Scrafty

ugh. well that's a major drag, i don't even know how i would go about doing that.
Double battles. Have your own guys use the move.

I've used DD scrafty to moderate success in the past.

Scrafty @ Leftovers
4HP/252Atk/252Spe
Jolly
Dragon Dance
Crunch
Hi Jump Kick
Drain Punch/Ice Punch

I used both HJK and Drain Punch to give it the option between power and reliability/healing for when it needs it, and it gets near-perfect neutral coverage off of Dark/Fighting. However, I can see ice punch being necessary to get through Acrobatics Gliscors. The EV's can probably be done better, the point is that running double fighting moves can have its merits.

I already asked this in the SQ/A thread, but I figured I could use as much feedback as possible.

I am trying to run Scrafty in a Flat Battle (3v3 lv 50 setting online), but I'm not sure which set would be most effective. I have seen Bulk Up Scrafty used more than the DD Scrafty, but I feel if you're going to have a Bulk Up user in 3v3, you might as well use Guts Conkeldurr.

That said, I feel as if Shed Skin DD Scrafty would be the best for 3v3; it can take random status moves like a pro, outspeed base 110's after one Dragon Dance, hits pretty hard with awesome coverage, and takes hits very well with his 115/115 defenses. I need to know what set I should use before I begin EV training and what not, so any more advice is much appreciated!

Question: Can a max HP/SpDef Scrafty (+SpDef nature) take a hit from a max SpAtk Hydreigon's Focus Blast? The match-up seems like it could go either way, especially is Scrafty has a Bulk Up/DD or two up first.

I love this pokemon as you can tell by my name lol awesome bulk and decent attack along with the capability of leaning the punches including drain punch and dragon dance however i learned my bulk up instead of dd just cus even with dd up He's still slower then most pokemon but with bulk up you get that nice defence boost then i run drain punch along with ice punch to get rid of dragons then rest to go with my shedskin

can potentially rape everything in the ass mercilessly.
Face it, Zuruzukin will fck your shit. Backwards.
Zuruzukin will steal your wife, rape your child, and then fuck your shit. Backwards. >:3
Ha ha ha, dude that is so funny! How about ha ha ha someone raping you in the ass? See how you like it! Ha ha ha! :}

12 turn sweep

Face it, Zuruzukin will fck your shit. Backwards.

Zuruzukin will steal your wife, rape your child, and then fuck your shit. Backwards. >:3
Yep. I mean i easily swept my opponent. (Ps, if anybody can help and show me how to do spoilers on this site if possible. If so I'll do that to the warstory. (Please just PM me)

WindWolf777 sent out Gangstah !! (Scrafty)
aeroblader1 sent out Drapion!

Start of turn 1
The foe's Drapion used Toxic Spikes!
Poison spikes were scattered all around the feet of WindWolf777's team!

Gangstah ! used Dragon Dance!
Gangstah !'s Attack rose!
Gangstah !'s Speed rose!

Start of turn 2
The foe's Drapion used Aqua Tail!
Gangstah ! lost 64 HP! (21% of its health)

Gangstah !'s Speed rose!

Gangstah ! restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 3
Gangstah !'s Speed rose!

The foe's Drapion used Toxic Spikes!
Poison spikes were scattered all around the feet of WindWolf777's team!

Start of turn 4
aeroblader1 called Drapion back!
aeroblader1 sent out Heracross!

Gangstah !'s Speed rose!

The foe's Heracross's Flame Orb activated!
The foe's Heracross was burned!

Start of turn 5
Gangstah ! used Ice Punch!
The foe's Heracross lost 88% of its health!

The foe's Heracross used Megahorn!
The attack of the foe's Heracross missed!

The foe's Heracross is hurt by its burn!
The foe's Heracross fainted!
aeroblader1 sent out Arcanine!

Start of turn 6
Gangstah ! used Drain Punch!
The foe's Arcanine lost 100% of its health!
The foe's Arcanine fainted!
The foe's Arcanine had its energy drained!

Start of turn 7
Gangstah !'s Speed rose!

The foe's Drapion used Ice Fang!
Gangstah ! lost 54 HP! (17% of its health)
Gangstah ! was frozen solid!

Gangstah !'s Shed Skin heals its status!

Start of turn 8
aeroblader1 called Drapion back!
aeroblader1 sent out Jellicent!

It had no effect!

Start of turn 9
Gangstah ! used Crunch!
It's super effective!
The foe's Jellicent lost 100% of its health!
The foe's Jellicent fainted!

WindWolf777: sweep ?
aeroblader1 sent out Dragonite!

Start of turn 10
Gangstah ! used Ice Punch!
It's super effective!
The foe's Dragonite lost 100% of its health!
The foe's Dragonite fainted!

Start of turn 11
aeroblader1: yah sweepme
The foe's Drapion lost 100% of its health!
The foe's Drapion fainted!
The foe's Drapion had its energy drained!

WindWolf777: GG
aeroblader1: sweep me
aeroblader1 sent out Celebi!

WindWolf777: SORRY. Hes a beast =p

Start of turn 12
Gangstah ! used Crunch!
It's super effective!

This also shows how useful SS is however, it would have been better had it not been a sweep because this may have been the 1 out of 1000 matches where Moxie would have been an amazing and hilarious overkill.

BurningMan

fueled by beer
@above
every pokemon can sweep a whole team if it gets that many free set-up turns. Your opponent was simply bad (Aquatail on Drapion using megahorn instead of close combat) and the battle isn't worth a warstory, because there was no thought inside you simply boosted up and swept a bad player with a bad team.

DD Scrafty is pretty good. I used an all out offensive one with LO and HJK, Crunch and Ice Punch with Shed Skin. The only problem is that it REALLY needs that turn of set up otherwise it's pretty worthless, but it can do work against some of the more popular walls. I found it had problems against Gyarados and Jirachi, as well as strong priority

@above
every pokemon can sweep a whole team if it gets that many free set-up turns. Your opponent was simply bad (Aquatail on Drapion using megahorn instead of close combat) and the battle isn't worth a warstory, because there was no thought inside you simply boosted up and swept a bad player with a bad team.
You misunderstood my intentions however. This in no way was meant to be a warstory. This was just meant to show the power of scrafty. Im sorry though and i know that it wasnt a worthy warstory. Again, just an example

You misunderstood my intentions however. This in no way was meant to be a warstory. This was just meant to show the power of scrafty. Im sorry though and i know that it wasnt a worthy warstory. Again, just an example
Next time, show the power of Whiscash...or rather, use Whiscash as an example of how almost any Pokemon can sweep with several free turns of setup.

I got swept by a Scrafty today (not yours, hehe). It was embarrassing >.>

I have no idea how to counter it on my Hail team, the only Flying and Fighting moves I have on anyone is Brave Bird and Superpower on my Honchkrow, and he's pretty squishy.

^Smeargle, bro.

I just caught mons with those 3 moves (DD,DP, and IP). Then, I went into double/triple battles with them and had smeargle sketch them.

I got swept by a Scrafty today (not yours, hehe). It was embarrassing >.>

I have no idea how to counter it on my Hail team, the only Flying and Fighting moves I have on anyone is Brave Bird and Superpower on my Honchkrow, and he's pretty squishy.
Gyarados. The intimidate and he's not weak to any of Scrafty's usual moves

I've swept before with Seaking...

Anyways, for me, Scrafty has always sucked too bad. Never worth the slot no matter what set I used.

I've swept before with Seaking...

Anyways, for me, Scrafty has always sucked too bad. Never worth the slot no matter what set I used.
Guess you haven't used him very well. Not that it really cements that Scrafty is awesome, but he's 37 on the OU Rated list.

DD Set is fricken awesome.

Raj

CAP Playtesting Expert
I've been going on the OU ladder with Scrafty and no other Pokemon. I'm using Jolly Life Orb Dragon Dance with Moxie. Surprisingly, I've won 5 games out of about 20. 4 were forfeits, but I've got a log of a 6-0 sweep from the guy that didn't forfeit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)