Worst Sports Fans

We're not idiots, we're just a bit too optimistic for our own good.
I'm mainly referring to the fans that blame Steve Bartman for their loss and the ones that say every year they're going to win the world series because "they're due". Believe all you want, I respect that, just be realistic.

I have a few I wanted to nominate in some sports:
American football-wise, I've had miserable experience with Cowboys and Raiders fans. Eagles fan is up there, but I never really run into them.

I've realized a good majority of the people who cheer for the Cowboys and the Raiders could only brag about how many Super Bowls they won in the past and how great their owner is, and disagreeing with them and they will ALWAYS accuse you of being jealous of their success in the past, and usually any sort of discussion just stops and becomes a shitfest.

Football-wise, I've never really liked ManU fans, because most of them I run into a foreign, who have never been in the UK, or anywhere near Manchester for that matter, and goes on to brag about how great THEIR team is. The bandwagoning is officially huger than America's debt, sad to say.

Worst fans hands down are Yankee fans. I've never met one that i've liked. They're three kinds of them.
1. The Thugs. They only like the yankees because they are in style and they win. They now nothing about baseball in general, not even the yankees.
2. The Front Runners. Know about the Yankees, but they are only in it because they have the best chance of winning. And if they don't they can boast about their 27 championships. They are the worst kind, and they always need to be on top.
3. The Rest. They say shit like "it's your own god damn franchises fault that they suck. Maybe if you signed players to lucrative deals, you would be as good as us."

In short, they may not be abusive like Bears fans, but each one of them is a blind fool. There is no such things as a easy to talk to Yankee fan. It's why all the good fans in New York THAT WATCH BASEBALL like the Mets.

I'm mainly referring to the fans that blame Steve Bartman for their loss and the ones that say every year they're going to win the world series because "they're due". Believe all you want, I respect that, just be realistic.
I don't know a single cubs fan who does this, and I know a lot of cubs fans

I'm not a fan of Boston fans. I don't like Mr. Belichick at all, and i personally believe the Boston Celtics are a bunch of cry babies. I don't care much about baseball for obvious reasons.

biggie

champ
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
It's why all the good fans in New York THAT WATCH BASEBALL like the Mets.
That's pretty ridiculous if you ask me. You go up to just about any Mets fan in the tri-state area and they'll bitch about how their team shit the bed again. Mets fans are NOTORIOUS for ragging on their team to no end (however justified they may be)! Even their own EMPLOYEES can't stop dissing them.

For myself, the worst fan that I've ever come across personally would have to be Jets fans. There's no finer mix of braggadocio, delusion and still contempt for their team than this bunch. Seriously, they go from declaring Mark Sanchez the second coming of Dan Marino one week to pining for the days of ol' Noodle-Arm Pennington the next.

Dozz

Has anyone in this family ever seen a chicken?
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Worst sports fans I've encountered, are Man Utd fans. All glory hunters, don't get behind their team at all, which is one of the worst things a "fan" can do. They even go 1-0 up, and they still don't sing.

They also have the worst fan banter in the English Premier League. They stole their victory song, and get all moody when other fans sing some pretty rude songs at them. They're also dicks at Old Trafford, and bait the ref along with their players, which is why Man Utd get so many decisions their way at home.

As a Boston fan it's pretty easy to be obnoxious considering our decade of dominance. I'm guilty of it myself and I have no shame about it. Although I must admit it's kinda hard to tell who the bandwagon fans are because our teams have won so much that it's easy to say "I've been a Boston fan for 10 years now!" when some people don't realize our teams were borderline-terrible the decade before. It doesn't surprise me that my wonderful city's name popped up a few times in this thread. Most people who are anti-Boston are just jealous haters.

I think it's nearly unanimous that Philly fans are the worst. It's mind-boggling that they are so obnoxious when their teams have won basically nothing, ever. Even the Phillies, who recently won a world series, are still the only pro sports team with 10,000 losses. That's 100 seasons of 100+ losses.

It's called Red Sox Nation for a reason. Sox fans regularly outnumber other fans during away games, most notably in places like Tampa and Baltimore. Speaking of which, Florida sports fans are also pretty bad. Every time I see someone in a Rays hat I think to myself, that was a wise purchase you made during the one month you rooted for the Rays. The Heat fans are even worse, they didn't even sell out their first-round playoff games. The Marlins stadium is empty all the time and the Dolphins would be in the same boat if they played more than 16 games a year.

The Sox may have a very high payroll in recent years but it's still significantly lower than the Yankees'. It's pretty easy to have a high payroll when you're in the middle of the MLB record for most consecutive ticket sellouts. And if you really think that's the only reason why Sox fans dislike the Yankees then you really are just a hater.
Classic example of Boston fantalk. I don't want to argue about this stuff cuz that's what makes sports fans say dumb things anyways, but I get physically ill at the sight of Boston fans. The first paragraph really says it all.

Honestly, I don't want to hate Boston fans. I don't want to hate anyone. The only reason I feel this way is that they hated me first. Yeah, I'm gonna wear Yankees hats and Knicks jerseys in your state. RELAX! You do the same in NY! It's super hypocritical. I'm a hoops fan, not a baseball fan, so my ire is most directed to the Celtics. I'm not jealous. I can't be green with envy, because I've always disliked the color green. I moved out to MA for college and really saw how the fans are, and honestly Celtics fans (just like most team fans) are mostly ignorant. But C's fans put on this front like they are so great and knowledgeable and that's my issue. I'm not jealous of your team any more than I'm jealous of the Spurs. It isn't jealousy that drives this. I liked what I heard from some previous posters about respect. I would love for Celtics fans to be more respectful when their team loses to a younger, stronger team (like MIA) or sweeps a worse, less experienced and totally miscoached and mismanaged team (like my Knicks). They call it loyalty, but to me it's just loud and obnoxious.

Hey, look I get it. Your teams are good. I can't be mad at you for that. I would rather hope that my teams are run well enough to reach that elite level. But don't pretend your fans are superb. Ultimately, they are just like everyone else. Except Miami fans. But they were fair-weather before the Big 3.

Philly fans.
In Eagles games they booed Santa Claus (because they were losing if i recall) and cheered Michael Irving off the field as he was removed from the game (and his career as well.)

New World Order

Licks Toads
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
In hockey, it has to be Vancouver fans. While they aren't as annoying as Philly fans and such, they are probably the biggest homers in the world. In one hockey site I went to, I saw a Canucks fan post Sidney Crosby vs. Alex Ovechkin vs. Henrik Sedin. Most of them actually would take H. Sedin over the other two, even long term. *facepalm*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)