Launcher Battle Metagame (GBU)

Is Launcher Battle useless?

• Total voters
I'm suprised that no one mention this yet. But anyways for those who don't know what Launcher Battle is, it's exactly the same as Triple Battles but your allowed to use the Wonder Launcher. The Wonder Launcher is a device that allows you the use items varying from Potions to Max Revives.

So what do you people think? Do you think that Launcher Battle is useless or not? I think it's fun because the use of items just makes the battles longer which is good (well for me). I added a poll for the question that's underlined.

Also here is the list of items that you can use in the Wonder Launcher for those who don't know.

Item Urge -It activates the teamate's held item immediately when used.
Potion
Ability Urge - It activates teamate's ability when used.
Dire Hit
Guard Spec.
X Accuracy
X Attack
X Defend
X Sp. Def
X Special
X Speed
Super Potion
Ice Heal
Antidote
Awakening
Parlyz Heal
Burn Heal
Item Drop- Its teamate loses the held item when used.
X Speed 2
X Special 2
X Sp. Def 2
X Defend 2
X Attack 2
X Accuracy 2
Full Heal
X Speed 3
X Special 3
X Attack 3
X Accuracy 3
Dire Hit 3
Hyper Potion
Reset Urge- Returns stats back to normal when used.
Max Potion
Revive
Ether
X Speed 6
X Special 6
X Sp. Def 6
X Defend 6
X Attack 6
X Accuracy 6
Full Restore
Max Revive

EDIT: Sorry for not adding this information at first. When using the Wonder Launcher you get points for every turn that passes. For example, once all my pokemons have executed their moves that is one turn thus giving me one point. The list above is from lowest to highest points so Item Urge only cost a few points while Max Revive cost 14 points. (14 Points is the maximum and you can't gain anymore one it reaches 14 points).

Triple Battles are fun. =) Unless everyone sends out a pokemon that had the ability Intimidate. =O That would be torture!!

Technicaly speaking, this is the Infared Battle Metagame.

and i think it is the best Meta behind Wi-Fi(only one where your opponent can't see your team? that's a huge-ass plus!)

I don't know why you said its only Triples, you can turn on Wonder Launcher for any Wi-Fi battle, doesn't that make them launcher battles too? And on the subject, stall is just plain broken in this meta. Getting back a poke for 14 turns of stalling? Yes. Please.

I don't know why you said its only Triples, you can turn on Wonder Launcher for any Wi-Fi battle, doesn't that make them launcher battles too? And on the subject, stall is just plain broken in this meta. Getting back a poke for 14 turns of stalling? Yes. Please.
I'm only referring to Global Battle Union or Random Matchups but any battles are Launcher Battles if its on.

It's not broken. Since you can also get a +6 pokemon and then wreak havoc on you oponents team

A few more things about the Wonder Launcher:

-If you have more charges than the item you use has cost, the remainder is retained.
-Depending on the levels of the Pokemon being sent in, your strategy changes somewhat. Potions would be used in low-level fights (hello Little Cup), whereas flat battles would likely ask for more heavier-duty stuff.

I personally like it for casual play because it tends to extend the battle and thus let the players derive more fun. On a competitive level, while it adds an entirely new layer of strategy that until this point has been restricted to CPU fights (should I use a move or an item, can I hold him off long enough to bring this guy back), I can see this being quite controversial, as up until now it's been all about the Pokemon.

Weather teams can take advantage of the item ability urge that can reactivate their weather summoning abilities.

Multi-battles with wonder launcher carries a lot of surprises because you can use items on a pokemon during the partnering pokemon's turn, and the pokemon who receives the item can still attack during the same turn. For example, you can use X Atk on Pokemon B during pokemon A's turn and Pokemon B can still use earthquake to damage everyone.

Weather teams can take advantage of the item ability urge that can reactivate their weather summoning abilities.

Multi-battles with wonder launcher carries a lot of surprises because you can use items on a pokemon during the partnering pokemon's turn, and the pokemon who receives the item can still attack during the same turn. For example, you can use X Atk on Pokemon B during pokemon A's turn and Pokemon B can still use earthquake to damage everyone.
Yeah I agree so you don't have to switch out everytime you need a certain weather back. Also Item Drop is really helpful if your opponent uses Trick on you and your locked on a move because of Choice items.

I had fun with wonder launcher a couple of times, but the battles lasted, like half an hour each and I haven't wanted to try it again since.

If you got time to kill, I recommend trying it at least once.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)