Media Minecraft Discussion Thread

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
is a Pokemon Researcher
I found something beautiful while exploring today

Yes, these are all different angles, pretty much non-overlapping. I also left them there to continue growing.

It was awe-inspiring.

I found something beautiful while exploring today

Yes, these are all different angles, pretty much non-overlapping. I also left them there to continue growing.

It was awe-inspiring.
I admire your appreciation of nature. However, the same doesn't go for me....

I didn't harvest all of them, because I was afraid of random mobs and I hate exploring alone. Anyway, the coordinates of the cave are around +286 -688; the cave is absolutely MASSIVE and extends underneath my fortress. There's also a nearby exposed bit, which was filled up by sand. It seems that this part of the world was generated before 1.3_01...

Great pics Dan, I think they show that The Flatlands can stand up there with the other settlements and should be put in the spotlight a bit more HINT HINT

I might do an image dump of my tower soon, since even though it's no masterpiece and not much in size compared to other things, I don't think too many of you will be too disappointed by it :)

EDIT: time for img dump

The following are pictures of my first and only abode in Smogcraft in The Flatlands.

That's it for now, might make another post if I expand on anything.

...so could someone point out the red line to me on the map? I can't find it...
^ - I did ask about this, and I still can't find it...
...if you want, just tell me in text, I can follow directions.
Mainly I'm looking for S Station, but Dino Land/Valley would be nice, too...

Guys we should have a creeper hugging contest. 2x2x2 pits are dug in the ground and players work in teams of 2. One of them lures a creeper, one shoots it out of its detection range so it stops moving and doesn't explode. Whichever team can push the most creepers into their pit by the end of the night wins.

WHOS WITH ME

Hey guys.

Looking for ideas for my next project.

I'm going to finish my tower in New Haven, but after that I have no idea what to do. Got any feedback?

Might try to make a Tynamo sprite by my little wooden bungalow near LSB. Also thinking of making Mumbo's Skull (from Banjo Kazooie) in someone's community -- who wants it? :P

Definitely want to do something with the borg cube -- if anyone has some pretty pixel art I can recreate on the tree-farm side of the cube, please share it with me!

In case anyone is wondering why Firestix (me) hasn't been on Minecraft lately, it's because the only computer that minecraft can be played on decently has been infected with a virus and had to be reformatted. I'll be online as soon as i can, i just won't be able to go online for a couple of days.

So... Live long and prosper, and whatever.

Hey guys.

Looking for ideas for my next project.

I'm going to finish my tower in New Haven, but after that I have no idea what to do. Got any feedback?

Might try to make a Tynamo sprite by my little wooden bungalow near LSB. Also thinking of making Mumbo's Skull (from Banjo Kazooie) in someone's community -- who wants it? :P

Definitely want to do something with the borg cube -- if anyone has some pretty pixel art I can recreate on the tree-farm side of the cube, please share it with me!
Giant underwater city!

Dear everyone that encouraged Adell to burn down the boat I was building in OPLV:
I am not cleaning up the cluster-fuck of floating wood blocks and waterfalls that are now right next to our main square. So the "eye-sore" you saw fit to destroy is now ten times worse. Congratulations.

Can we not use this topic to whine about not changing your password and not hiding your shit properly. If you have an issue with griefing or stealing, please PM me, forks or Xaqwais and we will try to deal with it.

Well, there are like a billion towns spread out, the most budding currently is likely OPLV or New Venice.

I'd suggest following the road East of spawn for BML since it's easy to get to (no 15 minute minecart ride) and there's a lot of land there. It's where all the cool kids are, anyway.

HolyChipmunk

California's finest chodesmuggler
Well, there are like a billion towns spread out, the most budding currently is likely OPLV or New Venice.

I'd suggest following the road East of spawn for BML since it's easy to get to (no 15 minute minecart ride) and there's a lot of land there. It's where all the cool kids are, anyway.
You can't forget bonerville!
EDIT:
Can't double post, so I'm gonna make this into something of two different posts.

I'm currently working on Creeper County, finished part 1:

A supposedly once active city, it's now deserted after many creeper attacks.
The old minecart system from Bonerville still runs here. Now empty, it seems to be hiding something. But what?

Okay that was kinda really cheesy.
Anyways, I plan on having a secret passageway from the abandoned city to the 'Creeper Capitol', a huge hidden city, where the creepers live on, waiting for more humans to blow up.

Yeah. That's Part 2.

EDITEDIT: The town itself isn't very nice looking, but I think that screenshot is making it look even worse. I'll upload some more later, but for now, you guys should go check it out yourself! It's near Bonerville, which is near Blue Moon Lagoon. Bring a boat.
Don't steal my minecarts. >:(

Just saw the piston update video, sticky pistons look amazing, especially for that hidden door. Finally a use for slimeballs (even though I dont have any)!

Can't wait to play around with those once they are implemented. This would also make for some pretty cool platforming stuff, where you can have a piston holding up a block at the surface of lava and then pulling it back down at intervals and what not. Assuming of course that the pistons are inflammable. Also finally toggleable bridges over water and lava!

internet

no longer getting paid to moderate
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
you could also mess with sticky pistons to make elevators if you're good with redstone, as it seems now.

noobster

space cowboy
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnuswon the 2nd Official Smogon Tournament
i found what looks like a pretty hefty series of caverns under my house and i want a buddy to explore it with me!

i got through the first couple of levels, but i'm pretty scurred of what lies ahead. (already got ambushed once by a zombie from a random hole in the ceiling...)

This thread needs to be higher, but it would be stupid to just bump a thread randomly, so i like everything i've seen of the pistons. The thing that sells it out for me is that it can block water, so you can make a stream of water come out willingly. My dreams of reenacting Indiana Jones in Minecraft are slowly becoming a reality...

Some weird glitch happened with my dog, and it got stuck inside a block of glass. Now that's odd but possible, but weird shit happened...

This dog just wouldn't die! I hit it with arrows, an iron sword... But nothing happened. The arrows bounced off and the sword didn't hit anything, so I had no choice but to entomb it in its glass prison.

You can see the invincible dog at the coordinates:
Code:
x=246 y=116 z=-731
It's in my mountaintop mansion; feel free to enter.

I would like to say officially that the computer is good now, and i can go back on Minecraft.

Then again, some of you may have known this already because i was on there yesterday, but now it's official!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)