Venonat (F) @ Eviolite
Trait: Compoundeyes
EVs: 248 HP / 160 Def / 100 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Toxic Spikes
- Sleep Powder
- Stun Spore
- Disable/Supersonic/Venoshock

With a Eviolite, Venonat actually has a niche in the UU Metagame, it is surprisingly bulky with 323 HP, 264 Defense and 282 Special Defense. The main advantages it has over other pokemon is that it is bulkier, has a 97.5% accurate Sleep Powder and Stun Spore The last slot is pretty much a filler. Venoshock is the most worthwhile damaging attack, since when the opponent's poisoned, it reaches a obscene 195 Base power. Other attacking options include Signal Beam, Giga Drain, Sludge Bomb, and Hidden power. With only 40 Base Special attack which translates as 116, most of the time it isn't worth to have damaging move because it will do very little anyway

breh

強いだね
are you sure that something with a defence slightly worse than that of Hariyama is really usable?

In fact, I'm unsure if you're trolling or not; for god's sake you're using Supersonic; even with Compoundeyes, that's a really bad idea.

Otherwise, are you sure you want to use this with Victini still in the tier? V-Create OHKOes, I assume.

are you sure that something with a defence slightly worse than that of Hariyama is really usable?

In fact, I'm unsure if you're trolling or not; for god's sake you're using Supersonic; even with Compoundeyes, that's a really bad idea.

Otherwise, are you sure you want to use this with Victini still in the tier? V-Create OHKOes, I assume.
No, I'm not trying to troll, this set is legit. You don't realize Veonat's bulk, to put it into perspective it is bulkier than most Shaymin (4 HP), who has 100/100/100 defenses, one of the bulkiest pokemon in the tier. I agree that Supersonic isn't the best move for the slot slot, but its still more reliable than Focus Blast. I use it with Suicune so it can easily take pretty much any attack, except Thunder or Fusion Bolt.

just here to say scyther is ridiculous. Lived a max atk adamant CRIT stone edge from hitmontop... a normal hit would've done less than half @_@

just here to say scyther is ridiculous. Lived a max atk adamant CRIT stone edge from hitmontop... a normal hit would've done less than half @_@

Ok, I definitley know this is utter bullshit. a Max/Max Scyther is taking 90.7% - 107% from a Adamant max attack Hitmontop Stone Edge. Considering that running a spread like that is like giving Blissey all phsyical attacks, I really don't think that this actually happened.

jas61292

used substitute
is a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Max Attack Adamant Hitmontop Critical Hit Stone Edge vs Impish Max HP Max Def Scyther does a min of 187.2%

Sorry to burst you bubble, but survival is just not possible. Unless you Roost. In which case it does 93.6% - 110.5%

Maybe I shouldn't be sharing this

In OU, i sweep teams using a Togetic with Eviolite with this move set:
Togetic (M) @ Eviolite
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Silver Wind/Ominous Wind/Ancient Power
- Baton Pass
- Thunder Wave
- Roost
What you do is use Twave first and then Silver Wind to boost stats which has a higher chance due to serene grace and i can sweep with my any pokemon that has calm mind or bulk up. This does not always work as once i used silver wind 8 times and i still didn't get my stats raised.

^Yeah, there's no way you have ever swept any team by relying on the 20% chance of a boost from an un-STABed, 60 base power, 8 PP Bug move coming off of a completely uninvested base 80 Special Attack and base 40 Speed. Weedle walls you.

Use Venomoth? Mew works too. Smashpass still exists. Relying on Silver Wind is a bad idea. You'd be better off just passing Nasty Plot...and probably with Togekiss since it can actually hurt things on its own.

breh

強いだね
Although I agree that an Ancientpower boost is far superior to any other BP options (its boost is sure as hell not outclassed by any other boosting move lol), it's very hard to reccomend use of something that has a 20% chance to be useful. For god's sake, it has an 83% chance to get a boost out of all 8 uses. That's not efficient.

Guys, I just wanted to add in this fact about Dusclops:

I use a spread of 252 HP/4 Def/252 Sp Def (Impish Nature). This give me stats of 284/489/539 with Eviolite attached.

I managed to survive a +2 STAB CRIT Surf from OMASTAR in the rain with 1 HP left. That's some pretty incredible bulk. As a special wall, this guy is pretty insane.

Guys, I just wanted to add in this fact about Dusclops:

I use a spread of 252 HP/4 Def/252 Sp Def (Impish Nature). This give me stats of 284/489/539 with Eviolite attached.

I managed to survive a +2 STAB CRIT Surf from OMASTAR in the rain with 1 HP left. That's some pretty incredible bulk. As a special wall, this guy is pretty insane.
I run the same, but with Calm/Careful.

+3 CRIT Thunderbolt from Raikou:

67% (iirc)

The raikou was probably uninvested in Sp.Atk, but still.....

Also, I'd like to add that Machoke is really underrated compared to Gurdurr. see this post

And is Klang a good user of Eviolite? It has really good defenses (60/95/85)
And Piloswine? (100/80/60)
And Zweious? (72/70/70)

I run the same, but with Calm/Careful.

+3 CRIT Thunderbolt from Raikou:

67% (iirc)

The raikou was probably uninvested in Sp.Atk, but still.....

Also, I'd like to add that Machoke is really underrated compared to Gurdurr. see this post

And is Klang a good user of Eviolite? It has really good defenses (60/95/85)
And Piloswine? (100/80/60)
And Zweious? (72/70/70)
Dusclops love in UU ftw! In regards to Piloswine, I think its typing just gives it too many weaknesses for it to abuse a defensive set (outside of perhaps Snow Cloak-Hail?). Weaknesses to Fire, Water, Grass, Steel, Fighting aren't the best things to have. Hence why Mamoswine as an attacker is better methinks.

Rhyhorn in the sand trolls with horn drill :D I guess why they banned OHKO moves, still usable in the PO servers.

I have also tried Klang

Klang (F) @ Eviolite Stone
Ability:Whatever they are all useless
EVs: 252 HP / 100 Def / 160 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spe)
- Thunder Wave/Toxic
- Gear Grind
- Screech/Metal Sound (usually forces a switch)
- Thunderbolt/Thunder Wave/Toxic (if you want the dual statuses)

A bold Gotharita reaches 324hp/398df/302+spdf. After a single calm mind, its sp df is over 400 and it gets decent special attack, allowing it to hit anything for good damage with psychic. Too bad the set I use only has a single attack[It's either psychic or shadowball, making it either suck against normals or darks.]

Here is the build.

Eviolite Gothorita
Frisk[if shadow tag was out, she would be able to stay in, get +6 spat/spdf, sleep off any status or damage she got from the trapped opponent, finish off opponent, and then under 3-4 turns of reflect[to protect from physical attackers}, proceed to "sweep" with psychic or shadowball.}
ev 252hp/252df bold
Psychic/Shadow ball
Reflect/Thunder wave
Rest
Calm mind

She does pretty well until a dark type/normal type comes in, then its switch out time. She also pairs up well with my Bisharp, switching in to take a fighting attack for little damage, and the setting up reflect or a calm mind.

A bold Gotharita reaches 324hp/398df/302+spdf. After a single calm mind, its sp df is over 400 and it gets decent special attack, allowing it to hit anything for good damage with psychic. Too bad the set I use only has a single attack[It's either psychic or shadowball, making it either suck against normals or darks.]

Here is the build.

Eviolite Gothorita
Frisk[if shadow tag was out, she would be able to stay in, get +6 spat/spdf, sleep off any status or damage she got from the trapped opponent, finish off opponent, and then under 3-4 turns of reflect[to protect from physical attackers}, proceed to "sweep" with psychic or shadowball.}
ev 252hp/252df bold
Psychic/Shadow ball
Reflect/Thunder wave
Rest
Calm mind

She does pretty well until a dark type/normal type comes in, then its switch out time. She also pairs up well with my Bisharp, switching in to take a fighting attack for little damage, and the setting up reflect or a calm mind.
Just asking: is this worth using over Gothitelle?

It gets far higher defense than gothitelle while only losing only 20 points in hp. Gothitelle only gets a little more speed and a little more sp attack. A single calm mind will boost Gothorita's spatt and spdf to respectable levels.

Now, as for Cresselia, I guess it depends, she still gets slightly higher defense than Cresselia but gets beaten in HP by a LOT. Cresselia also gets instant recovery in moonlight, but REST is still pretty awesome in that it cures status and if she has reflect up and +2 or more in calm mind, Gothorita will wake up and still be over 50%.

Roselia is pretty good:

252 HP / 252 SpDef Calm

Spikes
Toxic Spikes
Giga Drain / Sludge Bomb
Synthesis

Good defensive typing, extremely sturdy on the special side, multiple methods of recovery and Natural Cure make Roselia a pretty good dual Spiker. Has some competition with Roserade, but if you need more of a special wall it's an option.

How about Porygon 1 with Evolite?

It's got relatively poor defences 65/70/75, it get's remedied with Evolite but still probably not bulky enough.

It does pretty much what Porygon 2 does in OU but Porygon 1 does it in UU (Yeah I know Porygon 1's name is just plain Porygon but I had to differentiate it so people won't get confused)

It can come in on anything with

Flash Fire (Arcanine & Houndoom)
Volt Absorb/Motor drive/Lightning Rod (Jolteon & others)
Intimidate (Arcanince, & Hitmontop but Hitmontop will probably KO you)
Water Absorb/ Storm Drain (Gastrodon & other threats)
Flygon when using Earthquake becuase it has Levitate

Natural Cure pokemon provide you a method to heal status

Sheer Force is quite funny when you copy it from Nidoking but you won't hi t very hard anyway

Snow Cloak can make porygon annoying, although Frolass would probably out stall porygon ( I don't know for sure)

Magic Bounce Espeon is likely to be banned to BL or move up to OU because of usage and Espeon doesn't use status inducing moves to bounce back anyway, Xatu on the other hand might carry Thunder wave/Toxic to bounce back.

Serene Grace If Porygon is carrying Discharge, 60% chance of paralyzing something is quite nice

Regenerator Getting Free Health switch into Tangrowth and Slowbro and switch out is always nice.

Arena Trap Traps Dugtrio and KO back as long as Dugtrio doesn't KO you 1st.

I can't think of anything else, obviously Weather Related abilities are nice to copy too.

Gardevoir probably does a better job with a high sp-att speed and sp-bulk, although Porygon could have a niche as it'll have greater physical bulk combined with evolite.

It gets far higher defense than gothitelle while only losing only 20 points in hp. Gothitelle only gets a little more speed and a little more sp attack. A single calm mind will boost Gothorita's spatt and spdf to respectable levels.

Now, as for Cresselia, I guess it depends, she still gets slightly higher defense than Cresselia but gets beaten in HP by a LOT. Cresselia also gets instant recovery in moonlight, but REST is still pretty awesome in that it cures status and if she has reflect up and +2 or more in calm mind, Gothorita will wake up and still be over 50%.
Noting that Cresselia doesn't necessarily have to use Moonlight for recovery, while still being able to use Reflect, Light Screen, Psyshock, Shadow Ball, Thunder Wave, whatever.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)