VGC '11 US Northeast Regional - Newark, NJ - June 18th - WON BY imperfectspider

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uhhh, lost round 4 to SuperPokemon67. His team was so unexpected and he flawlessly 4-0ed me. It was disappointing but I had a great time with all the Smogonites including TDS, Chilebowl, Hitmonrocker, ISS, Human and Cybertron. A few more I met but didn't really go into a conversation with (along with BlueCookies in which we had an awkward exchange :x). Good job Superpokemon67 for winning it all the way, and you too IPS for pulling a win outta your ass somehow bro ;) SELL THAT 3DS FOR $400!!!! ;)

First of all, I wanted to say congrats to IPS :). It was fun playing you in the finals. I couldn't have it any other way. I had a lot of fun today. I am very happy that I made it that far.

iss

let's play bw lc!
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
First of all, I wanted to say congrats to IPS :). It was fun playing you in the finals. I couldn't have it any other way. I had a lot of fun today. I am very happy that I made it that far.
Nice job! That was a great finals match btw.

I got taken out Round 2 even though I would have won the game because my opponent abused the timer. He had a Quiet Jellicent and Whimsicott against a my Thundurus. Whimsicott had no attack moves and Jellicent would have died from the next thunderbolt so I would have been able to win. But the timer ran out because the whole game was me having to stall out his TR. Well whatever had a good day met Bluecookies in real life along with a few ducks and other smogonites along with a few Team Magma members. Maybe I will take my own advice next year and make a team that just kills everything. lol.

Man, after seeing all of these other smogonites lose so badly, I feel pretty happy that I even made it into the top16... I don't have to go to LCQ. Besides, guys, with all the LCQ smogonites, I would guess that many going to LCQ will be getting their butts kicked by our friends...

EDIT:Yeah, I wanted to point that out, but I didn't want to look like I was minimodding.

lol i think i fall in with the group of smogoners that lost early, i lost round one like human =/
i had a lot of fun though hanging out with cybertron, tds, iss, pungnent fruit, human, hitmonrocker, acceleration, acetrainerblu3 and rukario. i also got a chance to speak with some more of you guys too. either way i had a great time though it sucks i couldn't get a nat's invite, this might have to warrant a visit for the lcq :X but idk yet. either way congrats to those who got nats invites, and especially ips for that win in the semifinals and then taking it all in the end. i think i might post a "warstory" later but if i do be prepared for something very brief :X

Congratz to everyone who participated, especially those going to Nationals! I lost in the Senior Semis to SuperPokemon67 :T But it was fun none the less, so congratz to him and IPS! Btw, can anyone confirm if BlueCookies has a cousin he's been training? The guy I faced in this video said he was...:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hq5JUJOIQcM

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I'm back from Newark as I had yet another disappointing R3 which many saw live on screen to a stall team that wore me out. The first 2 rounds were easy as I'll upload my round 2 battle with an oriental guy named Matt which took 5 turns total. I was a bit shocked that my son Shinkou got ousted in round 1 due to some bad luck as I didn't get to see where he went until he was in the King of the Hill line later on.

It was fun seeing all the ones I met today, and while I will not make the trip to Indianapolis to try for an LCQ, I do plan on going to San Diego's LCQ as that is an excuse to visit family out there.

Edit: round 2 video now uploaded: 23-05957-91931 which had a few questionable moves though.

BlueCookies

April Fools 2009 Participant
VGC '10, '11, '12 Masters Champion
Congratz to everyone who participated, especially those going to Nationals! I lost in the Senior Semis to SuperPokemon67 :T But it was fun none the less, so congratz to him and IPS! Btw, can anyone confirm if BlueCookies has a cousin he's been training? The guy I faced in this video said he was...:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hq5JUJOIQcM
yeah I started training him 3 weeks ago, and he's never played pokemon before but he was in the senior division so he gave it a shot lol. if only he sent in tornadus instead of mushroom he would have won the match 100%, but he knew tornadus was rock weak so he didn't send it in, even though thunderbolt would outspeed and ko terrakion and acrobatics would ohko scrafty x_x

I can't thank everyone enough for everything. All of your support was and is really appreciated! I still can't believe that I was able to win the whole thing. To The Wolf, great match in the finals, and I can't wait to see you at Nats!

One three-stop warstory coming right up!

lol I'm just a lurker but I figured I'd post. It was my second VGC, and I made top 16. I was the girl in the Gengar shirt. :P My round 3 battle was on a TV, so maybe it'll end up on YouTube. I saved the battle that got me into top 16, against Chalkey. The video ID is 82-69450-52860.

Congrats to everyone who participated~ :D

TTS

Articulate Potty Lid
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
lol I'm just a lurker but I figured I'd post. It was my second VGC, and I made top 16. I was the girl in the Gengar shirt. :P My round 3 battle was on a TV, so maybe it'll end up on YouTube. I saved the battle that got me into top 16, against Chalkey. The video ID is 82-69450-52860.

Congrats to everyone who participated~ :D
Crusher of dreams! :[

For my first VGC I was able to make it to the fourth round top 64 lololol but still I feel better and I thought I would do much worse than that. Also meeting everyone from here was awesome as well, my war story will be posted soon as well :) congratz IPS the match was a good one :)

locopoke

Banned deucer.
I'm back from Newark as I had yet another disappointing R3 which many saw live on screen to a stall team that wore me out. The first 2 rounds were easy as I'll upload my round 2 battle with an oriental guy named Matt which took 5 turns total. I was a bit shocked that my son Shinkou got ousted in round 1 due to some bad luck as I didn't get to see where he went until he was in the King of the Hill line later on.

It was fun seeing all the ones I met today, and while I will not make the trip to Indianapolis to try for an LCQ, I do plan on going to San Diego's LCQ as that is an excuse to visit family out there.

Edit: round 2 video now uploaded: 23-05957-91931 which had a few questionable moves though.
what were the mons you lost to / sets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)