Disgaea 4, Dood!

The most wicked awesome game thread on smogon, dood!

Disgaea 4 Official Website

Disgaea 4: A Promise Unforgotten is a 2011 Tactical role-playing video game for the PlayStation 3 and is the fourth in the Disgaea series by Nippon Ichi Software. The game tells the story of Valvatorez (a vampire boy), Fenrich (a boy with wolf-like traits), and Fuuka (a girl with a Prinny-themed school uniform). NIS America has also stated in their latest Prinny Bomb Newsletter; vol #76, that Disgaea 4 will be coming to North America during Q2/Q3 2011. (September)
Disgaea has never really been too popular in North America, and quite frankly I'll mostly be buying this game for more Prinnies. Nippon Ichi is a very traditional developer, stubbornly traditional. This is really what's holding the series back. I adored the first two Disgaea's. They were two of the best RPGs last generation. Disgaea 3 was essentially the same as the first two, and the series ultimately struggled to find a place in this generation. Disgaea 4 seemingly hopes to remedy this to an extent, but I fear it's far too little, too late. Regardless, I'll definitely be buying the game just because I love the humor, hundreds of hours I'll probably inject into it, and the Prinnies. The glorious, bountiful Prinnies.

Anyways, I was curious to see who was looking forward to this game/what they're looking forward to/etc.

It probably will be. If it's anything like Disgaea 3. I'll stand by and love and hype my garbage though.

Disgaea 3 was fairly good. Disgaea 4's new features don't look all that interesting to me though, so I'll probably wait for the price to go down a bit instead of buying at launch.

If there's one thing I'd like them to add, it's better postgame content; usually there are a couple of levels that are fun to do, and then nothing but one big grind until baal or rehashed versions of story levels or w/e.

i saw a preview of it and it looked like it recieved a lot of reception from it. I think it looks fun to at least try, since I've never played before ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)