Haxorus

Rivalry is workable but a gamble. It can do some truly insane damage though. For example, you can hit Ferrothorn for well over 55% damage depending on the EV spread. I once hit a Heatran for 65% with Rivalry.

I dunno if this is the right place for it, but people really need to stop saying that Mold Breaker negates Iron Barbs. It doesn't, and it has no reason to--it's not like Haxorus is dealing any less damage or losing any effects of his attacks because of Iron Barbs.

I even personally went to Mistralton Cave with my Haxorus just to confirm this fact. Used Dragon Claw on a Ferroseed and lost 1/8 of my HP. So, no, Mold Breaker has a lot of perks, but immunity to Iron Barbs isn't one of them.

It's Abilities like Rivalry and moves like Attract (lol, but it has happened once) that are the reason I have most of my team as females on PO.

But then again, if this idea gets out, we're going to have some mind-games going on before the battlers even meet.

How well of an Endeavor user is Haxorus and what could/would an "Endeavor set" look like?
Aware of the lack of priority, yes, but I am curious.

It's Abilities like Rivalry and moves like Attract (lol, but it has happened once) that are the reason I have most of my team as females on PO.

But then again, if this idea gets out, we're going to have some mind-games going on before the battlers even meet.
Wrong thread I assume, but would a female Zoroark illusion as a female Haxorus if the team's Haxorus is MALE ?

Stratos

Banned deucer.
nope. it copies even the gender.

also yeah my team is all female/genderless so people cry a lot when they whip out haxorus.

Haxorus @ Haban Berry/Leftovers/Draco Plate
Trait: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 HP / 24 Def / 176 SDef / 56 Spd
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Taunt
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake

I have been using this Bulky DD+ taunt set for a while and it can sure take a lot of abuse. This set has similar bulk to Dragonite (with out Multiscale), and has access to taunt, no quadruple weakness, and no Stealth rock weakness. After a Dragon Dance, its outspeeds the base 115s, and Scarf Tyrannitar. Even with no attacks investment, it has a whopping 330 attack. I prefer Mold Breaker over Rivalry on this set because it allows you to set up on Bronzong, and then beats it easily. With a Haban berry it can easily bait and ko other dragon types,

SJCrew

Believer, going on a journey...
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
See, I wanted to run a bulky set like that the other day, but it defeats the point of using Haxorus over the rest of the Dragons. Its only solid niche is its immense power. As such, I don't feel it's appropriate to ever run a Haxorus without max Att.

I do however, have the perfect slot for this on one of my teams and I have yet to try a non-CB Haxorus. I'd like to see how this works out with my own eyes (with my own spread, of course).

I feel like Taunt+SD is better than taunt with dragon dance, simply because even with investment, he's only going to lure and beat revengers of a very specific kind (i.e. with haban he can lure/beat latios), and it can still get hit by Scald, which is depressing to say the least, since it's going to need multiple DDs to get through bulky waters. :(

I feel like Taunt+SD is better than taunt with dragon dance, simply because even with investment, he's only going to lure and beat revengers of a very specific kind (i.e. with haban he can lure/beat latios), and it can still get hit by Scald, which is depressing to say the least, since it's going to need multiple DDs to get through bulky waters. :(
I think your underestimating Haxorus power even with 330 Atk and no boosting item. SD+Taunt is inferior on a bulky set since it will get outspeed by a lot of pokemon, and it can't take on Specs Latios, since a DM will OHKO through Haban, unless you run like max HP and Max special defense. Of note, most bulky waters fail to 2ko with Ice beam, even Vaporeon only does 41% - 48.3%, and if it can avoid a burn, than it can usually beat many bulky waters. It also 2koes Slowbro with Stealth Rock, with a +1 Outrage. Jellicent without Willowisp ( even then you can taunt it), or Ice beam will lose pretty much all the time

I think as a straight CB Haxorus, it's not as good as CB Garchomp thanks to getting few notable extra kills, not as powerful EQ and a lower speed that can have a huge effect.

With that in mind, DD or CS haxorus should theoretically be the better option - rivalry would help make up for the lost power, and the extra speed would let it ouspeed what I've found to be CB chomp's (or most chomp's) biggest problems, starmie and lati@s. I'd opt for CS purely because of the risk that comes with DD, but it may be viable, but with DD it's easier for things like scizor and gyara to spoil you a bit.

tehy

Banned deucer.
It's better than CB garchomp, thanks to having a higher attack.

The point of CB haxorus is to wreck the enemy;basically, unless the enemy has skarmory or maybe bronzong, a pokemon WILL die. Then it still has to be revenged, and if you can avoid that, it can be switched in later to kill a second pokemon. Scarf wouldn't be that much better than chomp, and DD is mence or d-nite's job.

Garchomp has higher base speed and STAB EQ. It's movepools a bit more versatile too, so I think it's the better Scarf user. But Haxorus has monstrous attack and Mold Breaker, which makes it a good candidate for CB.

CB is probably Hax's best set, but I actually love SD. The power it puts out is insane. It needs an awful lot of team support, but it utterly decimates a lot of things through sheer force.

^

That.

As a complete lawl team I threw a CB Rivalry Haxorus into the mix with a SmashPass Gorebyss. That whole "He can 2HKO everything" reality quickly turns into "He OHKOs everything" haha.

Alternatively, give him Yache Berry + Mold Breaker. Loses out on the power, obviously, but I bet there's not too many people out there running a team with two Ice Sharders o_o

Any other BP stuff I haven't bothered with trying. I'd say passing him an Agility is probably the best option (pass to the CB Rivalry version). Which is basically the same idea as giving him a Tailwind, just without the timer. The biggest problem, imo, is that having an Agility-passer is the most dangerous thing (to yourself) you can have for a BP user. With NP/SD passing, you're making yourself into a threat, should you decide to not pass.

For Tailwinders, Suicune gets decentish synergy, but passing's a pain. Whimsicott's got shitty typing to pair with Haxxy, but he has the upside of Memento/Tailwind to really mess people up. And I'm pretty sure Scizor can use Tailwind too, and he's a fair partner for Haxorus too, rounding it all out with U-Turn.

Edit: Ninja'd... sorta o_o

Alice

The worst taste in music
Not completly outclassed, but failing to outspeed +1 Volcarona and CS Landlos sucks still.
Recently, most of the volcaronas I've seen are bulky, so it's not a lost cause. Still, I think CB and SD haxorus are the most threatening...

Recently, most of the volcaronas I've seen are bulky, so it's not a lost cause. Still, I think CB and SD haxorus are the most threatening...
Especially the CB variants for packing extreme amounts of power. A CB Rivalry-boosted Outrage is nothing to joke about (It helps that very few people change their Poke's genders.) Mold Breaker's also an excellent ability, for trolling Earthquake switchins like Gengar and Bronzong.

Some damage calcs for a Rivalry variant, assuming a boost from his ability (Neutral natures assumed unless stated otherwise)

Outrage vs max/max Gyarados Intimidate: 648 Atk vs 282 Def & 390 HP (150 Base Power): 370 - 436 (94.87% - 111.79%) (66% chance of a OHKO without rocks, guaranteed otherwise)
Brick Break vs standard 252/48 Ferrothorn: 648 Atk vs 336 Def & 352 HP (93 Base Power): 258 - 304 (73.30% - 86.36%) (Guaranteed 2HKO)
Outrage vs max/min Tyranitar: 648 Atk vs 256 Def & 404 HP (150 Base Power): 408 - 480 (100.99% - 118.81%) (OHKOed)
Earthquake vs max/min Scizor: 648 Atk vs 236 Def & 344 HP (125 Base Power): 246 - 290 (71.51% - 84.30%) (2HKOed by everything, but Earthquake can KO after the first switch into Stealth Rock)
Outrage vs 252/200 Impish Gliscor: 648 Atk vs 370 Def & 354 HP (150 Base Power): 282 - 333 (79.66% - 94.07%) (Low chance of a OHKO with SR, but it won't like the hit anyway)
Something vs max/max Skarmory: 648 Atk vs 416 Def & 334 HP (150 Base Power): 126 - 148 (37.72% - 44.31%) (Painfully a 3HKO at best, that's assuming average damage rolls vs Leftovers)

These are just some examples of the sheer firepower behind this thing, against some of the most-used threats out there. Notably, he loves Spikes and Stealth Rock support, as it'd push some things into KO range for him, like Ferrothorn and Scizor. Add in the ability to sponge incoming Ice and Dragon attacks, and I'd think Ferrothorn would make an excellent partner for him. You just need to find a way to get rid of Skarmory. Magnezone can trap the non-Shed Shell variants, otherwise you'll just have to KO him through other means.

Honestly, if you're not a Steel type, you'll hate an Outrage from this thing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)