OU RMT. Bulky offense

This team generally does well against most OU teams, but sometimes calm mind sweepers like Jirachi and Suicune can be hard to handle.

Mamoswine (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Snow Cloak
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Endeavor

Mamoswine deals well with Heatran and Metagross with a solid STAB Earthquake, and Endeavor can wreak havoc on some unprepared teams. Of course, Stealth Rock is still important for pushing the opponent's pokemon into KO range. Adamant allows me to KO Shuca Heatran, and hit harder in general.

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spd
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin

Pairs well with Mamoswine, as I don't always get to Endeavor and I can send him in for a second attempt if I get a spin off. A successful spin also means that my Choiced Steels can afford to switch in more often without worrying a bout Stealth Rock. Starmie is also very useful for offense, as Hydro Pump +Boltbeam rips through a lot of teams that don't run Blissey. Timid lets it outpace things like Scarfless Gengar that might stop my sweep and use the opportunity to set up on me.

Heatran (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 Atk/252 SAtk/252 Spd
Naive nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Explosion
- Dragon Pulse

Heatran's a solid revenge killer for my team because of his Steel typing. I chose Dragon Pulse over the Hidden Powers in order to hit Kingdra, since Rotom should handle with Gyarados and Swampert adequately. Interestingly though, I've had a couple of games where Heatran just tore the opposing team apart with continuous Fire Blasts. Naive > Modest to outpace things like Jolteon.

Scizor (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 244 HP/252 Atk/12 Spd
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Pursuit
- Superpower

My second Steel. Scizor's also an effective revenge killer in that Bullet Punch picks off a lot of things towards the end of the game. Pursuit kills fragile sweepers like Gengar and Scarf Rotoms, and U-turn is useful for scouting. Superpower is always nice for predicting opposing Heatran switch-ins. Scizor also makes a good lure for Fire attacks, which gives me a chance to switch in Heatran for free.

Rotom-C @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/68 Def/188 Spd
Timid nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Substitute
- Discharge
- Shadow Ball
- Will-O-Wisp

Rotom blocks Rapid Spin, and is my main check for Gyarados. It also easily makes things like Swampert feel inclined to switch out, and thus it gets a few opportunities to set up substitutes each game. Physical attackers that switch in eat a Will-O-Wisp, and Heatran that are hoping to receive a boost risk getting paralyzed by Discharge. STAB Shadow Ball kills Gengar and other fellow Ghosts.

Gyarados (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 164 HP/72 Atk/88 Def/184 Spd
- Dragon Dance
- Taunt
- Waterfall
- Bounce

Finally, Gyarados deals with Fighting types, and the bulky EV spread lets me play it like a tank instead of an all-out sweeper. Taunt stops it from being Roared out, and Bounce is nice for hitting Celebi and extra Leftovers recovery.

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Unfortunately, heatran cannot revenge kingdra after a DD, so you might want to consider hidden power grass or electric and change around your team accordingly. Otherwise, your team looks good.

Lord Wallace

Hentai Connoiseur
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
But you have to remember that some Kingdra run special sets as it's offenses are equal,i've seen quite a few rain dance teams where Kingdra runs Specs boosted Surfs. It came close to sweeping my team until my Dusknoir managed to pull off a Trick Room (barely) but I still lost.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)