Media Minecraft Discussion Thread

LOL - good one samousel... Nice reference to fresh prince...

..yeah, I think we should start a shroom farm, and it shouldn't be to hard to make in the Nether... in fact it'd be very easy to make the place ghast-proof, and if we make it out of sand and torches (if that works, I dunno) we can make it very easily harvestable...

otherwise we can always use fire

Quick question -

from which fine gentleman do I acquire the smogon server IP/permission to play in the smogcraft server?

I think I saw it once somewhere but I don't remember where; I think it's either Dan Dan or Xaqwais but I thought I'd ask to make sure anyway.

Well, you could PM me but there is no guarantee that I know how to add people to the whitelist, so at this point it's Dan.

Give him your account name and he should add you to the whitelist. You should be good to just sign in from then on.

^
Smogcraft is a friendly server, so as long as you don't have your stuff out in the open, chest protection is unnecesary...

But if you tell Dan the XYZ co-ords of your chest, he can probably tell who stole it... and give them a nice temp-ban

HolyChipmunk

California's finest chodesmuggler
^
Smogcraft is a friendly server, so as long as you don't have your stuff out in the open, chest protection is unnecesary...

But if you tell Dan the XYZ co-ords of your chest, he can probably tell who stole it... and give them a nice temp-ban
yeah, but that mod would stop it altogether, and save Dan the trouble. :\

Get a wooden pickaxe and right click your chest. It will tell you who has used it. I am still against adding specific chest protection mods as I feel that we already have the means to deal with people who think stealing is acceptable.

In times of darkness for SmogCraft, one man brings happiness. Once a simple user, he now does his best to help others, no matter the cost.

The most extravagant non-motion picture in SmogCraft history.

This summer:

Xaqwais is:

The Map Maker.

hooray! ^_^

...I still need to learn how to read this... Trying to find the Valley (or S station even) but I just can't :P

oh well, I'll find it eventually

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Bones: Use them to get dogs, turn into bonemeal to grow plants
Arrows: Shoot with a bow
Feathers: Craft into arrows (useless)
Gunpowder: Craft into TNT (but please lord don't be dumb with it)
String: Craft into bows and white wool

Smogcraft has tons of farms right at lsb we have:

-Tree farm
-Wheat farm
-Sugar Cane Farm
-Mushroom Farm (in the stone plus sign between sugar cane farm and tree farm
-Passive Mob Tower (past giant creeper pathway and theatre, but it sucks to be honest)
-Cacti Temple

Layell, feathers aren't useless.

You fill your inventory with them, spin around in circles while spamming Q, and see how much your opponent's attack goes down by.

az

toddmoding
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
why would feathers be useless?

crafting arrows isn't a waste even if you can get them from skeletons -- the amount they drop is tiny, you have to hunt them to get them if you don't have a mob spawner, and all the other materials are easily obtainable; flint is stockpiled a shitton in my home because of the abundance of gravel and wood is renewable

I think the argument is that they are easily the worst drop, especially with the abundance of Skelly farms around SmogCraft.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I can't believe I'm about to defend this.

If you have the giant mob tower the last thing you need to worry about is crafting arrows. In terms of not having a giant mob grinder/skelly spawner yes I know feathers are important.

As evidence I would like to point to the chests of feathers in the mob tower, they are the only ones that are always full.

az

toddmoding
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
i was reading your post without the context of the post you were responding to (ie referring specifically to this scenario in which we have grinders, ie lsb) so my bad!!

determined to make an enormous img dump soon and hopefully a play by play of development on azverse's main island

So I just started playing on Smogcraft (guanlongwucaii). It's been pretty fun so far, although the creepers have been rather...explosive. Anyway, my little dirt shack (with a mineshaft that produced 6 diamonds!) is near mastadi's Bonerville, at coordinates x=136 z=-550. It's pretty hard to access and in the middle of nowhere, so I have to resort to /warp spawn if I want to return to LSB. hopefully minecart tracks are built all the way to Bonerville soon! I'm also building a little fortress pretty nearby.

Just now, a very interesting visitor appeared at my door…

Sadly, this partnership of annoying hissing noises and overpowered arrow-spamming was short-lived...

The texture pack I'm using is the amazing Zekocraft.

EDIT:
So I was trying to take the Red Line to the Valley. I click the button. No minecart. I go down into the minecart dispenser system to take a look. And what meets my eyes...?

In haste, I /warp back to spawn. However, the beast within the railway system still remains.... I also saw a skeleton while on the Green Line!

Screendump time! This is my Flatlands project which I have been working on for months and it's still no where near "done", I don't think it every will be as I keep expanding...

Looks nice, especially with that texture pack.

I usually lurk and play on the smogon PO server, but I have minecraft and I was interested in getting on the whitelist. Is there anything special I need to do, like have a certain postcount or something?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)