OU RMT - SmashRoom v1.7

Hello, this is my first RMT I have ever done. This team has been through several changes over it's career, and it still probably needs a bit of work.
The concept of this team is pretty simple: Set up the path for an easy Shell Smash and then Baton Pass it to Salamence. Once Salamence dies, I resort to Reuniclus, Breloom, and Honchkrow to finish it all up.
At A Glance:

Detailed:

YouCantSeeMe (Uxie) @ Light Clay Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Memento
- Light Screen
- Trick Room (After a bit of study, I discovered that my team usually only needed a Sp. Def boost. So now, Uxie helps with Trick Room whenever it doesn't commit suicide. Currently in testing.)
- U-turn

This Pokemon is the main part of my team, and is what makes it capable of pulling off many of these sweeps. Light Screen support allow Salamence to survive scarfed ice attacks easier, while it gives overall bulk to most of the team. Memento is the pride of the set, being the most useful part of this Pokemon. With Memento, it makes switch-in Pokemon and Sweepers useless, and allows Gorebyss a free shell smash 99% of the time. Trick Room allows Uxie to help Reuniclus when needed.
Usefulness Rating: 8/10

Honchkrow (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 SDef
Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- Sucker Punch
- Brave Bird
- Superpower
- Heat Wave

Honchkrow is a recent addition to my team, replacing a Tyranitar. It does decent with Reuniclus, and is more balanced than Tyranitar was, and summons no weather. Overall, a much better Pokemon than Tyranitar was, sadly with less bulk. However it still does what I need it to do. He is meant to be in Trick Room, while it can do a priority move outside of Trick Room if necessary to take out a sweeper, another reason I picked Honchkrow.
Usefulness Rating: 7/10

Jell-O Man (Reuniclus) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Overcoat
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SAtk
Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
- Trick Room
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Recover

Trick Room. My unique strategy that helps me win games when all else fails. Honchkrow and Reuniclus come out to take out the rest of the trash and destroy fast pokemon.
Usefulness Rating: 7/10

Magikarp2 (Gorebyss) (F) @ White Herb Trait: Swift Swim
EVs: 116 HP / 160 SAtk / 232 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Shell Smash
- Baton Pass
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Pretty much the entire reason I made this team, Gorebyss is what makes this team so powerfull. It sets up a SmashPass, and uses a Ice/Electric combo to take out what it can before high-tailing it.
Usefulness Rating: 9/10

KungFuShroom (Breloom) (F) @ Toxic Orb Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 236 HP / 252 Atk / 20 SpD
Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spe)
- Mach Punch
- Drain Punch
- Seed Bomb
- Spore

With MixMence now stealing all of Breloom's glory, Breloom is now pretty much useless in the SmashPass department. Now, to help out with Reuniclus, it does not need Speed EVs, which I instead put in HP. Not as useful as before, but sure helps.

Salamence @Life Orb
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 116 Atk/ 216 SpA/ 176 Spe
Nature: Rash
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Dragon Pulse

Suggested to me in the comments. Much stronger and better than the previous Gengar I used. With mixed attacks and Roost, it survives much longer and is just as strong as Breloom. A Great new addition to my team.

Err, Shell Smash boosts your speed, so why would you use it with TR then? Other than that, try adding sprites, especially with nicknames because people like to just see what the Pokemon is and they don't like wasting time by reading it.

What I meant- is that when I fail to get a shell smash Baton Passed, I use Breloom as a backup trick room Pokemon.
And I'm currently adding pictures.

When you added your Gengar initially, what role did you expect it to fill?

Your problem is that, other than Reuniclus, you really lack anything that's all that solid in Trick Room. Ditch Gengar and go find yourself a good physical TR sweeper or something.

I'd recommend dropping Crunch or Pursuit on Ttar in favor of SR, unless you're cool with not running any hazards.

Your Hidden Power choice on Gorebyss is your call, but I find that HP Fire has very solid results. Particularly when the remainder of your team lacks a Fire move. Surprising the opponent by staying in with Gorebyss can net you a kill or two often enough.

The biggest problem with your team is that you're running 2 strategies that don't go together at all. SmashPass creates superpowerful, fast mixed sweepers while TR lets your slow Pokemon flourish. But you can't set up one and have the other work at all.

Finally. if you're going to work with TR, you would probably want another setter. Reuniclus is strong and reliable, but not foolproof.

Hi korkontech, I have a few suggestions for your team.

You should have an Espeon with Magic Bounce Lead, so you can block your opponents entry hazards.

Espeon @Light Clay
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP/ 4 Def/ 252 Spd
Nature: Timid
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Psychic/ Psyshock
- Hidden Power Fire/ Ground/ Fighting

Gengar with +2 Speed, Atk, and SpA is a powerful sweeper. It shouldn't be held down with a defensive set. If you are going to run a Gengar which receives Shell Pass, use a sweeper set:

Gengar @Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Atk/ 252 Spd/ 4 HP
Nature: Modest
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast/ Psychic/ Energy Ball/ Sludge Bomb
- Energy Ball/ Psychic/ Focus Blast/ Sludge Bomb

If Gengar sucks at receiving a pass, may I suggest Mixmence?

Salamence @Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 116 Atk/ 216 SpA/ 176 Spe
Nature: Rash
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake/ Brick Break
- Roost/ Outrage
- Draco Meteor/ Dragon Pulse

Trick Room and your fast sweepers don't go well together. You have two strategies that are unreliable when used in tandem on the same team, and they contradict and hamper each other. I suggest sticking to one strategy. But I must admit, shellpass can fail, so trick room CAN be viable on the same team. Its just that yourr current team doesn't benefit from TR at all.

Espeon doesn't get memento, the fact I do not use it. Either way, my team can generally afford entry hazards. Toxic Spikes are non-issue with breloom and gengar on my team.
I like the suggestion for the Gengar set. I think my main issue was its moveset.
I'll test Mixmence too. Thanks!
My goal was to have 4 pokemon to set up a Shellpass sweep, all I really needed. The last two were tricky to pick, but I wanted a combo that would work well at stopping sweepers in their tracks. a 2 Pokemon Trick Room did the trick.

I plugged your team into Marrilands team builder and you have major weaknesses to Bug, Ghost, and Dark. Personally I would change uxie to a pokemon that could better kill off these types. Also, your tyranitar is setting up sandstorm which hurts your guys, maybe change for a blissey???
And I love reuniclus, but give it a magic gaurd, its like overcoat on steriods.

IDK why it had overcoat on it. It is supposed to have magic guard.
and Tyranitar is used more for its stats and typing than weather, and it still screws up politoed.
While not shown on my RMT, I have replaced Gengar with MixMence, and am currently testing.
Breloom actually benefits a LOT from sandstorm too. poison heal gives the healing of leftovers and it kills sashes.

Jirachee

phoenix reborn
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Why you don't run HP or Speed EVs on Ttar instead of Special Defense? I think those are superior investment for either taking physical hits or being able to sweep with a shell smash. You miss 4 EVs on TTar.

Your Tyranitar doesn't look like it is doing much. I would recommend replacing it with this set.

Garchomp @ Lum Berry
Ability: Sand Veil
Nature: Jolly
EV's: 252 Spe, 252 Atk, 4 Def.
-Outrage
-Earthquake
-Fire Fang
-Swords Dance
Oh, the fury of a Smashpass Garchomp... Its bulk allows it to switch into just about any attack that isn't super effective unscratched. Dragon Claw can be used, but the sheer power Outrage provides isn't matched. Despite already being passed, Swords Dance is a very helpful move, allowing you to set up on Ferrothorn and KO with Fire Fang. Jolly makes sure you outspeed everything that isn't Scarfed Deoxys-S. Lum Berry lets you take a burn from the likes of Dusknoir, Swords Dance, and OHKO with a +4 Outrage, and the confusion recovery never hurts.

You people are missing the point:
I can only keep two Smashpass pokemon on my team at a time. Tyranitar has 0 speed IVs to help with Reuniclus' trick room. Trick Room is there if Gorebyss dies.
Either way, im planning on revamping this team BIGTIME.

yeah, u should do that. If gorebyss dies, y use trick room? there r heaps of better options, and u only have one inducer. i'm a good trickroom player, but i found a lot of better options.

Tyranitar has been replaced with a MixMence, and Gengar with a Honchkrow. MixMence is perfect for smashpassing, while Honchkrow is used for Trick Room.
With MixMence taking care of everything I need for SmashPassing, I removed Breloom's Speed EVs and replaced as HP EVs.

Lemonade

WOOPAGGING
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
IMO your team is trying to do too much. Since Shellpassing and TR are basically opposites of each other, your team is effectively split in half. While Shellpassing might be able to function, TR most certainly cannot. With only Reuniclus to set up, if it goes Honchkow is going to have problems pulling its weight. At +2 speed it doesn't even outspeed 100+ base speed. I would just stick with TR Reun and switch Honch for Garchomp, who makes a great receiver.

Honchkrow is there mostly to absorb psychic attacks and for the priority attacks it can pull off. Breloom is my main Trick Room partner.
Also, Uxie sets up Trick Room as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)