Technical Support (read OP before posting!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
The only conclusion I can reach is that you have been banned as part of a ranged IP ban. Post in this forum explaining the situation. PM me when you have posted your thread and I will fill in any missing details.

im getting the same thing, i didnt even know there was a tech support thread so i made a new topic but this hasnt been addressed in 4 days so it might get some attention at least!
Uh I second this.

I've left this thread alone for a while knowing that it doesn't get that much attention, but honestly, has no one got any ideas? =/ Anything that might help?

I've read above that Ben got his ban lifted, perhaps I can't get in because I'm region banned for some reason? I'm really new as in spanking shiny glossy brand new noob, and I can't get onto the best server on PO.

Thanks. =)

I can't magically solve all problems. Most people (yourself included) don't provide nearly enough information to figure stuff out. Furthermore, I'm the only one that can even check for range bans, and you and about ten dozen other people ask me these things at any given time. If you can't be patient or can't be bothered to provide enough information, you can't hold it against me for ignoring it. If you have enough information and are serious about this, don't post here, post a new thread where Cecil linked above.

I tried to connect on the Smogon Server with the Advanced Connection (74.50.98.226:5080) and this is what happened:

"Error while connected to server -- Received error n°7: Connection timed out"

Is there a solution for this?

I can't magically solve all problems. Most people (yourself included) don't provide nearly enough information to figure stuff out. Furthermore, I'm the only one that can even check for range bans, and you and about ten dozen other people ask me these things at any given time. If you can't be patient or can't be bothered to provide enough information, you can't hold it against me for ignoring it. If you have enough information and are serious about this, don't post here, post a new thread where Cecil linked above.
Thanks for the response. =)

My first post listed all the troubleshooting steps I've taken, I'm not sure what more I can provide. I understand you're under stress, but I just want to get this sorted as much as you do. =) If there's anything more I can provide, then please tell me, don't insult me with being lazy because I'm not, I'm just new. If I knew what was wrong I wouldn't be posting, hehe. =)

Do any of the current members have any ideas? Anyone who has had the same problem?

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Could you try to connect one more time for me?

If that doesn't work, can you please list any programs (anti-virus, etc.) you have running in the background?

Could you try to connect one more time for me?

If that doesn't work, can you please list any programs (anti-virus, etc.) you have running in the background?
Thanks for the quick response. =)

Still nothing, it takes a long time to come up with the error though if that helps.

Malwarebytes is running in the background only that's, well anti malware. xD

Windows firewall is off.

edit: Also, PO is on the exceptions list.

Programs running:
Utorrent - shhh. ;)
PO
iTunes
Mozilla

Thanks for your patience. =)

Stellar

of the Distant Past
Atticus had the same problem with Malwarebytes. You can try turning it completely off and connecting to Smogon server. Doing that allowed him to connect. You can just turn it back on when you aren't using PO.

Aha! That worked like a charm. =)

Thanks so much for your help! ^^ Wonder why that causes problems though. =/ Still, I can just turn it on later. super happy. ^^

Stellar

of the Distant Past
Either you are closing it accidentally or there is a problem with Pokémon Online. There is really nothing we can do about it. Sorry! The only advice I can offer is uninstall and reinstall Pokémon Online.

Error while connected to server -- Received error n°7: Connection timed out

I'm having issues logging in for the first time. Is there something I'm missing? I've downloaded it but there's no response, just this error! Help!

EDIT: This also. T_T Disconnected from the registry: Connection timed out

Ugh, I always get this message when I try to connect to smogons server...

Your client version (1.0.21) doesn't match with the server's (1.0.20_
Error while connected to server -- Received error n°1: The remote host closed the connection

I have the latest version for leopard computers. Ive tried redownloading the program and nothing different happened. I can connect to PO server fine, so why cant I to this server? And I have also already tried advanced connection and nothing......

I haven't played on smogon's PO server for a while and I've forgotten my password.

I was told to talk to rising duck.

a fairy

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
Yeah.

1. Change your account name.
  2. Go onto the server.
  3. IF it won't let you on, change it until it will let you on.
  4. Register the username.
  5. Type /auth administrators
  6. f you get this:
    (09:51:32) *** Administrators ***
    (09:51:32) chaos (Offline)
    (09:51:32) dougjustdoug (Offline)
    (09:51:32) jumpman16 (Offline)
    (09:51:32) mekkah (Offline)
    (09:51:32) mingot (Offline)
    (09:51:32) philip7086 (Offline)
    (09:51:32) rising_dusk (Offline)
    (09:51:32) super (Offline)
  7. You'll have to wait.
  8. Every once in a while, (I suggest around once every 30 minutes) type the command again
  9. If you see any of the administrators colored green and has (Online) next to him, scroll down to the admin's username on the Player List
  10. Left click the administrator's username, and Click Send Message
  11. Now, tell the administrator your problem.
  12. Wait for him to respond.
  13. When he does respond (which might take a while), if you asked him properly, he should be able to understand, and reset the password on your main alt.
  14. NOTE: If you do not use the same IP as your main alt, your password will not be reset.

I will only ever reset the password of an account that is the same as your forum account. Your alts and such are pretty much lost if someone takes them and registers them, or if you forget the passwords on them. The moral of the story here is to not forget your passwords and to always register your alts.

The password i need to get reset is the one for my main account, spaniard (as in the forums). In fact if I ever use an alt I leave it open since I don't care if anyone want's to register it or use it.

I obviously understand that I shouldn't forget my password, but I don't write them down anywhere.

Starting today, Smogon's PO server won't let me type messages due to my nickname containing illegal characters(the same as my username here). Since my ranking is associated with it, what should I do?

Fatecrashers

acta est fabula
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
you can't post messages in the main chat but you can still battle with that account, so i don't see why ranking should be a problem

in future, make accounts with names that don't contain illegal characters ie don't use apostrophes

Well...it would be nice to see my ranking(you know, through the /ranking command), because I'm monitoring it with my current team. And since there was no warning as to when this would happen, coupled with the fact that this was never a issue before today, there was little I could do about it.

So, this means I can do nothing except abandon the nickname?

Spaniard said:
The password i need to get reset is the one for my main account, spaniard (as in the forums).
I've taken care of this for you.
K'Genesis said:
Starting today, Smogon's PO server won't let me type messages due to my nickname containing illegal characters(the same as my username here). Since my ranking is associated with it, what should I do?
I have adjusted the script to allow certain basic command functionality for users affected by the new chat filter. You should now be able to use /ranking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)