The Everything NHL Thread

When these Bruins win.. they win big. If only they didn't let in those ridiculous goals in the beginning of the series.. unbelievable what I've been watching.. where's the consistency.

marilli

With you
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Former Other Tournament Circuit Champion
The Horton injury was a dirty hit, the Raymond injury was just unfortunate.
Just parroting the media.

Well, I'm not hearing about how he still can't move his legs ANYWHERE in the broadcast. I'm sorry, but they're really disrespecting the player just by not even talking about it in the broadcast.

Hope Ray is okay, but as I see it his career is done if he can;t move his legs

No surprises here. Vancouver is definitely not out though, the fact that they actually scored on the wall that is named Thomas is the only surprise tonight. Samuelson is being missed severely by the canucks he would have made a HUGE difference this series.

In Vancouver Luongo....doesn't suck. He's actually as good as he used to / always has been. Something about Boston and Chicago turns him into shit. How can you let fans get to you that badly and still play in the NHL...on the "best" team during the regular season.

Thomas has almost converted me to a bruins fan but I still want the nucks to win, and I think they will.

In Vancouver Luongo....doesn't suck. He's actually as good as he used to / always has been. Something about Boston and Chicago turns him into shit. How can you let fans get to you that badly and still play in the NHL...on the "best" team during the regular season.
As great as he is at home, Boston was one shot away from winning each of those 3 games in Vancouver. Game 7 should be a fun game.

Eraddd

One Pixel
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Fact: Raymond's injury was not dirty. Raymond was caught in a bad position between Boychuk and the boards, and got hit in an unfortunate spot.

We could really use Samuelsson and Hamhuis right now. And our second line just got shredded. Samuelsson and Raymond both gone. Hoping Hansen can step it up and Tambellini will be decent as a replacement.

There was a sighting of the old Sedin twins today in the third period. I'm expecting good things from them Game 7.

Edit: In Boston's defense, I'm pretty sure Boychuk didn't have any idea how vulnerable Raymond was. Hockey is a fast game, and it happened in less than 1 second. Boychuk isn't going to think "Let me check if he's alright BEFORE I slam him into the boards," but rather "hittttttttttttttttttttttttttttt... oops." No intent, but it was unnecessary.

I don't like how it has been coming down to "whoever can injure the most players on the other team wins". Have some class. The hit on Raymond was NOT dirty but it was so pointless and unnecessary - it could have been avoided.

It was legal but why do you hit a guy who's head is caught in your jersey and will clearly injure if you don't intend to injure? You know bending someones back severely and incredibly fast is going to cause more than just excruciating pain. He lost the puck, why do you finish that hit if you know it's going to possibly end someones hockey career.

The better man can show restraint where the weaker man gets caught up in everything and actually finishes a hit like that. "Unfortunate" indeed.

Note: Vancouver is guilty of this too. It's just a general statement.

Articuno64

1 to 63 were taken
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Say what you will about the hit itself, but the worst part was the Boston crowd seeing Raymond lying on the ice and taking the opportunity to chant "Luooooooongoooooooo", and then as he is helped off the ice, chanting "Let's go Bruins".

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
11[23:08] <&BeauJacques> i just watched that hit on raymond by boychuk
11[23:09] <&BeauJacques> its not against the rules, but its fucking dirty
11[23:09] <&BeauJacques> that shows how little respect players have for each other these days

that's what I said last night and I stick by it, I agree with everything Heysup said

marilli

With you
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Former Other Tournament Circuit Champion
I don't like how it has been coming down to "whoever can injure the most players on the other team wins"....The hit on Raymond was NOT dirty but it was so pointless and unnecessary

You know bending someones back severely and incredibly fast is going to cause more than just excruciating pain. He lost the puck, why do you finish that hit if you know it's going to possibly end someones hockey career.
My sentiments exactly.

In Luongo I still (>.>) believe. Game 7 should be interesting. Go Canucks Go!

jrrrrrrr

wubwubwub
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I don't like how it has been coming down to "whoever can injure the most players on the other team wins". Have some class. The hit on Raymond was NOT dirty but it was so pointless and unnecessary - it could have been avoided.
Yeah it could have been avoided if Boychuk didn't finish the check. But then if Raymond comes back around and gets into the play Boychuk gets shit from his coach on the bench. Hindsight is 20/20. He made the right play, Raymond just got caught in an awkward position, pretty much the definition of a freak injury. I feel bad for him, with all the crap that's happened in these Finals so far it's a shame something accidental happens on top of it.

Say what you will about the hit itself, but the worst part was the Boston crowd seeing Raymond lying on the ice and taking the opportunity to chant "Luooooooongoooooooo", and then as he is helped off the ice, chanting "Let's go Bruins".
Yeah, we should have been sensitive to the feelings of a team known for diving, flopping and faking injuries to get penalties. It's completely unreasonable to expect a capacity crowd to just stay silent when their team makes a good defensive play and then play is stopped. If the Boston fans cheered when he got up then you would have said "I can't believe they cheered when a Canucks player got hurt, what savages". Don't pretend like there was anything they could have done to make you "respect" Boston fans because we both know that won't happen.

Boston fans are fucking terrible people.

If Vancouver wasn't such a shitty team to root for, I'd be rooting for them.
Keep hating, I'll be going to my 7th championship parade this decade.

11[23:08] <&BeauJacques> i just watched that hit on raymond by boychuk
11[23:09] <&BeauJacques> its not against the rules, but its fucking dirty
11[23:09] <&BeauJacques> that shows how little respect players have for each other these days

that's what I said last night and I stick by it, I agree with everything Heysup said
I dont know why any team should have respect for anyone on Vancouver besides a few players at this point...

Also, to add to the fans comments, one time...one of the guys blew some kid up on the boards at our home rink, and while everything was quiet and the doctor was looking at him on the ice our fans started chanting "awkward moment."

I'm rooting for Boston, but if you're going to suspend Rome for the Horton hit, Boychuk should be suspended for the Raymond hit.

That was seriously painful to watch

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
jrrrrrrr retarded in every topic he posts in.

I dont know why any team should have respect for anyone on Vancouver besides a few players at this point...

Also, to add to the fans comments, one time...one of the guys blew some kid up on the boards at our home rink, and while everything was quiet and the doctor was looking at him on the ice our fans started chanting "awkward moment."
I'd say there are a few players I don't respect with the majority being just "no opinion". I don't see what Raymond has done to lose respect. It's like people who call the Sedins divers when really it's Henrik. It's annoying as Daniel gets hit and the refs assume he's diving when he's not.

I'm rooting for Boston, but if you're going to suspend Rome for the Horton hit, Boychuk should be suspended for the Raymond hit.

That was seriously painful to watch
Why? It just should have been an interference penalty. If you want to talk about suspensions how about Edler's hit. A race for the puck on an icing, and Edler doesn't even go for the puck, he just drills Peverley into the boards, while he is going at full speed. Its an illegal hit and one of the most dangerous hits in hockey.

Articuno64

1 to 63 were taken
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Don't pretend like there was anything they could have done to make you "respect" Boston fans because we both know that won't happen.
Don't project your own inability to have a balanced, nuanced opinion onto me. In fact, I saw and noticed at the time that the Boston fans who were right at the glass on the play clapped for Raymond as he got up. It's obviously not everyone in the arena who is jeering, but it was just as loud as their regular chants, implying it was more than just a handful of drunk idiots.

Eraddd

One Pixel
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I think jrrrrrrr just turned everyone against the Bruins. And I thought the Canucks had some terrible fairweather fans.

I believe in the Canucks. We were able to get that pushback in the third period, and showed that the Sedins could play. We just need to stop being terrible with our chances (Henrik's Sedin's miss on that bouncing puck on the open net, Daniel Sedin's crossbar + open net, Oreskovich not being able to shoot higher than a foot, Hansen hitting the post that looked like it went in). If we can convert early like we could have, Game 6 would have been a bit different and I think we can do that in Game 7.

Edit:

I approve. Got a picture with one of them

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
and this is why the sport will never be cleaned up, thanks

"HE STARTED IT, WAHHHHHHHHH"

It's just like my dad said earlier today... "After watching these 6 games, I really can't root for either team to win." This is the worst Finals I've ever watched.

Horton hit: late, severe injury, 5-minute penalty and game misconduct, 4 game suspension
Raymond hit: late, severe injury, no penalty, no suspension

^ I don't know, Eraddd, I'd say there's plenty of dumb fairweather fan comments to go around for both sides.

I'm still hoping for a nuclear strike to destroy the arena and both teams during Game 7, but barring that at least I could take solace in a Tim Thomas cup.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)