Sands of Destruction

Jukain

!_!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hello Smogon I am a long, long time lurker and a very short time poster. I have used the team since I started Black and White which was right when the Smogon server established the correct ubers except before Blaziken. This team took a lot of work and rates and questions are very much appreciated. I can't get past my peak of 254 and hope to get further. This team is gone if Garchomp is banned but I intend to use and hope Garchomp isn't banned. I'm not very great at formatting so if some things aren't that great formatting-wise I apologize in advance. Without further adieu, here is the team.
Teambuilding Process
When I started with this team, my first thought was that it would be a sand team with a bulky member or two with an offensive presence. Naturally, if I was going offensive I would use Tyranitar as my Sand starter.

Next, I decided to use something with offense, a dragon resist, a water resist, have good defenses, and set up hazards. I chose Ferrothorn.

Next, I needed a fighting resist and sand abuser that could break through bulk with sheer power. I chose Landorus.

I wanted another sand abuser and something dragon type so my next choice was the I will be banned Garchomp.

I wanted another sand abuser that I liked and was new. Terrakion provided my team with a great STAB CC and SE.

Now I wanted a super fast revenge killer. I chose Excadrill because of it's amazing speed in sand and good attacking power.

I realized I had a lack of special offense and a lack of a second fighting resist. I also had too many problems with burn. I reluctantly gave up Terrakion for Reuniclus and have never looked back.
I have now replaced my Reuniclus with a Gliscor because Reuniclus didn't quite accomplish what I needed it to do. Also, Garchomp's banning has prompted me to put a specs Latios on my team. Landorus is going to go, but I need a replacement. Also, I need opinions on Excadrill, noticing that sand usage is dropping and that Excadrill is much less often getting on the field and sweeping. Ok, here is the team. Terrakion is now back on the team using the double dancer set, but I want opinions on using a scarf set, if it will work or not.
Overview/SIZE]

The Team
Sandstorm Lead
Tyranitar (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 76 Atk / 180 SAtk
Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Superpower
- Crunch
Moveset: Ok, so I realized that Tyranitar should really be the Pokemon with Stealth Rock, not running Boah, and leave Ferrothorn to Spiking and setting up. This is a MixTar straight from the analysis. Stealth Rock is an important entry hazard. Fire Blast is a Fire move that rips straight through Steel types. Superpower is the mandatory fighting move on Tyranitar. Crunch is STAB and just all around awesome for killing Psychic and Ghost types. Tyranitar has good special bulk for absorbing Ice Beams for Gliscor if I don't want to switch Ferrothorn in.
EVs, Nature, and Item: Quiet nature is plus special attack for Fire Blast and minus speed because it's the only stat I can afford to lose. 76 Attack and 180 Special Attack are the offensive stat distribution. I don't know exactly what they do. 252 HP is obviously for more bulk. Leftovers gives me general ability to survive. This set is a great surprise for my opponent, who expects Specially Defensive Tar.
Bulky Offense/Walls
Ferrothorn (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Atk / 8 Def / 128 SDef
Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- Power Whip
- Spikes
- Curse (used to be Stealth Rock)
- Gyro Ball
Moveset: The number two most used Pokemon. Power Whip hits Swampert, Quagsire, and other Bulky Waters plus Ground and Rock types and is STAB. Gyro Ball is another STAB that hits many Pokemon hard, especially when it is trying to wall Garchomp to prevent my team from getting hurt by it and thus 2HKOing it. Spikes is hazards. Curse is a more recent addition because I have realized that much of the time I can get Ferrothorn to stay in, and all it does is Spike. I decided to replace Stealth Rock for Curse, and it works perfectly with a sort of setting up based team.
EVs, Nature, and Item. 252 HP is because my HP stat is shitty and this adds more bulk. 120 Attack is great for 2HKOing Garchomp and other threats. 8 Defense with my Relaxed nature gives me 330 Defense, a solid number that beats Skarmory with the same investment and nature. 128 Special Defense gives me 300 Special Defense, 7 points below Blissey's standard number. If that isn't good enough I don't know what is. 0 Speed IVs and minus speed nature is all there to power up Gyro Ball. I love being paralyzed and this is my T-Wave switch in.
Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP /72 Atk /184 Def
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Fling
- Acrobatics
Moveset: Like Latios and Terrakion, this Pokemon is here because if the Garchomp ban. Also, I felt that Landorus wasn't doing its job and had trouble getting set up. That is no more because Gliscor is an Excadrill near-counter, and fights many physical Pokemon well. This is the standard Fling set. EQ is my STAB and most reliable move. SD boosts my attack to very usable levels. Fling gets something that is not a steel type poisoned and makes Acrobatics have base 110 power.
EVs, Item, and Nature: 252 HP and 184 Defense for my physical walling benefits. 72 EVs are taken from Speed, which I don't care about, and put into my attack stat. Impish for physical walling. Toxic Orb activates Poison Heal for 12.5% health recovery every turn.
Sand Abusers
Excadrill (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- X-Scissor
- Swords Dance
Moveset: Adamant LO Excadrill is a beast this meta. It is still super fast, but gains the ability to hit harder without SDing. Earthquake is my STAB and main move. Rock Slide hits flying types that EQ doesn't. X-Scissor is for Lati@s and Hydreigon. Swords Dance boosts my attack, and I can normally get one off on a Ferrothorn switch in or similar switch in that cannot 2HKO me.
EVs, Nature, and Item: 252 Attack and Speed is standard fare for Excadrill. I don't need to Speed tie with other Excas, so Jolly is unecessary. Life Orb is for more power. This is the only Excadrill set I am considering.
Terrakion @ Life Orb
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish
Moveset: This is the standard double dancer Terrakion. CC is powerful Fighting STAB, and Stone Edge is powerful Rock STAB. Rock Polish boosts my speed, and Swords Dance boosts my attack.
EVs, Nature, and Item: Life Orb is there over Balloon because I would rather add power to my attacks than gain an immunity that I have Gliscor to provide. Adamant nature because I am running Rock Polish to boost my speed anyway, so Jolly is just overdoing it. 252 Atk/252 Spd is a standard sweeper spread for maximum speed and power. This guy is proving to work better with my new team Pokemon.

Dragon/Special Attacker
Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Surf
- Thunderbolt
Moveset: This is standardish Specs Latios. Draco Meteor is powerhouse STAB boosted by Choice Specs. Hidden Power Fire is for Steels that attempt to wall Latios. Ice Beam is for Gliscor and dragons. Thunderbolt is for bulky waters.
EVs, Nature, and Item: 252 SAtk and Spd for maximum speed and power. Modest nature for more power. Choice Specs for monstrous power.
[SIZE=”3”]Previous Team Members​
[/CENTER]
Reuniclus (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Focus Blast
- Psychic
- Calm Mind
- Recover
Moveset: This is a standard CM Reuniclus. Focus Blast is my fighting move of choice because I tend to have good luck and don't like to miss KOs. Psychic is my STAB move of choice because I never try to win CM wars and I need to kill Conkeldurr. Calm Mind boosts my Special Attack and Special Defense, and is the crux of the set. Recover, well, recovers my health back from health lost CMing. I often get up to +6 and sweep my entire opponents team. This member is very important.
EVs, Nature, and Item: 252 HP and 252 Defense with Bold nature are so that my defensive bulk is good while I am CMing and just makes it take CCs and Crunches and Paybacks and any physical move better. 4 Special Attack is just filler for one more Special Attack point. Life Orb gives me more power and I don't lose health because of Magic Guard. Reuniclus was eliminated when I decided to put Latios on the team after the ban of Garchomp.
Landorus (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Sand Force
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Swords Dance
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
This guy was replaced by Gliscor because I needed more bulk on my team and a better fighting resist.
Garchomp (M) @ Yache Berry
Trait: Sand Veil
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Outrage
This guy was replaced because he was banned to ubers, thus all of the changes in Pokemon on my team.
Entry Hazard Assessment
Stealth Rock: Tyranitar and Excadrill 2X resist it, while Ferrothorn 4X resists it. Reuniclus is immune, and Garchomp and Landorus are hit for neutral damage. Not a big threat.
Spikes and Toxic Spikes: Reuniclus and Landorus are immune. Everything else is affected by them and has problems with it. It is the main reason that I have Rapid Spin on Excadrill. Toxic Spikes are no problem at all.
Offensive Threats

Aerodactyl –It is always a lead, and is easily dealt with by TTar

Archeops –This guy I normally get below half before it does anything with significant damage

Azelf –A lead, its focus sash is broken by SS and TTar kills it with Crunch. If it gets up dual screens it is very annoying.

Bisharp –This guy is fairly slow, and is killed by EQs. Balloon can be easily killed also. Sucker Punch can be an annoyance when I try to kill it.

Breloom –Mach Punch is annoying with having an Excadrill. SD makes it scary. SubPunch and Seed Bomb aren’t as bad, but are still a threat.

Chandelure –This guy normally carries scarf set, the only set that can do anything to my team. TTar can live anything and OHKO with Crunch. Most of my Pokemon bar Ferrothorn can survive a hit and kill it with EQ

Cobalion –This guy is not a threat, as it is easily KOed with an abundance of EQs and Fire Blast from TTar.

Conkeldurr –I never let this guy get set up. Mach Punch hinders Excadrill, but Landorus, Garchomp, and Reuniclus can all kill it with power.

Darmanitan –scarf Flare Blitz is the only threat for my team. Garchomp, Landorus, Reuniclus, and Excadrill in sand can all kill it with not many problems.

Deoxys-S –Its dual screens and spikes can be annoying, but it is a lead and TTar OHKOs it with Crunch and 2HKOs with reflect up.

Dragonite –Multiscale can be fairly easily broken, then it is ripped apart by Excadrill, Landorus, Garchomp, and Reuniclus

Druddigon –This guy is too slow and frail to be a threat every team member besides Ferrothorn has a way to KO it.

Eelektross –No weakness can be annoying, but Stone Edge and Reuniclus can break through it.

Electivire –Its coverage can be annoying, but it is outsped and KOed very easily with EQ

Emboar -Slow and is OHKOed by all Earthquakes and Psychic from Reuniclus

Empoleon –Fairly slow and KOed by EQs

Espeon –Dual Screens are again annoying, but Gyro Ball from Ferrothorn and most attacks rip right through it.

Escavalier –Very slow and can be worn down by my powerful EQs, only Reuniclus has problems with it.

Excadrill –Jolly Balloon doesn’t hit hard enough to be a threat, and Ferrothorn, Landorus, and Reuniclus kill it. Adamant LO variants don’t seem to run max speed, so my Exca outspeeds and kills them.

Garchomp –scarf is easy to deal with and switch around. Ferrothorn 2HKOs with Gyro Ball. HaxChomp and SD Yache, even with Fire Fang, often suffer the same fate.
Genesect –In DW, where it is allowed, it isn’t that difficult as it requires scarf for most instances. It can be switched around once it is locked into something and killed with Fire Blast or EQ.

Gengar –This guy is fast and Shadow Ball and Focus Blast are perfect coverage. Psychic, Rock Slide, Stone Edge, and Crunch all kill it, although TTar has to watch out for Focus Blast.

Golurk –This thing is very slow, not that hard to KO, and is not as common or viable without No Guard from DW.

Gyarados –Stone Edge kills this, and Intimidate is annoying but can be switched away.

Haxorus –This guy is too slow to do anything without a scarf set. The scarf set lacks the power to OHKO Ferrothorn with Brick Break, and I can Gyro Ball it to death. Also, Excadrill can kill with EQ.

Heatran –The balloon can be broken by any move, and EQ after balloon is popped and Focus Blast kill it.

Heracross –It is sort of slow, and is not that bulky, so it can be KOed with ease.

Hydreigon –The scarf set is hard because it outspeeds a lot of my Pokemon. Excadrill KOs the scarf set, and it is easily KOed by Garchomp and Landorus without scarf.

Infernape –Mach Punch is a threat to Excadrill. Otherwise, enough Pokemon outspeed it on my team for it to not be much of a threat. CC and Flare Blitz can still hurt and certainly shut down Ferrothorn.

Jirachi –It haxing me is annoying, but it is easy to switch Landorus or Garchomp into and OHKO with EQ.

Jolteon –It is fast and strikes hard, but all sets can be handled by Reuniclus and sand Excadrill.

Keldeo –I have fought this guy in DW, and Reuniclus and Ferrothorn can kill it most of the time.

Kingdra –It is not much of a threat without Drizzle+Swift Swim. It can be taken down with Ferrothorn, Landorus, Garchomp, and Reuniclus. It isn’t a threat.

Krookodile –The scarf set, which is the common set, is easily KOed by EQ and most of my EQers can live a hit and KO it.

Kyurem –The scarf set can be annoying, but it is not much of a threat otherwise. Its offensive stats are powerful and bulk is ok, but it isn’t that bad.

Landorus –This guy is a threat. It muscles through most of my Pokemon pretty easily. It is most of the time worn down and killed before it does severe damage.

Latios –This guy normally carries specs and TTar basically shuts it down with Crunch and immense special defense. Excadrill’s X-Scissor is almost solely to kill this guy.

Lilligant –It can be killed with X-Scissor from Excadrill and Fire Blast from TTar, and just in general worn down and killed before it can Quiver Dance.

Lucario –EQs kill it. It does have two viable fighting priority moves plus Extreme Speed, so it is a huge threat to Excadrill, Tyranitar, and Ferrothorn, but is normally dead before anything bad happens to my team.

Machamp –This guy is OHKOed or 2HKOed by most of my team. It would be a threat if it got Mach Punch, but without it it isn’t a threat. Dynamic Punch can kill some guys on my team, but he isn’t that hard to kill.

Magnezone –It really only hurts Ferrothorn, but when it is around, I never make any blind switches into Ferrothorn or bring it in general. Not a big threat.

Mamoswine –Ice Shard can hurt Garchomp without its Yache Berry, Landorus and Excadrill. EQ and SE aren’t a threat at all, it’s just Ice Shard.

Meloetta-S –In DW, it is easy to kill with all of my Pokemon.
Meloetta-V –In DW, it does get CC, so it is a little harder to deal with than Meloetta-S, but is overall easy to deal with.

Metagross –This guy is easy to KO with EQ and Fire Blast all over my team.

Mienshao –HJK, U-Turn, and Fake Out are all walled by Landorus and OHKOed by EQ or Psychic from Reuniclus, who won’t take much from U-Turn with all if the defensive EVs.

Reuniclus –Crunch from TTar, Landorus, Garchomp, and Excadrill after it is weakened can all KO it.

Roserade –This guy is a lead spiker/toxic spiker. Fire Blast from TTar kills it, and SS finishes its sash. Only one layer of hazards normally gets up.

Salamence –MixMence requires prediction, every other set is easily dealt with. Intimidate can be worked around, and Stone Edge rapes it.

Sawsbuck –It is only a threat in sun, and Reuniclus deals with it well.

Scizor –Choice Band isn’t that big of a deal as I can switch to wall the move it is locked into. SD is more of a problem with the ability to switch moves. TTar can always survive a hit and kill the metal bug with Fire Blast. Earthquake rips through it, particularly Excadrill who resists Bullet Punch and doesn’t take much from it.

Scrafty-This guy is hard if it gets set up, but is otherwise killed by Landorus, TTar Focus Punch and general muscling through it.

Seismitoad –This guy is easily KOes by my team, particularly Power Whip from Ferrothorn.

Serperior –This guy is a threat with Perversity. Leaf Storm boosts rack up. Fire Blast can normally finish it off, and X-Scissor from Excadrill kills weakened ones.

Shaymin –This guy is not very common, and Fire Blast plus general strength rip right through it.

Sigilyph –TTar with a sub up renders this guy basically useless with its Crunch and kills it. Also, Stone Edge wears it down.

Smeargle –Shell Pass is just strong, but I can normally get rid of the switch in. Smeargle itself is OHKOed by my entire team. Spore can be crippling, however.

Starmie –Starmie has a lot of coverage to hit almost my entire team super effectively. Ferrothorn walls and KOs it, TTar can survive any hit and kill it with Crunch, Garchomp can survive a hit and EQ, Reuniclus can set up on it, and Excadrill OHKOs with EQ. It isn’t much of a threat. HP Fire versions lose more to something else on my team as it loses a coverage move, rapid spin, or recover. Not a big deal.

Terakion –CC and SE are great STABs, but Reuniclus, Landorus, Garchomp, and Excadrill can all OHKO it with their respective STAB moves.

Thundurus –I don’t even understand why this guy is going uber. Excadrill is a hard counter to it in the sand. Garchomp can survive HP Ice with its Yache Berry and KO with Stone Edge. Reuniclus can survive any hit and KO with Psychic. Ferrothorn with my EVs always survives a Focus Blast and OHKOs.

Togekiss –This guy is annoying with Serene Grace paraflinch, but it is outsped by most of my team and KOed with Rock Slide/Stone Edge/Gyro Ball (under paraflinch).

Tornadus –Hurricane spam is all it can do. Same counters as Thundurus
apply.

Tyranitar –This guy is OHKOed by entire team.

Venusaur –This guy is only a threat in sun, but even then most of my pokes can survive a hit and KO with EQ or Fire Blast. Not a big deal.

Victini –Victini, Victini. This guy can’t break out of UU even with V-Create, TR V-Create, with the strongest STAB move ever in sun, even surpassing Explosion. Still, most of my team outspeeds and OHKOs.

Virizion –This guy is sort of a threat. HP Ice with Focus Blast, CM, and Giga Drain is mildly hard to deal with. For the most part, I can wear it down and kill it before major damage happens.

Volcarona –It needs two Quiver Dances up to be a threat, and even then Garchomp can survive a Bug Buzz and KO with Stone Edge.

Weavile –Weavile can only hurt with Ice Shard for my Ice weak and Night Slash for Reuniclus. It is not even remotely close to a threat.

Zoroark –This guy does have ok coverage, but is too frail to operate correctly against my team. Sometimes, in the heat of a battle, when I am not paying attention, it does something and hurts a Pokemon/kills Ferrothorn with Flamethrower. Otherwise, this guy is very easy to defeat.

Defensive Threats

Alomomola –This guy is pretty easy to muscle through. Rest Hydration can be annoying, but most of my 2HKOs it, so it is irrelevant.

Blissey –The only thing on my team that it walls is Reuniclus, who at plus 6 actually has a 100 percent chance of KOing every standard Blissey.

Bronzong –Bronzong is a pain. Only Fire Blast on my team is SE. Reuniclus can Focus Blast it for the OHKO on it at +6. Otherwise, I basically lose if I have neither of those Pokemon alive and my opponent still has a high health Bronzong. Fortunately, they are rare and both of those Pokemon are never dead at the same time for some reason.

Celebi –Celebi is basically death fodder against my team bar Reuniclus who can set up on it and then KO it.

Chansey –Chansey isn’t much harder than Blissey except for that most OHKOs or 2HKOs turn into 2HKOs or 3HKOs. Its defense is still bullshit so it dies to most of my team, and Reuniclus at least 2HKOs it and a lot of the time OHKOs it (at +6)

Deoxys-D –This guy just sucks. TTar, Landorus, Garchomp, and Excadrill can all KO it.

Cofagrigus –This guy isn’t very common and is easily KOed with EQ or Crunch, EQ favorably so that TTar doesn’t lose Sand Stream as his ability.

Crustle –This guy can only really shell break and set up hazards. It is set up fodder for Reuniclus, Garchomp, and Landorus who can all KO it before set up as well.

Dusclops –Eviolite Dusclops is screwed against TTar and Landorus EQs plus is a setup fodder for Landorus, Garchomp, and Reuniclus.

Ferrothorn –This guy is so easy to defeat it is sad. Every single one of my Pokemon except for my Ferrothorn at the very least 3HKOs it unboosted. When I am boosted, Ferrothorn is basically a death fodder.

Forretress –It is a lead, so it is limited to 1 layer of hazards, most likely Stealth Rock, via TTar’s Fire Blast. Only its Spikes are a problem, but it never gets up 3 layers. If it comes in late game after TTar is dead, it dies to most of my EQs assuming Sturdy is broken.

Garbodor –This guy is trash (pun intended). Toxic Spikes are useless against my team, and it is dead before anything happens.

Gigalith –This guy kills nothing on my team. EQ is super effective, and it can’t outspeed or OHKO near all of my Pokemon before it dies itself.

Gliscor –I hate Glisor. Or at least, I used to. TTar can wear it down with Fire Blast. Psychic from Reuniclus does a shit ton. HP Ice on Landorus is almost solely for Gliscor.

Hippowdon –I also used to hate Hippowdon. Fire Blast from TTar wears it down. Psychic from Reuniclus does a shit ton. Landorus 4HKOs with EQ and isn’t threatened by its moves unless it choses to carry Ice Fang over Slack Off, which makes it easier to kill in the first place without recovery.

Jellicent –Tyraniboah, physical attackers, Reuniclus, my entire team KOs this thing. Reuniclus absorbs its Will-o-Wisp and sets up on it. Shadow Ball does shit with CMs up.

Latias –Actually a fairly large threat. Almost all of them carry Psyshock, which makes Reuniclus lose the CM war. By best hopes are Landorus, Excadrill, or Tyranitar KOing it.

Mandibuzz –This guy is easily KOed by repeated Stone Edges.

Murkrow –Prankster can be annoying, but Stone Edge deals with it.

Ninetales –Landorus is my lead when I see this guy leading. Later in the game, I put up sand, switch into Landorus, they switch into their Landorus counter, and then I predict the switch into Ninetales and go for the Stone Edge just in case they are balloon. That strategy almost always works. Reuniclus setup fodder.

Politoed – Same as Ninetales, except with Garchomp instead of Landorus so that I don’t lose Landorus prematurely to the scarf set. Reuniclus setup fodder.

Porygon2 –This guy gets worn down by my team and is setup fodder for Reuniclus.

Rotom-H –This guy gets KOed by Stone Edge from my Pokes. Also, he is setup fodder for Reuniclus.

Rotom-W –Same as Rotom-H.

Scolipede –This guy is not a threat, he dies quickly to Stone Edge/Fire Blast.

Skarmory –Same as Bronzong and Gliscor actually. I used to hate it when TTar was dead and couldn’t Fire Blast it, but Reuniclus solves my problem with Skarmory.

Snorlax -Having Snorlax is begging to die against this team.

Suicune –Suicune is the same as Snorlax.

Swampert –Swampert is easily dealt with by Ferrothorn and just brute force that Swampert can no longer stand up to.

Tentacruel –Dead by EQ, my team doesn’t care about Toxic Spikes.

Vaporeon –This guy is a little difficult. Ones without Roar are set up on by Reuniclus. Power from EQs kills this thing. This one has some difficulty for me.

Whimsicott –Ferrothorn stops it dead. He might Encore me into Spikes or Gyro Ball. It is set up fodder for Reuniclus via Magic Guard. It is easy to kill.

Xatu –Magic Bounce is annoying for Ferrothorn trying to get hazards up. That’s it.

Zapdos –Stone Edge destroys it, Reuniclus sets up on it.

Anyways, that is the team. I hope the threat list and everything else I included with about the entry hazards and teambuilding process helps make this a team that is rated and made even better than it is.

Hi, Pokemon0078. I have a few suggestions for your team.

I would run Psyshock on Reuniclus so it wont be screwed in CM wars and so it isn't walled by Blissey, which can heal up after an unreliable 70 acc Focus Blast.

I would get rid of either Spikes or SR on Ferrothorn and replace it with Leech Seed. Ferrothorn will be takung a lot of hits, and it needs the extra HP recovery it provides when used with Leftovers.

Get rid of Stone Edge on Garchomp and put in Fire Fang or Fire Blast. Stone Edge doesn't give good coverage since it only hits Skarmiry neutrally and is resisted by bulky steels like Ferrothorn and Bronzong. EdgeQuake is a good combo, but you don't want to be walled by common steels.

For some reason, Scrafty seems to be a major problem for your team. It is able to hit 2/3 of your team super-effectively with its dual-STAB moves. If it sets up, you don't have much to do to it. On a side note, you really don't have any phazers to prevent your opponent from setting up. May I reccomend using Roar on Garchonp over Stone Edge or Fire Fang? Or you can consider Skarmory over Ferrothorn so you have a Entry Hazards set-up, and a Phazer. Its just a minor nitpick since I have had people set up on me, so phazers are really important when I give rates.

Skarmory @Shed Shell
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Hp/ 4 Def/ 252 SpD
Nature: Impish
- Whirlwind
- Spikes
- Roost
- Brave Bird

A final note, I don't see the need for Rapid Spin on Excadrill if Hazards don't really hurt your Pokemon. I suggest Swords Dance to replace it, its just my preferences though, stick to RS if it makes you feel safer.

Jukain

!_!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hi, Pokemon0078. I have a few suggestions for your team.

I would run Psyshock on Reuniclus so it wont be screwed in CM wars and so it isn't walled by Blissey, which can heal up after an unreliable 70 acc Focus Blast.

I would get rid of either Spikes or SR on Ferrothorn and replace it with Leech Seed. Ferrothorn will be takung a lot of hits, and it needs the extra HP recovery it provides when used with Leftovers.

Get rid of Stone Edge on Garchomp and put in Fire Fang or Fire Blast. Stone Edge doesn't give good coverage since it only hits Skarmiry neutrally and is resisted by bulky steels like Ferrothorn and Bronzong. EdgeQuake is a good combo, but you don't want to be walled by common steels.

For some reason, Scrafty seems to be a major problem for your team. It is able to hit 2/3 of your team super-effectively with its dual-STAB moves. If it sets up, you don't have much to do to it. On a side note, you really don't have any phazers to prevent your opponent from setting up. May I reccomend using Roar on Garchonp over Stone Edge or Fire Fang? Or you can consider Skarmory over Ferrothorn so you have a Entry Hazards set-up, and a Phazer. Its just a minor nitpick since I have had people set up on me, so phazers are really important when I give rates.

Skarmory @Shed Shell
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Hp/ 4 Def/ 252 SpD
Nature: Impish
- Whirlwind
- Spikes
- Roost
- Brave Bird

A final note, I don't see the need for Rapid Spin on Excadrill if Hazards don't really hurt your Pokemon. I suggest Swords Dance to replace it, its just my preferences though, stick to RS if it makes you feel safer.
Psyshock sounds like an ok idea on Reuniclus. I'll try it, though I lose the ability to hit Conkeldurr for the OHKO without setting up. Testing of that will begin, though.
Also, I think that it is a good idea to give Garchomp Fire Blast as I am running SD Yache. The only reason I didn't have Fire Fang or Blast was because I used to run non SD Yachechomp. I needed more power, but I realize that it works better. Fire Blast over Fire Fang because Fire Fang requires plus 2 to be a 2-3HKO, Fire Blast has the same results immediately. On a side note about a phazer, Garchomp is going to become a Hippowdon once Garchomp is inevitably banned. However, for the time being, I like the idea of being able to phaze pokemon who set up. Ferrothorn has to stay, I can't stand even max max Skarmory's special defense. Ferrothorn has to be a mixed wall and retaliate for good damage. Skarmory does not fulfill that purpose. I have been considering something over Landorus for a long time, it dies when it is crucially needed. I would use a phazer over Landorus, most likely.
In summary: Fire Blast over Stone Edge on Garchomp. Test Psyshock for a few days on Reuniclus. Test Sigilyph over Landorus. Also, I am going to test a different Tyranitar set, the mixed attacker, so I can have rocks still. I'll get back to you later on the results.

Jukain

!_!
i didn't need a phazer i found out i tried all of your suggestions, and Psyshock isn't working for me like I needed it to. I haven't kept any changes except for Fire Blast on Garchomp which works

Jukain

!_!
ok rater people chomp is banned, I just found out. so the deal is, I need a replacement for Garchomp. I am thinking Latios, Conkeldurr, Hippowdon, Gliscor, or Jellicent. I really need help. Oh and bump. I need some rates people.

BUMP

Jukain

!_!
sorry for triple posting but I have made massive changes to the team. I have decided to give Specs Latios a spin over Garchomp. Reuniclus, because of weakness stacking with Latios and that it just wasn't doing its job, has been replaced with Gliscor. Landorus is also set out to be replaced, but I need some help there. Jellicent, Conkeldurr, and Hippowdon just don't fit with the team. Tyranitar has had his set changed to the mixed attacker. Gliscor is SD, Fling, Acrobatics, and EQ, the standard Fling set.
I NEED A LAST SLOT VERY BADLY. I also need rates, this will be my second bump here.

Jukain

!_!
i did max212, i added on latios, gliscor, and terrakion. for a little while i tested dnite, sigilyph, mence, latias, so many things, but I am set with specs latios, fling gliscor, and double dancer terrakion. Hippowdon was also a piece of shit and dead weight. I made Tyranitar into MixTar so I could keep Stealth Rock and Spikes and add Curse to Ferrothorn. Just the recent changes.

Lord Wallace

Hentai Connoiseur
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
This team honestly kicks ass even though I find Sandstorm unappealing. Just a few things: Youre very MixApe and MixLucario weak. A naive Luc will wreck your team except for Gliscor,and Ape can Fire Blast in it's face. Lucario Dark Pulses Latios to death if you give it the chance. This is easily fixed by replacing specs with Soul Dew. The ability to switch moves
is priceless,cuz if you get locked
into Draco and Luc switches in it's done. And with Dew it can take Dark Pulse better. CCbat from either Ape or Luc takes Tyranitar down and you dint have anyone else setting up Sandstorm so the opponent can easily put up their own weather and screw this team. Terrakion needs a bulkier EV spread if he wants to set up I think,perhaps max HP and a split in Attack and Speed and replace Life Orb with Leftovers so it can actually live to set up and sweep. Either give Ttar a bulkier set and no Boah or get another sand supporter (Sandstorm on Gliscor? Hippowdon?) pretty good team though

Jukain

!_!
This team honestly kicks ass even though I find Sandstorm unappealing. Just a few things: Youre very MixApe and MixLucario weak. A naive Luc will wreck your team except for Gliscor,and Ape can Fire Blast in it's face. Lucario Dark Pulses Latios to death if you give it the chance. This is easily fixed by replacing specs with Soul Dew. The ability to switch moves
is priceless,cuz if you get locked
into Draco and Luc switches in it's done. And with Dew it can take Dark Pulse better. CCbat from either Ape or Luc takes Tyranitar down and you dint have anyone else setting up Sandstorm so the opponent can easily put up their own weather and screw this team. Terrakion needs a bulkier EV spread if he wants to set up I think,perhaps max HP and a split in Attack and Speed and replace Life Orb with Leftovers so it can actually live to set up and sweep. Either give Ttar a bulkier set and no Boah or get another sand supporter (Sandstorm on Gliscor? Hippowdon?) pretty good team though
First of all, MixApe and MixLuc aren't run together. Both are outsped and OHKOed by Latios. Latios is now Life Orb, first of all. Also, my Latios moveset is Surf/Draco Meteor/Tbolt/HP Fire. Latios resists CC, Overheat, Grass Knot, and Mach Punch, there is like no Pokemon on my team it is going to go for Stone Edge on, and U-Turn won't even near kill. I outspeed and OHKO with Surf. Lucario isn't even common at all. Close Combat, like Infernape, is resisted. Ice Punch doesn't kill, even after LO damage. Dark Pulse isn't going to kill 256 special defense. Stone Edge also won't kill, does less damage than Ice Punch. Dark Pulse won't kill. Crunch I think kills though, but most MixLuc run Dark Pulse. Vacuum Wave doesn't even do close to like any damage. Almost all Lucario in existence right now are 1) outclassed by Infernape and 2) Almost all run SD or Nasty Plot, not Mix. Therefore my team is not very weak to those two at all. Also, in case you didn't look, Tyranitar is MixTar. I don't think I require any changes. My only problem is set up sweepers and Cosmic Power Sigilyph. Apparently Espeon, who also sets up screens, gets Roar now. Suggestions on who to replace? Also, on a side note, double dance Terrakion doesn't use a bulky EV spread, check the analysis. He forces so many switches that it is ridiculous. Also, he survives like every special hit (special defense boost), doesn't have problems with outspeeding things (Rock Polish and 108 Speed), and doesn't have problems with hitting hard (SD and high attack in general).

Jukain

!_!
Ok, so this team obviously has a problem. I need a replacement for Excadrill after its recent banning. I want something fast, something that can murder things, and something that fits the team. I don't really know, I kind of am thinking about bulky DDnite. Any ideas? Some other thoughts include Starmie and Jolteon. Thoughts?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)