6th member for VGC Team?

Hello :)
I'm trying to think of a 6th member for a VGC team to use this Saturday and I can't think of a decent 6th member...

I'm sorta doing a Rain Dance/Tailwind team so if anyone has any ideas for a 6th member, it'd be awesome :D

The team is:

Tornadus @ Damp Rock
Prankster
252 HP / 252 Spe / 4 Def
Naughty (Ingame Pokémon caught so couldn't control nature)

Taunt
Rain Dance
Tailwind
Protect

My lead off Pokémon. Rain Dance + Damp Rock = 8 turns of glorious rain for the rest of my team to use! Prankster means that I'll have +1 priority on all my moves so I won't be screwed over by a Rock Slide/Thunderbolt before making a move. Taunt is for stopping other TR/Tailwind teams from setting up on me and Protect is for scouting out moves and just protecting myself while my partner attacks the opposition.

Jellicent @ Choice Scarf
Water Absorb
4HP / 252SpA / 252 Spe
Timid

Water Spout
Ice Beam
Shadow Ball
Energy Ball

With a Choice Scarf, Water Spout and Rian support, Jellicent is extremely speedy and can do tons of damage to those who don't resist it. Timid with a Scarf means I can outspeed both genies and OHKO them with rain boosted Water Spout. Ice Beam is there for the pesky dragons and other flying types that could be a pain to take out, while Shadow Ball is there for Psychics like Reuniclus and Musharna as well as a reliable STAB. I chose Energy Ball as a 4th move for other water types and for a small element of surprise on the opponent...right?

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Levitate
4HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest

Focus Blast
Dragon Pulse
Dark Pulse
Surf

The other half of my 'SazaJelly' combo! Dragon Pulse and Dark Pulse are there for reliable STAB moves and get somewhat decent coverage. Focus Blast is there for Rock and Steel types and then there's Surf which can heal Jellicent (Powering up it's Water Spout) as well as hitting both enemies for good damage if Rain is up. I have Modest as I prefer the power and Tailwind Support means that it'll outspeed a lot of threats and hit them back instead.

Galvantula @ Focus Sash
Compoundeyes
4HP / 252SpA / 252Spe
Timid

Thunder
Bug Buzz
HP Ice
Protect

My second Special attacker on the team. Thunder gets 100% accuracy in rain and gets almost perfect neutral coverage with Bug Buzz. HP Ice is Landorus as well as other pokémon such as Haxorus (who doesn't take as much damage from either of my other moves). Protect is for scouting out moves as well as stalling out Trick Room if such a situation arrives. Focus Sash is there so Galvantula can take at least one hit and unleash an attack before going down.

Seismitoed @ Sitrus Berry
Swift Swim
132 Atk / 164 SpA / 212 Spe
Mild

Surf
Earthquake
Grass Knot
Protect

Being the only pokémon in 5th gen with can use Swift Swim effectively, it is very useful for my team. I use Surf as it can hit both opponents and if Jellicent is alive, it can be healed by it. Earthquake is a strong reliable STAB moves which both Tornadus and Hydreigon are immune to, so I don't have to worry about damaging my other Pokés. Grass Knot is there for other Jellicent and other water types that my other Pokémon cannot deal with. I chose Sitrus Berry for more survivability which means it could live another attack and get off one last attack before going down.

So yeah, if there are any ideas for a 6th member, please post :D
Thanks guys :)

Basculin
name: Choice Band
move 1: Aqua Jet
move 2: Waterfall
move 3: Double-Edge
move 4: Crunch
item: Choice Band
nature: Adamant
ability: Adaptability
evs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

I can say from personal experience that a Choice Banded' Adapted STAB Rain Boosted Aqua Jet HURTS.

Samurott
move 1: Surf / Hydro Pump / Scald
move 2: Ice Beam / Blizzard
move 3: Grass Knot / Air Slash
move 4: Detect
item: ??
nature: Modest / Quiet
ability: Torrent
evs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD

Samurott is a good, bulky attacker capable of taking some hits.

Eelektross
move 1: Discharge / Thunderbolt / Thunder
move 2: Flamethrower
move 3: Hidden Power Ice
move 4: Protect / Grass Knot
item: ??
nature: Modest
ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD

Eelektross boosts no weaknesses and can use its great Special Attack to run rampant if given the chance.

So, yeah. I'd recommend Basculin because of that BEASTLY Aqua Jet.

Admiral Kuzan

formerly MavsObbession
Cool team you got there, bro. Now on to the suggestions....

Here's a better moveset for Hydreigon in my opinion.

Hydreigon @ White Herb
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Modest/Timid
EV's: 4 HP/252 SpA/252 Speed
Moveset:

Draco Meteor
Dark Pulse
Dragon Pulse
Surf

Draco Meteor is a strong STAB move that can easily OHKO any Pokemon. If you pair it up with White Herb, its stats won't be lowered, and you can use another Draco Meteor and OHKO again. (Trust me, I did this in the VGC a lot.) So, Draco Meteor STAB + White Herb= 2 possible OHKO's.

Your Tornadus is vulnerable to Taunt, it will cause it to use Struggle. I prefer Thundurus over Tornadus because Tornadus has more weaknesses. Plus, Thunduru and Tornadus can nearly learn all of the same moves. Here is a good moveset for Thundurus instead of Tornadus...

Thundurus @ Electric Gem
Ability: Prankster
Nature: Timid/Modest
Moveset:

Taunt
Rain Dance
Thunder (Rain Dance is in effect, makes it 100% accuracy)
Tailwind

Thunder + Electric Gem= Possible instant OHKO. It is very powerful, and with 100% accuracy in rain, it can be very deadly. If you can't use Thundurus, here's a good moveset for Tornadus...

Tornadus @ Flying Gem
Nature: Naughty (by the way, for future reference Timid or Modest is the best nature for him)
EV's: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 SpD
Moveset:

Acrobatics
Rain Dance
Taunt
Tailwind

Acrobatics + Flying Gem is devastating it can OHKO some types of Pokemon, and when you use up the Flying Gem, the power of Acrobatics is doubled to make it 110 damage.

A good 6th Pokemon for your team would be...

Eelektross @ Sitrus Berry
Nature: Quiet
EVs: 252 HP/4 Defense/252 SpA
Moveset:

Flamethrower
Thunderbolt
Hidden Power Ice
Protect

If you want an Eelektross with Attack power here it is:

Eelektross @ Flying Gem (if you using the Tornadus with Flying Gem give this guy a Sitrus Berry.)
Nature: Brave
Moveset:

Wild Charge
Acrobatics
Dragon Claw/Brick Break
Protect

Wild Charge does a pretty good amount of damage, and the Acrobatics + Flying Gem combo is BEAST and deadly.

Conkeldurr @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Def
Moveset:

Protect
Mach Punch
Drain Punch
Rock Slide

Guts + Flame Orb + Drain Punch = Massive Damage + Recovery. Mach Punch can finish off any Pokemon and Rock Slide can take care of other genies.

Overall great team! Good luck in the VGC and I hope you liked my suggestions. By the way, this is going to be a long read...

Cool team you got there, bro. Now on to the suggestions....

Here's a better moveset for Hydreigon in my opinion.

Hydreigon @ White Herb
Nature: Modest/Timid
Moveset:

Draco Meteor
Dark Pulse
Dragon Pulse
Surf

Draco Meteor is a strong STAB move that can easily OHKO any Pokemon. If you pair it up with White Herb, its stats won't be lowered, and you can use another Draco Meteor and OHKO again. (Trust me, I did this in the VGC a lot.) So, Draco Meteor STAB + White Herb= 2 possible OHKO's.

Your Tornadus is vulnerable to Taunt, it will cause it to use Struggle. I prefer Thundurus over Tornadus because Tornadus has more weaknesses. Plus, Thunduru and Tornadus can nearly learn all of the same moves. Here is a good moveset for Thundurus instead of Tornadus...

Thundurus @ Electric Gem
Nature: Timid/Modest
Moveset:

Taunt
Rain Dance
Thunder (Rain Dance is in effect, makes it 100% accuracy)
Tailwind

Thunder + Electric Gem= Possible instant OHKO. It is very powerful, and with 100% accuracy in rain, it can be very deadly. If you can't use Thundurus, here's a good moveset for Tornadus...

Tornadus @ Flying Gem
Nature: Naughty (by the way, for future reference Timid or Modest is the best nature for him)
EV's: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 SpD
Moveset:

Acrobatics
Rain Dance
Taunt
Tailwind

Acrobatics + Flying Gem is devastating it can OHKO some types of Pokemon, and when you use up the Flying Gem, the power of Acrobatics is doubled to make it 110 damage.

A good 6th Pokemon for your team would be...

Eelektross @ Sitrus Berry
Nature: Quiet
EVs: 252 HP/4 Defense/252 SpA
Moveset:

Flamethrower
Thunderbolt
Hidden Power Ice
Protect

If you want an Eelektross with Attack power here it is:

Eelektross @ Flying Gem (if you using the Tornadus with Flying Gem give this guy a Sitrus Berry.)
Moveset:

Wild Charge
Acrobatics
Dragon Claw/Brick Break
Protect

Wild Charge does a pretty good amount of damage, and the Acrobatics + Flying Gem combo is BEAST and deadly.

Conkeldurr @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Def
Moveset:

Protect
Mach Punch
Drain Punch
Rock Slide

Guts + Flame Orb + Drain Punch = Massive Damage + Recovery. Mach Punch can finish off any Pokemon and Rock Slide can take care of other genies.

Overall great team! Good luck in the VGC and I hope you liked my suggestions. By the way, this is going to be a long read...
Good suggestions there :)
Unfortunately, I can't get Thunderus due to time constraints (my VGC is in 2 days :/)
I'll edit the Hydreigon though to the above set :D

With the Eelectross, Flamethrower is kinda counter-productive as I'm running a Rain Team, but thanks anyway :)

BrainWave = I COULD replace my Damp Rock with Mental Herb, which would stop Taunt for a turn and seeing as VGC battles are kinda short anyway, having only 5 turns wouldn't be so bad :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)