Overall: Boobs+!!

The one in the back reminds me of that one Megaman Zero boss (that gets OHKOed with Hx's tornado attack in ZX, lawl).

Also, I had a thought: What if the Sevii Islands actually are based on Hawaii? Could be worth another look for a Smog article.

Beautiful stuff as always. Forget Battling 101, I can never get hooked up...we need Art 101 for all the people that want to sprite/draw/etc but don't have the skills or equipment necessary.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm feeling awkward updating my aquarium thread in a forum, so I'm going to post this update here instead :P

more pictures <3 last pictures before the huge trim I did yesterday.

I've been getting some dust algae that I couldn't clean from the gravel so the gravel looks kinda reddish. Released 5 Otocinclus 2 days ago :3

Rosy Bitterling male:

I'm pretty happy with the work I've done on the foreground since the first pics.

I removed one of the large rocks on the right side-- I felt that there wasn't enough contrast in rock size, and this made all the rocks look smaller (by comparison to each other). It also cluttered the foreground. By replacing the rock with a much smaller (yet still sizable compared to the gravel) rock, I created contrast of size that makes the bigger rocks look bigger, and also improves the overall balance of the hardscape. Finally, this smaller rock cuts a more distinct line between foreground and midground.

The next thing I did was add more river gravel to the left, and left front areas of the foreground. You'll notice in the earliest pics, there's only sand at the base of the large left side rock. Since pure sand = flowing water (it gives that impression), the "river" of sand was contextually confusing since it has no general direction but is just kind of "there." This makes for little movement or interest, and no dynamic quality to the foreground. By adding more gravel to the left side, a "flow" is defined for the sand, and two distinct "banks" of a river are made.

With these two very subtle changes, I think the foreground was dramatically improved.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

More messing around, this time with Hikaru from HikaGo. It's not as exciting as Misty but then very little excites me that much

Lemonade

WOOPAGGING
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
OH MY GOD I absolutely love the landscape on Goodbye Winter God (*has a thing for waterfalls) how do you do that I wanna learn.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
you guys have no taste in women and this is why:

But the main concern I have is that this change is the following caricature. There's the business "Smogon", and in the halls and everywhere around, people are at work. Sometimes, director chaos walks in and out. He never really checks out the workplaces, he goes straight to his office and closes the door, sometimes he writes up some policy changes and puts them on the notice board. But no one really cares, for reasons mentioned before. Then one day, the people of Smogon decide chaos isn't a very sufficient director for the place. His lack of active leadership has already lead them to put in leaders of certain aspects of the Smogon machine: CAP, Smog, server, etc. One of these guys is Doug. The people in the Smogon factory like Doug as a leader so much that he is even instated as de facto leader of the place, and chaos hands them some of his keys. Not his own office key though for some reason, but oh well.

chaos is away more than ever, and one day Doug raises concern about why chaos is still getting paid for all the work everyone is doing. Some kind of half assed strike goes on for a while, and then chaos comes barging in. He announces a bunch of policy changes out of the blue, including those that have nothing to do with the problems at hand. He also announces he's essentially replacing himself (and therefore Doug) with two people who ALSO haven't checked out the work places lately. It's not looking very promising.

me--> get back from america, ooh chou's updated his thread, any more cool art or aquarium stuff, ooh look a hide tag, let's open it...
the...
wow

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)