My overly offensive Team.....

I have been playing around a bit in my mind, trying to come up with a team that can sweep, and knock blissey around a bit, and this is it:

'OUTRAGE'
Ursaring@
Toxic Orb
Adamant
Guts
228 HP / 252 Atk / 12 Def / 12 SpD / 6 Spe
Protect
Facade
Fire Punch
Earthquake

A lovely starter, who can usually sweep for a few turns, Simple strategy, Protect + Toxic Orb + Facade X Guts = WINWIN, If not, I go with earthquake or Fire punch, the latter I use to deal with gengar, who I have a problem with, I may replace for Shadow Claw....

'HEX'
Lucario@
Leftovers/Life Orb/Choice Specs
Modest
Steadfast
4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

Vacum Wave
Dark Pulse
Aura Sphere
Psychic

A extremly devastating blissey killer, with this set I can 2HKO blissey (I think) with Aura Sphere, Apart from that it is the basic Special Lucario.

'PSYCHO'
Weaville@
Life Orb/Focus Sash/Choice Scarf
Jolly
Pressure
40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe

Ice Shard
Ice Punch
Night Slash
Brick Break

Simple. Weaville, is a lovely attacker, and I like mine in particular....Ice shard is for Non Choice Scarf, Ice punch is for choice scarf.....other attacks are self explanatory, Brick break for Blissey kill, Night slash for Blissey companions....

'TEMPEST'
Kingdra@
Life Orb/Mystic Water
Lonely
Swift Swim
252 Atk / 240 SpA / 16 Spe

Rain Dance
Waterfall
Dragon Pulse
Hidden Power Electric

All my teams have tempest, it's my signature pokemon.......I wasn't going to suddenly change the rule here, anyhoo, this one can 2HKO a blissey with waterfall in the rain, with mystic water/ life orb, so invaluble to this team, also provides Gyrados protection. Can take a hit as well, being pretty much the exception of this team....

'SCARE'
Tyranitar@
Choice Band/Life orb/Levtovers
Adamant
Sand Stream
60 HP / 252 Atk / 196 Spe

Crunch
Stone Edge
Earthquake
Pursuit

My last resort, on all levels...Never before weaville (Because of Focus sash) and rarely sent out if I can deal enough damage with the others...It is also the only other 'wall' (So loose a word in this curcimstance) in the team.

'RAMPAGE/KAMAKAZI'
Rampardos@
Choice Band
Adamant
Mold Breaker
252 Atk / 6 SpD / 252 Spe

Zen Headbutt
Stone Edge
Earthquake
Head Smash

Head smash is usually the only move I use, dueing to choice band and the fact that will usually knock me out. The only sucide killer in the team, and the only other pokemon that can be sent out after Tyranitar...a strong Blissey defense...

What are you waiting for? Rate this blissey kill team!

Umm Choice Scarf Heracross rips this team to shreds with Close Combat, OHKO Ursaring, Tyranitar, Rampardos, Weavile, Lucario and 2HKOs Kingdra. You should really consider defense as your team is not very fast and you don't even have good resistances/type synergy which all offensive teams need. I suggest a Gliscor over something, I don't know what exactly since this team probably needs to be rebuilt completely.

Toss Rampardos, it won't do anything with that set. Then I would get rid of Lucario and replace it with Gliscor. Next Ursaring wants Burn Orb, asd Guts negates burns and acts like it is poison anyways, but Burn Orb does less recoil in contrast to Toxic Orb. Next I would get rid of Tyranitar, because by the looks of it Ursaring is your best switch into Blissey because it will absorb status.

Maybe use a Cresselia over Tyranitar, with Resttalk, Ice Beam, Charge Beam/Psychic/Thunder Wave/Reflect. This will solve your glaring ScarfChomp weak and is the best counter available really. Give it equal defenses so it can switch into MixMence, SpecsMence and DDMence.

In the place of Rampardos, I suggest a faster sweeper like Mix Infernape, who when combined with Weavile rips apart the metagame. BTW, why have Dragon Pulse on Kingdra with the exception of STAB, Ice Beam and HP Electric have better type coverage and it hits most dragons 4x.

Overall you really need to work on the synergy, maybe go to pokemonmarriland.com and check out the team builder, you have 5 fighting weaks, 3 ground weaks and no resists my friend. Those types are the most common physical attacks used.....

I see, and understand what you are saying....But....This team generally rips most things apart due to the fact It's a charge team, every player is there for a reason.....I was mainly looking for moveset changes...and Items....

I mean it is nice and all that people are trying to avoid stall wars but you really need some form of defense, if not Gliscor or Cresselia try a less extreme tank and use Swampert or something.

NEED. GLISCOR. I'm serious. On a team with 4 physical sweepers, Rampardos is redundantly slow AND frail, and Gliscor covers your ever-present Fighting weakness quite well.

Choice Specs on Lucario.

Never use Mystic Water.

Choice Band Tyranitar.

You may want to consider a special wall (Blissey or Snorlax, likely snorlax for your team) over something because nothing here can take special hits particularly well.

One thing about offensive teams is that faster stat uppers SD Garchomp or DDGyarados can kill you if you don't kill them fast enough.
I recommend at least 1 pokemon that cann take fair amounts of hits for your team to prevent this and some various tanks.

CB that Weavile.

You can make Luke a mixed set, but that's up to you

NEED. GLISCOR. I'm serious. On a team with 4 physical sweepers, Rampardos is redundantly slow AND frail, and Gliscor covers your ever-present Fighting weakness quite well.

Choice Specs on Lucario.

Never use Mystic Water. <--- adds power boost without recoil, and with out it, Blissey is not a 2HKO.

Choice Band Tyranitar. <-- requires more switching...

You may want to consider a special wall (Blissey or Snorlax, likely snorlax for your team) over something because nothing here can take special hits particularly well.
Sorry but I highly disagree. This is an offensive team, which means it is based on pace and revenge killing. Adding Gliscor (who everyone fucks now with HP Ice) and Blissey not only makes this team standard and boring, it also messes with the style of the team. Yeah, they can take a hit, but who do you switch back to to deal the damage? So, all in all, it doesn't fit this team.

And a side note, the OP's name is killerofblisseys, so why would you recommend Blissey?

Skarmory can easily tear this team apart except Lucario but Skarmory can easily switch into a special wall anyways. Stealth Rock is not exactly a pretty sight for your team.

TAY

You and I Know
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
First of all, Rampardos is generally useless. You can drop him. In addition, you should drop either TTar or Weavile to make your huge fighting weakness less huge; also you don't need two CB Pursuit users. Gliscor is probably necessary just to stop heracross and SD Lucario, since both rip your team apart otherwise and he can carry Stealth Rock, which is useful for any team.

The next poke you choose should probably be a sleep user, since sleep is often an essential KO when you're playing an offensive team. Your only options really are Gengar, Yanmega, and Roserade (Breloom is a bit to slow). Out of those Gengar has the most offensive potential, and it has useful resists/immunities as well. So I'd probably go with Gengar unless you want the toxic spikes from Roserade.

Also, quick feet is generally better than Guts, since Facade+Status+STAB+130 Base Attack already deals incredible damage. Even with only 55 Base speed, the boost from quick feet is quite significant, pushing him out ahead of base 100 speed pokes.

Good Luck; Hope this Helps! --TAY

Keep Mystic Water on that Kingdra, recoil would mess it up terribly and he wants it to take a bit of hits even tho the only hits he will take easily are his 4x resistances to fire and water.

I strongly suggest you look into reorganizing your team. I've done an all offensive team. The best way to survive is to have viable switches. For instance, if you have Weavile (double fighting weakness) add a ghost. Or if you see an incoming psychic attack to one of your fighting pokemon, switch to Weavile.

All offense it really fun, but if you don't have bulkier pokemon or strong immunities, you're really just rolling dice.

You need a tank, You can't switch in for shit, and that will give you problems. I recommend Celebi over Ramparados.

KillerofBlisseys, I've been continuously testing Mixdra sets and I found one similar to yours that works wonders:

Kingdra@ Mystic Water
Ability: Swift Swim
Nature: Naughty
EVs: 252 Attack / 88 Speed / 168 Special Attack
*Waterfall
*Ice Beam
*Hidden Power [Electric]
*Rain Dance

Works phenominal with rain dance support (If you happen to put another rain dancer) since he can smack shit right away. All I really changed is Dragon Pulse to Ice Beam, because you can hit Grass types and still OHKO Draggy, Garchomp, and Sala with 267 special attack. And 88 speed means you outspeed and murder scarfchomp.

KillerofBlisseys, I've been continuously testing Mixdra sets and I found one similar to yours that works wonders:

Kingdra@ Mystic Water
Ability: Swift Swim
Nature: Naughty
EVs: 252 Attack / 88 Speed / 168 Special Attack
*Waterfall
*Ice Beam
*Hidden Power [Electric]
*Rain Dance

Works phenominal with rain dance support (If you happen to put another rain dancer) since he can smack shit right away. All I really changed is Dragon Pulse to Ice Beam, because you can hit Grass types and still OHKO Draggy, Garchomp, and Sala with 267 special attack. And 88 speed means you outspeed and murder scarfchomp.
Oh, thanks. I think I'll go with that one.....

'HEX'
Lucario@
Leftovers/Life Orb/Choice Specs
Modest
Steadfast
4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

Vacum Wave
Dark Pulse
Aura Sphere
Dragon Pulse / Psychic

theres an idea, helps with your fighting weakness

If you are using Guts on Ursaring, then use Burn Orb. The damage doesn't continue to increase and Guts negates the attack drop associated with burn orb. Ursaring is deadly in Trick Room because he reaches 104 speed with Brave nature, which basically allows it to outspeed everything except Dusknoir, Bronzong, and the occasional Forretress, who you won't have a problem with anyways.

A Trick Room Dusknoir really would do well for your team. The fact that it can wall most fighting types bar Specsluke and it's sturdiness. It can even PP stall with Pain split. You can drop Lucario for him or Rampardos. Rampardos is another team member who would benefit form Trick Room. The reason to use him over Gliscor is to absorb HP ices from opponent Lucario.

You already can kill Blissey easily with Tyranitar and Ursaring (and Rampardos). I don't see the need for Waterfall on Kingdra, unless you run Draco Meteor over Dragon Pulse.

You need to choose items for your team for Lucario and Weavile. Choice Specs are a must on Lucario- leftovers is probably best for Tyranitar especially if you save him for last. Weavile would benefit from choice scarf the most. He maxes out at 575 iirc, which would outspeed everything including Deoxy-S, Yanmega after a Speed boost, Scarfgar, and Scarf Garchomp. With Adamant he caps out at 524, but is outsped by max speed scarfgar. Pursuit or Aerial Ace would go nicely in the set instead of Ice Shard.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)