Apprentice Program: Round Fifty One

Status
Not open for further replies.
ASSIGNED TO B-Lulz

Username: Tan
Shoddy/PO Username: Tan, Josephkid
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: US Central, 8:00PM-2:00AM
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU/BW UU.
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm Asian(Filipino-Chinese), been around Smogon since 2007, but I was more of noob. I have improved my competitive battling over the years and wish to improve further.

Edit: If Smith gets accepted as a tutor, he has agreed to tutor me.

ASSIGNED TO Eternal

Username:sworm09
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Ciliano
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST, 10:00am to 5:00 pm
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU/ BW UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been battling for about a year, but I still need some help to really get into things.

Username: YTP
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: YTP.
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Eastern. I'm available pretty much all day since its summer (no school)
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I do have battling experience and I consider myself a slightly above average player. However, my hiatus from pokemon has left me pretty vulnerable in this current metagame. I'm looking for help in prediction and basic-advanced teambuilding.

elDino

Deal With It.
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
CPed from last round.

Username: elDino
PO Username: elDino
Timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +8, All day weekends, afternoons on weekdays.
What tier do you want to learn: BW OU, BW Ubers, BW LC, DPP OU, ADV OU. Eveything I can!
About me: I'm an English student living in Asia, and I picked up competitive Pokemon about a year ago. I've never really been any good, and I really want to get better! I'm also contributing to C&C a lot, and I really want to get more into the Smogon community.
Also, I'm very academic, but I also take part in a lot of sports. I recently represented my school at SEAMC (South East Asia Mathematics Competition), which was a really great thing. I'm also in my schools football (soccer) team, and I enjoy playing golf for leisure.

Heist will be tutoring me until I win a tourney battle!

ASSIGNED TO am

Username: DarthChocoboz
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: DarthChocoboz
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT 10:00am - 21:00pm
What tier do you want to learn? BW OU/ BW Ubers
Tell us a little about yourself: Im irish 14, so naturally just thinks about girls and pokemon all day, i am generally standard player and like to "Whore" but i use some lessser known sets/pokes etc [Ubers Scizor in OU or something]

Username: No. 1 Machop Fan
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: No. 1 Machop Fan
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+10
What tier do you want to learn?: BW Little Cup
Tell us a little about yourself: Rather than going head-to-head with power, I prefer to play tricks on my opponent, and use their own moves against them! I also love Machops and hate Scraggies.

ghost

formerly goldenghost
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
LC Leader
Username: Ulysses
Pokemon Online: Ulysses
Time zone and availability: GMT -6; 9:00 AM to 11:00 PM
Tier: BW OU
Tell us about yourself: I'm Ulysses and I've been on Smogon a couple of years now and I've always been really into the competitive battling scene. However, I seem to have lost my touch back in 4th gen. Emphasis on team-building would be much appreciated. I would like to earn suspects and stand out of the crowd.

hamiltonion

Nostalgic
is a Contributor to Smogonis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Username: barry4ever
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: barry4ever
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +5:30. I usually on from around 3p.m to about 9 p.m.
Tell us a little about yourself: I live in India and am a normal kid who loves playing Pokemon and being cooped up in Uber C&C.

peng

hivemind leader
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
ASSIGNED TO SkyNet

Username: PenguinX
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: PenguinX., pongroonz
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT. Normally available in the afternoon on weekdays, and most of the day on weekends.
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a long-time Smogon lurker, but have never been a regular poster. Been playing competitively since late 2008, but I've struggled a bit in the transition from DPP to BW.

I dunno if we can request tutors, but if we can, I'm requesting Nachos, SkyNet or Twash since I know them pretty well from other forums/IRC channels.

ASSIGNED TO EspyJoel

Username: Vulgo
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Vulgo
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -3, 19:30 - 22:30
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU, BW UU, DPP OU, DPP UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm from Brazil, long-time lurker, and not a regular poster. Playing competitively since last year, i want to learn what i can from DPP OU/UU and BW OU/UU (we aren't using BW here yet, but i want to get used to the metagame).

Username: Tortferngatr
Pokemon Online Username: HyperNeya, FRIGGIN OKAMI (my troll account)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-5, I.E. EST. Normally available in that timezone between 1-10 PM.
What tier do you want to learn?: Primarily, BW OU. Secondarily, information on how to adapt to a new metagame. Thirdly (optionally) BW UU, fourthly (also optionally) BW RU.
Tell us a little about yourself: Currently a sophomore in high school in Greater Cincinnati. Likes math and Java programming (although fairly new to it).

I attempted to get into the Pt OU metagame, but after several failed attempts to get a tutor (failed mostly due to timing issues), I decided to wait for BW to avoid being in the "generation gap" situation ADV players I heard faced in DPP OU.

This approach backfired, thanks to many Gen IV concepts being far more applicable to Gen V than Gen III to Gen IV, especially early Gen V-and after several times in which I abused a stereotypical rain team at about an 1100 rating (and had many lulz using Drain Punch SD Ludicolo against Ferrothorns), I got out of the loop. Since then I've made a random troll team at the end of the UU suspect test.

I would like to get back in the game. I would prefer being tutored by someone who has played many metagames (and thusly knows how to adapt to different metagames) but has particular skill at B/W. Would also prefer a well-known tutor with a good rating-but doesn't everybody?

Also, I was waitlisted for the past three rounds.

Username: TheMogRunner
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Mog or Lord Mog
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -4, usually 7 - 8 (am) I'm open and Friday I'm open practically the whole day.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU, or BW UU
Tell us a little about yourself: Well, I like Pokemon but always seem to get my but whipped. I prefer strategy to luck based games.

Username: iFly
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: iFly
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: I'm Eastern Time [GMT -5], I'm off school so pretty much... in the mornings until about noon and in the afternoons as well.
What tier do you want to learn?: DPP OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been here a while (-ish) and I've got loads of my own RNG abused Pokemon with nothing to battle with! In addition, I'm not so great on Pokemon Online, with teambuilding, etc. I want to learn DPP OU because I'm not too fond of the B/W metagame, as well.

ASSIGNED TO SkyNet

Username: Veevee
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Boss Mistress
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT 0, After 2pm
What tier do you want to learn?: BW LC, BW RU
Tell us a little about yourself: Been playing the game for a while and got bored of OU so wanted to try out a different tier. Love cute Pokémon so LC seems perfect!!!!

ASSIGNED TO Haunter

Username: Chileno4Live
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Xyronith
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +1, After 4pm
Tell us a little about yourself: Playing this competitively since DPP, retired for a couple of months so got lost in this new metagame. I'd like to have some help with BW metagame.

a fairy

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
Username: Lady Salamence
Shoddy/PO Username: Lady Salamence
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST, usually 7-9:30
What tier do you want to learn?: DPP OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a 15 years old, and want to improve my DPP OU skills.

My preferred tutor would be Faladran again, if possible.

toshimelonhead

Honey Badger don't care.
is a Tiering Contributor
Username: toshimelonhead
Shoddy/PO Username: toshimelonhead
Timezone: Central, available 6-11 PM, some morning times
What tier would you want to learn?: BW OU, BW UU
Bio: I am a college student at the University of Wisconsin looking to earn some suspect nominations. Emphasis on team building would be greatly appreciated. I have been on Smogon for over a year and a half now and I'm looking to get my game to an elite level.

Username:dsdelinquent
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: delinquent
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:GMT-9 Alaska time. Almost all day at work and after 8pm at night
What tier do you want to learn?: B/W OU, B/W UU, VGC 2011
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a computer network engineer for the government so im on the computer pretty much all day. I'm brand new to the competitive scene, but i'm eager to learn everything i can. I learn extremely fast and enjoy talking strategy. Emphasis on team building, prediction strategy would be appreciated.

Username: GlassAbsol
PO Username: GlassAbsol
Timezone and Hours available: GMT (+1 BST), about 6pm-10pm, Generally not Saturday nights
What Tier do you want to learn?: BW OU/Ubers (don't mind)
Tell us a wee bit aboot yoursel': Well, I'm a year 12 or Lower 6, I'm not sure what that is in America but I've just sat my AS level Qualifications and hope to go to Uni to study physics. I've been a massive fan of Pokemon since being a little kid, but since it's not particularly popular any more in England I've done very little battling with friends. I've not been hugely in to competitive battling until about a year and a half ago when I discovered Serebii.net, read up on all of the mechanics of the game. Having read the PotW articles I realised how fun it looked, but I needed more. I found Smogon and I've loved it since. I know a lot about pokemon and I'm good at synergy, I just need help on Teambuilding. I keep missing the Battling 101 sign ups though, and I'm probably too late this time too, but ah well. I'd love to improve basically.

Also If he is a full tutor, I would like to request Twash as we have similar Interests.

Username: GokartMozart
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Mozart, Imbadatpokemon
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -4, usually free most of the day, more specifically afternoons and evenings
Tell us a little about yourself: I have played on and off since the very beginning, and just within the last couple of years got back into Pokemon; it's fun and fun to play competitively. Unfortunately as my usernames for PO suggest, I have very little self confidence in my abilities, and I constantly make mistakes and wrong plays in online matches. I'd like to get those out of the way, just having some general guidelines on how to play better.

Username: RedMeowth
Pokemon Online Handle: Ryu-Kage
Timezone: Eastern Time (GMT / UTC -5), I'm usually free 7PM to midnight on most nights except Tuesday and Friday, and during all of the weekdays I'm free from noon to 3 as well.
Preferred Metagame: BW OU, DPPt OU, DPPt UU, BW UU (in order of preferrence)
More about me: Well, I'm already good at 4th Gen, at least among my friends from school. I have battled a little in Black and White through Pokemon Online, but not too many battles. In fact, I haven't really played BW since Round 2, where I had a rain team. If I'm signed up for BW, I want to make a team that I can later make and use on my DS games but aren't too sure where to start, although Team Layla is looking REALLY good (with another Grass-type to replace Sky Shaymin). If I'm doing 4th Gen instead, that'd be nice, too. It's familiar to me, though it might be nice to try some BL Pokemon in OU. BW UU I have listed just because Victini is still UU for now.

I typically prefer Offense over Stall, though having an entry hazard or two to help my main sweepers is always nice.

Username: Heathcliff Huxtable
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Heathcliff_Huxtable
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: PST (GMT -7), 10:00 AM - 10:00 PM most days
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU, DPP OU, or ADV OU (tiers listed in order of preference)
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a 19 year old college sophomore who enjoys watching football, playing competitive Pokemon, and spending time with friends/family/etc. I would like to learn about team building and in-battle strategies from an experienced battler in either the BW or the DPPt Standard OU metagame. I'm already familiar with most of the basics of competitive Pokemon, but I think I need help improving my overall level of skill and learning about more advanced concepts

Requesting Seven Deadly Sins or undisputed if available

Username: Darthenos
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Darthenos
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -4 I am availible 11:00 AM-3PM EST
What tier do you want to learn?: Gen V OU
Tell us a little about yourself: My real name is Vader, so I felt Darthenos, or Darth for short, was appropriate. Only recently I have entered the fray of competetive pokemon and I really like it. I can make OK teams I guess, but I really want to be able to make them more effective in the ever changing metagame. I would aslo really like to be able to predict more accurately. With the ladder reset, I have been hovering in the 100-200 at high 1100's so I guess I am average or a little above it.

Delko agreed to Tutor me if he got accepted although if he is taken I will really take anyone, I just want to get better and be more involved with this communnity.

Username: shampoo
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Ecstasy
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -7, 5pm-9pm weekdays,
5pm-whenever weekends.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU, BW Ubers, BW UU (order of pref.)
Tell us a little about yourself: Got into competitive battling a couple months ago. Need help greatly with team building, etc.

Username: Winters Zombie
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: [VGC] Winters Zombie
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: -1000 GMT (Hawaiin). Most days I am available 4pm to 1am. Except Wednesdays. Wednesdays I am unavailable.
What tier do you want to learn?: B/W UU / 4th Gen OU
Tell us a little about yourself: My name is David. I am 18 years old currently residing within the BEAUTIFUL state of Hawaii. I am finishing up my last year of high school, can't wait to be done! I enjoy playing soccer, helping out in Children's Ministry at my church, and competitive Pokemon, even though I'm not all that great. I've been playing Pokemon (again) since the release of HGSS. In August, I participated in VGC 2010 in Kona, Hawaii. I made top 9 Nationals, and 31st in Worlds. Don't ask me how, luck? A blessing? I have no clue. I could blabber on about my boring life, but who wants to read it?

I'd prefer Seven Deadly Sin as my tutor, but if unavailable anyone else is more than fine with me :D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)