3v3 at the Hockey Rink! Xaqwais vs Cartoons!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then I'll switch off too! Sorry bout that folks. Back to Reginarate.

Let's Thunderbolt him, follow up with another Recover, and back to efficient attacks with Thunderbolt!

Thunderbolt - Recover - Thunderbolt

Now why didn't I think you would do that....?

Lunchbox, Thunderbolts don't scare you! Really...just...just pretend.

The presence of melted waters and a heated atmosphere should make whipping up a Rain Dance for good luck a breeze, right?! Then Roost off the searing pain and smack it silly with a Hurricane!

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Orby
HP: 21
Energy:
Boosts/Drops:
Others:

Silly (M)
HP: 79
Energy:
Boosts/Drops:
Others:

Sorry Cartoons!, it's in-doors aaaaand...

"Obviously weather will not be able to get in, but the air is cold."

Reginarate
HP: 65
Energy:
Boosts/Drops:
Others:

Lunchbox (F)
HP: 90
Energy:
Boosts/Drops:
Others:

---------------------------------------------------------

Round 7: Bad Switch

Uh-oh! Looks like when Cartons swapped to Lunchbox, Xaq went back to the old, reliable Reginarate! This could prove troublesome!

Immediately, Reginarate zaps the water bird with a flash Thunderbolt, which was unavoidable at all costs. Desperate for survival, Lunchbox attempts to do the Rain Dance, but the arena strictly says weather moves can't be used! Ouch!

Reginarate just regenerates itself into shape with a nice Recover. Now it's even more of a threat to Cartoons! Likewise, Lunchbox decides to Roost on top of a floating piece of ice to survive through this anti-sea gull arena. It's just not looking good!

Again, Reginarate conducts electricity within itself and fires off a lethal Thunderbolt onto Lunchbox, with deals huge damage to everything Lunchbox related! Gladly, Lunchbox is able to make a Hurricane in the arena with her wings and not the weather! She flaps them so hard that the "weather" in the room has become a huge Hurricane that blows out the flames, relocates all the ice into random areas, and, most of all, slams Reginarate into a wall, confused! Confused? That's for 3 actions!

CALCS

Reginarate
A1: Thunderbolt > 10 + (0) x 2.25 = 22.5 ~ [23 Damage/7 Energy]
A2: Recover > +20 HP [11 Energy]
A3: Thunderbolt > 10 + (0) x 2.25 = 22.5 ~ [23 Damage/7 Energy]

Lunchbox
A1: Rain Dance > fail :(
A2: Roost > +20 HP [11 Energy]
A3: Hurricane > 12 + 3 + (0) = [15 Damage/7 Energy]

Reginarate
HP: 70
Energy:
Boosts/Drops:
Others:
Confused (3 more actions)

Lunchbox (F)
HP: 64
Energy:
Boosts/Drops:
Others:

poor cartoons!

Cartoons!'s orders!

@roost, it shouldn't imo. it's that action that roost is used on that the effect should happen, just like in-game.

This is why we should all be in support of literacy campaigns :(

(does the loss of the Flying type from the last action of Roost not carry over to the next action also?)

Anyhowzit. Fly on up outside of Staryu's range and just hang out and see what it does.

If Regina tries to chill, swoop for the attack and follow up with a buncha Air Slashes.

If it somehow finds a way to make it up to you, smack it down with a Wing Attack and then combo with Air Slashes.

If none of the above, hang on up there and only swoop down for the attack on the last action.

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Orby
Energy:
Boosts/Drops:
Others:

Silly (M)
Energy:
Boosts/Drops:
Others:

Reginarate
HP: 70
Energy:
Boosts/Drops:
Others:
Confused (3 more actions)

Lunchbox (F)
HP: 64
Energy:
Boosts/Drops:
Others:

Round 8: My Lunchbox? Flying? IMPOSSIBLE!

With its higher Speed, Reginarate delivers a lightning fast Thunderbolt right onto Lunchbox, which electrifies the little sea gull! Sadly, Fly was just a bit too late to make Lunchbox get out of sight but she still does anyway. Seeing how Reginarate is attempting firing star-shaped Swifts at her, Lunchbox attempts to act quickly at what to do. Gladly, it seems Reginarate hit itself in confusion somehow! What she got from her thinking here was that this was "none of the above" and thus she remains uphigh in "safety". There! Reginarate is weary and decides to chill out - it's a opening! There, Lunchbox swoops in for the attack and smacks Reginarate a new star! After the hit, Reginarate... suddenly just doesn't feel as confused as it was before.

(Thunderbolt hits because Reginarate is naturally faster.)

CALCS

Reginarate
A2: Hit self > 4 - (1.5) = 2.5 ~ [3 Damage/3 Energy]
A3: Chill > [+12 Energy]

Lunchbox
A1: Fly > [5 Energy]
A2: Keep Flying > [3 Energy]
A3: Strike > 9 + 3 - (1.5) = 10.5 ~ [11 Damage/5 Energy]

Reginarate
HP: 56
Energy:
Boosts/Drops:
Others:

Lunchbox (F)
HP: 41
Energy:
Boosts/Drops:
Others:

Xaqwais's orders!

BACK TO THE GRIND!

Thunderbolt for great justice, chill after the justice is served, and Thunderbolt if he's within reach! If not, you'll wanna Swift!

Thunderbolt - Chill - Thunderbolt (if within range)/Swift (if otherwise)

OuCHIE!

Meet his Thunderbolt with a swift Air Slash to the teeth. Now whip up a mighty...oh...intermission? Okay, why don't you Roost up a bit as we prepare for the next act.

we back on?

okay! Take the bullet and insert your mighty coin for 'spin cycle'!..Hurricane that is...

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!

Orby
Energy:
Boosts/Drops:
Others:

Silly (M)
Energy:
Boosts/Drops:
Others:

Reginarate
HP: 56
Energy:
Boosts/Drops:
Others:

Lunchbox (F)
HP: 41
Energy:
Boosts/Drops:
Others:

Round 9: Ringing and Repeating

[Okay, I've been slowing down and I'm pretty tired atm so I'll just lay it out.]

- Reginarate strikes Lunchbox with a Thunderbolt :( but no paralysis!
- Lunchbox slices Reginarate with a clean Air Slash
- Reginarate chills to recover back some energy
- Lunchbox Roosts on some iceblock for some HP
- Reginarate strikes Lunchbox with another Thunderbolt, no paralysis or anything like that.
- Lunchbox creates a Hurricane that hits but nothing else

CALCS

Reginarate
A2: Chill > [+12 Energy]
A3: Thunderbolt > 10 + (0) x 2.25 = 22.5 ~ [23 Damage/7 Energy]

Lunchbox
A1: Air Slash > 8 + 3 + (0) = [11 Damage/5 Energy]
A2: Roost > +20 HP [11 Energy]
A3: Hurricane > 12 + 3 + (0) = [15 Damage/7 Energy]

Reginarate
HP: 30
Energy:
Boosts/Drops:
Others:

Lunchbox (F)
HP: 15
Energy:
Boosts/Drops:
Others:

Cartoons!'s orders!

Looks like my hands are tied.

Lunchy, if the Staryu attempts to KyouO, strike first with a Quick Attack (preferably a critical hit (preferably a 1HKO)). If it attempts to chill out or Recover or anything, your goal is to Air Slash.

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!

Orby
Energy:
Boosts/Drops:
Others:

Silly (M)
Energy:
Boosts/Drops:
Others:

Reginarate
HP: 30
Energy:
Boosts/Drops:
Others:

Lunchbox (F)
HP: 15
Energy:
Boosts/Drops:
Others:

Round 10: Her Last Stand

Noticing her defeat, Lunchbox quickly lunges at Reginarate and gives it a whammy attack! Reginarate just stands strong as if the attack was nothing more than air! (218/1000 critroll, <=63/1000 needed.) It then collects the electrical particles of the air and creates a swift Thunderbolt that electrifies the poor Lunchbox until she's no more than a fried chicken... err seagull.

CALCS

Reginarate

Lunchbox
A1: QA > 4 - (1.5) = 2.5 ~ [3 Damage/3 Energy]

Reginarate
HP: 26
Energy:
Boosts/Drops:
Others:

Lunchbox (F)
HP: owie :(
Energy:
Boosts/Drops:
Others:

K, it looks like we just got an Orby! SO GO!

Xaqwais's orders!

Okay, again sorry for this super prolonged battle, but let's get it on!

Let's do work while we can! Hydro Pump - Scald - Hydro Pump!

As we pass into the autumn, it grieves me to ask so much of you. Orby, would you let me Thunder for you? I know it cannot be...

But what if it misses? I cannot bear the consequences. Let it Thunder again in everybody's ears. Let the world know, Orby, not that you tried, but that you were loved.

What's this? Were the very stars themselves struck by lightning? Did you shake the heavens for me, Orby? You stand in Spark contrast to the timid Voltorb I once knew.

Though the cruel war rages, I know, Orby, you have to fight. I will be with you, as your morning passes to night.

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!

Silly (M)
Energy:
Boosts/Drops:
Others:

Reginarate
HP: 26
Energy:
Boosts/Drops:
Others:

Orby
Energy:
Boosts/Drops:
Others:

Round 11: One Shock - Two Shocks - But NO Three Shocks?!?

With Lunchbox out of the ring, it's up to Orby to try to clean things up! Orby immediately creates a Thunder from in itself and raises it into the air. It then immediately strikes Reginarate with amazing force. Sadly, there are no paralysis marks remaining on the starfish as it prepares a Hydro Pump. Due to Orby's roundness, it looks like the move totally missed it!

Lucky to keep its current HP and being able to hit, Orby launches another Thunder attack that, with Lady's Luck, hits Reginarate like an ace! This does Reginarate in as it wobbles and backflops, crashing into the water in a faint!

CALCS

Reginarate
A1: Hydro Miss

Orby
A1: Thunder > 12 + 3 + (1.5) x 1.5 = 24.75 ~ 25 damage/7 energy
A2: Thunder > 12 + 3 + (1.5) x 1.5 = 24.75 ~ 25 damage/11 energy

Reginarate
HP: bzzz
Energy:
Boosts/Drops:
Others:

Orby
Energy:
Boosts/Drops:
Others:

Silly is very silly!

Cartoons!'s orders!

I dunno what it was about this battle, but I always seem to forget about it! Apologies!

Dragon Claw on your first chance! Follow up with a Double Edge, and if necessary Dragon Claw again!

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!

Silly (M)
Energy:
Boosts/Drops:
Others:

Orby
Energy:
Boosts/Drops:
Others:

Round 12: A Shocking Finish!

As Xaqwais returns Reginarate back to his PokeBall, a mysterious smile filled with victory can be seen. He already has anticipated the future.

From his other PokeBall comes the somewhat battle-worn Silly, who's definitely in better condition than the super battle-worn Orby! Orby fights off the fact that it's about to faint and fires off its last Thunder that strikes Silly with devilish concentrations of electricity. After the shocking blow, Orby just kinda... closes its eyes and rolls over... into the waters! What happened? It must have ran out of energy!

Silly, being the silly Bagon he is, just laughs out loud at Orby's silliness. The remaining electrical particles may have a lasting effect on Silly at the moment, but that doesn't mean he can't enjoy this well-earned victory over the legendary Cartoons!!!!!

CALCS

Silly
A1: Sat there watching

Orby
A1: Thunder > 12 + 3 + (1.5) x .67 = 11 damage/15 energy (+4 energy penalty carries over rounds)

Silly (M)
HP: 68
Energy:
Boosts/Drops:
Others:

Orby
HP: *huff* *puff*
Energy:
Boosts/Drops:
Others:

gg peeps! staryu sostrong A_A

Rewards
Xaqwais > 2 Trainer Counters
- Brady > 1 EC | 2 MCs | 1 DC
- Reginarate > 2 KOCs | 1 EC | 2 MCs | 1 DC
- Silly > 1 KOC | 1 EC | 2 MCs | 1 DC
Cartoons > 2 Trainer Counters
- Lunchbox > 1 EC | 2 MCs | 1 DC
- Erupto > 1 KOC | 1 EC | 2 MCs | 1 DC
- Orby > 1 KOC | 1 EC | 2 MCs | 1 DC
Flora > 6 Ref Tokens

GG cartons, great reffing Flora. I again apologize for all the delays I unnecessarily put into this game.

Regina doin' work.

Thanks for reffing for us, Flora.

And good match, Xaq. I really thought I had this what with all the type advantages I was packing, but you pulled some smart switches and didn't waste a turn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)