Creative (and good) Movesets (READ THE OP FIRST)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A set very similar to that is in Subway but that's not necessarily a good thing. The Fling flinch is practically pointless unless your opponent is poisoned or burned because it's so weak, and Ambipom's decent Attack still isn't too impressive with non-STAB 110 EBP. Anything that resists Flying doesn't mind that Acrobatics, Steels and Rocks don't mind the entire set

Aerobipom

Ambipom @ King's Rock
Ability: Technician
EVs: 4 HP/252 Attack/252 Speed
Nature: Jolly
- Fling
- Acrobatics
- Fake Out
- U-Turn

Use it as a lead. Fling gets rid of the King's rock and flinches the oppo, but use it after fake out, a 90 priority flinch. Acrobatics a 110 power attack that has surprisingly good coverage, and U-turn to scout or just switch.
I think instead of acrobatics and U-turn you should run Low Sweep/Low Kick and Payback, since this is more of an offensive lead than a scout-type lead.

this guy gets frail sweepers, leave the bulky pokes 4 another poke.
also, flying still hits the 2 most common steels in the game, and if you predict a switch, u can scout and net an extra kill with a pursuit user or something

this guy gets frail sweepers, leave the bulky pokes 4 another poke.
also, flying still hits the 2 most common steels in the game, and if you predict a switch, u can scout and net an extra kill with a pursuit user or something
He doesn't even get frail sweepers. Without any powerful STAB normal moves, you will not OHKO anything that isn't x4 weak to one of your attacks. And flying does "hit" the 2 most common steels. But on Ferrothorn, you will end up doing more damage to yourself and Scizor can OHKO you if you dare attack it.
Fling is useless and is a 1-time flinch that will do negligible damage against anything. Frankly, the moveset is terrible. Much better is a more standard set:

Ambipom @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 4 HP/252 Attack/252 Speed
Nature: Jolly
- Fake Out
- Return / Double Hit
- Ankle Sweep / Pursuit
- U-Turn

After seeing your set, I have to ask: Did you even try it?

I use this Dragonite on my rain team

Dragonite @ Leftovers
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 116 HP/60 Atk/216 Def/116 Sp. Atk
Nature: Brave
-Earthquake
-Roost
-Hurricane
-ExtremeSpeed

I use a Brave nature because speed doesn't matter much to this Dragonite because it's so bulky, especially with the HP and Def investment, as well as having Multiscale. The large investment in Special Attack EVs is for Hurricane, which will be your main move in the rain, which is why you could opt for a Quiet nature. However, I prefer using the Attack boosting nature to give ExtremeSpeed the extra power when a strong priority attack is needed, as well as for Earthquake which is helpful against weather changers like Tyranitar and Ninetales, as well as giving Dragonite great type coverage with Hurricane. You could opt to put Dragon Claw in this spot, but then you are walled by things like Heatran, although this set still has problems against things like Skarmory and Bronzong, but nobody said it was perfect.

I use this Dragonite on my rain team

Dragonite @ Leftovers
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 116 HP/60 Atk/216 Def/116 Sp. Atk
Nature: Brave
-Earthquake
-Roost
-Hurricane
-ExtremeSpeed

this set still has problems against things like Skarmory and Bronzong, but nobody said it was perfect.
Seems if you can't deal with obvious responses, then that is an issue. There's Thunder of course, especially a nice move in the Rain, but then as you say you're losing other significant coverage, especially against other Weather inducers. Generally Hurricane is a pretty decent move to rely on, as the 30% chance of confusion means with luck, you can even put a dent in Steel types.

How about Aqua Jet as an option over Extremespeed? Boosted by Rain, won't be resisted by Ghosts and Steels, will be somewhat effective against Balloon Heatran. It doesn't have the guaranteed power and +2 priority of Extremespeed but it does have better Synergy with Hurricane.

Seems if you can't deal with obvious responses, then that is an issue. There's Thunder of course, especially a nice move in the Rain, but then as you say you're losing other significant coverage, especially against other Weather inducers. Generally Hurricane is a pretty decent move to rely on, as the 30% chance of confusion means with luck, you can even put a dent in Steel types.

How about Aqua Jet as an option over Extremespeed? Boosted by Rain, won't be resisted by Ghosts and Steels, will be somewhat effective against Balloon Heatran. It doesn't have the guaranteed power and +2 priority of Extremespeed but it does have better Synergy with Hurricane.
Actually, it's probably better to replace Earthquake with Aqua Tail then ExtremeSpeed with Aqua Jet. Rain makes Aqua Tail more powerful than Earthquake, hits steels for neutral damage, and still is very effective against Heatran. Then, however, this Dragonite's set looks exactly like the Rain set in Dragonite's OU Analysis, except for the nature and the EVs.

Also, might I add, Aqua Tail still hits Tyranitar and Ninetales super effectively, which makes my suggestion of Earthquake seem rather silly right now...

Set: DDRestTalk
Salamence
-Dragon Dance
-Dragon Tail
-Rest
-Sleep Talk
Ability: Intimidate
Item: Leftovers
Nature:Careful
EVs: 252HP/16 Def/216 SpD/24Spe

SO disappointed that nobody uses my fave Mence set. Dragon Dance away, Rest to rid status and damage, then sleep talk lets you bypass Dragon Tail's negative priority to speed shuffle. EVs maximize bulk whilst allowing you to outrun base 115s after a DD. This guy is so underrated, it can be very threatening with hazards up.

Garchomp has better bulk, a better ability and arguably a better typing to be a RestTalk Phazer but Dragon Dance makes that Salamence unique. I'm gonna give it a try!

edit: the chance to phaze on Salamence is kinda disappointing... 1 in 3 :(

Altaria @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 6 Def / 252 SpA
Nature: Modest
- Cotton Guard
- Draco Meteor
- Power Swap
- Roost

Bring Altaria in on something it will force out or a slower physical attacker that thinks it's going to do damage to you. 2 Cotton Guards later, Altaria is a brick wall that can't be hurt even from the common Stone Edge. Spam Draco Meteor and Power Swap off your -2 Special Attack to the opponent to cripple their special attacking abilities as you continue to wear them down with more Draco Meteor.

This pokemon enjoys paralysis support. Using him on my stall team has caused quite a bit of rage quits. :naughty:

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack

Altaria @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 6 Def / 252 SpA
Nature: Modest
- Cotton Guard
- Draco Meteor
- Power Swap
- Roost

Bring Altaria in on something it will force out or a slower physical attacker that thinks it's going to do damage to you. 2 Cotton Guards later, Altaria is a brick wall that can't be hurt even from the common Stone Edge. Spam Draco Meteor and Power Swap off your -2 Special Attack to the opponent to cripple their special attacking abilities as you continue to wear them down with more Draco Meteor.

This pokemon enjoys paralysis support. Using him on my stall team has caused quite a bit of rage quits. :naughty:
I hate to say this but this moveset has been posted in this tread before, although it does look fun.

My Hail inducer is Abomasnow (of course), but I think I'm fairly creative:

Abomasnow
Modest
252 SpA 252 Spe 4 defense

Giga Drain
Blizzard
Focus Blast
Worry Seed

Giga Drain and Blizzard are no brainers, being powerful STAB (I went for Giga Drain over anything harder hitting because I don't like gambling with accuracy less than 100, and the self heal is very helpful anyway). Focus Blast is for coverage (though to be honest, it doesn't help much, I might replace it with something).

Worry Seed is the fun part. People never see it coming, and for people who rely on their abilities a lot, a well aimed Worry Seed can cripple. I took out a Reuniclus earlier as it was Calm Minding. It got 3 Calm Minds off, but I ended up getting a Worry Seed off before he killed me, and then I Toxic stalled it to death with my Stallrein. Worry Seed also crippled a SleepTalk Gyarados by giving it Insomnia and preventing it from using Rest.

It's kinda situational, I admit, and mostly Abomasnow is only used to set up Hail and KO with the occasional Grass STAB but it's so satisfying to throw out a Worry Seed when they least expect it and watch an unprepared trainer have no idea what to do without his ability that he was relying on.

(I went for Giga Drain over anything harder hitting because I don't like gambling with accuracy less than 100 ... Focus Blast is for coverage
I lol'd.

Edit: Oh, constructive criticism?

The problem with worry seed is that people can just switch out and eliminate it. Your Reuniclus example is kinda silly, honestly, since it'd be simple to switch him out, then send him back in with total status immunity. And no Focus Blast on the enemy Reuniclus? Color me surprised.

I do agree with you on Giga Drain, though.

I have a pretty cool Tropius set here
Tropius @Lum Berry
Careful 252 Hp 252 SpDef
Harvest
-Curse
-Rest
-Earthquake
-Aerial Ace

This set may not look threatening at first glance, but it's a monster. If you get 1 curse up you have a 402/303/300 defensive stats. Nothing to laugh at considering the full health restore from Rest and not staying asleep thanks to Lum Berry+Harvest. EQ hits most of Tropius' weakness super effective and gets the boost from curse. Aerial Ace is a filler mostly, you could replace it with a support move like Whirlwind or Body Slam, but I run it because it hits EQ's resistances (Bug and Grass) and hits flying neutrally. Anyone think I should change anything on this set?

I have a pretty cool Tropius set here
Tropius @Lum Berry
Careful 252 Hp 252 SpDef
Harvest
-Curse
-Rest
-Earthquake
-Aerial Ace

This set may not look threatening at first glance, but it's a monster. If you get 1 curse up you have a 402/303/300 defensive stats. Nothing to laugh at considering the full health restore from Rest and not staying asleep thanks to Lum Berry+Harvest. EQ hits most of Tropius' weakness super effective and gets the boost from curse. Aerial Ace is a filler mostly, you could replace it with a support move like Whirlwind or Body Slam, but I run it because it hits EQ's resistances (Bug and Grass) and hits flying neutrally. Anyone think I should change anything on this set?
I certainly hope you're using this with Sun support.

^That set is a beast. 4 Atk EVs obviously. Aerial Ace has bucketloads of PP if you get into a stall war. The set really loves Toxic Spikes support and needs to be set up properly so it's a bit gimmicky but when it's played right it's invincible because the main way to deal with set-up tank sweepers, Toxic stall, is useless thanks to Lum. I vouch for it because I use it ^^)

Knock Off completely screws you though, not to mention Trick and Ice Beam.

Set: DDRestTalk
Salamence
-Dragon Dance
-Dragon Tail
-Rest
-Sleep Talk
Ability: Intimidate
Item: Leftovers
Nature:Careful
EVs: 252HP/16 Def/216 SpD/24Spe

SO disappointed that nobody uses my fave Mence set. Dragon Dance away, Rest to rid status and damage, then sleep talk lets you bypass Dragon Tail's negative priority to speed shuffle. EVs maximize bulk whilst allowing you to outrun base 115s after a DD. This guy is so underrated, it can be very threatening with hazards up.
Seems to be a worse version of Restalk Gyara. The thing about this is that most of Mence's counters can OHKO him, unless you switch in on something like Chomp with Intimidate. I think this is the kind of set that looks better on paper than it would in an actual game.

I certainly hope you're using this with Sun support.
While on principal I hope he is too, Harvest works incorrectly on PO - it activates 100% of the time regardless of weather.

As for that set, I'd personally lose the Lum Berry/Rest for Sitrus Berry. That would leave you weak to status, but you don't need to spend turns Resting, you don't need to predict when you'll need to Rest, and it gives you an extra moveslot to work with. I'd also probably go with Leaf Blade there, since you are lacking a strong STAB.

the Tropius is cool. I've been pondering one with Yache/Natural Gift. A possbility to slash in over Lum/Rest, maybe?

Murkrow @ Eviolite
Calm, Prankster
248HP / 8Def / 252SpD
- Roost
- Featherdance
- Protect / Toxic
- Mirror Move / Night Shade

An absolute monster to take down, barring one good SE hit after a roost. I've used this in a few battles already (sans Night Shade) and it has lasted amazingly long amounts of time.

Roost and Featherdance are the coup de gras of this set. Priority Roost really needs no explanation, and Featherdance allows the EV spread to focus exclusively on the Special Defense aspect.

Protect lets you scout, but it can easily be replaced with Toxic, Taunt, Haze, or even Torment/Substitute in a pinch (as a combo with Slot4, obviously)

Last slot is primarily tech. I had good luck with Mirror Move, allowing me to copy my opponent's attacking moves after scouting out with a Protect, but if you're not using Protect, I'd advice against Mirror Move. Night Shade prevents you from being total taunt bait, but basically anything that could fit into slot3 could fit into slot4 (excepting Protect/Mirror Move, and Torment/Substitute, obviously. I'm also considering testing Perish Song/Mean Look).

Murkrow is best suited for a defensive team, and REQUIRES trap support. Toxic spikes is an absolute must, and a little burning would be nice too, in case of fliers/levitters/steels/poisons, but it's not nearly as important as toxic spikes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)