is a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
table of contents:
- short history
- philosophical bullshit
- shoutouts
- how i didn't win uk 2011 tcg nats

short history
The first few months are a blank.
Somehow I started playing CAP? Allegedly I was good at one point. I don't know about that, I wonder what happened to my blue asterisk. Oh yeah, Shoddy's obsolete.
No idea what, but something made me start C&Cing. Perhaps by gleaning from the best players I thought I could improve myself?
Blah blah blah, cue lots of GPing and two or three analyses and I have a ladybug. Moved onto a Smog Contributor with help from some HTMLing and lots of Trivia. Slowly working my way towards Contributor and Site Staff (although we all know which one is more likely to happen).
Been at boarding school lately, so less time to grammar check stuff and write shit, plus my poke-skills are gone (did I have any to begin with), meaning my analyses aren't even up to snuff anymore.

Philosophical Bullshit
I really like this place. I have no idea why. I have good friends here (some I've yet to meet but will do soon, such as SDS, some I'd really like to meet but probably won't, such as Mekkah, and some who I actually know, such as Joel and other randoms), I like knowing that I'm doing something good and nice for no personal benefit. I'd like to give back to this place as much as possible, but I forgot what I even took in the first place.
Here's to a long and happy stay!

Shoutouts
This is how this'll work - you post, if I think I know you well enough (forum experience or otherwise), I'll post an image of something I relate to you, and describe you in my eyes. People who actually deserve words will get a whole paragraph (an either a chemical/molecular formula or a card from some game). kinda like a mixture between phil7086's 1k and kd24's 4k.
I've started off with a select few who've really made my time here.

Rising_Dusk
I met you in CAP, and through some how some way we became friends. You were always that bit better than me, and I ended up looking to you for advice and help in everything. It was probably you that got me started in C&C, so there isn't enough I can thank you for. We've had an odd dispute, but in the end, the final result is often better. I can't say enough how great a friend and 'mentor' you've been.
Bebe's Search - timeless classic. always helpful, usually there, but never hogs the limelight.

Seven Deadly Sins
God knows how the hell we met, but literally a few minutes later we're like best friends. You've always been more of a joking partner more than anything, but when the time comes, you're one of my many connections to C&C, and I probably wouldn't be the (soon-to-be) Contributor I am now. I'm always seeing you tell me "Go for it, dude" in IRC, and the payoff is usually nice. The best thing is, you seem to be able to balance out being all fun and games and people's friend, but you can explode and get shit done when required. Granted, not everyone likes how you get shit done, or how well you get it done, but you get it done.
p.s. i will complete Ten Desires in like 40 minutes. on lunatic.
Uxie Lv.X - Great to have, infinitely useful, well liked. When push comes to shove, drop a DCE and you can solve your problems through sheer force as opposed to draw power.

Mekkah
Conceitedness is never a problem. You always seem approachable, and sometimes I forget you're an admin. You seem to be good in most things you do, and boy you do a lot of things, some of which are more surprising than others. Whether it be TCG, talk about Smogon, or just general crap, you're pretty much the epitome of reasonable. If - or should I say when - problems occur, at least I know I have a safe seat to back me up.
Machamp Prime - Big and strong, but not out of everyone's league. Playable, and beatable. A tough opponent when against, and a priceless ally when with.

Fishy
Well known, enjoyable, friendly. Conversations are always fun, albeit sometimes oddjob. A friendly face to all around.

Alchemator
Simple in design, yet can let creatively flow and spew from something basic. Frustrating to some, but a positive background addition.

Gen Empoleon
No picture for you, since I don't know you well enough to associate you with anything. However, you always seem to know what you're doing; you've been here long enough. A nice guy, always shows a human side.You can have a card instead though!
Cyclone Energy - Been around for a while. Never a star, yet never a bad play. Enjoyable in the right situations.

Colonel_M
Taken for granted one too many times. Actually incredibly hard working, despite copious abuse. I respect you in the fact that you can bring yourself up to do the job that being C&C Chief requires, yet also at times where you know you're out of your depth and stop and say "okay I'm not getting involved".

Vader
Mysterious in many ways, and benevolently dangerous. He can be a nice guy, but there is a side of him that's rare, and when it does surface, can potentially destroy something.

Rodan

RBG

Umbreon Dan
good fun, always a joker, can be serious once in a blue moon. really nice guy once you get to know him.

Gmax
Always knows a good joke from a bad one. Surprisingly intelligent on a lot of matters, especially where you don't expect. He's just that guy who has been around for a while but unnoticed, but quite hard working when it comes to it. I don't have fucktons to write, but he's worth a card.
Donphan Prime - Ironic that one of his faves is his representation; really good, solid play, but just isn't good enough to make it into the top tier. But I suppose this'll change once the new format rolls in, because donphan is good there!

PK Gaming
I don't see you doing much, but I know you are a really cool dude. You seem to be generally popular and everywhere somehow, so it's pretty much a bro-bro relationship. stay cool.

vonFiedler - idk man, i'll be honest.

Fatecrashers
Awesome dude, always a sense of humor. Sometimes needs to be serious, and occasionally tastes of diabetes, but quite simply goes with everything and great whenever. One of the select few I hope to meet!
Double Colorless Energy

Snorlaxe
Constantly bouncing around, always changing this and that, difficult to work with, I could go on forever. But I can't help but smile every so often at the inner child. Perhaps a bit of childish apathy isn't so bad once in a while?

zdrup15
You remind me of me so long ago; heart in the right place, had some semblance of an idea. If you keep at it and don't make wrong decisions like I do, then you'll grow into a mighty oak.
Gastly - not too bad in its own right, but with the right support will explode into one of the most broken cards in play.

SgtWoodsy
Always worth the cool factor, and takes everything seriously, even if there is a joker behind the gun. Great to chat with, also seems to be there when required.

jumpluff
Goddamn everyone seems to love this girl; and I don't really blame them. Incessantly friendly, it's no wonder she has the popularity she does. Just seem to be everywhere, so helpful and useful, willing to lend a hand almost all the time, even though you have your own stuff going on. You always approach new people and help them out with a smile, and I'm probably just another name in the list, but I'm grateful nontheless. A worringly high amount of common interests, and we're both equally disabled, so I feel special anyway! Miss you <3 though, we need to talk more :( *insert other stupid emoticons/smilies/whatever makes me look like a (BAN ME PLEASE))
Pokemon Collector - don't be daunted by the artwork. every deck ever runs this card. It's easily in the top three of best card in format. special card for a special person

more to come - if your name isn't on here then i'm either too lazy for forgot.

Why I didn't win TCG Nats this year

four out of seven matches in a row. bullshit.

Fishy

tits McGee (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)
Zystral! aka Zy, aka afk_sock?

I think we've only talked whilst you've been in cookie's channel but from our short time together I can gather that you're a cool guy (AND BRITISH) and you enjoy skype-sketching as much as the next guy, which is always fun. hope you're around the forums for a long time! :toast:

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
You've got some catching up to do.

We've got some catching up to do.

E: Hm, "simple" and "frustrating" eh? Charming :P

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I never understood, do Poke-POWERS effect the game even if the pokemon is on the bench? @_ @

EDIT:

My Solrock avatar is appeased with Cyclone Energy

v

protected by a silver spoon
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
record yourself saying your last name, since i cant for the life of me figure out how to pronounce it

I don't usually post here but you're a good guy to talk to so I had to say congrats on your 1k (and thanks for the support)!

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Vilegar is a bad deck anyways.
Looks like someone lost to it once. Badly.

Also thank you Zy. Here's to continuing the domination in the Trading Card Game!

P.S. Sorry for forgetting you in my 3K. I put you in though. ;_;. The only unit that had a weird accent was a female and I don't think you wanted her anyway. Just saying.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)