The Fluke Team (#1 and going strong)

Hello Smogon,

So this is a team I’ve been using consistently over the past 2 rounds. I was just toying around with a lot of different teams and this one just worked. I just sort of threw a few guys in together and it worked – hence the Fluke Team. I have made some changes over time but the team is mostly the same as it always has been. I have never been one that’s good at making teams, so I thought I would share my most successful team to date. I’ve been consistently around the top 10 in the short time of this latest round, and peaked at number 3 and number 9 in round one. The team consists of three powerhouses that can rip holes in teams and three bulky Pokemon that are there to take a few hits and check a lot of the current metagame.

EDIT: I'm now temporarily sitting at number 1 with a score of 1349.

This team struggled a lot in round 1 due to Drought being retarded. Sawsbuck, for example, sweeps my team at +2 in Sun. However, with Drought banned, I figured that my success with the team would be increased even more and so far I’ve been pretty successful.

Team At A Glance:​

In Depth Look

Donphan @ Leftovers
Sturdy
Impish
252HP; 252 Def; 4 Atk
~ Earthquake
~ Rapid Spin
~ Roar
~ Stealth Rock

Donphan is the best spinner in UU, in my opinion. It’s got a deceptively high attack stat and some serious physical bulk. He almost always guarantees getting rocks up thanks to his ability to wall physical threats and, in a worst case scenario, his ability Sturdy which, in combination with Roar, has saved me on more than one occasion. STAB Earthquake does respectable damage to anything that doesn’t resist it. This set is obviously walled by quite a lot and allows a lot of free switches, so I have to take care. If I see a Xatu, for example, on the opponent’s team, then I often double switch into Rotom-H to fire off a Volt Switch. Worst case scenario if Xatu comes in is that I set up rocks for my opponent and I can spin them away. Donphan is often the weakest member of my team as he invites Grass types to come in, and scary fliers like Zapdos and Staraptor, but his role is just to set up rocks and keep them off the field. If he does that successfully, my team is more often than not successful.

Milotic @ Leftovers
Marvel Scale
Bold
252HP; 252Def; 4SpD
~ Haze
~ Ice Beam
~ Recover
~ Scald

Basic set, but the key to this is Haze. Haze is a fantastic move with Shell Smash everywhere, and with Espeon making Roar useless and Sub blocking Dragon Tail, I find it the best solution to all SmashPass teams that don’t include a Celebi in the chain. It also allows Milotic to take on and beat all non-taunt Mismagius (with the exception being offensive Nasty Plot with Thunderbolt, which really hurts this team) and pretty much every other booster with the exception of powerful grass ones (like Celebi) and powerful electric ones (like Raikou). Max defence is due to Milotic already having monstrous Special Defence, but there have been times when this has been a downfall of mine, such as with the aforementioned Mismagius. The moves are simple. No Toxic on this Milotic because baits in two Pokemon that are very threatening: Celebi and Roserade. Neither of those care too much (if at all in Roserade’s case) about Toxic and I believe they are the best grass types in UU. Ice Beam is to hit them for respectable damage, hopefully forcing my opponent to Recover (in Celebi’s case) or go on the offensive (in Roserade’s case) – which allows me to beat them easily with Rotom, Flygon or Durant. Scald is a fantastic move, although I have to be wary of Heracross. Recover works better than Rest Talk due to the ability to stall out Staraptor with Brave Bird recoil while also allowing me to Haze whenever I want.

Mew @ Leftovers
Synchronize
Bold
252HP; 252Def; 4SpD
~ Aura Sphere
~ Calm Mind
~ Roost
~ Psychic

This. This is the star of the team. There are a few hard stops to this thing: fellow Psychic CMers that have Psyshock. Really absurdly powerful physical attacks like CB Staraptor’s Brave Bird. Spiritomb is an absolute stop to this set. But the things that generally beat this Mew are handled nicely by the rest of my team. The set is self explanatory: Max Defence and Max HP means Mew can sponge physical hits all day long. Psychic typing makes all fighting types (which are almost always physical) set up bait. Roost lets me beat non-resting Suicune and all Raikou one on one, which is invaluable to this team. Psychic for STAB and the chance of a SpD drop has saved me on more than one occasion, while Aura Sphere gives perfect coverage outside of Spiritomb and Psychic types. However, other Psychic types can’t do anything to me, outside of Shadow Ball which will do little after a couple of CMs. This thing can wall entire teams and for some reason nobody else uses this – it’s the best Mew set I’ve used, bar none.

The other great thing about Mew is it’s ridiculous versatility. It is impossible to know what Mew is going to do when you first bring it in, which allows Mew to get some free boosts up quite nicely. The problem with this Mew is that it gives a free switch into Excavalier, which is flat out scary with CB and can 2HKO anything on this team. When I see Excavalier, I’m very cautious about what I do with Mew.

But because this is such a rarely seen set, people aren’t really prepared for it. Nasty Plot Mew? Easily revenge killed. Taunt/WoW Mew? Fire types. This isn’t easily revenge killed at all. Mew’s 100-across-the-board bulk means it can tank almost any hit (Scarf Heracross fails to KO with Megahorn, for example). In a perfect world, I’d like a bit more speed, but this works just fine as it is.

And to top it all off, Synchronize is a really underrated ability and has done some nice things for me in the past.

Rotom-H @ Choice Specs
Levitate
Modest
4HP; 252SpA; 252Spd
~ Hidden Power Ice
~ Overheat
~ Trick
~ Volt Switch

Rotom-H is a (near) perfect abuser of Choice Specs. It's typing is almost perfect too: Fire and Electric provides fantastic coverage, only missing out on certain ground types, and certain dragons, all of which don't like taking Specs Overheats, or HP Ice. The main problem with it is its unfortunate SR weakness. If Donphan does it’s job, I almost always win due to Rotom-H being an unstoppable monster. It does ~38% to 252/0 Suicune with Overheat. I’ve taken 50% off a Lanturn with Overheat before. 252/0 Rhyperior is 2HKO’d by resisted Overheat with SR up. That is absurd power for a resisted hit on really bulky Pokemon. Volt Switch is a great move that is really spammable, although obvious care and prediction needs to be taken with this. The cream of this set is Trick though. Tricking a Scarf on something can be a pain if it’s an offensive Pokemon, but tricking Specs on something rarely comes back to bite me, especially if I can catch a wall or a physical attacker. Rotom-H lures out Chansey more than any other Pokemon on my team (apart from Milotic), so Tricking away its previous Eviolite is so sweet. And then, even better than that is Tricking that useless Eviolite onto another Pokemon and taking their LO or Leftovers. I have had some bizarre matches where my opponent ended up with a Specs Quagsire and a Chesto Berry Mismagius.

This set is countered by a fair bit. Lanturn doesn’t like Overheats since it has no recovery but otherwise it can switch in easily. Chansey walls this set as does Quagsire. However, none of these Pokemon like being Tricked at all, which makes this set a pain for my opponent. I like to think of this Rotom as the Pokemon that is more for messing up the plans of my opponent, rather than working for my plans. If Donphan does its job, Rotom-H is usually my MVP.

Some things I’ve questioned: do I want HP Grass over HP Ice? HP Grass hits Quagsire and Gastrodon for massive damage. However, all the common Ground types that stop me from spamming Volt Switch (such as Rhyperior and Donphan) are all 2HKO’d by Rotom-H. My grass weakness means that I have something to hit them with if I don’t fancy the SpA drop straight away. I have also considered Thunderbolt, but Volt Switch never seems to fail in terms of Kos apart from Milotic.

Durant @ Life Orb
Hustle
Jolly
4HP; 252Atk; 252Spd
~ Hone Claws
~ Iron Head
~ Stone Edge
~ X-Scissor

This is the true powerhouse of the team, not Specs Rotom-H and not Banded Flygon. This thing destroys everything that’s not a steel type and Intimidate Hitmontop. It’s amazing speed allows it to outspeed key threats, and it’s great ability means I don’t need to run adamant for power. Not many things can switch in on this thing. It is probably the most underrated sweeper in all of UU, and after a Hone Claws it’s near unstoppable without a scarfer. It lures out things that my team has a problem with, such as Zapdos and proceeds to kill them easily with a +1 Stone Edge. Why is this such a success on my team? Well, look at what walls it that are common in UU: Empoleon, Registeel, Excavalier – all are handled by Rotom-H and the former two can be taken by Flygon. Hitmontop too, but that’s just set up bait for Mew, Donphan doesn’t give a crap about Hitmontop and Milotic doesn’t either. Of the most common scarfers, Heracross is handled by three of my guys depending on the set, Staraptor can be stalled out by Milotic and Mew and Flygon can’t really do much to Mew, Donphan or Milotic depending on whether it carries DM or not.

The set is straight forward. Hone Claws to make Durant’s STAB moves nearly as powerful as a Specs Draco Meteor from Latios. This little metal bug hits like a truck. Does Hustle hurt him at times? Unfortunately so, but the pay off is more than worth it.

Let's put this into perspective. +1 LO Jolly Durant's X-Scissor/Iron Head with Hustle is more powerful than:
Choice Band Adamant Groudon's Earthquake
Choice Band Adamant Ho-oh's Brave Bird
Choice Specs Modest Mewtwo's Psystrike/Psychic
+2 LO Adamant Normal Arceus' Extremespeed

Not bad for an RU Pokemon with 80BP STAB moves.

Flygon @ Choice Band
Levitate
Adamant
4HP; 252Atk; 252Spd
~ Earthquake
~ Outrage
~ Stone Edge
~ U-Turn

When starting to build this team, I wanted to use Flygon because Flygon is awesome in UU. Dual STAB that is resisted only by Bronzor and Shedinja in UU is amazing, with U-Turn for scouting and Stone Edge just for the hell of it (I never use Stone Edge). Flygon is great against stall-ish teams. It is immune to all hazards bar Stealth Rock, which it resists. Originally, I had Choice Scarf here, but it just lacked so much power and the holes the CB set punches in teams is much more useful for my team than revenging certain threats. So I opted for Choice Band, which is fantastic. It’s better than Staraptor for this role because, while I have a spinner, Staraptor kills itself quite quickly and Flygon makes spinning less of a necessity. Flygon also doesn’t suffer from recoil. Staraptor is more powerful, but Flygon has just as few safe switch ins.

The set is self explanatory, but with the right move it 2HKO’s every common Pokemon in UU with Rocks. Chansey? 2HKO’d by Outrage. Rhyperior? Earthquake. Deoxys-D? 2HKO’d by Outrage. It’s only the less frequent Pokemon such as Evo Stone Gligar and Mamanbou who can really take a few hits, but the entire purpose of Flygon is just to rip holes in a team. U-Turn is great because this team has quite a big issue with some grass types, so it puts them in an awkward position. It also KO’s all but the most defensive of Celebi, so those who want to recover off a weaker Scarf hit are pretty much screwed. On the subject of Scarfs, Flygon is a fantastic bluffer of a Scarf because everyone uses Scarf Flygon. Especially if they’ve already seen Specs Rotom – a good player will think “well, if he’s got a Specs Rotom, then his Flygon must be Scarfed”. So imagine their surprise when they bring in something like Milotic to tank an Outrage only to be 2HKO’d. Spam Outrage, nab a few kills and let Flygon die is usually the goal.

Threats:

Abomasnow: Often means I’m in for a long, difficult match. Durant, Flygon and Rotom can all take on and beat it, but Protect means that only Durant is reliable.

Aerodactyl: Donphan takes on and beats Aero even with Rapid Spin. Aero doesn’t get his rocks up, no matter what, and I still usually manage to get my rocks up. If the Aero starts going on the offensive, Milotic can handle it as can Mew and Flygon.

Ambipom: Donphan doesn’t give a crap about Ambipom, and neither does Milotic and Mew.

Arcanine: Milotic can handle everything but CB Wild Charge, in which case Donphan can take care of it. Fairly easy to play around and doesn’t do too much damage to my team.

Archeops: A bit tricky if I don’t have Rocks up. Sometimes I might need to sac something, but if I can get in safely, Milotic can scald it and take it below 50%.

Azelf: A pain in the dick. Milotic is often the first one I go to, as it can deal with all non-thunderbolt/grass knot variants. Due to having no scarfers, this can be a monumental pain if it’s carrying NP, Psychic, Thunderbolt/Grass Knot, Flamethrower. Dual Screens and standard lead Azelf I can play around.

Azumarril: Milotic walls it, as does Mew, who can use it to set up sometimes.

Bisharp: Donphan can handle it. It’s naturally slower than Milotic too meaning that if it’s not invested in speed she can Haze followed by Scald.

Blastoise: Mew can set up on it. Milotic beats all but Toxic variants.

Celebi: Often requires me to sac something. Rotom-H can survive any one hit and KO with Overheat. Durant easily KO’s with X-Scissor. Flygon is risky as it may outspeed.

Chansey: Flygon 2HKOs in a worst case scenario. Those lacking T-Wave are set up bait for Durant. Mew can take on those without Toxic one-on-one and Rotom-H can trick it.

Cobalion: Can be a bit of a pain, but usually Mew can handle it. Donphan is pretty good against it, and Milotic can handle specially orientated ones.

Cresselia: Durant can beat all non-Thunder Wave variants. Rotom-H can hopefully trick away, Milotic beats CM Cress without Toxic.

Crobat: Walled by half my team, although Taunt and Toxic suck. Use Rotom to scout for Toxic, if not, then use Milotic and hope to burn it or just go for the KO.

Deoxys-D: Those without T-Wave can’t do anything to Durant and make it set up bait or I can go for the kill. Flygon handles those with T-Wave nicely. Donphan can spin away spikers as it doesn’t fear taunt.

Druddigon: Donphan, Milotic and Mew can all take it on. While it tries to Sucker Punch Mew, I’ll CM in its face and force it to attack.

Dugtrio: Only dangerous when used in conjunction with Wobb. Only Durant is threatened by this. Mew uses it to set up, Milotic and Donphan can shrug off attacks easily. Rotom and Flygon can switch out.

Durant: Argh! My own favourite Pokemon used against me D: Really hard to come up against. Milotic and Donphan can both take a hit (assuming no flinch for Donphan <___<) and KO.

Dusclops/Dusknoir: Rotom-H walls them both and can trick them. Milotic loves the non-toxic ones as does Mew.

Electross: Rotom-H resists everything it could want to do and KO’s with Overheat.

Electivire: Again, Rotom-H resists everything it could want to do. Donphan doesn’t like Ice Punches but can take them if needed and KO with Earthquake. If I can get Durant or Flygon in safely, they can KO easily. Mew uses it for set up.

Emboar: Milotic and Donphan can take it on handily. Can be set up bait for Mew if it’s not Banded.

Empoleon: If it carries Toxic, I’m in trouble. Rotom-H, Flygon can both revenge kill it. Agility Empoleon can be LO stalled by Milotic if necessary. Mew can use all others as set up fodder.

Espeon: Can be a pain, mostly for it’s ability. Milotic can beat them easily due to MM not stopping Haze, and Mew can set up on it if it lacks Shadow Ball for whatever reason.

Escavalier: A pain in the arse if it comes in on Mew or Durant (or the wrong move of Rotom-H or Flygon). Something dies, it’s just that simple. If it comes in on Milotic, I pray for the burn but eventually I can whittle it down.

Froslass: Apart from Roserade, this is the biggest pain for this team. Nothing outspeeds it, but while Milotic walls this thing to holy hell, she also lets Froslass set up Spikes for free. Destiny Bond makes it a pain, so I often use Scald praying for the burn so that Froslass dies to the burn.

Gligar: Milotic and Rotom-H can both beat it. Mew uses it for set up fodder.

Golurk: Donphan beats it, so does Milotic.

Gorebyss: Milotic laughs at this thing all day.

Heracross: Banded sets hurt but can be played around. Flame Orb sets require a bit of playing around but I can usually stall it out. Scarfed sets are too weak to beat both Donphan and Milotic.

Hippopotas: Rotom-H is usually the safest due to not caring about Toxic as much as Donphan and Milotic.

Hitmontop: Milotic, Donphan, Mew can all take it on easily.

Honchkrow: Banded sets kill something every time. Milotic can beat it one on one. Bit of a big problem for this team.

Houndoom: Flygon and Durant can revenge, Milotic walls it.

Jolteon: Rotom-H resists everything it wants to do and Mew can use it to set up unless it’s Specs. But I have two immunities to Electric to help me with those.

Kingdra: DD Kingdra does nothing to Milotic and I can Haze/Recover/Scald/Hope for the burn. Milotic beats it every time though. Rain Dance Kingdra sometimes leads to me sacrificing something so Milotic can come in and start stalling it out with Recover and then going for the burn when the rain wears out. Mew can often set up on special Kingdra.

Krookodile: Donphan wins every time, Milotic can beat it. Flygon, Durant and Rotom-H can all revenge it.

Lilligant: A real pain, but Rotom-H resists everything it usually carries and can KO with Overheat. Depending on how smart the Lilligant user is with Sleep Powder, I can be in some real trouble with this thing.

Mamoswine: Rotom-H can handle Adamant ones, Mew uses it to set up, Milotic can beat all of them.

Mew: The hardest Pokemon to counter in the entire game, because it has none. Rotom-H beats the Taunt/Will-o-Wisp set. Scarf Mew can be played around. Durant can revenge kill it.

Mismagius: If its a NP set with max speed and Timid, with Thunderbolt and Shadow Ball, I’ve pretty much lost. I need to sac Milotic just so I can Haze - then Flygon/Durant/Rotom can come in, take a hit and KO easily. CM sets are easier to handle although Taunt sets are a pain if they’re running max speed.

(EDIT: Scrap that, Durant is actually faster than max speed Mismagius. As long as it doesn't have a sub up, Durant can revenge it (80% of the time <_<))

Nidoking: Scarf Nidoking can be played around. Rotom resists every move that Nidoking can do. Flygon can revenge kill comfortably.

Nidoqueen: Arguably tougher than Nidoking. I know Rotom-H can take any hit from it, but it likely gets up both layers of Toxic Spikes. Mew can set up on it. Unfortunately, most I see carry Ice Beam, meaning Donphan can’t do anything.

Omastar: Milotic can beat Shell Smash variants. The ones that set up Spikes are a pain but Milotic can still take advantage of it’s poor SpD and KO. Hopefully Donphan can spin away the spikes later.

Quagsire: A real pain. This is what my powerhouses are used for. Hopefully Rotom can trick it, Flygon can 2HKO with Outrage. Durant at +0 can still do 50%+. It takes a bit, but I can usually win.

Raikou: If Mew is dead, GG. Even though Rotom resists everything it can do, it can’t do anything back to it. This is the only thing, along with Mismagius and Azelf, that makes me wish I had Scarf Flygon. Mew can beat this in a CM war due to HP investment and reliable recovery.

Registeel: Flygon bait, who doesn’t mind Toxic, immune to T-Wave and can take a Seismic Toss. Rotom-H can KO it too, Mew can use all non-toxic ones as set up fodder.

Rhyperior: Donphan can take on Rock Polish sets. Subperior can be handled by Milotic and Donphan. Swords Dance + Sub sets require sacrificing something. Flygon resists its STABs but still takes a shit load from Stone Edge. Durant, Milotic and Flygon can all KO it though.

Roserade: My nemesis. It gets in freely on both Donphan and Milotic. Sleep Powder is a bitch, and my spinner risks getting KO’d as it sets up Spikes/Toxic Spikes. I try and bait it into using Sleep Powder on the least useful guy (based on the opponent’s team) and then go to Rotom-H to take it on.

Rotom-C: Subsplit or Will-o-Wisp sets are just begging for Mew to come in. Rotom-H resists everything it can do. Scarf sets are easy to play around.

Rotom-F: This will likely be on a Hail team. Blizzard hurts everything. Rotom-H is the best thing for it as it resists every move it runs.

Rotom-H: My own Rotom-H can do lots to this. Mew can force it into Overheat and Roost off and proceed to set up. Worst case scenario, Milotic can tank a hit and KO.

Rotom-S: Haha, they're usually used on troll teams so I don't worry too much about them. Rotom-H and Mew can take anything it wants to dish out.

Sawsbuck: Easily revenge killed by Rotom-H, Flygon or Durant.

Seismitoad: This is actually a bit of a pain based on the one time I ran into one. Milotic can beat it and stall out the rain – Durant and Flygon can easily kill it once the rain is gone.

Seperior: Rotom-H, Flygon and Durant can all handle it depending on the Hidden Power it has.

Shaymin: Rotom-H resists everything it wants to do, Durant can take care of the scraps.

Sigiliph: If it carries Flame Orb, Milotic wins after some hefty stalling. If Toxic Orb, Durant takes dumps all over this thing.

Slowbro: CM Slowbro can be a pain if it carries Psyshock, as Mew can’t use it as set up fodder. Milotic can Haze it though. Rotom-H can Volt Switch for the KO if he can get in safely, and Durant can KO it too.

Smeargle: Tricky in the hands of a clever player. If I see an Espeon, I can handle it as long as I don’t let Milotic be the one put to sleep. If I see no Espeon, then I can always go to Donphan, but usually I want to keep Milotic as my Hazer. I let my least useful (depending on my opponent’s team) guy go to sleep, then I switch in Milotic and thwart anything it wants to do.

Spiritomb: Requires a bit of playing around. Rotom-H can beat all sets, while Milotic handles CM sets. Durant can KO if it gets in safely.

Staraptor: If it’s banded, something almost always dies so I can get in safely with Milotic. If it’s scarfed, Mew and Milotic can take it on and stall it out with Roost and Recover. Sub Roost sets are beaten by Milotic.

Stoutland: With Sand up (why else would you use this thing?), I can stall it out with Mew, Milotic can take a couple of hits and go for the burn, Donphan can go for the KO with EQ.

Suicune: Sometimes this takes a couple of guys to bring it down, but if Durant and Flygon are still alive, they can work together to get the job done. Rotom’s Volt Switch will hurt it a lot. CroCune or sets without Toxic are walled by Milotic, but Milotic can’t do much back. Rest sets are the worst. Mew can win a CM war due to having more reliable recovery.

Tangrowth: Bit of a pain, as with all sleep inducers. Let my least useful guy go to sleep. Durant, Rotom and Mew can all beat it one on one. Offensive Sunny Day sets can be checked by Rotom-H.

Togekiss: Assuming I don’t get flinched a zillion times, Milotic wins. Durant can KO with Iron Head after SR damage, Flygon can KO with Stone Edge or Outrage, Rotom-H can Volt Switch. Scarf Togekiss is a pain.

Venomoth: If I don’t let Milotic go to sleep, I can handle it easily. If Milotic does go to sleep, Rotom-H can survive a hit and KO.

Victini: CB Victini kills something, but is revenged by just about everything. Special Victini can’t really hurt Rotom-H or Flygon, while Trick Room Victini is beaten by Milotic. Usually I can play around it and its not too tough.

Weaville: Milotic beats all Weaville pretty easily. If Milotic is gone, it is a real pain though. Durant can take an unboosted hit and KO with any move.

Wobbuffett: How are you supposed to counter something you can’t switch out of? This is the most broken Pokemon in UU and it a pain in the arse. Durant can revenge kill it or Rotom-H can Trick it (even then it might Encore to get back its leftovers). Fuck this thing.

Xatu: Easily handled. Donphan baits it in, I double switch into Rotom for the easy KO. Durant sets up on it, Flygon can KO with Stone Edge or Outrage.

Zapdos: Depends on the set. Scarf sets can be played around; SubRoost + Toxic is a pain but depending on the speed investment, Flygon can beat it; Durant lures it in nicely and KO’s with Stone Edge. Mew can use all non-toxic Zapdos as set up fodder.

Zoroark: At +2, this can kill a lot. Milotic is the obvious first switch in as she can take a hit and Haze/go for the kill.

Problems with the team:

Sunny Day Teams: These wreck shop. I've only faced one, but Sawsbuck came back to haunt me and there wasn't much I could do about it.

Toxic Spikes: Donphan is great, but all three of my defensive Pokemon are grounded with no way of removing status, meaning Toxic Spikes is really bad for this team.

Grass Types: Durant and Rotom-H are my only grass resists. Durant can't take many hits and with Life Orb, I'm often reluctant to switch it into anything. Rotom-H is in trouble with Rocks up too. Sleep moves are also a bitch for this team, as they are any team. One reason for my grass weakness is that, while Donphan and Milotic are really good together, I feel, they suffer from the fact that they share the same weakness to grass. I have experimented otherwise but the problem I have is:
Milotic works so well in this team that it needs to stay. I need a spinner which leaves me with: Hitmontop (means I have no Rocks); Claydol (also shares a weakness to grass); Donphan; Cryogonal (an ice type spinner that dies to a brick break from Ledian? No thanks); Blastoise (grass/thunder weakness); Sandslash (just a crapper version of Donphan). Overall, Donphan was the only one that can fit in, which is a shame.

Lack of speed: I love the powerhouses of my team. Rotom-H and Flygon are both beastly, but since I run Modest and Adamant respectively, they are outsped by things I'd rather not be outsped by. Durant is fast, but still falls short of stuff like Azelf and Raikou, which really sucks. Scarfers I can play around, but as you can see by my threat list, it's generally the 115'ers (special attackers) that cause me the most problems.

So rate, comment, criticize, advise please :)

Finally ...

Most importantly of all, I would like to say that if I don't usually nickname my Pokemon, because I'm really really bad at it. However, I nicknamed my Rotom-H "Mr. Jitters", because look at him:
He's a crazy little bugger.

He's also way cooler than any other Rotom form.

That Mew set looks like a bitch to take down. Mew needs to go. Overall, it looks like a well put-together team (Milotic makes EVERYTHING better). Rotom H is a troll >.> only two weaknesses and hard hitting.....I don't know why Durant isn't used more. Good job putting the team together and getting to #1, if temporarily :)

Great team, but it seems like you could have a weakness to Shell Smashers once Milotic goes down, as everything else gets outright killed by a +2 Hydro Pump (except maybe Mew). Apart from that, I love the team!

Quagsire is a real bitch to you. Especially the Stockpile set with Toxic. (Only Durant can do something, I think) So maybe you want to add HP Grass. I think you need it.

Maybe add something like Roserade to absorb Toxic Spikes. Also it's a good check against grass pokemon. But I don't have an idea which Pokemon you can replace her with.

yond

mitt game strong
is a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Hi I've played you quite a bit the past few days and I can say you are pretty much as weak to staraptor as it can get. You are also just a slow team in general and lose to random fast sweepers like sceptile. For that reason I suggest u run scarf on either flygon or rotom-h as it will make it easy to deal with a lot of the threats to your team.

Thanks for all the ratings guys. Its much appreciated since I've had a rough couple of days with this team. Staraptor I can handle just about, it just requires some roost stalling from Mew, usually.

I'm definitely going to switch up the team a bit, because I am weak to fast sweepers. I'm probably going to add a Scarfer to the team - ideally higher than Base 100 Speed so I can check Staraptor and Flygon without worry. Maybe Scarf Raikou in place of Rotom, but that adds a Chansey problem. On the other hand, no Rotom-H means Donphan isn't as big a necessity and, as the weakest link on my team, I could put in a Roserade which deals with Quagsire which does hurt my team (if it carries Toxic), which could also set up Toxic Spikes so Chansey is on a timer every time it comes in.

I'll try testing that.

Actually, that means no Rocks. I suppose I could try Nidoqueen, which can also come in on Chansey at any point and set up on it. But Toxic Spikes + SR is a bit too much for Nidoqueen to set up. I'll have to think this over a bit more.

hello there,

you might want to try assurance or stone edge/head smash over roar on donphan so you can hit missy and xatu. i'd say that's more important than phazing with one hazard. milotic can still haze against bp too.

a notable problem is the lack of speed on this team. i recommend scarf flygon over cb because durant already gives you something of a wall breaker and regibro cores still screw over cb anyway. flygon is a lot more maneuverable as a scarfer than the other option, rotom, because he lacks the sr weak and u-turn doesn't run into immunities outside of shedinja. that way rotom still has the freedom to trick so thats cool.

mew can't roost stall cb raptor unless they switch in to you for some odd reason. tbh i can't think of a replacement for that weak, just get early sr and be willing to sac a poke. gl with the team!

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Hey,

Ok so I've seen this team in action and faced it plenty of times. First off, Rotom-h is one of the biggest assets to this team. Its power must have caught plenty of people off-guard, and the fact that it ohkos max HP Zapdos doesnt make it worth removing. Putting both Stealth Rock and Rapid Spin on Donphan is too much to ask of it, and the EV spread means that it does jack shit against Ghosts. Remove SR and Roar and replace them with Ice Shard and Head Smash, and max out Donphans attack with an Adamant nature. It still has an excellent Defense stat even without investment, and Head Smash + Ice Shard is an easy KO on the most common spin blockers, Missy and Rotom.

Since you now lack SR, I think Empoleon would be a good addition over Milotic. You lose Haze, but Empoleon carries Roar, and it's not too difficult to predict when Espeon will BP out, which allows you to break the chain quite easily. Max out its HP and Sp Def. Scald/IB/SR/Roar is a good moveset. The best Scarfers in UU are currently Staraptor and Heracross, and the latter can quite easily fit over Durant, with Flygon and Rotom wielding huge power. Heracross is one of the best late-game sweepers with CC and Megahorn, and it also carries Pursuit to make Donphans job of spinning that much easier. It acts as an excellent check to Zapdos, Raikou, Mamoswine etc, and if you manage to switch it into a burn, it has a field day with stall. Jolly isnt really necessary, Adamant is better for the extra power.

Gl with your team!

Hey,

Ok so I've seen this team in action and faced it plenty of times. First off, Rotom-h is one of the biggest assets to this team. Its power must have caught plenty of people off-guard, and the fact that it ohkos max HP Zapdos doesnt make it worth removing. Putting both Stealth Rock and Rapid Spin on Donphan is too much to ask of it, and the EV spread means that it does jack shit against Ghosts. Remove SR and Roar and replace them with Ice Shard and Head Smash, and max out Donphans attack with an Adamant nature. It still has an excellent Defense stat even without investment, and Head Smash + Ice Shard is an easy KO on the most common spin blockers, Missy and Rotom.

Since you now lack SR, I think Empoleon would be a good addition over Milotic. You lose Haze, but Empoleon carries Roar, and it's not too difficult to predict when Espeon will BP out, which allows you to break the chain quite easily. Max out its HP and Sp Def. Scald/IB/SR/Roar is a good moveset. The best Scarfers in UU are currently Staraptor and Heracross, and the latter can quite easily fit over Durant, with Flygon and Rotom wielding huge power. Heracross is one of the best late-game sweepers with CC and Megahorn, and it also carries Pursuit to make Donphans job of spinning that much easier. It acts as an excellent check to Zapdos, Raikou, Mamoswine etc, and if you manage to switch it into a burn, it has a field day with stall. Jolly isnt really necessary, Adamant is better for the extra power.

Gl with your team!
Thanks, I've played you a couple of times and you know that my latest version of the team still needs some tweaking. I've been thinking about adding an Empoleon for a while now, so I'll give that a shot.

Plus, not many people give Durant the chance to set up anymore, and since it dies to a breeze its starting to become a bit of a burden on the team.

I think you should nickname your Mew "Reuniclus", unless you think that'd give it away. Also, you seem to have a lot of problems with status, mostly Toxic. It ruins Donphan's job of walling, ruins Milotic and Mew the same way as each other, and limits how much your Choiced pokes can do. I agree with putting in a Heracross, but I'm not too sure about Empoleon. With Heracross Pursuiting away the Ghosts, you won't need Donphan to take them down, so you can put SR back on him and switch back to a Milotic. I also think you should use a Milotic because Empoleon lacks a viable recovery move, and having both your walls not have a recovery move between them is not gonna last long

Edit: Just noticed something: Durant with +nature and 252 EVs in Speed is 1 point less than base 110's with HP Fire. Curse you Gamefreak for such a trolly base speed in both outspeeding and getting outsped! >.<

LOL rotom-h's nickname.. my friend always named his 'Rape Stove'.. anyways, dude, freakin' solid team, thank you for putting durant into perspective like that. i had no idea it got hone claws, ill be using that a whole lot more often now.. i hope that thing doesnt stay RU, it wrecks that tier :S

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)