5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I did listed the parents Ivs, both of them are flawless. I don't think hacked parents will have any effect on it. Wait... is the "shinny egg tab" only reserved for C-gear and not *non c gear*?
Shiny egg tab only works for non-C-gear, because C-gear can't control the PID frame.

I did listed the parents Ivs, both of them are flawless. I don't think hacked parents will have any effect on it. Wait... is the "shinny egg tab" only reserved for C-gear and not *non c gear*?
shiny egg tab is for non c-gear. Also the seed has to be flawless too to guarantee that all PID frames will produce flawless off-springs. Put the seed into the main window and choose method 5 standard. Look at frame 8 to see what the seed IVs are.

*sigh* so I don't know what I might be doing wrong. Well can anyone explain to me what are the keypresses for? will I at least be able to get more or different seeds?
@Voodoo, you can control the PID for C-Gear. Just don't use the C-Gear after seeding. Turn it on, and turn it back off inside the house. Have a AR in with the Upper and Lower seed code check on, and that will explain where it's at just fine.

Keypresses are exactly what the word says. Keys you press, they just change the initial seeding for standard. It pretty much helps you find more seeds, but you have to hold buttons down from the beginning of the game until your first black title screen.

@Voodoo, you can control the PID for C-Gear. Just don't use the C-Gear after seeding. Turn it on, and turn it back off inside the house. Have a AR in with the Upper and Lower seed code check on, and that will explain where it's at just fine.

Keypresses are exactly what the word says. Keys you press, they just change the initial seeding for standard. It pretty much helps you find more seeds, but you have to hold buttons down from the beginning of the game until your first black title screen.
Kk thank you and thanks to everyone who helped. I will just keep trying to hit the seed or I will try different seeds.

Edit: @UpsideDownHitmontop: "Method 5" "gift pkm"? so that means I don't have to pay attention to the flawless Ivs I get on the shinny egg tab?

Verifying by catching something is such a waste of time. Flying to victory road, catching something and checking IVs is like a minute wasted and hatching the egg takes like 3-5 minutes so it's not that long.
I find it funny how checking IVs by flying to Vroad wastes a minute, but hatching an egg in 3-5 min (and twice that for 10k base step pokes) isn't considered a waste of time. Those minutes add up and its frustrating going back and forth on your bike to hatch your egg only to find out it was wrong. Also with it being wrong, your parents are still going to pass down IVs, so when you check the egg's IV, you might get mis-information if you missed your seed.

That's just my opinion on the matter. People can do it however way they want.

Kk thank you and thanks to everyone who helped. I will just keep trying to hit the seed or I will try different seeds.
I just looked at the seed you posted. The frame 8 IVs for the seed are 31/5/11/24/23/27. There's no way you can get something completely flawless from that. The most you can get is 4 flawless stats. Are you sure you searched for 31/31/31/31/31/31 in the shiny egg finder?

I just looked at the seed you posted. The frame 8 IVs for the seed are 31/5/11/24/23/27. There's no way you can get something completely flawless from that. The most you can get is 4 flawless stats. Are you sure you searched for 31/31/31/31/31/31 in the shiny egg finder?
Yes I did. I got "31/5/11/24/23/27" on one of my checks, how did you find that?
Well let me tell you the steps I do:
Put my ID/SID. Breeding B/W. Don't have everstone so I leave it on blank. put month/date and delays up to 70 for shininess. I put the Ivs I want for the egg and then I put the Ivs for the parents and lastly I check the "show inheritance" box.
That's how I got 31 Ivs on the seed.

Yes I did. I got "31/5/11/24/23/27" on one of my checks, how did you find that?
Well let me tell you the steps I do:
Put my ID/SID. Breeding B/W. Don't have everstone so I leave it on blank. put month/date and delays up to 70 for shininess. I put the Ivs I want for the egg and then I put the Ivs for the parents and lastly I check the "show inheritance" box.
That's how I got 31 Ivs on the seed.
You gave the seed, that's how he checked it.
Could you possibly upload a picture of the RNG reporter search feature, that gave you the seed? To see exactly what you put in there, as that would most likely help immensely.

I finally hit my seed... but the pkm has the wrong Ivs... 31 in all except in sp. attack and def. I put the seed on gift pkm and it has the same Ivs on sp. attack and def. for the ones who stayed the same. Should I use power items?

How do I begin to find my starting PID for shiny Thundurus?

Seed: 3b96c4ee84b3742f
IV: 31/6/30/31/31/31
Time: 7:14:06
Date: 7/29/2011
Frame: 1
Nearby Shiny: 556
Keypress: A+B+Start

I finally hit my seed... but the pkm has the wrong Ivs... 31 in all except in sp. attack and def. I put the seed on gift pkm and it has the same Ivs on sp. attack and def. for the ones who stayed the same. Should I use power items?
No. Power Items mess with the RNG. To get the correct parent pass downs, you have to abuse the PID.

ive been going for thundurus all night. about 6-7 hours worth.. and not one time.. has it been timid for me. im pretty sure ive seen ever single nature but timid.. been running through different frames, etc throughout.. havent even found my actual starting frame... because for some reason.. the combo isnt there.. i do everything the exact same.. mash a until the roamer dialogue is gone.. then go catch it. chatters, etc is done the same with no moving anything inside the house.

just.. bleh.. i might give up and just settle for modest. at least i know its just a 24 chatter.

i even did controlled scattered checks, like a 0,1,14,15,25,26,35,36.

to that extent.. and i just couldnt find anything like that either.

i mean, sooner or later timid will have to show itself.. but is it worth all this..

How do I begin to find my starting PID for shiny Thundurus?

Seed: 3b96c4ee84b3742f
IV: 31/6/30/31/31/31
Time: 7:14:06
Date: 7/29/2011
Frame: 1
Nearby Shiny: 556
Keypress: A+B+Start
You'll never hit 556. You have to account for +/- 9 seconds of rain, which advances the PID by 60/s. Then, you have your starting frame to add to that, and some npc movement on the route. So 600 is the bare minimum.

You'll never hit 556. You have to account for +/- 9 seconds of rain, which advances the PID by 60/s. Then, you have your starting frame to add to that, and some npc movement on the route. So 600 is the bare minimum.
I wouldn't say 600 is the bare minimum, that seems way to low to be the minimum. My starting PID for my shiny Thundurus was around 1683.

Two questions:

1. Does a moving NPC advance the RNG during Sweet Scent?

2. I know that an off-screen moving NPC will advance the RNG. Is it possible to get away from it far enough for it not to affect the RNG, or is does it still have an effect for an entire area?

1. Yes, it advances even through the Sweet Scent animation.

2. It affects the whole area, regardless of how far you are.

@dragonboy52: No they don't. I believe there's nothing at Victory Road that advance the PID frame, so happy RNGing there ;)

V4Victini

再起不能
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
Verifying by catching something is such a waste of time. Flying to victory road, catching something and checking IVs is like a minute wasted and hatching the egg takes like 3-5 minutes so it's not that long.
I verify by immediately catchg a pokemon on Route 3 and checking its characteristic. If it matches up with MTIVRNG frame 14 or 15 then you hit your seed. If needed you can use the judge in Nimbasa as he helps too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)