VGC '11 US South Regional - Dallas, TX - WON BY ryuzaki vgc & Lucien Lachance

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRank

Jonny
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
That happens to be my brother to whom you are referring.

I guess he got thrown off by the slow Pokemon and used his TR counter lead. I was hoping to see him fight you though, what happened?
Am I supposed to lie? He was really bad Water Spout weak, as you found out when it KO'd 3/4 of his team. (or 1/2, I know it KO'd Chandelure and Scrafty)

What happened to me? Faced someone who knew what he was doing (i.e. EVs/IVs), but read wayyy too far into it and overpredicted on turn one, then once Conkeldurr went down I couldn't counter his Terrakion. It doesn't bother me too much though, my friend took Top 8 (although the guy who beat me crithaxxed him there >__>) and I'll be at nats so it's all good.

I had it won from the start IMO. I wasn't too worried. It was a good match but it wasn't has good has I would have liked it too. I expected better is all.

I had it won from the start IMO. I wasn't too worried. It was a good match but it wasn't has good has I would have liked it too. I expected better is all.
Yeah, the one fear of that lead was Scarf Jellicent. However, his other lead was a really good counter to scarf Jellicent. I guess alot of competitive Pokemon battling boils down to what your lead is.

He looks forward to a rematch at Nationals. Good luck!

Heh, I was always thought you used the same team for nationals as you did regionals. But man! Last year, if your opponent's lead countered yours, you were done, right? I remember last year how there were tons of ludicolos, with their two weaknesses to bug and flying, which werent very common, but now it's got some tough opponents to go up against- Volcorona and Acrobatics users especially.

Once again, like last year, Blizzard is the deciding move for my last match. -___-

A guy at the last regionals got DQ'ed because he had an Amoonguss level 50 with Spore. However, a Foongus learns Spore at level 50. Say you were in a trainer battle, the Foongus would learn the Spore during the battle, then evolve after the battle and remain at level 50. So why was it considered illegitimate?

Some staff members at the events don't know what they are doing. For example, my senior brother went up against a random who had a beard and looked like he was 30. The staff said "Oh, he's a kid."

I could totally read the staff member's face - "Go away".

BlueCookies

April Fools 2009 Participant
VGC '10, '11, '12 Masters Champion
A guy at the last regionals got DQ'ed because he had an Amoonguss level 50 with Spore. However, a Foongus learns Spore at level 50. Say you were in a trainer battle, the Foongus would learn the Spore during the battle, then evolve after the battle and remain at level 50. So why was it considered illegitimate?
because it was a hacked amoongus, you shouldn't always believe what you hear

breh

強いだね
Is it OK to unregister in the Live competition under "BATTLE COMPETITON", even if you qualified for Nats?
I sure as hell hope so, since I already did that lol

I'm fairly sure that you can. However, if you're perfectly satisfied with your team, you can hold off doing so until you're positive.

I got a a crapy iPhone video of senior and master finals. I also got Ryuzaki beating Charistopher and I saved the battle video of her beating me. Thats it though. I got lots several pics too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)