5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

@Cefiro: Encounter Slots determine which Pokemon appears when you Sweet Scent/walk into shaking grass, etc. For example, let's say I want to catch a Tynamo in Chargestone Cave (B1F). Tynamo appears on Slots 10 (Lv27) and 11 (Lv27) on that floor. Therefore, I would look for a PID Frame which yielded one of those Encounter Slots on RNG Reporter, under Method 5 PIDRNG. Then, simply advance your PID Frame by viewing the summary of a Chattering Chatot (1 advancement per view and highly recommended) or by saving (1 advancement per save).
Remember, (Target Frame) - (Initial Frame) = Advances Required.
So, if your Target Frame is 80 and your Initial Frame (calculated by clicking "Calculate Initial PIDRNG Frame") is 45, then you would perform 35 chatters/saves.
Having a Synchronizer as your lead Pokemon increases your chances of acquiring your desired nature and is a real time-saver. Natures listed in bold print on RNG Reporter's Method 5 PIDRNG list means that they will change based on the nature of your Synchronizer.
Thanks for the help, but I'm having trouble finding out how to do the process on my own.

Do I go to Time Finder or not? I tried that and it seems like I can't set IVs if I want to do this...

Is there a guide anywhere to do this properly? At this rate I'm just going to end up chattering until I get lucky (which is actually what I have done to 5 Pokes already...)

Hmm, I didn't know about this feature. Thanks for pointing that out. :)

So I did find adjacent seeds, and Winters Zombie was correct. There is a similar seed with the same time but different Timer0.

Anyways, after hitting the wrong IV seed several times, I managed to find a pattern in the natures, and I found out that at my current save point on Route 15, the NPCs advance the PIDRNG frame by about 17 or 18 frames.

So now, it becomes a matter of hitting the correct seed and getting lucky. :)
How they advance the frame changes with the seed, so be warned. Not always will they advance the same with different seeds. But they will almost always advance the same with the same seed.

Is there a guide somewhere to pinpoint your starting frame for a roamer? A friend of mine is trying to RNG for a Timid Thundurus, and he's already at 15 Chatters (which I figure is a good size pattern to not come up with multiple possibilities), and wants to know if we can figure out exactly how many he needs to do rather than just increasing by 1 each time.

Thanks for the help, but I'm having trouble finding out how to do the process on my own.

Do I go to Time Finder or not? I tried that and it seems like I can't set IVs if I want to do this...

Is there a guide anywhere to do this properly? At this rate I'm just going to end up chattering until I get lucky (which is actually what I have done to 5 Pokes already...)
Copy seed, paste/input it where in the main window where it says seed (hex), choose method 5 PIDRNG, choose encounter type, choose sync nature if applicable. "Calculate initial PID frame." That's your theoretical initial PID frame which is lowest possible PID frame you can get if there is no interference from NPCs/weather. If you're in an area with NPCs your actual starting frame will be higher. To get around the NPC problem you must use an IVRNG frame 1 spread, mash X to bring up the menu as soon as you go in game. Sweet scent immediately and catch whatever you encounter. Check near your theoretical initial frame and you should find a PID frame that matches what you caught. That's your actual starting frame. From there you get to target frame by viewing Chatot's summary (with a recorded chatter).

Is there a guide somewhere to pinpoint your starting frame for a roamer? A friend of mine is trying to RNG for a Timid Thundurus, and he's already at 15 Chatters (which I figure is a good size pattern to not come up with multiple possibilities), and wants to know if we can figure out exactly how many he needs to do rather than just increasing by 1 each time.
Some info

Starting frame is probably between 550-750 if there's no weather before the roamer arrives. 1500-1900 if there's rain before it arrives and snow is obviously somewhere in between no weather/rain but I haven't tried it.

Copy seed, paste/input it where in the main window where it says seed (hex), choose method 5 PIDRNG, choose encounter type, choose sync nature if applicable. "Calculate initial PID frame." That's your theoretical initial PID frame which is lowest possible PID frame you can get if there is no interference from NPCs/weather. If you're in an area with NPCs your actual starting frame will be higher. To get around the NPC problem you must use an IVRNG frame 1 spread, mash X to bring up the menu as soon as you go in game. Sweet scent immediately and catch whatever you encounter. Check near your theoretical initial frame and you should find a PID frame that matches what you caught. That's your actual starting frame. From there you get to target frame by viewing Chatot's summary (with a recorded chatter).
Thanks a ton! A proper Scraggy just won't show up. I'm gonna go try this now. Wait, actually, how do you know which is ability 0 and which is ability 1?

Just RNGed my first Pokemon thanks to the help of Kaasoljoyyz. I got the exact nature and Pokemon I was trying for as well.

Level 41 Mienfoo
Jolly
IVs - 31/31/31/18/31/31

Going to keep doing this until I get the hang of it completely, and then it's on to RNG Breeding.

Check near your theoretical initial frame and you should find a PID frame that matches what you caught. That's your actual starting frame. From there you get to target frame by viewing Chatot's summary (with a recorded chatter).
And how do you do this part?
Urgh, I feel bad for needing more details on everything.

And how do you do this part?
Urgh, I feel bad for needing more details on everything.
You have the list of PIDs in front of you and you calculated your initial PID already, right?
Look for a PID that has the same encounter slot, nature, gender, ability etc as the Pokemon you caught. It should be near your theoretical starting frame if you bring up the menu quickly.
Gender ratios in RNG reporter are for the females so for example, Charmander's gender would be under the 12.5%F. If you're using a synchronizer you might want to learn the PID%6 method (post 3/Tesseraction's breeding guide). PID%6 method explains how to figure out the characteristic for each PID frame. Characteristic is another thing that can help you narrow down your actual starting PID. It's mostly useful when you're using a synchronizer or everstone (breeding).

Im having a little problem...somehow i cant hit my wild see anymore.After about 20 tries i hitted only once using a chronometer,but now i cant hit the seed no matter what.I always get the same wrong ferroseed all the time.I press A in the exact time when i pressed before when i finally hitted once.So what i do?Move to another seed?Try to press A a bit earlier or later?I can do eggs so quickly and easy...maybe because i use the same old seed all the time?Maybe timer0 vary from seed to seed?
I was having this problem before,moved to another seed and got 100% all the time,but now that i found an awesome tynamo seed,i cant hit it ;_;.I dont want to move to another seed...
yeah yeah im doing everything else right since i got right once.

EDIT:Finally hitted the seed again after about 20 tries,but now i missed the PID FFFFFFFFFF.
SIGH...20 more tires till i get this right

EDI2:Wait now i hitted the seed ALL the freaking time,didnt miss not even once....WTF is going on???I swear this thing is trolling me to the max

2nd RNG get!

Level 38 Female Deino
Timid
IVs - 31/x/31/31/31/31

I also figured out what I was doing wrong each time I wasn't getting the results I wanted/couldn't get the RNG Reporter to work for me.

This is so awesome.

ok i know how to hit a seed and rng a poke. now i want to know how to catch one shiny and manipulate nature. can someone give me the process on how to do this? im using pprng btw

ok i know how to hit a seed and rng a poke. now i want to know how to catch one shiny and manipulate nature. can someone give me the process on how to do this? im using pprng btw
I don't use pprng, but this is what "you're supposed to do in rng reporter"

To catch something shiny depends on your trainer ID and secret ID. If you have that information put in, you can tell the program to look for nearby shiny frames for a given set of IVs. You then advance the PIDRNG to that shiny frame (usually through chatots)

To manipulate nature, you advance the PIDRNG (usually through chatots) for a given IV-rng frame.

To do both, then both things need to be satisfied at the same time.

Is there a way to "force" a catch when I'm fishing? I'm trying to capture Clamperl, and sadly there are NPC on this route. And it seems that they continue to move while I'm fishing.. :S I try to calculate them somehow in, but then I don't get any exclamation mark.

Yeah, I usually end up breeding everything anyway since I have complete control. Only thing you can't have is any type of pokeball for it.

Thanks for the answers! Yes, the special ball is exactly why I want to do it.. if it takes too much time, I will prob just breed it^^

Is it possible for the MTIVRNG to suddenly shift for no reason at all? With the arrival of the very useful Calculate Initial PIDRNG Frame and an encounter slot table, I have been able to finally successfully RNG flawless synchronizable Dittos in the Giant Chasm. The flawless IVs are obtainable on IVRNG Frame 4. The first two times I tried getting the Ditto with a Modest and Timid Synchronizer, walking 128 steps with 3 Pokemon in my party (My Synchronizer, Chatot, and Hydreigon if it matters) and then listening to Chatot and carefully walking around in the grass until I was certain I would encounter a Ditto. Both times I landed on PIDRNG frame 67 and successfully caught a level 53 flawless Ditto.

Figuring I might as well get as many different Ditto as I could, I tried again with a Jolly Synchronizer, repeating the exact same process and hitting the exact same PIDRNG frame. However, this time when I catch the Ditto only its HP, ATK, and DEF are flawless. I was positive that I hit the same seed, because after 20 steps a patch of grass started rustling (the same thing happened the first two times I tried RNGing the Ditto). Since a different seed couldn't account for it, I figured that I must have been hitting IVRNG frame 7 instead of 4, which would give it 31s in its first 3 stats (HP, ATK, DEF). Acting on this hunch, I assumed I must somehow have already been on frame 4. I tried again, hit the seed (walking 20 steps to verify it was the same) but didn't walk the 128 steps needed to advance the IVRNG frame by 3. Lo and behold, I successfully catch a flawless Ditto on PIDRNG frame 67 with the Synchronize nature.

I'm not complaining, because not having to walk 128 steps makes the process a lot easier. I'd just like to know how this shift ended up happening.

That would explain it. So if I save on step 127, walk 128 steps and get the counter to 127 again, but then walk 4 or 5 more steps in the grass, I will have advanced the IVRNG frame by 3 twice instead of once, getting me to frame 7 instead of 4.

Thanks a bunch.

I'm going for a flawless Ditto, but the only seed I have found is on frame 2. I need to walk 128 steps with one Pokemon in my party to advance the frame by 1, but I need at least two Pokemon in my party to do this effectively (A Synchronizer and my Sweet Scenter).

I'm in a bit of a pickle here. What should I do? I can easily get a
31/X/31/31/31/31 Ditto, like I got with my Timid Deino. Would that be my best bet?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 16)