Media Minecraft Discussion Thread

Only that it is going to be Kinect supported and a different development team to the PC version will be making it. It'll be in C++ too apparently, although there are no plans to change the PC version from Java.

All heil map man Xaq

PIC DUMP: New Single Player world because I haven't played it at all on my new computer....

Haven't actually done any above ground exploring... my spawn point is pretty much outside my front door!

So SalTheTheif, Rocket Grunt and I decided to head down to Skysoar's wasteland and kill some shit.

We found an awesome ass mountain, but there was one issue. Hitting F so that the chunk didn't load, it showed this.

We successfully conquered the mountain. It has a pretty neat view.

The Hole to the Wasteland:

That one dude's house with the glass basement:

The magic beanstalk(which almost got blown up but it's all good)

And finally, we laid claim to our glory.

Today was a good day.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Well guys with no other projects to interest me at the moment I've delegated myself to expand the lsb bank, I'll admit there isn't much reason to because not many people use them, or use them for anything useful at all.

We have just about 70 vaults now, some are missing doors and signs and I'll probably get around to that but I've reaching my limit here. There is also a doorway that is right next to the ladder to the old lsb mine (which is only useful for lava now).

So please take a vault, there are many left.

EDIT: Also good on you guys for not blowing up the magic beanstalk, really the only magic thing about it is that it doesn't get ruined so often!

internet

no longer getting paid to moderate
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
i would rather have a huge ass 1.7

also the stations are like always out of carts :I

I can't wait till the pistons come out, so many plans for entrances, mob defenses and the like. The possibilities are endless, and I'd like to see what the creative folk could do with them in the game!

Pistons look great, i'm still just messing around with random shit, but I had a quick trip around spawn on the server, and it looks excellent, insane the complexity of some stuff, like the train station

I feel like showing off my home(and texture pack).

The vault arm in the picture is made of iron blocks, and the golden block is glowstone.

I'm a fan of less (but bigger) updates for this game. Rather not have to deal with the 1.6 SMP fiasco again, and by deal with it, I mean Dan dealing with it.

i figured out what to do with that 40x40 area (now 41x41).

this is the top floor, it'll probably end up being a throne room.

back view of the arches.

to which deity was this temple erected?

fuck i hate collecting sand now. i went through around 6 diamond shovels. :/

Collecting all sand for sandstone is kinda silly, much easier to collect some sand, then mine the sandstone directly :P

az

toddmoding
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
yeah i never got this -- is sand supposed to have sandstone underneath naturally since a few patches ago? read about this but never witnessed it

also what is that, porygon2?

the area around me was generated way before sandstone could be found naturally, which was a large problem.

and yeah it's a (not very convincing) porygon2. in my defense it's my first attempt at spriting in minecraft. :U

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Tea demon an unlicensed copy :O

Also I'd try copying an actual sprite, if that was me I'd take the porygon 2 icon and do just the head. Using one colour for red and blue might be a good idea too since there isn't much detail anyways.

hmm yeah i might do it in one colour actually.

pistons are looking good, but is there even anything else in the new beta?
Yes. There will be shears to not hurt sheep; there will be bug fixes; TNT will be less dangerous (only set off by fire/redstone); fences and torches will be placeable on fences (time saver for fence on fence); there will be bug fixes.

All this update stuff sounds AMAZING!!! I live this game so much...

Sorry I haven't been on in a while guys (aka Grumbler)! I'm at a summer camp for work for the next month, and the last month past, and Internet connection that can sustain Minecraft playing is very... unstable, to say the least. I'll be more committed when I can be, but work makes for a small hiatus.

Also, you pronounced my last name wrong, Dan =P. It's a long i, like in pie. "V-eye-lo". I still love you, though! I have no idea why, but I feel important or something when you reference my Sky Castle and stuff in the videos. XD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)