New and 'creative' moveset/EV spread thread - BW UU Edition

Normal Gen is a one use item which makes Unburden a one time use, after you switch it become useless, and why would you use Priority if you're already at double speed, Acrobatics is a better option (130 BP)
Acrobatics is 110 bp if not holding an item, 165 if holding flying gem

breh

強いだね
hitmonlee doesn't learn acrobatics. sorry.

Fake out is just to activate the normal gem safely, much like how yanmega uses protect to get that one speed boost.

breh

強いだね
from looking at nails' post in the RU thread, I had an idea.

Munchlax (M) @ Eviolite
Trait: Immunity
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spe)
- Return
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Curse

I wonder if it will work. Clear out heracross first, obviously.

EDIT: lol, I knew I was missing something. Such a pity it doesn't have slack off then, lol

most things that burn are rather obvious anyway.

from looking at nails' post in the RU thread, I had an idea.

Munchlax (M) @ Eviolite
Trait: Immunity
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spe)
- Return
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Curse

I wonder if it will work. Clear out heracross first, obviously.

most things that burn are rather obvious anyway.
It won't work. Think about how hard a 1+ neutral Return comes off an almost completely un-invested base 85 Attack stat. Not hard at all. Extremely easy to phaze, extremely easy to set up on... It doesn't even have access to Slack Off.

I though it did, then you're still better with a random Dark attacks for adressing ghost pokes, and yes, acrobatics goes to 165 BP with flying gem, but it's still a one time attack (after the gem is consumed you're back at 110) which is great for stuff like archeops and tornadus since they get STAB, a really powerful combo since you get a no-drawback 248 BP attack

Bad Ass

Custom Title
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 2nd Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
hi can we stop posting dumbass troll shit like this thread was last gen and just post creative stuff? creative does not mean dumb as hell. about the only good post i've seen is extra's -- that is what the thread is about.

i'll edit in some pkmn when i think of them.

WOOHOO Duosion!

[SET]
name: OTR
move 1: Trick Room
move 2: Psyshock
move 3: Hidden Power [Fighting]
move 4: Shadow Ball
Item: Eviolite
Nature: Quiet
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 6 Def
IVs: 2 Spe

Has the same base SpA as Reuniclus, so this thing hits very, very hard. Underestimate him at your own peril. Quite bulky with Eviolite, too.

Not to mention my favorite UU Pokemon...

Zweilous

[SET]
name: Choice Band
move 1: Outrage
move 2: Fire Fang
move 3: Crunch
move 4: Toxic
Item: Choice Band
nature: Adamant
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 6 Spe

Yeah, not exactly original, but it screws over so many teams its unbelievable. Like I keep stressing, he hits harder than CB Haxorus. In UU, that means he's deadly. Just deadly.

Here's a little log of the two of them sweeping together:

Battle between Rocky Road and Lii93 started!

Tier: BW UU
Variation: +20, -39
Rule: Rated
Rule: Sleep Clause
Rule: Species Clause
Rule: Wifi Battle

Lii93: mamo top mew rose slowb starp
Lii93 sent out Slowbro!
Rocky Road sent out Mamoswine!

Start of turn 1
Rocky Road called Mamoswine back!
Rocky Road sent out Roserade!

Slowbro used Trick Room!
Slowbro twisted the dimensions!

Start of turn 2
Slowbro used Flamethrower!
It's super effective!
The foe's Roserade lost 56% of its health!

The foe's Roserade used Sleep Powder!
Slowbro fell asleep!

Start of turn 3
Lii93 called Slowbro back!
Lii93 sent out Duosion!

The foe's Roserade used Synthesis!
The foe's Roserade regained health!

Start of turn 4
Rocky Road called Roserade back!
Rocky Road sent out Hitmontop!

Duosion used Psyshock!
It's super effective!
The foe's Hitmontop lost 100% of its health!
The foe's Hitmontop fainted!

Rocky Road sent out Mamoswine!

Start of turn 5
Duosion used Hidden Power!
It's super effective!
The foe's Mamoswine lost 62% of its health!

The foe's Mamoswine used Stealth Rock!
Pointed stones float in the air around Lii93's team!

The foe's Mamoswine restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
The twisted dimensions returned to normal!

Start of turn 6
The foe's Mamoswine used Icicle Crash!
Duosion lost 166 HP! (49% of its health)

Duosion used Trick Room!
Duosion twisted the dimensions!

The foe's Mamoswine restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 7
The foe's Mamoswine used Ice Shard!
Duosion lost 81 HP! (24% of its health)

Duosion used Hidden Power!
It's super effective!
The foe's Mamoswine lost 49% of its health!
The foe's Mamoswine fainted!

Rocky Road sent out Slowbro!

Start of turn 8
Duosion used Shadow Ball!
It's super effective!
The foe's Slowbro lost 57% of its health!

The foe's Slowbro used Toxic!
Duosion was poisoned!

Start of turn 9
Rocky Road called Slowbro back!
Rocky Road sent out Staraptor!

Duosion used Shadow Ball!
It had no effect!

Start of turn 10
Duosion used Psyshock!
The foe's Staraptor lost 65% of its health!

The foe's Staraptor used Brave Bird!
Duosion lost 87 HP! (26% of its health)
The foe's Staraptor is hit with recoil!
Duosion fainted!

Lii93 sent out Slowbro!
Pointed stones dug into Slowbro!

Start of turn 11
Rocky Road called Staraptor back!
Rocky Road sent out Mew!

Slowbro is fast asleep!

Slowbro restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 12
Lii93 called Slowbro back!
Lii93 sent out Cofagrigus!
Pointed stones dug into Cofagrigus!

The foe's Mew used Nasty Plot!
The foe's Mew's Sp. Att. sharply rose!

Cofagrigus restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 13
The foe's Mew used Psychic!
Cofagrigus lost 273 HP! (85% of its health)
Cofagrigus's Sp. Def. fell!

Cofagrigus used Trick Room!
Cofagrigus twisted the dimensions!

Cofagrigus restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 14
Cofagrigus used Shadow Ball!
It's super effective!
The foe's Mew lost 72% of its health!

The foe's Mew used Psychic!
Cofagrigus lost 47 HP! (14% of its health)
Cofagrigus fainted!

The foe's Mew restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
Lii93 sent out Zweilous!
Pointed stones dug into Zweilous!

Start of turn 15
Zweilous used Outrage!
The foe's Mew lost 34% of its health!
The foe's Mew fainted!

Rocky Road sent out Slowbro!

Start of turn 16
The foe's Slowbro used Slack Off!
The foe's Slowbro regained health!

Zweilous used Outrage!
The attack of Zweilous missed!

Zweilous calmed down!
Zweilous became confused!

Start of turn 17
Lii93 called Zweilous back!
Lii93 sent out Escavalier!
Pointed stones dug into Escavalier!

But it failed!

Escavalier restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 18
The foe's Slowbro used Scald!
Escavalier lost 94 HP! (27% of its health)

Escavalier used Substitute!
Escavalier made a substitute!

Start of turn 19
Escavalier's substitute faded!

Escavalier used Megahorn!
It's super effective!
The foe's Slowbro lost 87% of its health!
Escavalier is hurt by the foe's Slowbro's Rocky Helmet!

Start of turn 20
Lii93 called Escavalier back!
Lii93 sent out Cresselia!
Pointed stones dug into Cresselia!

The foe's Slowbro used Slack Off!
The foe's Slowbro regained health!

Start of turn 21
Cresselia was poisoned!

Cresselia used Trick Room!
Cresselia twisted the dimensions!

Cresselia is hurt by poison!

Start of turn 22
Lii93 called Cresselia back!
Lii93 sent out Zweilous!
Pointed stones dug into Zweilous!

It's not very effective...
Zweilous lost 64 HP! (18% of its health)

Start of turn 23
Zweilous was poisoned!

Zweilous used Outrage!
The foe's Slowbro lost 62% of its health!
Zweilous is hurt by the foe's Slowbro's Rocky Helmet!
The foe's Slowbro fainted!

Zweilous is hurt by poison!
Rocky Road sent out Roserade!

Start of turn 24
Zweilous used Outrage!
The foe's Roserade lost 93% of its health!
The foe's Roserade fainted!

Zweilous is hurt by poison!
Zweilous calmed down!
Zweilous became confused!
Rocky Road sent out Staraptor!

Start of turn 25
Zweilous is confused!
Zweilous used Outrage!
The foe's Staraptor lost 25% of its health!
The foe's Staraptor fainted!

Lii93 won the battle!
Lii93: NOOBZ lol jk good game
Lii93: gg
Rocky Road: gg

The guy tried to Toxic your Duosion, but besides that it was an impressive sweep. CB Zweilous did a number on Slowbro. Too bad he doesn't get Hone Claws.

Is the Zweilous set meant exclusively for Trick Room, because you didn't minimize Speed?

@Ubiquitous' sig: Haxorus isn't a pseudo-legend.

While CB Zweilous is strong, the problem is that its slow and Hustle makes all your moves have Stone Miss accuracy(and Stone Miss isn't called that for a reason). Fraxure IMO is much more reliable than CB Zweilous.

These are actually two RU sets that are still viable in UU. I've never seen either before, nor has anyone posted them, so here it goes

Drapion (M) @ Life Orb Trait: Sniper
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Night Slash
- Cross Poison
- Swords Dance
- Brick Break

Standard physical sweeper. With this spread, he gets 289 speed/309 ATK unboosted, which is enough to do a lot of damage if their quick pokes are gone. Boost once and you're in the 700s and nothing can stop you bar priority/fast pokes. Night Slash/Cross Poison are for the extra critical rate (to activate Sniper) so literally nothing can stop your crits (as opposed to Crunch and Poison Jab, respectively), and Brick Break complements those two to provide (almost?) perfect coverage. Most people who see a Drapion expect Toxic Spikes (especially if you switch it in LIKE it's a Toxic Spiker), and are just decimated once they realize you're a sweeper. The speed leaves something to be desired, but it's still definitely viable.

Cresselia (F) @ Flame Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 132 Def / 124 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Moonlight
- Ice Beam
- Psycho Shift
- Charge Beam

This set functions a lot like Sigilyph's signature set, psycho shifting the burn onto the physical attacker (Make sure Heracross is dead), and tanking most hits with enough to Moonlight it back. Charge Beam is to make it a viable threat if it's allowed to set up enough of them, and Ice Beam is for coverage. The main problem with this set is that the burn requires frequent recovery, especially when coupled with the damage your opponent does, but it shuts down physical attackers like nothing else. Some would argue for Reflect over Psycho Shift, but Burn is permanent w/o status healing, and is incredibly useful. I use this Cress in conjunction w/a Wish Passing Umbreon so I can pass it a wish here or there so Moonlight doesn't run out of PP.

These are actually two RU sets that are still viable in UU. I've never seen either before, nor has anyone posted them, so here it goes

Drapion (M) @ Life Orb Trait: Sniper
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Night Slash
- Cross Poison
- Swords Dance
- Brick Break

Standard physical sweeper. With this spread, he gets 289 speed/309 ATK unboosted, which is enough to do a lot of damage if their quick pokes are gone.Boost once and you're in the 700s and nothing can stop you bar priority/fast pokes. Night Slash/Cross Poison are for the extra critical rate (to activate Sniper) so literally nothing can stop your crits (as opposed to Crunch and Poison Jab, respectively), and Brick Break complements those two to provide (almost?) perfect coverage. Most people who see a Drapion expect Toxic Spikes (especially if you switch it in LIKE it's a Toxic Spiker), and are just decimated once they realize you're a sweeper. The speed leaves something to be desired, but it's still definitely viable.

I fail to see how a pokemon with SD + 3 attacks is a creative or new moveset. The concept essentially works on any pokemon with access to Swords Dance...

I have faced the Psycho Shift Cress before, but I really think that method is used better with Magic Guard. Not only do you lose Lefties on Cress, you actually lose health at a steady rate just to use a move which other mons can use without injury.

I fail to see how a pokemon with SD + 3 attacks is a creative or new moveset. The concept essentially works on any pokemon with access to Swords Dance...

I have faced the Psycho Shift Cress before, but I really think that method is used better with Magic Guard. Not only do you lose Lefties on Cress, you actually lose health at a steady rate just to use a move which other mons can use without injury.
In response to the first comment: The moveset itself isn't THAT creative, it's the surprise factor of having a physical Drapion on your face that is lesser seen. I guess that was my reasoning for posting that one.

As for the Cress comment, of course it can be done better with something w/Magic Guard. Oh that's right the only poke capable of that is Sigilyph, and his bulk quite honestly sucks. Cress is able to keep itself fresh and boosted/tanking with Moonlight and Wish support, so it's viable and completely shuts down physical attackers (walling them defensively and burning them).

I apologise if this set has been posted elsewhere, but I've been using it to relative success recently, so I thought I'd share it here.

Pokemon Name: Serperior
Moveset Name: SubSeed Tormentor
Move 1: Substitute
Move 2: Leech Seed
Move 3: Torment
Move 4: Protect
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Overgrow
Nature: Timid
EVs: Multiple Spreads to use:

148 Def / 144 SpDef / 216 Spd [To outspeed max Spd +Spe nature Cobalion]

160 Def / 156 SpDef / 192 Spd [To outspeed max Spd +Spe nature Mismagius]

180 Def / 176 SpDef / 152 Spd [To outspeed max Spd +Spe nature Victini/Flygon]

The point of this set is to capitalise on Serperior's near unique access to the Subseed combo and Torment (The only other Pokémon getting this being Shiftry, who is slower outside of the sun, and with drought gone that isn't a factor, and frailer) to get easy subs. Substitute and Leech Seed are there for obvious reasons, as it wouldn't be a Subseeder without them. Now for the crux of the set, Torment. Torment can force a lot of switches, as Pokémon such as Heatran have proved in the past. It can also make getting subs much easier, and works even better in tandem with Protect. With Protect, you can simply block their attempts at breaking your sub with any super effective attacks or STAB moves, and then just do whatever you want to on the turn while they can't use any sub-breaking moves, and if they can, just sub again. If you do land a Leech Seed on them, after the turn of subbing up again and then protecting, you'll have only lost 1% of your health by the end of it thanks to Leftovers, making it a very good stalling Pokémon in the right hands.

The EV spread you should use vary depending on what you want to outspeed and how much bulk you want. Cobalion is the fastest thing of note in the UU tier that doesn't outspeed Serperior with it's maximum possible speed, however, if you don't feel the need to outspeed Cobalion, you can invest less speed and increase your bulk, and I left some notable speed points on the spreads. There isn't a point in going any slower than guaranteeing that you outspeed base 100 speed Pokémon, as at that point, you might has well be using Celebi. The EVs are put into the defenses instead of HP for a higher HP recovery from Leech Seed.

This set has uses over Subseeders such as Celebi, as while Serperior is less bulky than it's onion headed rival for a team slot, it doesn't have to invest as much into speed to get the first move on a lot of Pokémon, so it can afford to put more EV investment into it's bulk. The extra speed is also beneficial. Because of the Torment and Protect combo, Serperior also has a much easier time keeping it's Substitute up as well.

This Serperior can force a lot of switches, so having something else on the team with entry hazards can cause the opponent's team to get whittled down by residual damage a lot faster. Having something to wall Pokémon such as Scarf Heracross, and something to take random Ice Shard users is also handy as well.

In response to the first comment: The moveset itself isn't THAT creative, it's the surprise factor of having a physical Drapion on your face that is lesser seen. I guess that was my reasoning for posting that one.

As for the Cress comment, of course it can be done better with something w/Magic Guard. Oh that's right the only poke capable of that is Sigilyph, and his bulk quite honestly sucks. Cress is able to keep itself fresh and boosted/tanking with Moonlight and Wish support, so it's viable and completely shuts down physical attackers (walling them defensively and burning them).
Sigilyph can be utilized to take hits, and cosmic power boosts both of those stats. Weather hampers your Moonlight, but I did forget about Wish, but its not on there. Sigilyph 4x resists fighting and can burn in return, but also effected by Rocks more.

breh

強いだね
I use a grass type.

what do you do now?

I use a grass type.

what do you do now?
I thought it was common sense that if you're running a Subseeder you would need something that can handle grass types, or just kill them off before bringing Serperior in. Besides, even if something was put onto the moveset to combat grass types, it's not like it would do much thanks to Serperior's horrid offenses.

You're seriously underestimating Sigilyph's bulk especially since it will be busy setting CM/CB on walls like Cresselia/Deoxy-D/Chansey that are incapable of phazing it (they may Seismic Toss or Night shade but you can easily recover enough to have a window to boost don't even bother with Cresselia since its attacking options are going to do even less to Sigilyph who can easily get a boost or two thanks to out-speeding it while avoiding passive damage) and eventually causing havoc (something Creselia won't be doing). Or setting up on fighting types or physical attackers who've had their attacking power weakened by burn. Also roost provides it with a more reliable way of recovery - that also removes some of its weakness against slower mons. Another huge difference maker with Sigilyph and Cresselia is of course immunity to passive damage so Sigilyph never has to worry about leech seed/hail/sand storm/burn/toxic/hazard damage which Cresselia does affecting her bulk. And frankly the psychoshift is really better done by Sigilyph - Cresselia is better off with her sleep talk set or sub-cm since the burn damage is a big difference maker.

It might be far less expected of Cresselia to run a psychoshift set but that's because she really is better off running something else that involves left overs.

@Ubiquitous' sig: Haxorus isn't a pseudo-legend.

While CB Zweilous is strong, the problem is that its slow and Hustle makes all your moves have Stone Miss accuracy(and Stone Miss isn't called that for a reason). Fraxure IMO is much more reliable than CB Zweilous.
FRAXURE???? are you kidding me? :-(
Jokes aside, Fraxure just lacks the immediate power of Zweilous. Right off the bat from CB Zweilous, you have over 660 Attack. How long does it take for Fraxure to get that high?
And anyway, people use Stone Edge despite it's low accuracy. Why? Because the raw power it provides is too valuable to pass up. Same thing applies here, you aren't hurting anything physically bulky with CB Fraxure's Outrage, whereas this thing OHKOes Blastoise and deals around 80% to Rhyperior.

Oh and yeah, people were calling Haxorus a pseudo legend before the game's release... and then they realised he sucks.

You're better with durant if you want to have a hustle user since he at least has hone claws
Durant is not at all superior as a hustle user. Zweilous boasts Dragon Type STAB, which is unresisted bar Steels (who are rare in UU anyway). Plus, Zweilous has Fire Fang to hurt Steels. What does Durant have? Dig. Dig. Yeah, sure, i'll be using that.

Zweilous is usable even outside of Trick Room. He has enough bulk to survive certain hits like Espeon's HP Fighting, and can retaliate with Outrage. (He is better inside of TR, though)

FRAXURE???? are you kidding me? :-(
Jokes aside, Fraxure just lacks the immediate power of Zweilous. Right off the bat from CB Zweilous, you have over 660 Attack. How long does it take for Fraxure to get that high?
And anyway, people use Stone Edge despite it's low accuracy. Why? Because the raw power it provides is too valuable to pass up. Same thing applies here, you aren't hurting anything physically bulky with CB Fraxure's Outrage, whereas this thing OHKOes Blastoise and deals around 80% to Rhyperior.
+1 Fraxure does slightly lower damage(around 2-3%) than CB Zweilous. Not to mention being faster too. While still having the option to switch moves. Zweilous can only spam Outrage there and die. Fraxure > Zweilous IMO. CB Fraxure also has a decent chance of killing Blastoise in 1 hit. I'd rather cripple Blastoise with Fraxure by bringing it down to like 2-3% than attempt to OHKO with Zweilous but having the 80% accuracy kill you.

I apologise if this set has been posted elsewhere, but I've been using it to relative success recently, so I thought I'd share it here.

EVs: Multiple Spreads to use:
I use a grass type.

what do you do now?
You could try Dragon Tail, which works ok with hazards.

FlareBlitz

Relaxed nature. Loves to eat.
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Porygon-Z @ Life Orb
Modest
72 HP/252 SpA/184 Spe
Adaptability
-Nasty Plot
-Agility
-Tri Attack
-HP Fire

The idea behind this set is simple: Porygon-Z is very powerful, but somewhat slow, so an agility set suits it well. However, agility Porygon-Z is very easily walled by stall teams. NP Porygon-Z faces the opposite problem. So...why not have both on the same set and use one depending on the type of team you're up against?

This set plays similarly to Terrakion in OU. Use the appropriate boosting move based on the team you're facing and sweep. Tri Attack is extremely strong, fully capable of ohkoing many full health offensive Pokemon. After an agility, Porygon-Z outspeeds everything below Jolly Scarf Cobalion. After a Nasty Plot, Porygon-Z is capable of ohkoing pretty much every stall Pokemon except Chansey, which is 2hko'd. HP Fire is used for coverage because I hate steel types, but Thunderbolt or Shadow Ball works just fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)