Flareon's Rage.

A Battle between bluemon and the opponentstarted!

Tier: Wifi
Rule: Unrated
Rule: Sleep Clause
Rule: Freeze Clause
Rule: Self-KO Clause
First of all, Let me talk about my team. This is an OU version of a UU team I made a while ago. The core defense partners of Chansey-Tangrowth-Slowbro just RAPED UU, so I decided to move this up a notch intp OU. As you can see from my team, there are NO 5th generation pokemon. The highly used Ferrothorn? Not here. Tangrowth took his spot. The bulky water jellicent? No way. Tentacruel and Slowbro rapes its jelly. Although they are all pokeon from previous gen, I am using them with the new stuff they got this gen. I am going to explain further about my team:

Metagross: The lead, and utility physical attacker. I considered many attackers for this role, but metagross is surely the best fit for the role. It is almost always the lead, and serves as sort of an anti-lead. People expect stealth rock, but I just attack straight away, and can decimate almost every lead. This guy has the new air ballon, a super nice gift from 5th gen.

Chansey: The special wall. You guys know what this thing got. Eviolite. Now with superior bulk than blissey, this thing is broken in UU. (that’s why im playing OU with my UU team with some new OU pokemon) This guy is the cleric and the status spreader.

Tentacruel: The best pokemon ever. This guy is a utility pokemon capable of doing anything. He sets up toxic spikes up for me, which is crucial in stalling out attackers with my core walls (tangrowth and slowbro). He also rapid spins, and can beat EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THE GHOSTS. Jellicent? No problem. Jellicent 20HKO’s with shadow ball, and I can acid spray the other jelly to DEATH. This thing got acid spray in 5th gen. He can take down the jellicent-ferrothorn walls because of his unique ability that kills ferrothorn’s leech seed.

Tangrowth & Slowbro: The best defense cores ever. Just switching between these two pokemon can stall out EVERYTHING because of Regenerator. No explanation necessary. They are my check to any physical attacker bar heracross. (can 2HKO both of us).

Flareon: YES. You read that right. Flareon. Flareon. Flareon. I don’t have to say anything about THIS guy other than the fact that he is a sweeper. He also has rock smash as his coverage move. That’s all im telling you. You’ll see his powers….. hehe
The Opponents Team:

So I take a look at his team, and I don’t see anything special. No weather, no heracross, so its all good. I’ll just start off with my usual lead. I also notice that he doesn’t have any rapid spinners or any posion types, which is good news for my tentacruel and his spikes of poison.

bluemon sent out Metagross!
The opponent sent out Heatran!
Heatran is floating on a balloon!
Bluemon’s Metagross is floating on a balloon!
(100) vs
(100)

Hmmm…. Heatran. With ballon. We are all floating aren’t we.
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/508/balloonf.jpg/

I will switch to my tentacruel, take the incoming fire blast, and set up toxic spikes. I will have them on the field ASAP.

Start of turn 1
bluemon called Metagross back!
bluemon sent out Tentacruel!

The opponent’s Heatran used Fire Blast!
It's not very effective...
Bluemon’s Tentacruel lost 19% of its health!

Bluemon’s Tentacruel restored a little HP using its Black Sludge!
(100)
(87) vs
(100)
Oh, Tentacruel, you beast. The jellyfish takes the fire blast like a champ. I think he is either going to switch into something that can take a water move, or use earth power. An earth power does less than half to my tentacruel, so I will just keep on toxic spiking.
Start of turn 2
The opponent called Heatran back!
The opponent sent out Blissey!

Bluemon’s Tentacruel used Toxic Spikes!
Poison spikes were scattered all around the feet of The opponent's team!

(93) vs
(100)
(100)
He is afraid of the water move, and decides to switch into his special wall. Blissey isn’t going to be that great this match because she is greatly hindered by toxic spikes on the field, unless she carries aromatherapy. I am glad she switched out to blissy, since I get free leftover recovery and a free layer of toxic spikes.

Start of turn 3
The opponent called Blissey back!
The opponent sent out Rotom-W!

Bluemon’s Tentacruel used Toxic Spikes!
Poison spikes were scattered all around the feet of The opponent's team!

(99) vs
(100)
(100)
My two layers of toxic spikes is COMPLETE. I see that the opponent has switched into his Rotom-W. This pokemon isn’t really a problem for the team unless it carries SPECS. The one sure thing that can take the obvious thunderbolt is my chansey. Go tank that shot, chansey.

Start of turn 4
bluemon called Tentacruel back!
bluemon sent out Chansey!

The opponent’s Rotom-W used Thunderbolt!
Bluemon’s Chansey lost 10% of its health!
Bluemon’s Chansey is paralyzed! It may be unable to move!
(99)
(90) vs
(100)
Wow. It takes 10 percent. What a beast. The hax was really unnecessary, and I think this is a bulky set since the damage output is so low. I think he is going to switch to either Blissey or his ferrothorn. If he switched to his blissey, I wouldn’t be able to do anything to him except seismic toss, and he wouldn’t be able to do anything to me. In this case, I would be safe switching into metagross, my physical attacker. If he switched to ferrothorrn, I could still send out metagross, bait leech seed or some entry hazards, and then switch into tentacruel, which can deplete ferrothrn’s energy via liquid ooze and spin away rocks and spikes. Metagross it is.

Start of turn 5
The opponent called Rotom-W back!
Blissey was poisoned!

bluemon called Chansey back!

Blissey is hurt by poison!
(90)
(100) vs
(100)
(94)
Perfect Prediction. I can now force blissey out with my 150 BP Meteor Smash. At this point I do not what comes into take the meteor mash since I will either 1) get rid of heatran’s ballon or 2) bait ferrothorn’s leech seed and then move to tentacruel. So I move onto attacking with meteor mash.

Start of turn 6

The opponent’s Heatran is floating on a balloon!
Bluemon’s Metagross used Meteor Mash!
The opponent’s Heatran lost 45 HP! (13% of its health)
The opponent’s Heatran's Air Balloon popped!
(100) vs
(94)
(87)

Not so ballsy with your ballon gone, are you heatran? Well, in this turn I manage to get his ballon off of him, making him vulnerable to my metagross’s EQ. I know he is going to go for a fire blast next, and I have three choices: tentacruel, slowbro and chansey. Chansey isn’t a great choice because she cannot do anything, while the other two threaten heatran with a SE water move. I will go to my slowbro because tentacruel is pretty low on health.

Start of turn 7
bluemon sent out Slowbro!

Bluemon’s Slowbro lost 29% of its health!

Bluemon’s Slowbro restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
(100)
(77) vs
(87)
That did more than I expected. Oh well, that’s what I get for only investing in defense. I do not think he is going to switch in, and I suspect that he is either going to switch into his ferrothoen, or his rotom-w (more likely) to OHKO me with thunderbolt. I decide to use thunderwave because any pokemon switching into slowbro will be either levitating or will be steel types.

Start of turn 8

Bluemon’s Slowbro used Thunder Wave!
Rotom-W is paralyzed! It may be unable to move!

(83) vs
(87)
(100)
Another correct prediction. Bam. Now that it is paralysized, I decide to stall until parahax kicks in. I think I can survive a bulky rotom’s thunderbolt, so I use psychic to weaken the rotom. This wasn’t that great of a move, but as long as I survive, hey, free 33% health.

Start of turn 9
Bluemon’s Slowbro used Psychic!
The opponent’s Rotom-W lost 87 HP! (28% of its health)

Rotom-W used Thunderbolt!
It's super effective!
Bluemon’s Slowbro lost 69% of its health!

The opponent’s Rotom-W restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
(20) vs
(78)
Not bad. I still took a lot from thunderbolt, but I can regenerate off the health. I am glad I weakened rotom, since it will be helpful with the sweep of…. May I say it?.... flareon. HAHAHA. You are laughing now, but watch it be the MVP. (foreshadowing) lol. So I predict that he is going to go for another thunderbolt, so I switch to chansey.

Start of turn 10
bluemon called Slowbro back!

The opponent’s Rotom-W is paralyzed! It can't move!

(20+33 regen)
(90) vs
(84)
Well, well, parahax strikes. I am going to go for an attack move since I really don’t see any better options right now. Seismic toss, free 100 hp off. Go.
Start of turn 11
Bluemon’s Chansey used Seismic Toss!
The opponent’s Rotom-W lost 100 HP! (32% of its health)

The opponent’s Rotom-W used Pain Split!
The battlers shared their pain!
(55)
(100)
Oomph. Pain split hurt like an ass. Rotom gained back precious health while I am down to half health. At this point, I am thinking about softboiling, but that is pointless since only terakion can do real damage here. I have to look at it from his point of view. He has the option to stay in and attack (which isn’t going to do much) so he will likely switch to something LIKE terakion. Or terakion himself. So I decide to switch to slowbro, which can wall terakion ALL DAY and ALL WEEK, and also can regenerate some more health on the way.
Start of turn 12

(55)
(59) vs
(100)
(87)
Heatran is really a weird choice. But he can 2hko me with earth power, or hidden power grass (which he might have), so I am going to switch out, regenerate some health, and switch to my metagross, which can take both earth power (im floating lol) and hidden power grass.
Start of turn 13

(59+33 regen)
(100) vs
(87)
(100)
Another double switch. This time, I am not at a great position. I am guessing he feared a water move from my slowbro and switched to his water resist. All my attacks from metagross will do literally nothing to rotom, so I am going to switch to chansey.

Start of turn 14

(100)
(55) vs
(100)
Well that turn was not productive at all. I think its either going to attack or switch, with on both cases will do nothing. Free softboiled? I think so.
Start of turn 15
Bluemon’s Chansey used Softboiled!
Bluemon’s Chansey regained health!

(100) vs
(100)
Another free turn. I am starting to feel bad about these parahaxes. I think my opponent is pretty frustrated, so I think he is going to either switch to his terakion, or gliscor. In both situations, I think tentacruel can handle it pretty well. I can also switch to slowbro, but my opponent can overpredict me and switch to heatran, which tentacruel walls. So tenty it is.

Start of turn 16

The opponent’s Rotom-W used Thunderbolt!
It's super effective!
Bluemon’s Tentacruel lost 47% of its health!

(100)
(58) vs
(100)
That was a bad switch on my part, but tentacruel took less than half from a STAB supereffective hit, and I love him for it. I can take another acid spary, and tentacruel did his job as a toxic spike set upper, so I am going to sacrifice him and use acid spary to SEVERLY weaken the rotom.

Start of turn 17
Bluemon’s Tentacruel used Acid Spray!
The opponent’s Rotom-W lost 33 HP! (10% of its health)
The opponent’s Rotom-W's Sp. Def. sharply fell!

(66) vs
(90)
Another parahax. It is a natural part of being paralyzed so whatever. Not that big of a hax. I manage to get his special defense halved, and I can do some major damage next turn. So I am going to go for another acid spray. Which will be great…
Start of turn 18
The opponent sent out Ferrothorn!

It had no effect!

(72) vs
(90)
(100)
Which will be great unless, he switches to a steel type. But ferrothorn isn’t much of a problem. I can spam scald to burn him, I wall him because leech seed is detrimental, and I spin away everything he sets up. Tentacruel is a weed killer. hehe
Start of turn 19
Bluemon’s Tentacruel used Scald!
The opponent’s Ferrothorn lost 27 HP! (7% of its health)

The opponent’s Ferrothorn used Stealth Rock!
Pointed stones float in the air around bluemon’s team!

The opponent’s Ferrothorn restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
(78) vs
(99)
No burn this turn, and he gets up stealth rock. No big deal. I will spam until I get the burn, and then rapid spin the rocks away. I don’t think hes going to switch since I can kill heatran with scald, and stall with blissey and rotom.

Start of turn 20
The opponent’s Ferrothorn lost 27 HP! (7% of its health)
The opponent’s Ferrothorn was burned!

The opponent’s Ferrothorn used Power Whip!
Bluemon’s Tentacruel lost 22% of its health!

The opponent’s Ferrothorn is hurt by its burn!
(62) vs
(85)
And ferrothorn is burned. Now that my opponent sees the low damage output, he is sure to switch. I am sure the opponent doesn’t have a ghost, so I can safely rapid spin my way and get rid of stealth rock.
Start of turn 21
The opponent called Ferrothorn back!
The opponent sent out Gliscor!

Bluemon’s Tentacruel used Rapid Spin!
The opponent’s Gliscor lost 8 HP! (2% of its health)
Bluemon’s Tentacruel blew away Stealth Rock!

The opponent’s Gliscor's Toxic Orb activated!
The opponent’s Gliscor was poisoned!
(68) vs
(85)
(98)
Gliscor, Gliscor, Gliscor. The Skarmory of 5th…4th gen. This thing is no problem for me because my tangrowth walls ANY set. SD? Covered. Fling? Gotta aromatherapy, but got it. (slowbro also does a good job) lately ive seen ones with ice fangs. But whatever. I switch to my tangrowth. But before that, I want to get some damage done on this thing before I sacrifice my tentacruel. I will outspeed the gliscor, and I will leave a huge dent.

Start of turn 22
The opponent’s Gliscor used Protect!
The opponent’s Gliscor protected itself!

The opponent’s Gliscor restored HP using its Poison Heal!
(74) vs
(100)
And he decides to protect. No surprises there. Now I am going to switch to my tangrowth so I can wall him.
Start of turn 23
bluemon sent out Tangrowth!

The opponent’s Gliscor used Earthquake!
Bluemon’s Tangrowth lost 9% of its health!

Bluemon’s Tangrowth restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
(74)
(97) vs
(100)
Ohmygosh. 9 percent. This is why grass types are the best. Tangrowth in UU is way too broken. Now I predict he will either switch, protect, or swords dance. Leech seed will be great in all three cases, since he has no grass types, and a switch-in to a leech seed will get their life SUCKED.
Start of turn 24
The opponent’s Gliscor used Swords Dance!
The opponent’s Gliscor's Attack sharply rose!

Bluemon’s Tangrowth used Leech Seed!
The opponent’s Gliscor was seeded!

The opponent’s Gliscor's health is sapped by leech seed.
(100) vs
(100)
And he uses swords dance. This is probably a gliscor without acrobatics, which is good news for me becacuse I can take on ice fang a lot easier. I predict another swords dance, and so I will go for a substitute to subseed to death

Start of turn 25
The opponent’s Gliscor used Ice Fang!
It's super effective!
Bluemon’s Tangrowth lost 28% of its health!

Bluemon’s Tangrowth used Substitute!
Bluemon’s Tangrowth made a substitute!

(63) vs
(100)
And he attacks. That’s okay though because a +2 ice fang did only about a quarter. Bad news is that it is going to break my substitutes.. I have a substitute up now, so I go for an attack so that I could dwindle his health down.

Start of turn 26
The opponent’s Gliscor used Swords Dance!
The opponent’s Gliscor's Attack sharply rose!

Bluemon’s Tangrowth used Power Whip!
The opponent’s Gliscor lost 93 HP! (26% of its health)

(80) vs
(73)
And he swords dances, believing he can stall me out with his posion heal. I think he is realizing that he is low on health, so I anticipate an attack. Sub? Yes.

Start of turn 27
It's super effective!
Bluemon’s Tangrowth's substitute faded!

(72) vs
(73)
BAM. Perfect prediction. Now I am behind a sub again. I think he will attack again, so sub.
Start of turn 28
It's super effective!

(64) vs
(73)
BAM. I am low on health, but I am keeping gliscor in check. I will continue with my subs so that I can threaten him.

Start of turn 29
It's super effective!

(56) vs
(73)
Same story as previous. However, this time, I see that there is no progress being made, so I will get rid of my doll, and power whip him.

Start of turn 30
It's super effective!

Gliscor lost 84 HP! (23% of its health)

(73) vs
(49)
He is below half health, and i will go for another attack.

Start of turn 31
It's super effective!
Bluemon’s Tangrowth lost 44% of its health!

Gliscor lost 97 HP! (27% of its health)

(46) vs
(22)
At this point, I am at 46% health, and a MAX ice fang does 45. So he cannot KO me. A power whip, however, does min 22%, which means I can live his ice fang, and KO for the kill. I think my opponent realizes that, and so I suspect a switch to a grass resists, and in this case, I predict a heatran switch in, since he can OHKO me with fire blast. The heatran isn’t affected by toxic spikes, which leaves it vulnerable to status, i.e. my sleep powder.
Start of turn 32
The opponent called Gliscor back!

Bluemon’s Tangrowth used Sleep Powder!
But it failed!

(52) vs
(22)
(78)
Or, he could go for the other x4 grass resists aka ferrothorn. I know its going to go for an attack, so I will go to my steel resist, slowbro.
Start of turn 33
bluemon called Tangrowth back!

The opponent’s Ferrothorn used Gyro Ball!
Bluemon’s Slowbro lost 1% of its health!

(52 + 33 regen)
(92) vs
(71)
1% damage. Even a chansey using tackle on a steelix will do more. Jokes aside, my slowbro took the attack like a champ. Im going to stay in and start draining the ferrothorn’s health. Im guessing he is either go for an attack (power whip is like a 4hko, or leech seed) I think he will play carefully and go for an attack because he is fearful of my tentacruel ruining his leeching.
Start of turn 34
Bluemon’s Slowbro used Scald!
The opponent’s Ferrothorn lost 30 HP! (8% of its health)

The opponent’s Ferrothorn used Power Whip!
It's super effective!
Bluemon’s Slowbro lost 23% of its health!

(76) vs
(55)
Although Scald didn’t do anything, I now have an idea of his strategy. He was hesitant to use leech seed berfore, feering liquid ooze from tentacruel, but he will realize that I will stay in and use leech seed. This is the perfect opportunity for me to switch in tentacruel.
Start of turn 35

The opponent’s Ferrothorn used Leech Seed!
Bluemon’s Tentacruel was seeded!

Bluemon’s Tentacruel's health is sapped by leech seed.
The opponent’s Ferrothorn is hurt by bluemon’s Tentacruel's Liquid Ooze!
(76 + 33 regen)
(67) vs
(35)
BAM. How does it feel to get your OWN health sucked, iron ball of weed? I predicted correctly with the leech seed from ferrothorn, and now I am just draining his energy. I can KO him next turn if I attack, so I will go for scald. Any switch ins would not be detrimental, as blissey is just a set up fodder and terrakion does not like a burning water STAB.
Start of turn 36
The opponent called Ferrothorn back!
The opponent’s Blissey was poisoned!

The opponent’s Blissey lost 61 HP! (8% of its health)

Bluemon’s Tentacruel's health is sapped by leech seed.
The opponent’s Blissey is hurt by bluemon’s Tentacruel's Liquid Ooze!
The opponent’s Blissey restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
The opponent’s Blissey is hurt by poison!
(60) vs
(35)
(94)
Blissey is not a huge deal to the team since my tangrowth walls it with 101 hp substitutes and leech seed. It is still taking liquid ooze damage, canceling out leftovers, while my tentacruel is getting low on health. I will need my tenty for later since I might have to rapid spin rocks for my sweeper: flareon. At this point, tangrowth is my best answer.

Start of turn 37

The opponent sent out Terrakion!
The opponent’s Terrakion was poisoned!

The opponent’s Terrakion is hurt by poison!
(60)
(85) vs
(100)
(94)
A wonderful double switch. Tangrowth is an answer to all of my opponents physical attackers, and as far as I know, terrakion is a physical attacker. Im weighing my options carefully. A powerwhip is probably a 2hko, (or 3) and with leech seed, I can definitely stall him out and attack at the same time. I could sleep him, but I need that for heatran. So I will just leech seed.

Start of turn 38
The opponent’s Terrakion used Swords Dance!
The opponent’s Terrakion's Attack sharply rose!

The opponent’s Terrakion was seeded!

The opponent’s Terrakion's health is sapped by leech seed.
(100) vs
(78)
A swords dance set. I have to say that this is more threatening to my team than a rock polish set. However, my tangrowth can take any non-Super effective +2 physical attacks. So I will just go for a substitute to scout the next move ( since he might go for another swords dance).

Start of turn 39
The opponent’s Terrakion used Close Combat!
Bluemon’s Tangrowth lost 69% of its health!
The opponent’s Terrakion's Defense fell!
The opponent’s Terrakion's Sp. Def. fell!

The opponent’s Terrakion's health is sapped by leech seed.
(22) vs
(51)
I managed to have just enough HP for me to make a substitute. My next obvious move is powerwhip, since I can definitely KO him now with -1 defense and 61 percent health. Power whip GO.

Start of turn 40
The opponent called Terrakion back!

The opponent’s Heatran lost 35 HP! (10% of its health)

(29) vs
(51)
(77)
And heatran comes in to ruin the fun. I can now safely sleep him because I am behind a substitute. Haha. I would like to see the dormant volcano NOW. Haha such funny puns. Not. Okay sleep powder.

Start of turn 41
The attack of Heatran missed!

The opponent’s Heatran fell asleep!

(36) vs
(77)
Sometimes a hax ruins a warstory, this is one of those moments. I want people to enjoy this warstory. SO? So I am going to use sleep powder until he breaks my substitute like he should have a long time ago (this turn)

Start of turn 42
The opponent’s Heatran is fast asleep!

The opponent’s Heatran is already asleep.

(43) vs
(77)
Not now.
Im getting free leftover recoveries, but whatever

Start of turn 43

The opponent’s Heatran is already asleep.

(50) vs
(77)
Nope.
Start of turn 44
The opponent’s Heatran woke up!
It's super effective!

The opponent’s Heatran fell asleep!

(57) vs
(77)
There we go. Heatran breaks my sub, and I sleep him again. At this point, I really want to get rid of those two offesnsive cores: Heatran and Terrakion. The only way I can do that is using slowbro to scald them to death. Slowbro seems eager to come out, too. Slowbro it is.

Start of turn 45
The opponent sent out Terrakion!

(57 + 33 regen)
(100) vs
(77)
(44)
Oh hello there. I can OHKO you with psychic and or scald. I will take virtually nothing from your physical moves. I am just going to attack right away. No over predictions.

Start of turn 46
The opponent’s Terrakion used Rock Slide!
Bluemon’s Slowbro lost 24% of its health!

Bluemon’s Slowbro flinched!

(83) vs
(23)
Flinch? Eh, I don’t mind. Extra turn of poison for him anyways. Now I will really OHKO him.
Start of turn 47
The opponent’s Terrakion used Rock Slide!
Bluemon’s Slowbro lost 25% of its health!

It's super effective!
The opponent’s Terrakion lost 64 HP! (23% of its health)
The opponent’s Terrakion fainted!

(65) vs
(0)
(100)
And he dies. 65 is a very good health amount as switching out will make it perfect health. A rotom-w. The only counter I have is tangrowth and chansey, but I am afraid of the will-o-wisp, so im going to go to chansey and seismic toss him to death. He will probably switch to his own blissey afterwards, and then, to my tangrowth, then to his heatran, and then a neverending cycle. Sigh.

Start of turn 48

The opponent’s Rotom-W used Will-O-Wisp!
Bluemon’s Chansey was burned!

Bluemon’s Chansey is hurt by its burn!
(65 + 33 regen)
(87) vs
(100)
And the will-o-wisp I predicted is used. At this point, he is running out of options to switch to, so Im thinking his hetarn or blissey. (his gliscor and ferrothorn will die from a seismis toss). No switchin threatens me, so I will just attack.

Start of turn 49

The opponent’s Heatran lost 100 HP! (30% of its health)

(73) vs
(100)
(47)
Heatran… very interesting. I will probably will attack again, because its sleeping, and I can 2hko him now.

Start of turn 50
Heatran is fast asleep!

The opponent’s Heatran lost 100 HP! (30% of its health)

(60) vs
(17)
His heatran is very threatened now, and not trying to overpredict, I will go for the obvious seismic toss.

Start of turn 51

The opponent’s Blissey lost 100 HP! (14% of its health)

(47) vs
(17)
(100)
His Blissey. I know that he can do anything to me, and I cant do anything back, so ill just heal, attack, heal, attack and repeat.
Start of turn 52
The opponent’s Blissey used Wish!

Bluemon’s Chansey used Softboiled!
Bluemon’s Chansey regained health!

(83) vs
(93)
Oh shoot. This blissey carries wish. I am afraid that this ball of egg is going to pass it off to our dear friend heatran. Heatran can kill both slowbro and tangrowth, so I am a little worried. I am going to switch to tangrowth so that I can set up sub and seed him while he is asleep. Hope he doesn’t wake up after only 1 turn…
Start of turn 53

The opponent’s Blissey's wish came true!
(83)
(97) vs
(93)
(100)
My prediction was correct, and I plan on setting up my subseeding tools to stall our heatran’s health. Gogogo.

Start of turn 54

(79) vs
(100)
This is exactly what I planned. Lets just hope he doesn’t wake up next turn. Leech seed used.
Start of turn 55

Heatran was seeded!

Heatran's health is sapped by leech seed.
(93) vs
(86)
At this point, I completed my subseed tools, and I want to be able to kill it quickly while its health is draining. The only thing that can kill it at this point is my slowbro. So im going to waste my sub and switch to my slowbro.

Start of turn 56

The opponent’s Heatran woke up!
The attack of Heatran missed!

Heatran's health is sapped by leech seed.
(93 + 33 regen)
(100) vs
(72)
He wakes up this turn, but misses his fire blast. At this point, I am sure he going to go for hp grass, hp electric, or earth power, which tangrowth will all resist. I am going to switch out to tangrowth.
DISCLAIMER: In the next few turns, I could have switched to chansey and saved my dual defense cores, but that would have made this battle a LOT longer, and its no fun to wall something to hell and back. That’s just boring, and its just asking for more hax. So, don’t criticize my decision of trying to use my two pokemon to wall this thing instead of using the fat blob of scrambled eggs. (chansey)

Start of turn 57

The opponent’s Heatran used Earth Power!
Bluemon’s Tangrowth lost 24% of its health!

The opponent’s Heatran's health is sapped by leech seed.
(100)
(91) vs
(59)
Now, i switched into the predicted earth power, which did not do much. I predict a fire blast coming, so I will go to my slowbro. (again, I could have gone to my chansey, but I wanted my flareon to sweep)

Start of turn 58

Bluemon’s Slowbro lost 31% of its health!

The opponent’s Heatran's health is sapped by leech seed.
(91 + 33 regen)
(85) vs
(45)
At this point in time, my flareon is at full health, and I just wanted to get heatran under 50% health. Now that that is accomplished, I will just sacrifice my two pokemon, and or keep on stalling out heatran’s health by switching back and forth. I predict another earth power or some hidden power, so I will switch to tangrowth.

Start of turn 59

It's super effective!
Bluemon’s Tangrowth lost 100% of its health!
Bluemon’s Tangrowth fainted!

(85 + 33 regen)
(0)
(100) vs
(45)
And he predicts the switch. Great prediction on his part. I do not mind the kill at all, since the game was super slow before this and this gives me an opportunity for my flareon to sweep. At this point, I wanna t wave him so that I could outspeed next turn, get him to KO range, heal back up, and continue to kill. So I go for the t wave
Start of turn 60

Bluemon’s Slowbro used Thunder Wave!
But it failed!

(100) vs
(45)
(93)
Which failed because of toxic spikes and blissey switching in. Great. Another wall I can’t deal with. That was a great move for him because I can’t do anything except stall toxic damage. So I am going to do EXACTLY what I can do. I will stall toxic damage with psychic, maybe getting a special defense drop somewhere.
Start of turn 61
The opponent’s Blissey used Seismic Toss!
Bluemon’s Slowbro lost 25% of its health!

The opponent’s Blissey lost 78 HP! (10% of its health)

(83) vs
77)
Nothing big this turn. I do get some valuable toxic damage done. I am going to go for another psychic, hoping to stall him out.
Start of turn 62
The opponent’s Blissey used Wish!

The opponent’s Blissey lost 78 HP! (10% of its health)

(90) vs
(54)
Another insignificant turn, except this time, he wishes, which means he wants to switch out to heatran, or go for a protect. If a heatran does switch in, I want to kill it, so I am going to go for a scald.
Start of turn 63
The opponent’s Blissey used Protect!
The opponent’s Blissey protected itself!

The opponent’s Blissey protected itself!

The opponent’s Blissey's wish came true!
(97) vs
(79)
He decides to be greedy, and protects, but toxic damage is really building up. Predict that he will go for another wish to either pass to heatran or for himself, so I will go to my metagross to either 1) meteormash kill the blissey or 2) EQ the heatran switch in after another wish.
Start of turn 64

(97 + 33 regen)
(100) vs
(79)
(45)

And he decides to go straight to heatran, and reset toxic build up. I can see a fire blast coming from a mile away, so I will switch to slowbro.
Start of turn 65

A critical hit!
Bluemon’s Slowbro lost 69% of its health!

(100)
(38) vs
(45)
And he predicted that perfectly. There was also that hax there. A crit never hurt more. Now that I am in the KO range of another earth power, I will switch to my metagross, who IS floating, still, on his balloon. Hopefully he doesn’t outpredict me, and…
Start of turn 66

It's super effective!
Bluemon’s Metagross lost 100% of its health!
Bluemon’s Metagross fainted!

(38 + 33 regen)
(0)
(74) vs
(45)
And he kills my metagross with some superb prediction, of course. That didn’t hurt that much, and that was a necessary sacrifice for my eeveelution. Now i have a stinkin jellyfish in front of him, and he cant do anything about it. I will naturally outspeed, and hopefully KO.
Start of turn 67

The opponent’s Ferrothorn lost 26 HP! (7% of its health)

(81) vs
(25)
And Here comes ferrothorn. I know that he knows that a gyroball only does 4 percent, and powerwhip just 10 percent, so its obvious he is going to either switch or go for the last move in his slot, stealth rock. Stealth rock really hurts my sweeper…. Unless I switch into it and receive no damage. Flareon, the underrated eeveelution. Go show them your stuff.

Start of turn 68
bluemon sent out Flareon!

The opponent’s Ferrothorn used Stealth Rock!
Pointed stones float in the air around bluemon’s team!

Bluemon’s Flareon's Toxic Orb activated!
Bluemon’s Flareon was poisoned!
(81)
(100) vs
(18)
And so the nightmare begins for the opponent. At this point, my opponent is CONFUSED. Why in the world would anybody use flareon. There are clearly better options: darmantian is a monster, arcanine is versatile, even emboar has its good spot. Why Flareon? Well for one thing, he got two valuable things a physical attacker wants. Guts, and flame charge. My opponent probably does not know that and is probably looking through smogon. Here is a 4th gen analysis:
Choice Scarf

Choice Scarf
Hasty

Moveset

EVs

~ Fire Blast
~ Return
~ Superpower
~ Hidden Power Grass
252 Atk / 12 SpA / 244 Spe

Although Flareon is often shunned in favor of faster Fire-types such as Magmortar and Blaziken, it can boost its offensive potential by holding a Choice Scarf to overcome its middling Speed, allowing it to outspeed all non-boosted Pokemon in the metagame bar Electrode and Swellow. Flareon's offensive stats ensure that it can tear through opposing teams, while its base 110 Special Defense stat gives Flareon much needed bulk, a trait that other Fire-types like Houndoom lack. Fire Blast is Flareon's STAB move of choice, defeating bothersome Pokemon such as Sceptile with ease. Return deals neutral damage to many UU Pokemon, while Superpower punishes Rock-types such as Rhyperior and Aggron hoping to switch into a predicted Fire Blast or Return. Hidden Power Grass rounds out the set, providing valuable coverage against difficult Pokémon like Quagsire, who would otherwise threaten Flareon easily with Toxic and Earthquake.
On this list, two things hit super effectively the current pokemon, ferrothorn. One is x4 weak fire, and one is a fighting. If my opponent predicts a fire move, he will switch into his heatran for immunity. He knows I know this, and my flareon is capable of KO ing ferrothorn with either superpower or a fire move, so he will probably leave his ferrothorn in for my attack drop. So a fire move? YES
This is if im using this standard flareon. Im not. My flareon is a 5th gen guts flareon with flame charge. I know from triple overprediction that he will stay in with his ferrothorn, so I go for the set-up / attack move, flame charge.

Start of turn 69
Bluemon’s Flareon used Flame Charge!
It's super effective!
The opponent’s Ferrothorn lost 65 HP! (18% of its health)
The opponent’s Ferrothorn fainted!
The opponent’s Ferrothorn's Iron Barbs hurts bluemon’s Flareon
Bluemon’s Flareon's Speed rose!

Bluemon’s Flareon is hurt by poison!
(88) vs
(0)
(45)
Beauriful. One pokemon down. Now this is not much of a surprise since it is a pokemon that is x 5 weak to flareon’s stab. But now comes heatran. Being a guts flareon, I have no coverage options like superpower. But you know what every crappy (and not) pokemon can learn? Return? Yes. That too. But in this case, im going to go smash some rocks. That’s right. You saw it coming.

Start of turn 70
Bluemon’s Flareon used Rock Smash!
It's super effective!
The opponent’s Heatran lost 150 HP! (46% of its health)
The opponent’s Heatran fainted!

The opponent sent out Gliscor!
(76) vs
(0)
(28)
Again. Beautiful. Heatran dying to a freaking hidden machine? I wonder whats hidden in those moves. LOL (it’s a TM now. What a shame) Okay. So now my flareon killed two pokemon. Very impressive. Now comes the Skarmory of the 5th generation. All guts pokemon must bow down against this scorpion, because he walls every single one of them. He is why every living thing carries hp ice. Well, my flareon doesn’t carry hp ice. That’s just lame. Im just going to muscle my way through its solid poisonous wings. WATCH.

Start of turn 71
The opponent’s Gliscor used Protect!

Bluemon’s Flareon used Facade!

(57) vs
(44)
And he protects like a dick. Now hes at about half health, and even a +1 conkeldurr can’t ko him.
But that’s just a clown, doing its silly stone edge shit.
This pokemon is a…. troll.
A gamefreak troll with no flare blitz. This fox can KO gliscor.
Facade. Go.
Start of turn 72
The opponent’s Gliscor lost 157 HP! (44% of its health)
The opponent’s Gliscor fainted!

(32) vs
(0)
(100)
And he Kos a gliscor with half health.
Now why is this fox in NU? Idk. With 591 attack, this thing rips through teams with ease.
This guy can beat… WEAKENED… threats with ease.
Well my flareon sweep is coming along great. Now I have Rotom left. Hopefully I can kill that one too.
Start of turn 73
The opponent’s Rotom-W lost 239 HP! (78% of its health)

(1) vs
(29)
Lives with one hp, and did over 3/4 of rotom’s health. What a beast. Flareon is really proving himself today. Now the parahax was very insignificant because my slowbro could have revenged easily. But, flareon gets to finish his 4- pokemon sweep with grace, and with posion damage.
Start of turn 74
The opponent’s Rotom-W lost 239 HP! (29% of its health)
The opponent’s Rotom-W fainted!

Bluemon’s Flareon fainted!
(0)
(71) vs
(0)
(79)
Flareon sweeps the team.
He took down four BULKY pokemon with ease, but he ended up going down to the measely toxic orb it was carrying. Flareon is the best fire type ever.
Now its me against blissey. Yea. I win.
Start of turn 75
The opponent’s Blissey lost 30 HP! (4% of its health)
The opponent’s Blissey's Sp. Def. sharply fell!

Bluemon’s Tentacruel lost 27% of its health!

Health percentage is really unimportant, as im just stallin out poison damage. Blissey cant do shit to my jellyfish.

Start of turn 76
The opponent’s Blissey lost 63 HP! (8% of its health)
The opponent’s Blissey's Sp. Def. sharply fell!

Bluemon’s Tentacruel lost 27% of its health!

The opponent’s Blissey fainted!

And that’s the game, folks. Hope you enjoyed it.
MVP

Flareon
no explanation needed. single handedly swept 4 memebers

bluemon won the battle!
bluemon: gg
The opponent: gg

A rather intriguing warstory, I'll give you that. Still, I wouldn't advise being nice to your opponent such as using the Sleep Powder repeatedly as it is unlikely your opponent has the same sentiments if (s)he got lucky. 85/100

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Loltastic warstory. Flareon is still preparing the lawsuit for 1st degree trolling against GameFreak Incorporated, and if he wins there could be a Flare Blitz tutor in the next upcoming game if GF is found guilty.

But it looks like Flareon's not doing badly without it!

I have been crushed by the wall-of-text...
9/10, Flareon is epic.

@Lolcat: I thought it was a joint lawsuit with Farfetch'd?

Damn, that was a long, walltastic warstory. I like the idea of your Regenerator core. The whole team has Pokes uncommon for OU, but were effective enough to troll the hell out of your opponent. 9/10

76 turns of pure madness... It was long, but also full of predictions and overpredictions. This warstory proved that Flareon doesn't need Flare Blitz (it would be OU with that) to shine. However,
I also notice that he doesn’t have any rapid spinners or any posion types, which is good news for my tentacruel and his spikes of poison.
is only part true, because only Terrakion (and Blissey if she stays in for too long) are vulnerable to them. And tracking the scores would be better.

Format: 9/10
Battle: 8/10
Commentary: 8/10
Overall: 9/10 (one bonus point for using Flareon)

PS: The joint lawsuit should include Luvdisc so it can gain an evolution as well.

I have been crushed by the wall-of-text...
9/10, Flareon is epic.

@Lolcat: I thought it was a joint lawsuit with Farfetch'd?
Luvdisc is fileing against trolling too.

Banette and Pinsir are also joining in, filing for discrimination [Dusclops and Scyther, respectivly].

All of that aside, I think that the warstory was good, aside from some annoying quirks in your writing style, but that's down to personal preference.

However, I didn't like the battle. Rotom-W seemed parahaxed every single time it came in [25% chance, constant parahax is not what should happen...]. I'm also not a fan of watching back-and-forth stall, but, again, that's just personal preference.

Then there was some lack of knowledge, for example, Tangrowth walling everything Glicor does? Acrobatics, a Base 110 super-effective STAB says otherwise. [Although a Poision Heal Gliscor admittedly would not carry Acrobatics... but I prefer Roost Gliscor over Poison Heal Gliscor]

Anyway, despite this not gelling with my tastes, it's still good, and, hey, another Flareon sweep!

Unfortunately, Im going to be rather serious here.

Although your battle looks quite good on paper with predictions and mindgames and cool pokemon I didnt like the battle. Firt off, the hax bugged me even though you said it didnt matter (which it probably didnt) it still turned me off. More importantly, it was fucking long! I got so bored with the switching back and forth and the battle log was the same colour, font and size as the commentary and my vision blurred as I was trying to seperate the log and the commentary because it was so long and boring. I was literally dozing off (although it is 5:00 in the morning).

On the note of your commentary (and this is probably me being a prick) I didnt like it. I mean you communicated the point and the predictions; I just didnt like hearing "What a beast and BAM!" 20 times in a row. I guess some people found it funny but I personally didnt. Also, there were just some stupid typos that bugged me; it made me feel like you werent proofreading it and therefore you werernt putting that much effort into it. But again, Im a prick.
here are some examples if you want to fix it:
(but I understand if you and other readers dont care)
decided to move this up a notch intp OU
First of all, Let me talk (the L shouldnt be capitalized)
are all pokeon from previous
You also said something like "I might as well leech seed because my opponent doesnt have any grass types"

And those issues were just in the 1st paragraph intro. (although I am a grammar snob)

Just a quick mention on things that pissed me off:

I know I will get chastised for this but the use of the term rape for beating something just bugs me. You obviously dont have to change this it just pissed me off as a wimp.

Your gloating.... I mean near the end you kept talking about how original your flareon is and it seemed very much like a bigshot. Ive seen that flareon used before and you are efinetely not the first person to come up with that idea and I ahve heard tons of people talk about how cool they were cause they dont use generic shit and are original but it bugs me. Its perfectly fine if you have more fun using the things you do but I personaaly dont think its too good if you gloat about it because it makes you like an asshole ;)

Sorry, thats just how I felt. Dont take it personally

Bwahaha, I love it. Rock Smash for coverage. That is amazing.

Good prediction in the warstory, too, btw. Very nice~

^ lol'd

The format was pretty damn good; the arrows and extra pictures were nice touches. Commentary was also nice but unspectacular, moar depth less spelling and grammar errors blah blah blah. But one nitpick that just pisses me off:

"takes the hit like a champ"

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't use this again. There are a million other ways you could describe a pokemon walling a particular move. You don't even have to use a simile, just stay right away from "champ". /rant

And for the record I didn't mind the length at all. The constant momentum switches and above average prediction really made it much more entertaining than the average stall war.

I stopped reading carefully after the Wish turn
Seriously, his Heatran's at 17%. You predicted the switch to Heatran. You even said
his gliscor and ferrothorn will die from a seismis toss
So, why didn't you just Toss right there and be done with it, that Heatran could have been dead switching in.Wish only comes at the end of the turn.
Well, if I'm right :3, then it's still understandable, but...
Anyway, the last part with Flareon sweeping was quite enjoyable. Overall though, this battle is only so-so

You had some really good predictions, my favorite was bringing in 'cruel on the leech seed from ferrothorn, awesome thought process there. Some of the double switches and a couple mis-predictions were my only qualms.

Extra respect for sweeping with a flareon.

8.5/10

Woodchuck

actual cannibal
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Okay, but seriously, this was a cool story. Apart from all of the other things previous commenters have mentioned, I'd like to add that this was a good example of you having a game plan (weaken checks and counters for Flareon to sweep) and you executed it extremely well.
Late-game sweeper? Reminds me of 4th gen.

November Blue

A universe where hot chips don't exist :(
is a Contributor Alumnus
Great read, and I really like your team. Slowbro, tentacruel, tangrowth and flareon were all amazing. I sometimes use a slowbro + amoonguss regenerator core, and it works quite well. I'll have to give tangrowth a try sometime.

Flareon @ Toxic Orb
Guts
Adamant
252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe

Flame Charge
Facade
Rock Smash
Fire Fang?

Is this your set?

loved your defensive core, your opponent even more for decimating it with nice predictions (and hax)

i really liked your thoughts, they are organized and shows a huge deal of prediction skills. (I swear the moment ı get my internet fixed for online gaming I'm going to be a player like this)

i'm giving 10/10, nice format, nice everything, superb skills on both sides.

Stratos

Banned deucer.
Great read, and I really like your team. Slowbro, tentacruel, tangrowth and flareon were all amazing. I sometimes use a slowbro + amoonguss regenerator core, and it works quite well. I'll have to give tangrowth a try sometime.

Flareon @ Toxic Orb
Guts
Adamant
252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe

Flame Charge
Facade
Rock Smash
Fire Fang?

Is this your set?
Most likely Bite, for Chandy.

Your team description in the beginning was actually really enjoyable. Sort of a mini-RMT, almost.

I will go to my slowbro because tentacruel is pretty low on health.
Waitwaitwait. Wasn't Tentacruel at 99% when you switched him out before? Not a big deal, but it threw me off. There were a couple of other things you said in there (something about him not having a Grass type when Ferrothorn was alive, I think) that threw me off.

This was a great warstory nonetheless. Great job.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)