haunter

Banned deucer.
Pokemon Online Username(s): Haunter
Country/State of Residence: Naples/Italy
Nationality: Italian

I'll be the captain of team Italy.

6A9 Ace Matador

veni, vidi, vici, VERSACE, VERSACE VERSACE
just gonna post again to say join #euro, or if you're not on IRC feel free to PM me! there's lots of competition for the remaining slots already so make contact quick before it's too late or i'm too lazy

DarkLucario

Kämpfe für deinen Traum
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 8 Championis a Past SPL Champion
Pokemon Online Username(s): DarkLucario
Country/State of Residence: Germany
Nationality: German
Other Eligibility (if applicable): America

Scofield

Ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhh, Kate.......
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Okay, so the uswest channel is #wcwest at the moment (i'm still trying to get back the classic #uswest). please do join if you would like to play, we still have roster spots open. everyone will be given a fair tryout. if you don't join the irc channel there's a very slim chance you will be selected. i heavily encourage those who want to play to participate, we highly value commitment to the team and effort.

MAJOR EDIT:

The channel is now officially #USWest

Lowgock

Doyen & Éminence Grise of the German Pokémon Community
is the 3rd Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Champion
Pokemon Online Username(s): Lowcock-Feuerfeger
Country/State of Residence: Germany
Nationality: Vietnamese
Other Eligibility (if applicable): Vietnam

In

Pokemon Online Username(s): Damages
Country/State of Residence: Chile / Region Metropolitana
Nationality: Argentina

TAY

You and I Know
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Pokemon Online Username(s): TAY
Country/State of Residence: CALIFORNIA
Nationality: CALIFORNIAN

LETS GET UP IN THIS BITCH

p.s. I gave scofield #uswest since apparently i was still the owner. Any westerners should join that channel on irc!

I strongly encourage Benelux members to join the social group (invitations have been sent, and if you want to join but don't have an invitation yet, pm Delko and/or me) and the IRC channel (#benelux), otherwise your chances of actually getting in the team are greatly reduced.

Hugendugen

Noam Chompsky.
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Pokemon Online Username(s): Hugendugen, Funkytown...
Country/State of Residence: Australia
Nationality: Danish/Irish
Other Eligibility (if applicable): Oceania all the way!

Pretty terrible at OU, so this is more of a gesture than anything else...

Pokemon Online Username(s): Ryoka
Country/State of Residence: Brazil
Nationality: Brazilian
Other Eligibility (if applicable): -

vashta

"It was pretty cool to watch Tim Duncan from afar"
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Pokemon Online Username(s): vashta, LANDMINE, quelle surprise
Country/State of Residence: UK
Nationality: British (Afro-Caribbean)
Other Eligibility (if applicable): Canada / US Central (family links etc) / Afrikaans

Wolfey

VGC 2016 Masters Champion
Pokemon Online Username(s): Wolfey
Country/State of Residence: U.S.A, Virginia
Nationality: American
Other Eligibility (if applicable):None

Pokemon Online Username(s): DarkSector, infinity sword, ModestRaikou
Country/State of Residence: Italy
Nationality: Italy
Other Eligibility (if applicable): none

Pokemon Online Username(s): s0x .
Country/State of Residence: Perú
Nationality: Mexican
Other Eligibility (if applicable): Born in Mexico, actually living in Perú.

Jackal

I'm not retarded I'm Canadian it's different
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Alright so here it is, I apologize for the lateness.

I have literally been working at this all day trying to figure everything out, needless to say this has been really stressful for me trying to make as many people happy as I possibly can while still maintaining fairness.

I will admit I made some good decisions and some bad ones along the way, but I hope that this final list is the summation of the good ones.

This year's World Cup will have 16 teams. 14 of those teams are returning from last year, leaving two spots. After all was said and done, I came away with 4 new team applications vying for those final two spots. Those teams will be randomly assigned a team to "play-in" against. Much like last year, the teams that win their "play-in" games will qualify for the World Cup. There is nothing subjective here, I am merely making the four new teams play their way in. The play-in matches will be 3 vs 3.

Here is the final team list, along with the captain(s) and IRC channel:

Returning Teams:
Asia - MoP - #gotrice
Brazil - Quantum Mechanics
Canada - Jackal - #canada
France - Go10
Europe - Mekkah - #euro
Germany - TV-Rocka
Latin America - hanke - #la
Oceania - Blue Kirby - #ocn
Spain - Malekith
UK - twash - #uk
US Central - LonelyNess/bad ass - #uscentral
US East - Stone_Cold22 - #eastus
US Metro - JabbaTheGriffin - #metro
US West - Scofield - #uswest

New Teams:
Africa - aziki - #teamafrica
Benelux - Delko - #benelux [Belgium + Netherlands + Luxembourg]
Italy - Haunter
Mexico - CarloO - #mex

The play in matches will go as such:

Africa vs Mexico
Benelux vs Italy

Again, each winner will qualify for the tournament.

To the four play-in teams: I need your team of three battlers to represent you in the play-in in 48 hours from the time of this post. Failure to PM me this three man roster will result in disqualification. I will then post the pairings, and you will have about 5 days to get those matches done.

As for everyone else, with the teams list official, please contact a team captain if you wish to play for their team. It is the only way to potentially get picked, they will not come to you.

Captains, I know most of you have already been hard at work preparing your roster, so continue testing people and have those rosters PMed to me before Saturday June 25th at 11:59 EST

Reyscarface and SsAaVv have put in a ton of work developing a spreadsheet that lists every person who signed up and what teams they signed up for in a nice, easy to read format found here. You should be able to search via drop down menus tomorrow. Thanks guys!

Also captains, I have contacted Pirika, so if you want a new flag PM either myself or him about a new flag idea and he can get it done. If you are getting your own artist to do the flag, please at least try to keep it stylistically similar for consistency.

If there are any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me on the forums or IRC.

Good luck everyone, I am expecting the most competitive tournament yet.

As for the USA team eligibility, I decided to completely simplify it this year. I simply drew some vertical lines to make everything as cut and dry as possible.

So as you can see, it should be clear which US team you qualify for. USA Metro is for people living in New York or New Jersey only. Michigan was the touchy state, so instead of being arbitrary and assigning it to central or east, I will just say that if you are from Michigan (or any other state that I split in half) you can play for either side. Simple.

Have fun.

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
Spreadsheet will be finished tomorrow by SsAaVv, the only problem is that the one with the drop down menus is being made on Excel, since it requires a lot of complicated coding. Im not sure if google docs works with that kind of coding, so the only issue may be that you may have to download the version with the drop down menus from mediafire or something, if google docs doesnt work with the code.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)