RU Threat List

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I was at the top of the ladder until I made this thread and started testing all the horrible shit people suggest, and now I'm like 60th on the ladder. So I've lost my patience for idiots that think Red Card Crustle is a legitimate threat.
Not every pokemon will work with your battling style and being "superior" means you should have already known that.

EDIT: How well would a Bulk Up Poliwrath do in RU?

Battling style? lol? alright, go tell reachzero to use your red card crustles and emboars and I'm sure he'll find great success with it.

Hey man, I'm 2 whole points above reachzero, give me some credit.

Anyway, we need some Amoonguss. He has spore, resists water and fighting, and soaks up tspikes. Pretty great.

Anyway, we need some Amoonguss. He has spore, resists water and fighting, and soaks up tspikes. Pretty great.
Yeah, he's a beast. I'll get around to sticking him up there eventually.

Battling style? lol? alright, go tell reachzero to use your red card crustles and emboars and I'm sure he'll find great success with it.
I havent found success using red card crustles because I dont like to play defensively. I have had success with Emboar but you are too bias and stubborn to even accept that you may be wrong.

He is pretty good but when he gets his DW ability he will be even better than ever.

I havent found success using red card crustles because I dont like to play defensively. I have had success with Emboar but you are too bias and stubborn to even accept that you may be wrong.

He is pretty good but when he gets his DW ability he will be even better than ever.
No I'm not. I'm high on the ladder. I play other good players. Emboar does not work there. He might work against you and your sub-1000 rank buddies, but not against good people.

I think Accelgor deserves some merit. Second fastest in the tier (next to Ninjask), stellar Sp. Att, versatile movepool both offensively and supportive.

I think Accelgor deserves some merit. Second fastest in the tier (next to Ninjask), stellar Sp. Att, versatile movepool both offensively and supportive.
Accelgor is pretty decent, I agree. He's actually pretty strong with a specs set and can set up some nice support.

He pairs pretty well with Rain teams, in my opinion. Fast Rain Dance, has Hydration, has Spikes and Yawn for support, all sorts of fun stuff to play with. I'm surprised more people don't use him.

He pairs pretty well with Rain teams, in my opinion. Fast Rain Dance, has Hydration, has Spikes and Yawn for support, all sorts of fun stuff to play with. I'm surprised more people don't use him.
Stealth Rock weakness and he's inferior to other bugs in most categories. He's definitely good on rain teams though.

Alright, a note about Amoonguss here, He took roughly 60ish percent from a +2 Scizor's Bug Bite. So, noting this, when you can switch him in after a kill or on the SD and threaten an HP Fire, why is he in RU? Physical threats in this tier hardly touch him.

Stealth Rock weakness and he's inferior to other bugs in most categories. He's definitely good on rain teams though.
I agree that he's inferior to most of the other Bugs. He has no effective boosting moves, so he is outclassed as a sweeper by Yanmega, Venomoth and the likes. His merits are in his unboosted speed and unique movepool. Encore, Spikes, Yawn, Recover (not sure how viable this is on such a frail Poke,) ect.

Alright, a note about Amoonguss here, He took roughly 60ish percent from a +2 Scizor's Bug Bite. So, noting this, when you can switch him in after a kill or on the SD and threaten an HP Fire, why is he in RU? Physical threats in this tier hardly touch him.
Amoonguss does everything right, until when you come up against a CB Entei. There is a seriously lack of universal walls in this tier. Every physical wall can be stomped on by one thing or another :(

I've gone up against Accelgor and I wasn't impressed. Either he's got specs and can't switch moves, or he can't KO anything, and will be KO'd by everything. He's a decent spiker, but he's just so frail. I'd be tempted to stick a sash on him, but then again, entry hazards are everywhere. Maybe as a lead?

polop

Would you look at the time?
is a Contributor Alumnus
Well Amoongus isnt used much and his only form of recovery is synthesis and since there happens to be snovers running around screwing his recovery over i don't think he will be able to recover from many physical beatings, but when regenerator comes out he could form an insane defensive core with alomomola (who also gets regenerator (when ever it may be released)) and audino for non-stop switching fun :D. His special attack isnt exactly high either. He can 3hko scizor with hp fire in neutral weather i beleive.

He's kind of like Deoxys-S in OU. Use him if you REALLY want Spikes up...otherwise, don't bother too much with im.

Here are some threats that might be good to add:

Offensive Threats:
Crawdaunt. It gets Dragon Dance, adaptability and dual stab that is only resisted by one type (It gets super power for that though). It's a bit hard to pull of a dragon dance or two without a focus sash though.

Medicham. This thing requires quite a bit of prediction since the best sets are if it has a choice band or a choice scarf. It can at least 2KO nearly the entire tier using either Hi-Jump kick, Zen Headbutt, or Ice Punch if it has a Choice Band. With a choice scarf of course it'll be faster but it'll miss out on quite a few 2KO's or OHKO's.

Defensive Threats:
Poliwrath. While this pokemon doesn't have the best defenses it has a pretty good typing that allows it to survive an attack from most shell smashers and phaze them with circle throw and it also resists bug type attacks. (Although most bug types carry electric or grass type moves) It's also a pretty good counter for Durant since it resists it's common attacks and again can phaze it.

These are just suggestions though.

Here are some threats that might be good to add:

Offensive Threats:
Crawdaunt. It gets Dragon Dance, adaptability and dual stab that is only resisted by one type (It gets super power for that though). It's a bit hard to pull of a dragon dance or two without a focus sash though.

Medicham. This thing requires quite a bit of prediction since the best sets are if it has a choice band or a choice scarf. It can at least 2KO nearly the entire tier using either Hi-Jump kick, Zen Headbutt, or Ice Punch if it has a Choice Band. With a choice scarf of course it'll be faster but it'll miss out on quite a few 2KO's or OHKO's.

Defensive Threats:
Poliwrath. While this pokemon doesn't have the best defenses it has a pretty good typing that allows it to survive an attack from most shell smashers and phaze them with circle throw and it also resists bug type attacks. (Although most bug types carry electric or grass type moves) It's also a pretty good counter for Durant since it resists it's common attacks and again can phaze it.

These are just suggestions though.
I agree with all three. I'm working on getting new stuff up everyone. It takes a bit of time, but they'll get up there.

Accelgor is very underwhelming. The most it can do is set up spikes, maybe yawn something, then die. Not much of a problem tbh. Not really worth a mention on a serious "threat list." Also, I would like to see a little more love for NFEs please, things like Murkrow or Misdreavus can work well to an extent. The other day I almost got swept by a Speed Boost Combusken >.> I'm not saying those few specifically should be mentioned, but the right NFEs can be quite dangerous.

Also @the OP, please try to be a little nicer to others posting in this thread, I know you made it, and it was a lot of work, but it doesn't give you the right to go around bashing others. At the very least, make your opinion a little less subjective and rude.

And if you don't wanna listen to me, lemme tell you I'm on the leaderboard for Smogon's RU fyi so I think perhaps you shouldn't be so close-minded to everyone but yourself.

That's all.

Speed Boost Combusked caught me off guard first time is saw it, mostly because I wasn't sure how to handle it since I hadn't seen it. However, if you can prevent it from getting enough speed it's easier to deal with. Not really a top threat, in my opinion, but definitely something you should know how to dispose of in case its popularity rises.

Rowan

The professor?
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I think Krookodile definately deserves a mention. With a scarf and moxie, it becomes one of the most effective late game sweepers in the tier.
I also think Agility is quite an effective option on Porygon-Z. With a modest nature and if you get a download boost it gets up to 607 Special attack. (without a boost it's 405 which is still pretty good.) After an agility it can sweep really easily with STAB Tri-Attack and BoltBeam.
I'm not entirely sure about this but I think Golurk could be quite effective with a Choice Band. It also has decent bulk. Ghost typing could serve well as a SpinBlocker but Blastoise has an easy time against it so you're still best of with Dusknoir or Cofagrigus. It's just Golurk has quite a bit of power.

Has there been much discussion on Alomomola as a defensive threat? It pretty much works as the Ru version of Vaporeon with 165/80 defensive's it's very bulky on the physical side and that mammoth HP is just made to wishpass. 75base attack isn't the worst a wall can have but still won't be doing much damage. A simple set of waterfall toxic wish protect can prove to be effective.

I've used him a little but overall I find blastoise better suited to my team for rapid spinning

Accelgor is very underwhelming. The most it can do is set up spikes, maybe yawn something, then die. Not much of a problem tbh. Not really worth a mention on a serious "threat list." Also, I would like to see a little more love for NFEs please, things like Murkrow or Misdreavus can work well to an extent. The other day I almost got swept by a Speed Boost Combusken >.> I'm not saying those few specifically should be mentioned, but the right NFEs can be quite dangerous.

Also @the OP, please try to be a little nicer to others posting in this thread, I know you made it, and it was a lot of work, but it doesn't give you the right to go around bashing others. At the very least, make your opinion a little less subjective and rude.

And if you don't wanna listen to me, lemme tell you I'm on the leaderboard for Smogon's RU fyi so I think perhaps you shouldn't be so close-minded to everyone but yourself.

That's all.
When are you people going to understand that I'm not close-minded and I'm trying out EVERYTHING you people say. I even tried out the damn Emboar and Crustle sets and shit, and they sucked absolute ass.

Has there been much discussion on Alomomola as a defensive threat? It pretty much works as the Ru version of Vaporeon with 165/80 defensive's it's very bulky on the physical side and that mammoth HP is just made to wishpass. 75base attack isn't the worst a wall can have but still won't be doing much damage. A simple set of waterfall toxic wish protect can prove to be effective.

I've used him a little but overall I find blastoise better suited to my team for rapid spinning
Alomomola is a beast. It tanks hits that I couldn't believe it could take (my SubKrow did like 30% with Brave Bird iirc. and he has max attack and adamant).

When are you people going to understand that I'm not close-minded and I'm trying out EVERYTHING you people say. I even tried out the damn Emboar and Crustle sets and shit, and they sucked absolute ass.
Maybe post a war story against a really good player to prove your point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)