VGC '11 US East Regional - Washington, DC - June 11th - WON BY superwolfe & Cybertron

Status
Not open for further replies.
I competed in the event, an was able to place top 8. Tough match against Human in top 16(same leads, came done to EV spreads and prediction), which came down to the time limit. That time limit sucks.

I competed in the event, an was able to place top 8. Tough match against Human in top 16(same leads, came done to EV spreads and prediction), which came down to the time limit. That time limit sucks.
STALL WAR FOR THE WIN! That game was fun though, too bad we couldn't avoid each other because we were the last ones. 10 minutes were just our same leads with nearly nothing happening, then I tried to play differently with my back and that definitely didn't pay off. The game wasn't that good, but still a lot of fun!

This was my first VGC and it was awesome :D Can't say I have much of a warstory because I lost in R3 (Masters), but my opponent only had one 'mon left with 18HP so at least it was close. Might be able to go to Newark and definitely going to LCQ though, can't wait!

looking at his team it was all presumably fast pokes (terakion, double genie) and scrafty and jellicent, so I had thought to myself in any case even if he sets up tr I can probably outspeed as long as i kill jellicent (because I had both a slow, bulky terakion and tornadus), sadly I was freaking out at the time as well so my ability to predict the obvious fake out was dimished, and then well yeah crit >_<

looking at his team it was all presumably fast pokes (terakion, double genie) and scrafty and jellicent, so I had thought to myself in any case even if he sets up tr I can probably outspeed as long as i kill jellicent (because I had both a slow, bulky terakion and tornadus), sadly I was freaking out at the time as well so my ability to predict the obvious fake out was dimished, and then well yeah crit >_<
In Cocy's defense, that crit changed the match pretty drastically and I did have Terrakion, Tornadus, and Whimsicott on my team, I just didn't use the first two. "Human from Smogon is doing a livecast of our match -- no pressure!" :)

In Cocy's defense, that crit changed the match pretty drastically and I did have Terrakion, Tornadus, and Whimsicott on my team, I just didn't use the first two. "Human from Smogon is doing a livecast of our match -- no pressure!" :)
thanks bro, ill get you next year :P

I had a ton of fun at this regional, and congrats to Wolfey for winning the whole thing! He played a great match and really handed it to me. Congrats man, cya at nats.

Wolfey

VGC 2016 Masters Champion
Thanks, and yeah our match was pretty amazing, congrats on your newest regional, I look forward to the next time we play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)