Starter: Weavile

Male/Pressure
Jolly @ Focus Stash
252-Atk, 252-Spe, 6-HP
-Counter
-Fake Out
-Ice Punch
-Taunt

Weavile is an excellent starter. I always open up with Fake out. If i have a type advantage, I'll taunt, then counter. Ill switch if i dont have the advantage. Ice punch is a must for weaville, and works wonders against dragons

Dragon Killer: Metagross

Clear Body
Adamant @Wide Lens
252-Hp, 252-Spe, 6-Atk
-Bullet Punch
-Earthquake
-Ice Punch
-Meteor Mash

This Poke started out intending to be a dragon killer, but has troubles against Tyranitar and Garchomp, two popular dragons. Bullet punch is great for revenge kills, ice punch for Dragons, Metor Mash is a strong Steel type move, and earthquake for facing off against another Metagross.

Just Focused the Ev's a little here, tell me if this setup is bad.

Physical Sweeper: Haxorus

Male/Mold Breaker
Careful @Dragon Fang
252-Atk, 252 Spe, 6-Hp
-Dragon Claw
-Earthquake
-Dragon Dance
-Brick Break

Switched the Gender and Ability, because some disadvantages to that setup were brought to light. Narrowed the Focus of the EV's, and switched Attract with Brick Break. With the gender being switched, and the teams disadvantage to Steel, thought this would be a good switch

Empoleon

Male/Torrent
Sassy @Leftovers
252 SpD, 252 Def, 6 Hp
-Surf
-Hidden Power Electric
-Drill Peck
-Ice Beam

I gotta be honest, made this one up myself. I read water, and wall, so i thought Empoleon. Went freelance on the moveset, but here is my thinking. Surf, is a must for Empoleon, Torrent powers it up, so why not? Hidden Power electric handles other water types. Drill Peck for grass types that switch in for the type advantage, and ice beam mainly for Dragons, but also for ground types.

Heatran

Male/Flame Body
Life Orb @Timid
252 SpA, 252 Spe, 6 SpD
-Metal Sound
-Fire Blast
-Earth Power
-Hidden Power Grass

I liked the suggestion of adding a Hetran to my team to counter Steel/Walls, which i was having a problem with, hopefully this works.

The Last Stand: Gyarados

Male/Intimidate
Impish @Leftovers
252- Hp, 252-Def, 6-Spe
-Outrage
-Waterfall
-Rest
-Sleep Talk

A great water type, Gyarados is sweet to have on my team, which otherwise would be weak to ground and rock. i like this moveset, but am open to changes.

Took the advise on the dragon tail, and switched to Outrage, another awesome Dragon type move.

Open to Critisism, I just need some help, cause i know this team has potential, it just isnt working.

to add pictures you click the little button at the top of the add post section that looks like a mountain with a sun behind it

EDIT:

This team changed a lot over the last 2 days, but oh well, here we go. Take off Outrage off Gyarados, as it's useles, since it has as much power as a STAB Waterfall. Here's an entirely new EV spread + set, since the set you have is supposed to phaze, but you went and took off the most important move. So, here's a bulky Gyarados spread:

- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge / Bounce
- Taunt
Nature: Adamant
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 156 HP / 72 Atk / 96 Def / 184 Spe

Anyways, why is there a Careful nature on your Haxorus? Swap it for Jolly/Adamant, depending on if you want more power or speed. And take off Dragon Fang, as it only boosts Dragon attacks by 10%. I suggest Life Orb or Leftovers. For Weavile, take off counter, as it won't always work in the lead position. But keep if wanted, but I'd rather suggest a set like this:

Weavile (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4SpDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Fake Out
- Pursuit
- Ice Shard
- Taunt/Low Kick/Ice Punch

It's almost the same moveset, just changed around a little.

Put Leftovers on Metagross, Meteor Mash has a a nice accuracy already, and shift the speed EVs on him to Attack. And like Steeli said, put Latios (or Latias if you prefer bulk) in instead of Empoleon, as it seems like dead weight. But if you choose to ignore that, at least take off Drill Peck, as it gets basically the same coverage. Another bulky waters you can use that get good synergy with Gyarados are Swampert/Quagsire/Gastrodon, Kingdra and Rotom-W/Lanturn

Not having Stealth Rock isn't good, as people will use that to their advanage, especially ones that have Pokemon like Volcarona. Try putting it on Heatran instead of Metal Sound.

you might want to consider giving gyarados dragon dance, that plus the bulk you gave him will make him a deadly sweeper

What would you suggest dropping? I like both of the attacks i have on him, and rest is no good without sleep talk... Not a bad idea though.
Drop rest and sleep talk for dragon dance and taunt. You can come in on a wall such as jellicent and taunt them, then setup with dragon dance.

What would you suggest dropping? I like both of the attacks i have on him, and rest is no good without sleep talk... Not a bad idea though.

I would say drop dragon tail, without entry hazards on your team, the switches that dragon tail bring about aren't going to help that much. Unless of course you wanna give stealth rock, spikes, etc. to another team member

Jirachee

phoenix reborn
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
That Porygon-Z is hella weird. Adaptibility is better than Analytic IMO, as the boost always occurs on Tri Attack. Its also quite slow with that spread, while being frail, which isn't really good. Try using 252 SpA 252 Spe Timid, its the best thing to do on such an offense machine (its really bad at taking hits). Furthermore, you'll appreciate the power boost of the Life Orb, helping you getting crucial OHKOes. Then, I'd replace Recycle with Recover or Agility, for Speed or durability. Thé best option is still HP Fight, since it kill Tyranitars and stuff.

That Porygon-Z is hella weird. Adaptibility is better than Analytic IMO, as the boost always occurs on Tri Attack. Its also quite slow with that spread, while being frail, which isn't really good. Try using 252 SpA 252 Spe Timid, its the best thing to do on such an offense machine (its really bad at taking hits). Furthermore, you'll appreciate the power boost of the Life Orb, helping you getting crucial OHKOes. Then, I'd replace Recycle with Recover or Agility, for Speed or durability. Thé best option is still HP Fight, since it kill Tyranitars and stuff.
THIS. If you are looking for more bulk, switch to Porygon2 @eviolite with recover. You definitely want HP fighting to help hit the billion steel types running around.

Why would you use rivalry against a male pokemon if you're female? It cuts your attack by 50%.
And on top of that, I feel like rivalry is kind of stupid on Pokemon Online, especially on a female, but in general it is annoying because a lot of people don't modify gender and males with rivalry are just a giant middle finger to all of those people.

Any steel type can wall/destroy at least half this team. You need a reliable fire attack. Maybe you should switch Metagross to Air Balloon Heatran. And also, overall this team is incredibly frail. You probably need to think about having actual walls/bulky waters so you can defend against attacks. Your EVs are also strange, so I highly suggest you look at the analysis of each Pokemon to find appropriate spreads.

Thanks for all the great imput. Im doing a revamp now, and will be posting the changes in Bold on opening post. More feedback would be greatly appreciated

Jirachee

phoenix reborn
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Why use Empoleon? It is rather useless on this team. You're just adding a Fight, a Ground and an Electric weakness to your team, which is already full of them. Latios would be a better pokemon for this team, since it resist all of them, and its weaknesses are resisted by Metagross and Heatran. (You can use Latias of you want a defensive spread).

Take out Outrage on Gyarados. Use Stone Edge/Bounce/Earthquake if you want a coverage move.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)