the X button

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bad Ass

Custom Title
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 2nd Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
alright, i'm sure others have this problem. sometimes, when you go to close out a battle after a win/loss, the other person clicks out first and you and up x'ing out of the server. i was wondering if the new version could a) just let you stay in the match even if the other person leaves (useful for saving logs) or b) moving the x button, maybe swapping its place with minimize

just a thought, not urgent lol

I DO THIS ALL THE TIME I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE!
And the logs are placed only if you choose an option that saves every battle log you have (which is unnecessary). I would love to be able to stay in after the battle. If it's a big tournament battle, people like to talk about it afterwards too.

I was actually hoping for the exact thing that Bad Ass describes. Useful for saving logs and so I don't accidentally quit PO as well (since for the summer I'll be playing for my netbook, it would be ridiculous for me to not maximize both windows).

I agree, being able to stay in a battle after the other person leaves would be immensely helpful. Not only would it solve this problem, but it would also allow people to save a log after. I'm probably going to go suggest this in the PO forums.

don't maximize your battle windows?
I laughed when I saw this topic. This wouldn't be a problem if you either a) Don't play battles on Full Screen or b) Pay more attention to where you are clicking. The idea of removing or changing the location of the "x" button from the actual Battle screen seems kind of dumb.

Yes the former suggestion is great. It is overall useful because a) the problem really sucks and b) it is useful for logs

Yes the former suggestion is great. It is overall useful because a) the problem really sucks and b) it is useful for logs
I'm not sure what you mean by "it is useful for logs". You can save logs by clicking the 'Save Log' box underneath the battle window. This has nothing to do about the battle screen size. Also, you didn't really give any legitimate reason as to why the developers should waste their time on such a request.

Just adding my thoughts, but if you moved the X and the minimize button, it would go against the standard Windows OS's window set up (the little border around the program), so the program would have to re-draw itself every time a substantial change was made graphically (which would not be a problem in this case), information wise, sudden change in size of the window (which you could call graphically i guess), and it would take up unnecessary RAM. But then again, I see where you guys are coming from. It would be useful to be able to review the battle before closing the window (or it getting closed on you). And a third thing is, after that battle, the forfeit button is replaced with a close button, just click that instead of going for the "X" button. But, those are just my thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)