5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

When attempting to breed shiny eggs, there are NPCs on that route that advance the PID frame aren't there?
Yes, there are.

Just hit your seed and hatch an Egg without any PID frame advancements. Compare the IVs, Nature, Gender, etc. of the Pokemon that hatches to your list of PID frames. Wherever it is located is your Shifted Starting Frame (which is generally 3-5 frames below the actual Starting Frame, depending on how quick you were to pick up the Egg). Just advance your PID frame the newly required amount (which should obviously be less than before). Hatch, and voila.

Are there any special conditions that separate Landorus from other stationary RNGs? Because I've done them all before and everything is perfect, except I cannot hit the right IVs for Landorus even after about 20 attempts. I can't even hit an adjacent seed. Does Landorus not start on frame 1 like other stationary Pokemon? Or is it not considered a stationary at all? I can't think of ANYthing else that would make sense.

The listings in the encounter slot table for "Dragonspiral Tower ([season])" are for the area just north of Icirrus City (this area), right?

When I visited it during the spring, it was raining, and when I visited it during the winter, it was snowing. Is there rain/snow full-time during those seasons, or is it only at certain times of the day? If it's full-time, I'll have to find a spread in summer or autumn so that Sweet Scent will work.

Yes, that's right.

Are there any special conditions that separate Landorus from other stationary RNGs? Because I've done them all before and everything is perfect, except I cannot hit the right IVs for Landorus even after about 20 attempts. I can't even hit an adjacent seed. Does Landorus not start on frame 1 like other stationary Pokemon? Or is it not considered a stationary at all? I can't think of ANYthing else that would make sense.
Landorus is just like all of the other stationary Pokemon. All I can say is make sure you're starting at the right time, and holding down any keypresses it needs. Even try a different spread and see if it works.

I'm finding my SSF, so I hit my target seed, chattered once, what do I do next after I hatch the egg?
You check in RNG reporter with the seed you hit to see what PIDRNG frame you're on.

Once that's figured out, you do X chatters on top of the original 1 the next time you breed on that seed, and you'll get to your desired frame.

Question: Does a timer0 fluctuation mean you're on a different seed, meaning the PIDRNG results will differ, or even if timer0 fluctuates, the PIDRNG frames will be the same for the seed.

I am trying to hit a Timid Shiny HP Ice 70 Litwick. I get the shiny but my synchronizer won't pass on the nature even though the seed is syncable.
I keep getting the shiny but it is never Timid ( my lead Munna's nature)

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/543/unledlitwick2.png/ <--- My Time Finder

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/820/unledlitwick.png/ <---- My Main Window.

All I keep getting is what the RNG Reporter says, Careful. As you can see, the nature is syncable.

All help is appreciated. Thanks

I am trying to hit a Timid Shiny HP Ice 70 Litwick. I get the shiny but my synchronizer won't pass on the nature even though the seed is syncable.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/820/unledlitwick.png/ <---- My Main Window.

All I keep getting is what the RNG Reporter says, Careful. As you can see, the nature is syncable.

We told you that your encounter type is set to "Wild Pokemon (Cave Spot)".

That specific type of encounter type is for swirling dust clouds in CAVES, meaning it's used for drilburs and excadrills.

SWITCH the encounter type so it says "Wild Pokemon".

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

You still have it set to cave spot. You want normal Wild Pokémon.

Edit: Accelgor'd.

I'm trying to verify my seed when I'm breeding. As soon as I pick up the egg, I Fly to the Pokémon League, head south into Victory Road, and use Sweet Scent in the cave. I caught a Pokémon, checked its IV range with MetalKid's IV Calculator, and plugged them into RNG Reporter's "DS Parameter Search" feature, along with the time and date that I loaded the game, my MAC address, button presses (none), and game/language. I got no results. I reset and tried again. I got the same exact Pokémon (species, level, nature, stats, and all), so I still couldn't get a result. After that battle, I used Sweet Scent again, and checked the IVs of that Pokémon. No results.

Has anyone else had this problem? It used to happen to me all the time when trying to find my seed in 4th gen. I'm positive that the information I'm inputting is correct. If I can't get it resolved, I'm going to have to pick a new seed to aim for.

I'm trying to verify my seed when I'm breeding. As soon as I pick up the egg, I Fly to the Pokémon League, head south into Victory Road, and use Sweet Scent in the cave. I caught a Pokémon, checked its IV range with MetalKid's IV Calculator, and plugged them into RNG Reporter's "DS Parameter Search" feature, along with the time and date that I loaded the game, my MAC address, button presses (none), and game/language. I got no results. I reset and tried again. I got the same exact Pokémon (species, level, nature, stats, and all), so I still couldn't get a result. After that battle, I used Sweet Scent again, and checked the IVs of that Pokémon. No results.

Has anyone else had this problem? It used to happen to me all the time when trying to find my seed in 4th gen. I'm positive that the information I'm inputting is correct. If I can't get it resolved, I'm going to have to pick a new seed to aim for.
You should check your seed by comparing the ivs you got from the scented poke with the the first 20 spreads of your target seed (main RNG reporter window, method 5 standard seed, wild poke, your target seed).

You should check your seed by comparing the ivs you got from the scented poke with the the first 20 spreads of your target seed (main RNG reporter window, method 5 standard seed, wild poke, your target seed).
This.

Extra: It'll most likely be between frame 14~20. Definently after 8 and should be at most 20 if you go straight to victory road.

Worked like a charm, thanks :). I think I've gotten frame 14 every time I've checked (for multiple breeding projects).

Worked like a charm, thanks :). I think I've gotten frame 14 every time I've checked (for multiple breeding projects).
14 is the standard. I only sort of know why

You start at frame 8. While going to victory road (or somewhere else), something shifts it for a total of +6 frames

Then you are at frame 14. While you walk from the pokemon league to the first map, that's about 20-30 or so steps. You might pass over your 128 step counter, which will increase your frame by 1~6 depending on how many pokemon are in your party. Hence you will be at frame 14~20 when you sweet scent immediately after picking up your egg.

If anyone knows, I'm curious what causes the +6 shift.

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
14 is the standard. I only sort of know why

You start at frame 8. While going to victory road (or somewhere else), something shifts it for a total of +6 frames

If anyone knows, I'm curious what causes the +6 shift.
+7 to put the egg in your party puts you at frame 8, and then +6 to generate the IVs of the egg.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 14)