VGC '11 United Kingdom National - Birmingham - June 4th - WON BY RubeNCB92 & Plusle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations to Ruben. As for me, I lost in the last 64/third round to a guy called Marcus, I don't know if he posts here, damn his Mienshao!
Haha he was fun, I 4-0ed him in the top 16 if you're interested. :P

Great day out, felicidades para Ruben, just kind of annoyed I have to pay to go to worlds cause of a misclick! (I meant to use EQ, had hit rockslide, didn't get a flinch, was basically the only reason I lost)

Was a really fun day, even if I did horribly! (Lost Rd 1 to Gary, who made top 16 before losing to Ruben.) Kinda disappointed, since I only really wanted to do better than last year, but that's the way the matchups go.
Oh, idly, Gary's team was apparently not RNGed in the slightest - the only one that had close to perfect IVs was his Eelektross. :|

Also didn't meet anyone except for a couple of people I already knew and GEC, who I spoke to for all of about 10 seconds. Really wish I'd recognised more people (or people who recognised me had spoken to me! - I had Yoshis, I was hard to miss!)

Lost in round 1 to tblakey. Took one look at his shirt and was like "Yep I've lost". For some reason I saw Jellicent, Amoongus and Scrafty and put in my anti-TR leads. Scarf Jellicent wrecked me.
Managed a 4 win streak on the king of the hill type stand (didn't lose I just wanted to watch some matches). The lady at the stand cheered me on at one point. :3

Whilst waiting for the train ride home, I managed to win 3/5 battles with random people in the union room. Maybe if I'd prepared better, I wouldn't have lost as horribly, but at least I lost to a quarter finalist, well done tblakey.

Congrats Ruben. That penultimate turn when you celebrated early and Chandelure lived with 1 HP was hilarious, it was a really enjoyable final. Good luck all that qualified for the worlds!

Just got in, great weekend. If kinneas posts some of our videos from friday night you will get to appreciate how awesome it was.
Made my way to finalists lounge without any real opposition, with lady luck on my side and the fact I didn't have one unfavourable team matchup until T32, where i got nervous and played like shit, except for swagger whimsicott being an utter don, and i'm just claiming now my Trainer Card was the best, as acknowledged by the crowd watching my R3 match on the screen.

Also zog is a bye thief

Oh yeah, grats Rube, you were very entertaining to watch in the finalists section after i'd gone out, and big props to twash too, coming from nowhere to take second, i'm not the only one who was pretty surprised by that, and you deserved it (except for haxing gecpharos :'( )

Lets get it??

I got it ^_^

It was a fun day, I'll probably make a warstory later today or tomorrow.. or something.

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Got in a short while ago, had an awesome time. Managed to get to Top 8, but would've loved to make the final obviously. Congrats Ruben and Twash!

Just gonna jump in the thread to say hi, I was one of the 25 finalists before being knocked out by a smogonite (in which I massive herp derped, and even said so into the mike). Just wanted to let him know my username.

I got to Round 2 before I got royally played by Rees. Good show by him and his very similar team to my own. >_>

Congratulations to all the people with invites. Had a great day and so did my mate that the people who met me will have seen lurking around with me. Also Gazooki.

Tempted to make a warstory but obviously not much to write after losing round 2.

Just gonna jump in the thread to say hi, I was one of the 25 finalists before being knocked out by a smogonite (in which I massive herp derped, and even said so into the mike). Just wanted to let him know my username.
That would have been me, I think. I felt so sorry for you after that battle...

Well I had a great day...gonna post a War(Skirmish) story of my 2 rounds :( and my bad luck + I'm gonna get my R2 battle online.

Too bad luck wasn't on my side today...can't wait for my last chance next week. Still....it was a personal best

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributor
Congrats to the spaniard who celebrates far too early and twash!

I'd love to say that I got to round 3, but I got hit by a quick claw mienshao with rockslide. 3 QCs. 6 Flinches. No fecking fun.

Awesome weekend, congrats to everyone who was good and especially gec and tab and kinneas and keelhauled and to a certain extent Joel and all the cute users I had a brilliant day with ^_^ I got to round 3 but shouldn't have made it past 2, my opponent got a triple heat wave miss and looking him in the eyes after the match was horrible D:

Whilst waiting for the train ride home, I managed to win 3/5 battles with random people in the union room. Maybe if I'd prepared better, I wouldn't have lost as horribly, but at least I lost to a quarter finalist, well done tblakey.
I think I was one of the people you played against. I probably had a Hydreigon, Jellicent, Conkeldurr, and Reuniclus. You beat me, but at least I won 2/4 battles there.

In the actual VGC, I got knocked out in Round 1, but I kind of expected that.

That would have been me, I think. I felt so sorry for you after that battle...

No need to, I should have spent some time online, I kinda entered because a couple of friends of mine where going and did just chuck a team together based on http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3447811 that thread, I really did mean it when I said "what am I doing up here?"

Honestly I think I panicked and just hit whatever on the pick four screen because I was running low on time and hadn't picked out a second, I just had no idea what you'd be doing just looking at team preview.

My only regret is I gave you such a bad battle

I also seem to have gotten rather lucky for my round 1, the guy was such a Karen and I got 3 turns out of him

I made some stupid moves though, for example reversing a Trick Room when it made my Scrafty faster, -_- ended up getting stalled out to death, my Landorus locked with a choice band. I hadn't RNG'd my team, mind.

Top 16! So close yet so far, I really cocked my last match up though. I would have been happy with winning 2 rounds to do better than last year. Didnt think I would make it to the lounge. Although I think my Amoongus worked harder than I did lol.

I rememeber you doing that, and saying that you would earlier in the queue.

Lost round 1 to Darkfinal because I forgot that Darmanitan's signature move is used because it 2HKO's everything in the game. I could've easily turned that around if I'd remembered that.

I was gutted how i played ruben in the last 25. He managed to set up on first turn with a sub and then celebrated as if he had won the whole thing (and we all heard it), I got annoyed by that and it wrecked my thinking and i wasn't thinking for second turn. Gutted because I know I still could of beat him, ah well hind sight is a brilliant thing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)