5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

You can, but your parents pass down 3 of the IVs. If your parents IVs are the same as your egg, then that's fine. But if you have say

Male__: 31/31/__/__/__/__
Female: __/__/31/__/__/__
Egg___: 31/31/31/31/31/31

Then you have to find a seed in which

Male passes down HP, attack
Female passes down defense
RNG passes down spatk, spdef, speed

Protip: If you have 2 games, trade the to be shiny egg to your other game, it'll hatch nonshiny.
Only downside is loss of OT and nickname (have to trade back just to get it NN)

Phadunk said:
what if both parents are flawless. then im golden. muahaha
Yea, but then it's harder to pinpoint SSF, and getting 2 flawless parents is more time consuming than getting specific parents.

I need some help. I am kinda new with the RNG but I ve done preety good...until now :S

I have no problem with Wild pkmn shiny or not.
And I have no problem with Stationary either...
I thought I didnt have a problem with shiny eggs either...I was wrong :(

Yesterday I managed to hatch several shiny eevee. I was most of the time hitting a + or - 2 frames but I managed to solve that...

Today though, I tried for a Shiny Cyndaquil with no luck.(I gave up) I went for another shiny Eevee and got it with the second try(after hitting +12 frames on my first try :S) Now I am trying for a shiny Shellder but the Frames are way off. I cant even find my starting frame! I spam (a) as fast as I can when it loads(to get the egg), just to find out my starting frame... but every single time I get a different shellder and I cant even find it's frame...grrrr. I might be tired, but I need someone to help me find what I am doing wrong...

I can upload a screenshot if it is needed :S

I am 99,9% sure I am hitting the correct time. No boxes checked (not using a ditto)
Both parents are with the same ID(from my white game) so no BW international. I ve double checked everything, but obviously I am doing something wrong

I thought of the roaming NPC and the 2 pkmn in the day care yard, but I spam the A or X really fast so if they affect my frame it should be by 4(max) but the frames I get are no where near my target frame...

Thanks in advace guys ... I am desperate :S

I need some help. I am kinda new with the RNG but I ve done preety good...until now :S

I have no problem with Wild pkmn shiny or not.
And I have no problem with Stationary either...
I thought I didnt have a problem with shiny eggs either...I was wrong :(

Yesterday I managed to hatch several shiny eevee. I was most of the time hitting a + or - 2 frames but I managed to solve that...

Today though, I tried for a Shiny Cyndaquil with no luck.(I gave up) I went for another shiny Eevee and got it with the second try(after hitting +12 frames on my first try :S) Now I am trying for a shiny Shellder but the Frames are way off. I cant even find my starting frame! I spam (a) as fast as I can when it loads(to get the egg), just to find out my starting frame... but every single time I get a different shellder and I cant even find it's frame...grrrr. I might be tired, but I need someone to help me find what I am doing wrong...

I can upload a screenshot if it is needed :S

I am 99,9% sure I am hitting the correct time. No boxes checked (not using a ditto)
Both parents are with the same ID(from my white game) so no BW international. I ve double checked everything, but obviously I am doing something wrong

I thought of the roaming NPC and the 2 pkmn in the day care yard, but I spam the A or X really fast so if they affect my frame it should be by 4(max) but the frames I get are no where near my target frame...

Thanks in advace guys ... I am desperate :S
The most likely case is your timer0 is fluctuating which will case you to miss your seed. What you can do is when you go get the egg, verify you hit your seed by catching something right away (victory road, undella town, etc) and see if the IVs match your seed's IVs on frame 14~20. If it doesn't match (It'll either match frame 14, or frame 14 + X where X is the # of pokemon in your party) then you missed your seed (most likely due to timer0).

Everything else that you described is correct. Just keep at it and you should be fine.

The most likely case is your timer0 is fluctuating which will case you to miss your seed. What you can do is when you go get the egg, verify you hit your seed by catching something right away (victory road, undella town, etc) and see if the IVs match your seed's IVs on frame 14~20. If it doesn't match (It'll either match frame 14, or frame 14 + X where X is the # of pokemon in your party) then you missed your seed (most likely due to timer0).

Everything else that you described is correct. Just keep at it and you should be fine.
Something confuses me... let's say I do everything like I am supposed to. Hit the correct time, spam a to get the egg(so that I get the starting frame) then what? fly to undella and catch a poke and check it's IV? Wouldnt my seed be off since I ll be flying and landing in yet another place with moving NPC? And the seed and natures I have are for Breeding, or I keep the seed and just change the tab to PID?(does it work like that?)
God I feel like a noob :(
And If my timer0 (mine is C7F) is fluctuating how am I suppose to set it right and stop changing?
Sorry Kaasoljoyyx for making so many questions...and thanks for your time :)

If that is meant for me I have to thank you, cause now you solved my problem. -_-

I know I cannot control it. I am asking if there is a reason it changes and if there something I can do to remove the "reason" and have it set at something, like it was, so I can rng like I used to...

If that is meant for me I have to thank you, cause now you solved my problem. -_-

I know I cannot control it. I am asking if there is a reason it changes and if there something I can do to remove the "reason" and have it set at something, like it was, so I can rng like I used to...
It changes randomly and no you cannot fully stop it just try and hit your keypresses the same way and try and do everything more uniform but even then -.- (its odd but i find for stationary pokes my timer0 is C7D but all else is C7C or at least all else I've tried) just keep trying

P.S. who likes my new avatar (I made it in word ^.^)

Thanks for you help everyone! So I ll just keep trying till I get it... :)
Now with spam a I got +2 from my recommended starting frame. But when I did it again and try to hit 92 with chatter I got 103...

BTW that teddiursa is really sweet :D

Thanks for you help everyone! So I ll just keep trying till I get it... :)
Now with spam a I got +2 from my recommended starting frame. But when I did it again and try to hit 92 with chatter I got 103...

BTW that teddiursa is really sweet :D
Thanks and you're getting there just keep trying and hit the menu button as fast as you can. Also it may help to record your results to see if you find you get off by a certain amount more often then try using that

Okay, if you do the following two things I think you'll be fine

1. Change your keypresses to 1 or 2 (I always do 1 on shiny eggs and find 5~50 hits depending on my parents/egg)

2. Change the secret ID to "11111" in all 3 places (Main screen, capture screen, shiny egg finder screen) and then completely close out rng reporter and restart it. Make sure when you reopen the program, the SID is "11111" in those spots

It's a bug in the current version where the shiny egg finder will use the SID that it started up with i.e. If you start up the program with 11111, and then change it to anything else, it will still use 11111. You have to close the program and restart it to fix it.
I figured out the probelm. It was related to the secrete ID, I had not changed it on the main page. For some reason the one on the main page had gotten set to 0_ instead of 00000, which was causing a problem becuase 0_ is not a valid secret id. However, since the one on the shiny egg page was correct, I didn't notice this. Thanks for all the assistance.

Just a stupid question here, but do all In-Game Trade pokemon have locked IVs? Before I learned how to RNG Abuse, I got an Adamant 20/31/20/20/20/20 "Blueeye" in Driftviel. I just now traded again on my new game and got the EXACT same Spread and Nature. Is there any way to RNG these trades or do they always have the same IVs and Nature? I'm looking for a perfect Munchlax, so will I have to breed it to get the IVs and Nature I want?

Red

Just a stupid question here, but do all In-Game Trade pokemon have locked IVs? Before I learned how to RNG Abuse, I got an Adamant 20/31/20/20/20/20 "Blueeye" in Driftviel. I just now traded again on my new game and got the EXACT same Spread and Nature. Is there any way to RNG these trades or do they always have the same IVs and Nature? I'm looking for a perfect Munchlax, so will I have to breed it to get the IVs and Nature I want?
I don't thinl so. I believe nature and IV's are always locked in, unfortunately.

I don't thinl so. I believe nature and IV's are always locked in, unfortunately.
Damn... Thanks for answering. That's what I thought, but I'm still new to this, so I wasn't completely sure. Looks like my hunt for a Flawless Adamant Ditto is about to start... :'(

While I'm on that subject, I've never RNG'd a Wild Pokemon (Only Starters and Stationary Legendaries). Can anyone give me the quick walkthrough of what to do? I understand what Encounter Slots and PIDRNG Frames are and all that and I have a Flawless Spread for IVRNG Frames found, but what exactly should I be doing to get the Ditto I want?

Damn... Thanks for answering. That's what I thought, but I'm still new to this, so I wasn't completely sure. Looks like my hunt for a Flawless Adamant Ditto is about to start... :'(

While I'm on that subject, I've never RNG'd a Wild Pokemon (Only Starters and Stationary Legendaries). Can anyone give me the quick walkthrough of what to do? I understand what Encounter Slots and PIDRNG Frames are and all that and I have a Flawless Spread for IVRNG Frames found, but what exactly should I be doing to get the Ditto I want?
If you have a DS/DS Lite:

Go to the Capture tab in the Time Finder, select Method 5 (Standard Seed) enter the month, Min/Max frame as 1, encounter type Wild Pokemon, then the encounter slot for the Pokemon you are trying to catch (Lvl. 55 Ditto in Black will be Slot 6) then put '==31' for every stat, then the nature, ability and synch nature (if using a synchronizer). In the Parameters tab put Keypresses to 3 then press generate. You may have to set the max frame higher and keep on changing month/year to get a set that you want.

Go to the Capture tab in the Time Finder, select Method 5 (Standard Seed) enter the month, Min/Max frame as 1, encounter type Wild Pokemon, then the encounter slot for the Pokemon you are trying to catch (Lvl. 55 Ditto in Black will be Slot 6) then put '==31' for every stat, then the nature, ability and synch nature (if using a synchronizer). In the Parameters tab put Keypresses to 3 then press generate. You may have to set the max frame higher and keep on changing month/year to get a set that you want.
I successfully RNG'd my first Wild Pokemon for IVs (a random Spread that I just made to test whether or not I could hit Held Button Seeds and Encounter Slots), so I can now control the IVs of the Ditto, but how do I control the PID if walking in grass moves it? How do I ensure that the first step I take gives me a Ditto so that the PID Frame won't Change?

That won't change anything.

@Above: You use chatters. You use sweet scent. You can get rid of the fog [see post #3]

Also, if you're gonna use a 31/31/31/31/31/31 ditto and a 20/31/20/20/20/20 basculin, it's not a 100% chance to get the egg to be 31 all.

You can also use sweet scent and advance using a chatot instead of walking in the grass to advance the PID
Edit:@above Did you edit you post? if so you ninja'd me if not I didn't see it the first time I looked o.O

@Above: You use chatters. You use sweet scent. You can get rid of the fog [see post #3]

Also, if you're gonna use a 31/31/31/31/31/31 ditto and a 20/31/20/20/20/20 basculin, it's not a 100% chance to get the egg to be 31 all.
I wasn't going to use the Basculin, but I already know this. I haven't really tried Egg RNG before, but I know I'll have to learn that before I can breed a perfect Munchlax. I know the basics (three random *giggle at the fact that "random" is a horrible word to use since we can control it* IVs are passed down between the parents), but actually DOING it will be a bit harder for me. :P

Edit: does Sweet Scent advance the frame if you use it to encounter or does it only do that outside of Grassy Areas?

@Above: yes, he did Ninja you. xD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)