Just Another Sunny Day Team

Hello, this is my first post here and I'm fairly new to competitive Pokemon battling. In essence, my team is just another Sunny Day Team but relies heavily on the unreleased feature of Dream World. While testing this team online, it has been very usable but situational. I was able to defeat someone with OU/Ubers (it was a close match) although I'm using mainly NU/UU Pokemon.

Here is my team.

Claydol @ Light Clay
Ability: Levitate
252HP/252Def/4SpDef
Impish (+Def, -Sp.Atk)
- Explosion
- Reflect
- Power Split (although I'm unsure if it's any good)
- Stealth Rock

His primary use is to set up Stealth Rock and Reflect as he can take quite a few hits bolstering over 300 defense and 600 defense with Reflect. Power Split may be situational as Claydol's subpar Attack and Sp.Attack stat can be annoying to leads like Gyarados. Explosion is there to HOPEFULLY take out a Pokemon.

Ninetales @ Zoom Lens
Ability: Drought
252HP/252Spe/4Sp.Atk
Timid (+Spe, -Atk)
- Fire Blast
- Hypnosis
- Solarbeam
- Nasty Plot

Ninetales' Dream World ability makes him shine. The reason why he isn't lead is to cripple other teams if they have a lead Tyranitar, Hippodown, or Abomanow. Ninetales has 328 speed with Timid nature outrunning unboosted Pokes. +20% accuracy with Zoom Lens makes Hypnosis more reliable. After Hypnosis, with one Nasty Plot, Ninetales is boosted to 398 Sp Atk allowing for some damage to be dealt.

Sableye @ Choice Band
Ability: Prankster
252HP/252Def/4Sp.Def
Bold (+Def, -Atk)
- Trick
- Will-O-Wisp
- Moonlight
- Night Shade (filler)

Whaaaat? Sableye, really? With right timing Sableye severely cripples opponents with its new Dream World ability, Prankster. First off, Sableye is really situational. I caught a Dragonite on Dragon Dance with Trick and was able to burn it with Sableye! First you need to get rid of Choice Band with Trick. Then his job is to spread Burn which lowers opponents attack stat and also leaves residual damage and can force switches into the Stealth Rock. He can't take much hits but if he survives, Moonlight will provide 75% recovery in the sun. A real bugger here.

Chandelure @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
252HP/252Sp.Atk/4Sp.Def
Modest (+Sp.Atk, -Atk)
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Calm Mind
- Pain Split

Special sweeping and can take in Fire attacks to activate Flash Fire. With 2 Calm Minds its Sp. Atk is raised to over 800 and is a force to be reckoned with. My main sweeper.

Venusaur @ Leftovers
Ability: Chlorophyll
96HP/252Sp.Atk/160Spe (not too sure with this EV spread)
Modest (+Sp.Atk, -Atk)
- Solarbeam
- Sludge Bomb (filler)
- Synthesis
- Hidden Power (Ice)

Venusaur can support Chandelure as it may lure in Fire attacks. Venusaur reaches 470 speed with this EV spread and Chlorophyll although I'm not too sure how much speed is needed to outrun the fastest Pokes. He can take down Flying types with Hidden Power (Ice) and also fight against Dragons but will be super risky. He's another special attacker.

Lapras @ Leftovers
Ability: Shell Armor
96HP/160Sp.Atk/252Sp.Def
Calm (+Sp.Def, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

I stole this set somewhere on Smogon... Well I thought she'd be a viable special wall. With Rest+Sleep Talk she'll be in the battlefield for a while.

What do you guys think? Thank you so much for your time. It is really appreciated!

Hey nice! but solar power Charizard can sweep better than Chandelure without risking getting damage calming mind up . But flash fire ups help alot but almost always they will predict the switch out venasaur,thats the only reason I think charizard is better sun sweeper than Chandelure its his nn dependability on calm mind or flash fire

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)