Goku Vs. Superman

Goku vs. Superman. Who would win?

• Goku

Votes: 112 70.9%
  • Superman

Votes: 46 29.1%

• Total voters

Which one will win in a fight? Honestly i feel goku should come out on top. Superman is maybe as strong as vegeta saga goku. Superman has alot of physical talent and endurance but in a fight once goku gets hurt he will always come back and be 20-50 times stronger due to the boost.

Discuss

inb4 the lock
inb4 shitty thread
inb4 (BAN ME PLEASE)

cookie

my wish like everyone else is to be seen
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
who would win in a fight: christopher reeve or stephen hawking

FlareBlitz

Relaxed nature. Loves to eat.
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Goku. Superman sucks. He has a really stupid, insurmountable weakness that every single one of his enemies take advantage of. Goku would just need to grab superman and teleport somewhere with kryptonite and he wins instantly. Goku sucks too but at least he isn't weak to a rock. WHAT IS HE, A BUG TYPE

A much more interesting fight would be goku v darth revan.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
I think I read in the pokedex that he's actually a flying type.

However, this can only end in a stalemate.

Goku easily. Instant Transmission to grab some Kryptonite and its GG. If he doesn't know where it is he just wishes some up, evading Superman with hax teleportation skills.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
The whole kryptonite argument is always pretty weak considering that it's track record. Not saying Goku wouldn't win, he totally would. You see at least in the DCU we pretend that guys like Bruce Wayne are equals to Superman. But think about it in Dragonball terms. In Dragonball Bruce Wayne would be Krillin. So we can pretend that Superman and Batman can be on the same superhero team and contribute just as much and we all know one is stronger, but you don't get even the pretense between Goku and Krillin.

is this a joke I love how people still debate over this Goku I dont even know if he would have to go ssj considering he basically gets as good or better then superman in the goku vs piccolo fight seriously people come on XD

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
The better question is who would win in a fight between Goku and the Hulk. Both of them only get stronger when beaten so...

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
is a Community Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
Both these people as far as I can tell are wildly inconsistent with how strong they actually are. But Superman is also has the power of super-science. I have little doubt that if Goku and Superman were to fight, no matter how much stronger Goku might be (and that really isnt clear at all) Superman would have some kind of absurd plan or device that would guarantee his victory.

Goku could probably get some kryptonite, but Superman would have anticipated Goku's exact plan and would have some way around it, because this is the kind of super deduction Superman does all the time.

Have a nice day.

Both these people as far as I can tell are wildly inconsistent with how strong they actually are.
This is true, however as someone who has actually bothered to read up on superman, I can say that the superman shown in recent cartoons/movies is nowhere near how strong he has been shown to be in the comics. I'd wager that any fan of both anime/manga and comics would say that peak superman is stronger than even SS4 Gogeta or whatever.

Goku > Frieza. Frieza blew up planets therefore Goku can blow up planets. Can Superman do that?
Btw superman (iirc it was silver age superman) once accidentally sneezed away a galaxy

EDIT: http://www.comicvine.com/superman/29-1807/superman-feat-thread/92-23326/

hopefully that will put an end to this debate. when i was younger i thought that goku was stronger too.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This thread can only conclude in answering this question:

Superman or Goku, which is more popular? (awesome?)

I think we know the answer.

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
is a Community Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
Actually I dont like either of them, they both suffer painfully bad cases of deus ex machina, only people underestimate to what extent that really does apply to superman.

The only real appeal in superman is the fact that he is so broken, it is interesting to see what kind of challenges people can come up with for him to have to face.

Have a nice day.

Superman got

-Infinite Strength
-Can fly 15 time faster than light
-Is 10 times smarter than a human
-kryptonite can't do shit to it right now
-Heat Vision which can destroy planets, and burn the atmosphere
-Invulnerability
-Immunity to energy
-Is pretty much immortal

So yeah, Goku will toootally beat him <-<

I love Goku, but he's no match for Supes, that bastard is just WAAAAAAAY too powerful
Don't understimate Superman, he's incredibly powerful, he's stronger than Goku so he can't beat Supes by hand, and he's also immune to energy so no Kamehameha, no Genkidama, etc

Only magic can beat Superman

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)