Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hm. Don't know if this has been asked before, but does Gravity negate Air Balloon? I know it stops Levitate and Flying types, but I haven't heard anything about Balloon. Thanks in advance ^.^

Hm. Don't know if this has been asked before, but does Gravity negate Air Balloon? I know it stops Levitate and Flying types, but I haven't heard anything about Balloon. Thanks in advance ^.^
I'm 99.7% positive that while Gravity is in effect any PKMN floating on a balloon will become grounded. Along with any other PKMN in the air

Want to try alternatives to the Rotom-W/Jirachi/Gliscor defensive core that works so well.

Well, I like Rotom-W and Gliscor, but am bored of playing the parahax game with Jirachi, and assume the others will need to change as well.

I like Wish support very much, so was thinking maybe Vaporeon or a defensive Latias.

Any ideas?

Does the Wide Lens boost accuracy of 100% accurate moves when accuracy and evasion are modified?

For example, if I use a 100% accurate move, but my accuracy has been lowered by one level, does the Wide Lens have any effect? And if my opponent's evasiveness has been boosted, does Wide Lens then have an effect upon the chance of my move hitting?
It should, at least according to the "Stats in DP" guide. Unless the mechanics changed, it should help.

EDIT:
What is generally a better: Jirachi + Gliscor + Rotom-W or Jirachi + Salamence?
And who works well with those?
Thank you for the respsone OliJolly

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
the standart saying for hatched pokemon in their description is ''egg hatched'' but i got a traded pokemon which had the following:''egg aparently hatched''.what does this mean?that it is traded?or hacked?

Do the Gem items activate when the holder uses a Hidden Power of their respective type? I'm considering Ice Gem Archeops to OHKO Gliscor with HP Ice...

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Why are OHKO moves banned from competitive play? They are horrendously inaccurate and a huge gamble. Furthermore, Focus Sash could potentially stop them and Sturdy has received an boost this generation. I'm not trying to argue for it at the moment; I'm simply wondering why it's even banned.

Why are OHKO moves banned from competitive play? They are horrendously inaccurate and a huge gamble. Furthermore, Focus Sash could potentially stop them and Sturdy has received an boost this generation. I'm not trying to argue for it at the moment; I'm simply wondering why it's even banned.
Same reason that Brightpowder is banned. It's not broken, but it can let a Pokemon get a sweep it shouldn't get. It eliminates the idea of counters. That's Smogon-talk for "People are terrified of hax", which is the real answer.

How bad is a jolly gible with 28-29/31/16-17/31/31/31?

I've been breeding for a few weeks trying to get a good gible and this is the best one but do you guys think I should keep or use as a parent?

I am so pissed off right now because this could have been my most successful breed yet and the defense let me down.

How bad is a jolly gible with 28-29/31/16-17/31/31/31?

I've been breeding for a few weeks trying to get a good gible and this is the best one but do you guys think I should keep or use as a parent?

I am so pissed off right now because this could have been my most successful breed yet and the defense let me down.
Technically, you should go for 31 in everything, but personally, I would just let it be and move on. I doubt the Defense loss would hurt you that bad down the road.

All right I think I'll keep this one. How much more percent damage will I take do you think though? Would it generally be like ~3-5% more?

edit: Nevermind, it's more than I thought, I'll rebreed.

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Same reason that Brightpowder is banned. It's not broken, but it can let a Pokemon get a sweep it shouldn't get. It eliminates the idea of counters.
Ahh. Thanks for the quick and concise answer! That's such silly Smogon-talk! Plenty of moves can be "hax-worthy" when abused. No need to punish those whole like to take risks. Bleh.

just a weird question I have - sucker punch versus focus punch. I'm guessing the way it works is that you gain focus, then get sucker punch and loose that focus. I'm just wondering if that's the way it really works because sucker punch fails if the opponent doesn't attack (in the same line, can something holding a king's rock flinch with sucker punch?).

Phi:

My description for Sucker Punch reads:

"Fails if the move opponent chose for use this round is not a damaging move, or if opponent struck before the user this round."

Since the opponent chose Focus Punch, a damaging move, for use, Sucker Punch will work and deal damage to the opponent, causing Focus Punch to fail. Sucker Punch doesn't have an additional effect of causing flinching; however, it can cause flinching if its user is holding King's Rock or Razor Fang.

How does the move Stored Power works?

Supposedly it's power increases with every stat boost, but I would sure like to know by how much. Plus, can it increases power during a turn? If my opponent were to use Flatter on my Pokémon before I attack, would Stored Power be more powerful that turn or only next turn?

Lets say my opponent sets up Spikes and I send in a Flying-Type/Pokemon with Levitate. Then lets say my opponent sends in a Gravity user and uses Gravity. My question is will the Spikes hurt my Pokemon if it is already on the field and Gravity is used?

BW Research Thread said:
Confirmed Stored Power's base power is 20 + 20 * each stage of stat boost, including the the doubling of boosts by Simple. Does still increase in power against pokemon with Unaware. Stats with negatives do not affect its power. Its maximum power is 860. (OmegaDonut, mien, 2#, MeroMero)
This explains Stored Power better than I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)