Forte played himself! A Newark Warstory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the first time I participate in Pokemon VGC, Masters division. It could have been the second one if it weren't for last year's having a long line, 2 times more than this year's VGC. (According to my friend)

I got up 6:30 am. I quickly do everything a busy man would do and leave-walking to the subway. I eventually got to Port Authority and wait for my friend. Once he got here, we head to the bus stop. It arrived quick. While on the bus, we had to finish up the sandstorm team because I forgot to EV train Landorus and Excaldrill.

We arrive to Meadowlands Expo Center around 10:20am. As expected, the line was very short. We met up with a few friends, and talked about threats to our teams and such. Time really flew because the line started to move till we were inside, near the registration desk. We had to wait a bit longer, but while we were waiting, nickname time! Yeah... moving along, we all get cards with numbers on it. I got #165. (Which is a stupid Ledyba)

(Line moves)
Finally it moves- to get to the point, round 1 begins...

The team:

___Lambo__________Terranort________MindCrush________Vanitas_________BigMama!_______Thundurus

I didn't have much practice besides going to Nintendo World to kick ass. (Which happened ironically) That explains the shitty team I made above.

As you can see, there's the infamous Whimsi-Terra combo which I started out in two out of the three matches. Sigilyph was there for another tailwind user if I didn't use Whimsicott, but I never used him besides "king of the hill" matches going on. (If only someone traded me early Tornadus!) Zoroark was somewhat helpful. Jellicent was really helpfully with Water Gem+Water Spout under Tailwind. I think I used Water Spout more than Ice Beam. Finally Thundurus was the VIP because he helped me a lot in every battle, especially in round 2. Substitute+Electric Gem Thunderbolt ftw! Of course, with a Taunt here and there.

This is more of a summary as I don't remember how these matches went, especially round 2-which was my favorite. Sadly I didn't record it for some stupid reason. >_<

My warstory. Remember kids, expect lots of luck and hax. (To an extent...)

Round 1 - Forte Vs. EL
It was a really quick battle that took place. I got to admit, I was stupid enough to think Thundurus would outspeed Whimsicott and end up being taunted as I predicted. Instead I straight to the Beat Up strategy. Luckily, my Terrakion won the speed tie against Virision and used Rock Slide to finish Thunurus and take about 60% of Virizion's health. His Virizion then finishes my Terrakion with a Grass Gem Leaf Blade. After that, he sends out Archeops and I send out Thundurus for Virizion. Excellent choice for me! I use Thunderbolt to finish Archeops, while his Virizion goes for Stone Edge. It hits but I barley survive. Awesome. Then Darmanitan comes in. I was a bit nervous that his Darmanitan had a scarf, but thankfully it wasn't. Instead, a Life Orb. Just to be on the safe side, I use what I should have used on the first turn- Tailwind, and next turn Jellicent finishes it off with Waterspout!

Round 2 -
A really slow match that it even ended up in letting the game decide who won. The reason was because she was thinking (a lot) what to bring in, what moves to use, and so on. At the end it wouldn't have really mattered as my Jellicent ended up using Ice Beam at Tornadus that took about 40% damage. Even if it ended before all our Pokemon made moves, I would have won by default. I enjoyed this battle the most, despite of me forgetting most of what happened. (Why didn't I fucking record this again?!)

Round 3 -
Eventually I made it to round 3, and lost to TTS. I knew he would stop my Whimsicott, but there's that derp moment where one wants to "outpredict." Foolish of me. So what ends up happening is Whimsicott gets hit by Scrafty's Fake Out, my Terrakion uses protect (derp number 2), and his Tornadus uses Tailwind. Next Terrakion is OHKO'ed by Flight Gem Acrobatics. I don't remember much about this match to be honest. Last thing I remember was using Thunderbolt from Thundurus which made a small comeback, but he got a crit that mattered on my Thundurus Even though it didn't faint, I think I could have survived another move to hit another Pokemon. with Thunderbolt or HP Ice. Eventually I lost which was sad. Then again, I played horrible in this match. It was a great game nonetheless.

My chart:

So after this, my friends laugh at how they though I'd make it. lol, at least I didn't need to get one of them BK for free. (Long story short- a bet) I have a few more VGC matches before half of my team becomes shit. I lost once, and won 5 times. I wish it was like that in the tournament. Oh well, there's next year. I hope I get to meet you guys next year!

Pros:
-Having fun the whole time with my friends.
-Having Thundurus a part of my team.
-Seeing my friend's sandstorm team be somewhat successful. (He forgot to put Excaldrill X-scissor, which cost him the game)
-Me and my friend's team RNG'ed by me. ^_^

Cons:
-Not getting Tornadus on time.
-Not making it at least to round 4, which I at least wanted to accomplish.
-Not meeting much people from Smogon besides two.

PS did anyone have trolls telling you something like "Hey, that's a lot of shines you got there..." I had to tell them it's teh RNG. Ugh, I even explain to one too!

Haha, my friend Chilebowl and I had a bet that whoever made it furthest, had to buy the other one a pack of Yugioh Booster pack. however, he flaked on that bet and instead he bought me a kids meal and McChicken at McDonalds haha.

Nice warstory and sucks you had to face a fellow Smogonite so early. Good luck next year and I'll hopefully meet you at Newark next year :D

Lmao. Well it does come with a Pokemon card. (If that Mcdonalds released them yet) Yeah, not to mention he was at Worlds last year. Also the first person I battled against was from Smogon too. Too bad I never got his username.

Nice warstory, I lost round 3 to but it's no biggie, always have next year.

AND YES, I had tons of people tell me that I tons of shinys. I just told them that RNG is a "program" :/

I only had one shiny, and one person was like awesome :D lol. But yeah good war story forte! and congratz on round 3. that's not too bad at all.

Nice warstory, I lost round 3 to but it's no biggie, always have next year.

AND YES, I had tons of people tell me that I tons of shinys. I just told them that RNG is a "program" :/
I knew there was at least someone! Like your quote says, that's what I'm going to do.

Almost all Smogoners lost insanely early.

Also, it did come with a card lol, I got a Holo Maractus :D But yeah, I'm not training until 2 weeks before the VGCs next year because this year I spent over 4 months and countless hours and made it to round 4 :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)