Tsukasa's ATL VGC warstory

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was reading everyone's war stories and I noticed that there are only two, TWO, from Atlanta's VGC. Come on guys I'm sure exciting stuff happened to you!

Obligatory photo dump (These are only some of my favorite):

That's me and my best friend. She didn't compete but took lots of candid photos.

Zekrom pose..

My other friend (the one in the middle being a stereotypical asian) made it to round two and he doesn't even know a lick of competitive battling.

hot

Anyways, my warstory isn't a story of success but rather a story of experience. This was my second VGC and, having got out last year in R1 after finishing training my team in the car ride to the Gwinnett Center, I swore to myself that I would win at least one battle this year. I'm still fairly new to competitive battling and I understand all the mechanics I just don't have a lot of experience battling.

So after changing my team three times (each with different strategies) I decided to go with an all offense team that went a little something like this:

DealWithIt
Thundurus
Jrank
Pilar
GreySong
Caffwin

Okay, so I made sure we got there REALLY early since we barely made the cutoff last year and we got there 2 hours early so we all just chilled and played pokemon like everyone else. I was desperately trying to get enough BP to get a focus sash for my chandelure. Once registration opened up I only needed to win another 7 battles to have enough BP but the lines moved SO FAST. I had to step out of line and finish my Battle Subway before I could go any farther. Once we registered, my friend and I were separated and I got paired with a girl who had come from Tennessee, I believe. I don't really remember. That half hour wait to start the battle killed me. But finally it started and my adrenaline was pumpin.

Battle actually starts here:

I led with my Krookodile and Thundurus and she led with Jellicent and Hydreigon. I protected with my chandelure and TBolt'd her jellicent which hung on by a focus sash. (ugh) Then I knew it was setting up TR which I should have seen coming considering her team preview was all slow pokemon. The TBolt paralyzed the Jellicent which didn't help me at all considering trick room. T2 both of her pokemon attacked my chandelure and KO'd it so I sent out my conkeldurr. Jellicent ice beam'd my thundurus (it protected last turn) who survived with ~10% HP remaining. and I drain punch'd the hydreigon and got rid of its Chople berry. It surfed and KO'd my thundurus. Out came my jellicent who protected. Another drain punch finished off hydreigon.

AND THIS MOVE RIGHT HERE I blame for my loss. She sent out eelektross. At this point I'm thinking "oh shit. acrobatics and wild charge is going to destroy my pokemon." I was right. I misplayed and went for a drain punch thinking that I was slower than the eelektross since Trick Room was still up. I was wrong. It KO'd my conkeldurr and her jellicent couldn't move due to paralysis so I shadow ball'd it to death. Now it was just my jellicent vs her eelektross and her conkeldurr which couldnt do anything to me. I waterspout'd and nearly killed both of them (<20% life each)but then eelektross finished me off with a wild charge.

If I had mach punch'd instead of Drain Punch I am sure I would have killed that eelektross when I used water spout. But that's life. You make mistakes. I lost 2-0 but it was really close and I had fun. I wished her luck and passed by my friend in the middle of his second battle on my way out and wished him luck in his battle too. To add insult to injury, while I was waiting for the woman to cut my wristband, her stupid un-sharp craft scissors wouldn't cut it at all so I had to stand there for 2-3 minutes while she struggled with my wrist band.

My friend ended up losing his second battle and we all shared our battles and then got pictures with all the pokemon running around. Sure I got out in R1 again but at least I had fun and that's all that matters! It was a great experience and OH MY GOD that was the cutest pikachu in the entire world. We danced together and jumped around and I showed it the shirt I made and OH GOD IT WAS SO CUTE. After we left, we went to the Mall of Georgia and walked around for a while and ate some Yogen Fruz (which I highly recommend). I remembered I had a surprise birthday party to attend so my friends and I went and we sang karaoke and cake and blah blah. The day was perfect.

I would like to take the time to thank all the people who helped me get the pokemon for my team at the last minute. I had no time to train the pokemon myself so these people kindly gave me pokemon to use.
Thank you:
-Jrank
-MuffinHead
-Andrea
-Jamesdw92
-iambaney
and even though they won't ever see this I would like to thank my friends for coming along with me. It wouldn't have been the same without them. :)

PROPS:
-It was a great experience
-Congrats to my friend for actually winning a match
-CUTEST PIKACHU EVER
-Yogen Fruz
-I live only an hour away so it wasn't like I traveled half the world to lose in R1

SLOPS:
-I lost in R1
-My parents were rushing us out so I missed the final match
-I didn't get to see Tepig or Snivy running around.
-My friends can't sing.
-Everyone else met Mingot except me

I feel like I would have wrote the exact same warstory 3 years when I was new to VGC. Sucks losing round 1, but I guarantee you'll be twice as a better of a VGC player next year.

I didn't get to go...
But that sounds fun! Hopefully next year I can go and I'll have a solid team for it.
Sucks you lost R1, but at least you know what NOT to do.

ah totally know how you feel, I lost in the first round in VGC 2008 x_x it definitely will help you inprove though. but it seems you had a good time at least!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)