5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Hi I Was Just Wondering Is It Possible To Rng a ID SID Combo From A Shiny Roamer Seed With Certain IV's So When It Comes To Rnging Thundurus It Will Have Those IV's And Be Shiny?

Thanks

Yes, I did it a few days ago.

Take the roamer seed, put it in the main window of RNG reporter but change the encounter type to "Wild", not "roamer". Look for a preferable nature at around frame 650+ that you like, then switch it to "roamer" and see if that same nature is a few frames away.

Ie My my roamer seed said that under wild encounters, on frame 664 would be Naive. When I switched it to roamers, it would be 667.

In Pandora's box enter the roamer seed and wild frame, take note of a few IDs/SIDs that are spitback and test them in RNG reporter to see if it will appear shiny on that frame for the roamer. Some will, some won't.

Sorry if that is confusing, I didn't know how to explain it any easier.

Hmmm...didn't get a response to my last question. I'll make it short and sweet to make it easier to understand:

When RNGing for Thundurus, does RNG Reporter automatically switch the SpeAtk, SpeDef, and Speed IV's for you so you don't have to do so manually?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Hmmm...didn't get a response to my last question. I'll make it short and sweet to make it easier to understand:

When RNGing for Thundurus, does RNG Reporter automatically switch the SpeAtk, SpeDef, and Speed IV's for you so you don't have to do so manually?

Any help is greatly appreciated!
If you have roamer selected, yes, it's automatic.

Just a quick question and it's probably a stupid one, but does the Encounter Type change the IVs at all? I know it changes the PID (after many failed attempts at a Jolly Flawless Zekrom before noticing I had the Encounter set to Wild instead of Stationary), but do the IVs change at all? I have found a seed that has 31 IVs across the board and it worked on my Zekrom (eventually after a TON of lost work due to the comment noted above), but will it work on any Pokemon and allow me to change the PID to the Nature/Ability/Shininess I want without changing the IVs if it's not a Stationary Pokemon?

Just ask if you need more info. I realize that my explanation sucks.

Unless I'm mistaken the only wild encounter type whose IVs change are roamers. The only way the IVs would change is if you start walking around, which is why people always suggest a frame 1 IV seed.

If you want to advance the PID that's a totally seperate thing. IVs and PID are 2 different things this gen. So if you hit your IV seed (assuming it's on frame 1 and you don't move around), you're fine.

Your PID is another issue due to NPCs.

I was wondering if I could get a bit of advice: I'm trying to C-gear abuse the IVs on a Carvanha egg.

Here are my parents:
Gyarados (M) Jolly
31/31/31/18/31/31

Carvanha (F) Lonely with Speed Boost (DW Ability)
1/31/31/30/25/31

I'm using RNG Reporter 9.81 BETA.

I know my SID and all that crud, I've C-gear RNG'd before; just for captures, not egg IVs.

I have a handful of questions I'd like answers for:
1- When using RNG Reporter, what do I pick under the Time Finder's method? Do I use "Method 5 (C-Gear seed)" combined with the encounter type "Gift Pokemon"? Or should it be something completely different?

2- I've heard that the RNG reporter calibrates the outputted frames when doing C-Gear seed calculations (for starting frame, anyways). Since the starting frame for eggs is 8, do I have to restrict my search to frame 8 and higher?

3- When putting my parents in the daycare, I know Power Items must be used to pass down certain IVs. How do I know which IVs I need to pass from which parent?

4- Am I allowed to give Gyarados an Everstone to increase the likelihood of a Jolly nature being passed?

5- Because Carvanha has a Dream World ability, does anything need to be changed from a regular procedure?

Anyone with experience in C-Gear seeds is strongly urged to assist me via VM, PM, or here. Preferably one of the former two.

Thanks in advance.

Never got any help on this >_>

Unless I'm mistaken the only wild encounter type whose IVs change are roamers. The only way the IVs would change is if you start walking around, which is why people always suggest a frame 1 IV seed.

If you want to advance the PID that's a totally seperate thing. IVs and PID are 2 different things this gen. So if you hit your IV seed (assuming it's on frame 1 and you don't move around), you're fine.

Your PID is another issue due to NPCs.
My PID wasn't any problem at all with Zekrom. I know how to advance IV Frames and PID Frames and all that. It was that I had the Encounter Type set to Wild while trying to catch a Stationary (there aren't any WNPCs in N's Chamber) and therefore couldn't find the Initial PID Frame so I could find the next Jolly Nature. Once I realized that, I got a Jolly Nature on my first try. xD Thank you for answering my question, though. One thing I do notice though is that usually it's at Frame 2 for IVs, but when it's set to Roamer, it get a Flawless Spread at Frame 1 on the same Seed (as apposed to Frame 2, obviously). Is this something that usually happens? I've never RNG'd a Roamer and honestly, this is the first run of Pokemon of any generation that I've done RNG Abuse at all (it also happened to be a Solo run with my Flawless Adamant Emboar xD ), so I'm still kinda new.

Ask if you need a better explanation or added info.

I don't think I got any answer to this but are the foonguss on route 10 (the ones disguised as pokeballs/items) counted as stationary pokemon? I found a great seed if they are, but it's not working so I'm wondering if they aren't or if it's just my timer0

oh wait there are wandering npcs? well that shouldn't affect the ivs which were not correct so it is my timer0 in that sense, but I guess they didn't help either
Edit: acutally I dont think I battled any so that works ^^

What you can do is

Timefinder, and find seeds

From that screen, right click and pick "Generate adjacent seeds (current frame)"

It'll show you seeds that you might have hit. a timer0 above and below, and -1, 0, +1 second from the seed you chose.

So if say your seed was

07:45:30 C7E

It'll show you seeds and IVs for the following

07:45:29 C7D
07:45:30 C7D
07:45:31 C7D

07:45:29 C7E

etc, Should be C7D~C7F or something like that.

So if your timer0 was off, you can check and see if it matches another set of IVs. If nothing matches, you're doing something wrong.

What you can do is

Timefinder, and find seeds

From that screen, right click and pick "Generate adjacent seeds (current frame)"

It'll show you seeds that you might have hit. a timer0 above and below, and -1, 0, +1 second from the seed you chose.

So if say your seed was

07:45:30 C7E

It'll show you seeds and IVs for the following

07:45:29 C7D
07:45:30 C7D
07:45:31 C7D

07:45:29 C7E

etc, Should be C7D~C7F or something like that.

So if your timer0 was off, you can check and see if it matches another set of IVs. If nothing matches, you're doing something wrong.
Well my timer0 i used was C7D but it turned out it was C7C. Now it seems every time I try to RNG it changes between it so I never hit it -.-

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I was wondering if I could get a bit of advice: I'm trying to C-gear abuse the IVs on a Carvanha egg.

Here are my parents:
Gyarados (M) Jolly
31/31/31/18/31/31

Carvanha (F) Lonely with Speed Boost (DW Ability)
1/31/31/30/25/31

I'm using RNG Reporter 9.81 BETA.

I know my SID and all that crud, I've C-gear RNG'd before; just for captures, not egg IVs.

I have a handful of questions I'd like answers for:
1- When using RNG Reporter, what do I pick under the Time Finder's method? Do I use "Method 5 (C-Gear seed)" combined with the encounter type "Gift Pokemon"? Or should it be something completely different?

2- I've heard that the RNG reporter calibrates the outputted frames when doing C-Gear seed calculations (for starting frame, anyways). Since the starting frame for eggs is 8, do I have to restrict my search to frame 8 and higher?

3- When putting my parents in the daycare, I know Power Items must be used to pass down certain IVs. How do I know which IVs I need to pass from which parent?

4- Am I allowed to give Gyarados an Everstone to increase the likelihood of a Jolly nature being passed?

5- Because Carvanha has a Dream World ability, does anything need to be changed from a regular procedure?

Anyone with experience in C-Gear seeds is strongly urged to assist me via VM, PM, or here. Preferably one of the former two.

Thanks in advance.
1 - method 5 cgear, encounter type to gift is fine. Frame 8, you better double check this as RNG reporter accounts for the C-Gear
2 - yep
3 - whatever IVs aren't flawless on your seed/parent. do some planning. Only one power item works.
4 - duh
5 - no

have fun doing like 30 tries, hitting 1/60th of a second and getting (0.50*0.60*IV probability) = lol

Yes.

And before you have problems, remember that that specific larvesta egg starts on IV frame 2, not 1 like most things, and not 8 like regular eggs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)