Rarely Used (RU) Tier

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm new to the concept of rarely used tier and it seems like fun tier to take part of. Is there a list of the Pokemon that are allowed in this tier or do i just go by the ban list when building a team?

Hitmonchan is such a boss in this tier. Iron Fist-boosted hits work no matter what spread he's running (bulky/offensive CB, LO, Lefties). Mach Punch, Close Combat, Drain Punch, elemental Punches, Rapid Spin... Options go on and on.

Electivire, ninjask, smeargle, umbreon, dusknoir, how the last gen OUs fall.
Smash passing AND wobbufet is here, both uu suspects. wow.
I cant wait for its threads.

What I meant when I posted about Pikachu:

Pikachu fans had BETTER hope for something like Dream World Pikachu, female of course, holding Light Ball, knowing Volt Tackle/Counter/Endeavor and Pichu having these as egg moves. Not immediately, of course, but sometime in the future... maybe with release of Gray or whatever it's called with the "Unova expansion", where Route 19 continues north from Route 18 and turns into Route 20 upon reaching land, where the route threshold is a bridge to the "new White Forest", based on Staten Island. Route 21 connects where you can catch Virizion, deep in Pinwheel Forest, to Black City. Route 22 connects Accumula to far eastern Unova, and is in fact where Ash landed in Unova to begin the BW arc of the anime. (See http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Thg7lykIDc for details, but the video doesn't include routes 19-21.) Gray's Unova Dex should have some Pokemon from prior Gens, with Pikachu as one of them. The Pikachu to be considered should be found wild on Route 22 in Gray if that's the case.

If Pikachu does get its LB back, chances are it will probably leave RU and head straight to UU, especially if for whatever reason it can learn Surf by HM3 in Gray.

Speaking of Gray, we have yet to see a Flareon with Flare Blitz, but how does Flare Blitz integrate into the pattern of learning similar moves for all Eeveelutions? For one, I would think Vaporeon would learn Aqua Tail at the same level, and similarly for Jolteon and Wild Charge although it's a TM anyway. (Pin Missile may be learned at this level, but then another move may assume its original place in the pattern.) I would not even explain what would go into the other four's level-up move pools.

In any case, we need to do suspect testing if and once Gray comes out, assuming with the improved move pools, especially for the Eeveelutions.

Pikachu fans had BETTER hope for something like Dream World Pikachu, female of course, holding Light Ball, knowing Volt Tackle/Counter/Endeavor and Pichu having these as egg moves. Not immediately, of course, but sometime in the future... maybe with release of Gray or whatever it's called with the "Unova expansion", where Route 19 continues north from Route 18 and turns into Route 20 upon reaching land, where the route threshold is a bridge to the "new White Forest", based on Staten Island. Route 21 connects where you can catch Virizion, deep in Pinwheel Forest, to Black City. Route 22 connects Accumula to far eastern Unova, and is in fact where Ash landed in Unova to begin the BW arc of the anime. (See http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Thg7lykIDc for details, but the video doesn't include routes 19-21.) Gray's Unova Dex should have some Pokemon from prior Gens, with Pikachu as one of them. The Pikachu to be considered should be found wild on Route 22 in Gray if that's the case.

If Pikachu does get its LB back, chances are it will probably leave RU and head straight to UU, especially if for whatever reason it can learn Surf by HM3 in Gray.

Speaking of Gray, we have yet to see a Flareon with Flare Blitz, but how does Flare Blitz integrate into the pattern of learning similar moves for all Eeveelutions? For one, I would think Vaporeon would learn Aqua Tail at the same level, and similarly for Jolteon and Wild Charge although it's a TM anyway. (Pin Missile may be learned at this level, but then another move may assume its original place in the pattern.) I would not even explain what would go into the other four's level-up move pools.

In any case, we need to do suspect testing if and once Gray comes out, assuming with the improved move pools, especially for the Eeveelutions.
I think you're a bit obsessed dude..

Honus

magna carta
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

If it couldn't make UU last gen, why the hell would it be in UU now.

Pikachu pretty much dies to everything in UU, using Light Ball means you forgo Eviolite which means anything that outspeeds him and/or can tank a hit takes him out in one shot. 35/30/40 defenses off 90 base Speed are a fucking joke.

Not only could Pikachu not make UU last generation, but it was bottom-of-the-barrel NU (A.K.A. NeverUsed-NeverUsed) . So with a whole new tier filled with previously BL Pokémon it's supposed to be a god-send? I don't choose you, Pikachu!

lol. This just had to be quoted a third time.

RU will definitely be looking forward to killing Pikachu a thousand different ways.

Just posting to say that IMO Hariyama is a beast in this tier.

Hariyama (M) @ Leftovers Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 192 Atk / 148 Def / 168 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Bullet Punch
- Fake Out
- Close Combat
- Substitute

this set has worked wonders for me. Sub stops thins like WOW ruining my day as i use thick fat and after fake out, BP and CC provide pretty good coverage and do a good amount of damage to most things in this tier

^^Vullaby? I agree, its defenses are ridiculous after an eviolite boost.

Also, Hariyama runs a beast guts set.
Pretty much the same thing but with a Flame Orb, and Stone Edge over Substitute. Incredibly powerful, and Flame Orb can activate on the fake out turn.

And my second question, is there ANY way to stop rain teams besides a hail team? This tier is really messy right now haha

jas61292

used substitute
is a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
And my second question, is there ANY way to stop rain teams besides a hail team? This tier is really messy right now haha
Well that's to be expected without suspect testing. I think once tests finally do start, this has the potential to be a fantastic tier.

^^Vullaby? I agree, its defenses are ridiculous after an eviolite boost.

Also, Hariyama runs a beast guts set.
Pretty much the same thing but with a Flame Orb, and Stone Edge over Substitute. Incredibly powerful, and Flame Orb can activate on the fake out turn.
also its evolution should be banned

New user here, but I joined just because RU is such a fun tier to play in.

Anyway, it seems like Baton Passers and Speed Boosters are hard to counter in this tier. I just thought I'd share what I use to stop boosters.

Regirock
@Red Card
4 Atk/252 Def/252 SpD
Careful
-Stealth Rock
-Thunder Wave
-Rock Slide
-Drain Punch

You can basically just use the Red Card as a free Phaze and tank any hit they try to throw at you. I usually switch in mid game when someone is trying to setup or abuse Speed Boost, and put Stealth Rocks up right away. Plus it's a great way to force something with low HP out and make them unusable since they be destroyed by SR if they try to switch back in (Yanmega, Honchkrow). Unless something has it's attack/special attack boosted with Swords Dance or Nasty Plot I've yet to been OHKO. The rest of it's move are just for support in case you get the chance to stay in longer than a couple turns.

I'm noticing a trend on this list. There are still several Electric Types that are still allowed. These can be used to out-speed a number of other Pokemon. Creative builds that actually fill in a Pokemons weakness. Could cover a number of common enemies for whatever Pokemon you want to run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)