Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm not sure is this is the correct place to ask but I seem to be either very unlucky or something has been found out on this case.

Q1: Are B/W games better / faster in breeding than the 4th gen. games?

Q2: Anyone found out something about one of the parents holding the hp power item giving the offspring worse iv's?

--Reason for asking is this: I do not rng and do not plan to, I get quite good result even though it can be slow. I have been reading on "hitting" the right frames etc etc to get those perfect pokes. I have been breeding quite some time now on this scizor and it just does not seem to get at least 4 perfect iv's. Parents are hp/att/spe with HP power item and att/sdef/spe with everstone.

I just get sooo many scythers without nice iv's or adamant. Thanks a lot folks :)

What you are doing is soft resetting. Is in a bigger sense RNG, but the difference is that you have no idea in what frame you are landing and so has no control of the offspring, that considered...

Q1: It can't be answered; as long as you do not control what you are landing it always come down to how lucky you are.

Q2: No, it never happened for me. (It did happened when I used 2 power items at the same time, though, so you might want to check that)

Remember that it changes everytime you get the egg, so to save yourself time save in front of the old man, after that get the egg, if is not what you want reset and repeat, it will change nature and IV everytime.

I know they (the Swimming Goggles, obviously) don't exist and all, but is there a place on-site where I can read the Swimming Goggles thread? Did the moderators delete it, or did they just move it to another sub-forum? I enjoy reading old threads from the beginning of generations, when people claim things like "Bisharp will be OU" lol

Who do you think works better with Tyranitar + Rotom-W + Gliscor + Jirachi: Excadrill or Landorus?
Excadrill has more power and speed, but Landorus doens't need sand up to sweep.
Type synergy isn't as important here, as I still have one open slot to cover weaknesses.

Hey ive got a problem guys.
Im running a BP team and realised one thing.
If for say I Baton Pass a few Agilties/Sword dances around and i end up at the end with a Mew, then use Transform, does my Mew keep my own stat increases and take the moveset from another poke?

Hey ive got a problem guys.
Im running a BP team and realised one thing.
If for say I Baton Pass a few Agilties/Sword dances around and i end up at the end with a Mew, then use Transform, does my Mew keep my own stat increases and take the moveset from another poke?
I'm pretty sure you'd lose your stat boost.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Recently, I've been using sd yache chomp as a late game cleaner to lots of success. Now as chomp got the hamer, whats a good replacement. (I wan't using a sub veil set)
Lot of people have been suggesting Landorus over Garchomp's spot, and I have to agree. It still checks base 100 mons, and although Rock / Ground is an inferior coverage to Dragon / Ground, with Sand Strength Landorus would dent a lot of things with those 2 moves.

So in terms power, I would say that Landorus is on par with Garchomp. The key difference is bulk, since Dragon offers some key resistances, such as Fire and neutrality to Water (although Flying gives some nifty resistance to Bug and Fighting and Ground immunity). Also, Landorus faces a speed-tie against other Landorus, which Garchomp did not need to fear.

Also, repost:
Pocket said:
QUESTION:
How should I regulate my max rating diff when laddering? I assume I should have a large max rating diff when I have low rating and steadily decrease the difference as I go up? What would be the ideal max rating difference when I reach a respectable rank (say 1300s)?

I know they (the Swimming Goggles, obviously) don't exist and all, but is there a place on-site where I can read the Swimming Goggles thread? Did the moderators delete it, or did they just move it to another sub-forum? I enjoy reading old threads from the beginning of generations, when people claim things like "Bisharp will be OU" lol[/QUOT

If I remember correctly, there was never actually a thread dedicated to swimming goggles. Most Water-type Pokemon analysis assumed that they existed, and thus had several sets dedicated to their use. As for reading old threads, unless it was moved to "Greatest Hits" or "Trou," then I think you're out of luck. Don't quote me on either one of those, though.

They supposedly increased the speed and accuracy of water type pokemon's moves but put other pokemon wielding it to sleep.

I thought there was a version that increased Special Attack, but I could be mistaken. People did use it to theorymon sets that involved TrickGoggles and the like. That is, until it was proven not to exist(the item itself is already god tier anyway)

I thought there was a version that increased Special Attack, but I could be mistaken. People did use it to theorymon sets that involved TrickGoggles and the like. That is, until it was proven not to exist(the item itself is already god tier anyway)
Oh, it would've been an interesting item, if it were real. HydroPump Starmie would love that item.

220 IIRC.
Thanks. Now, what exactly influences happiness? Soothe Bell, but how? Say, one Happiness point per battle or something, or what? And Vitamins, walking (It's actually for my HeartGold Nuzlocke), but how can I speed it up? And what do the things it says tell me about the happiness when I talk to it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)