Whimsicott

what the hell are you talking about
Lovrina just answered your question...

Thanks to Prankster, Encore has +1 priority, the same as Mach Punch and Bullet Punch. Because of this tie, Speed comes into play, and Whimsicott has base 116 Speed which is much faster than anything that learns Mach Punch/Bullet Punch. Encore goes first.

Should Whimsicott invest in physical or special defense?
I have my Whimsicott invested in physical defense, since most of the stuff it goes up against are either physical attackers like Dragonite or Conkeldurr. It can switch in on Volcarona's Quiver Dance, but it is not going to take a bug buzz or flamethrower lol. It comes on resisted scalds/hydro pumps easily but fears ice beam too. It's bulky enough to take weak ice beams/ice punches but sort of needs the physical bulk more.

So, anyone use Worry Seed? My Whimsicott set is
Encore
Substitute
Leech Seed
Worry Seed

And it owns. Sure, lolsubseeding but I couldn't find anything else better >:(. Surprisingly, it's pretty annoying and easily racks up the residual damage caused by switch ins with SR/Spikes/TSpikes support. Worry Seed screws over things such as Reuniclus and Guts Conkeldurr. It also either scares or heavily damages Gliscor and Toxicroak. If you manage to Worry Seed Thundurus on the switch, you can leech seed it while it taunts you then you can switch out, since leech seed/lack of priority status put heavy pressure on Thundurus, he'll most likely switch out or be killed more easily.

I actually prefer special defense. Water and electric attacks are more commonly special in my experience, and both are almost always backed up by ice. More special bulk allows you to work around the damage from ice beam and hp ice.

Also, Whimsicott learns cotton guard (and gets priority on it). I forget the exact number because i haven't played in awhile, but im pretty sure that it hits @450 def with no investment and a neutral nature. I really like cotton guard on whimsicott, and it goes well with max spdef.

Whimsicott @ Coba Berry
255 SpA / 255 SpD
Ability: Chlorophyll
Naive Nature

-SolarBeam
-Psychic
-Shadow Ball/Light Screen
-Sunny Day

Whimsicott is most known for its Prankster ability, but it also acts as an amazing Chlorophyll sweeper. SolarBeam is the STAB and base move for it, Psychic does massive damage on Poison, Shadow Ball is for more offensive maneuvers while Light Screen is for raising its already good Special Defense, and Sunny Day helps the Pokemon become even faster and makes for insta-kill SolarBeam.

Whimsicott @ Coba Berry
255 SpA / 255 SpD
Ability: Chlorophyll
Naive Nature

-SolarBeam
-Psychic
-Shadow Ball/Light Screen
-Sunny Day

Whimsicott is most known for its Prankster ability, but it also acts as an amazing Chlorophyll sweeper. SolarBeam is the STAB and base move for it, Psychic does massive damage on Poison, Shadow Ball is for more offensive maneuvers while Light Screen is for raising its already good Special Defense, and Sunny Day helps the Pokemon become even faster and makes for insta-kill SolarBeam.
Not sure if troll..

Anyways, you'll want to change Naïve to Timid, get rid of the last three moves, and put in Growth, HP-Ice/Fire, and Taunt/Sub and use with Ninetales. As other people have already said about your other sets, you're wasting 4 EV's which can be put into some other stat, it's better than nothing.

Or you could just use Whimsi effectively with a support set (and Chlorophyll isn't even released yet).

Lovrina just answered your question...

Thanks to Prankster, Encore has +1 priority, the same as Mach Punch and Bullet Punch. Because of this tie, Speed comes into play, and Whimsicott has base 116 Speed which is much faster than anything that learns Mach Punch/Bullet Punch. Encore goes first.
Wait, I thought that wasn't true? From what I remember, Prankster doesn't change the move's priority at all, it just makes your applicable moves go first compaired to other moves of that priority; effectively making it a +0.5 priority.
As such, Encore will go faster than their DynamicPunch, but not faster than their Mach Punch.(random examples)

Wait, I thought that wasn't true? From what I remember, Prankster doesn't change the move's priority at all, it just makes your applicable moves go first compaired to other moves of that priority; effectively making it a +0.5 priority.
As such, Encore will go faster than their DynamicPunch, but not faster than their Mach Punch.(random examples)
Prankster raises priority of non-attacking moves. What your talking about is higher speed.

Confirmed Prankster: Moves that do not deal direct damage (i.e. not classified as physical or special) have their priority increased by one level. Works with Copycat. Despite being priority these moves are not blocked by Quick Guard(Futility, iruchii, Philip7086, The_Chaser, 2#, Niched, CPU) (Very minor priority to test, but does it work on Me First?)
Bulbapedia said:
Prankster increases the priority of non-damaging moves by 1. However, this does not allow the moves to be blocked by Quick Guard.
It does indeed increase the priority by one.

I actually prefer special defense. Water and electric attacks are more commonly special in my experience, and both are almost always backed up by ice. More special bulk allows you to work around the damage from ice beam and hp ice.

Also, Whimsicott learns cotton guard (and gets priority on it). I forget the exact number because i haven't played in awhile, but im pretty sure that it hits @450 def with no investment and a neutral nature. I really like cotton guard on whimsicott, and it goes well with max spdef.
Completely forgot about cotton guard on Whimsicott. That pretty much negates it having to run a Def+ nature for it.

How about running a set like this:

Weather Fluff
Timid
Chlorophyll
252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hurricane
Solarbeam / Giga Drain
Sunny Day
HP Fire

Run hurricane by setting rain up with another poke (Doubles / Triples) and to hit opposing grass and fighting types. Solarbeam / Giga drain to take advantage of the sun when able. Also having Sunny day to set your own weather up when needed and HP fire to punish other grass types trying to take advantage of the free sun

Katakiri

Listen, Brendan...
is a Researcher Alumnus
Completely forgot about cotton guard on Whimsicott. That pretty much negates it having to run a Def+ nature for it.

How about running a set like this:

Weather Fluff
Timid
Chlorophyll
252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hurricane
Solarbeam / Giga Drain
Sunny Day
HP Fire

Run hurricane by setting rain up with another poke (Doubles / Triples) and to hit opposing grass and fighting types. Solarbeam / Giga drain to take advantage of the sun when able. Also having Sunny day to set your own weather up when needed and HP fire to punish other grass types trying to take advantage of the free sun
It has 116 Base Speed (364)...don't run Chlorophyll...Seriously, guys...

Do grass types pretty much counter whims completely? Or should I worry about anything when switching a grass into whims, such as ferrothorn.
Taunt and Encore can annoy Ferro, but other than that, Ferro's safe (unless it's the gimmick Growth set I use on my Sun team, although I use HP-Ice, some people may use HP-Fire)

Also, Cheapoman, Chlorophyll Whimsicott isn't released yet

Focus

Ubers Tester Extraordinaire
Do grass types pretty much counter whims completely? Or should I worry about anything when switching a grass into whims, such as ferrothorn.
Whimsicott has Hurricane and U-turn to make some Grass-type at least think about switching in. Ferrothorn pretty much walls most Whimsicott you will see, however.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)