Moooo've Over! (Peaked #71)

All right, this is the first competitive Pokémon team that I've ever created. Don't worry, I've been watching for a while, but I just need a few pointers to make my team as good as it can be. So let's get started!

Currently I am ranked #30 in the Pokemon Online Wifi UU Ladder after tinkering with the team for a little bit.

Miltank (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Scrappy
EVs: 252 HP / 52 Atk / 132 Def / 72 SpD
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
-Milk Drink
-Heal Bell
-Curse
-Body Slam

This is what I center my team around, and it works amazingly. It can easily take neutral physical hits, and even super-effective physical hits pretty well. These are the hits I usually come in on, and it takes a while for my opponent to realize what I'm doing. Then they usually try to status me, which I can shrug off with Heal Bell and before they know it, I'm at +6 and ready to sweep. There's a reason why this is called Mil-TANK. However, it is frightened by most special moves. Although Focus Blasts and Aura Spheres aren't too common in UU, they can easily OHKO Miltank. But that's why I bring it mid-late game, so I can get an easier set up.

Considering: I like most of what I have already on this cow, but I kind of just played around with the EV spread. It seems to work, but there might be a better one? It was suggested that I switch Snorlax for this, but I really like that this gets Heal Bell. It proves to be invaluable to get rid of some annoying statuses.

Donphan (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Atk / 216 Def
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard

This serves as my conventional lead to set up rocks, and on occasion, spin things out. I originally had Roar on this for phazing purposes, but I found that entry hazards were a lot more threatening to my team than something behind a Substitute. The great thing about this is that it has a built-in Focus Sash, so it guarantees some Stealth Rocks. However, it is pretty bulky as well, so it can take physical hits pretty well. Plus, the Electric immunity is pretty useful to dodge some of the attacks aimed at Milotic. EQ is for the obvious STAB, and it does fairly good damage.

Considering: I'm not sure. Maybe a new EV spread? Rapid Spin seems pretty useful, but Roar might serve well too.

Dusclops (M) @ Eviolite
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
- Toxic
- Seismic Toss

This thing is a beast. Almost nothing can OHKO him, provided there are no entry hazards, which means he will always get a status on something. Since a lot of my team is weak to Fighting, I usually switch him into lead Fake Outs from Ampibom or Mienshao or even some attacks aimed at Miltank and Cobalion. He can then Will-O-Wisp or Toxic anything that switches in. He is a pretty big crutch I rely on, though, because if he is gone, my whole team is exposed to something like Heracross or Gurdurr. This thing can pretty much guarantee one death per game, usually by toxic or Life Orb stalling it. It can also be great as Sub-Breaking, since it has a reliable move in Seismic Toss.

Considering: Nothing much, really. I was thinking that two status moves on one Poke was kind of weird, so I thought a ResTalking Dusclops could work, so I have a more reliable recovery move than Pain Split. I was also wondering if Night Shade was better than Seismic Toss?

Victini @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Victory Star
EVs: 76 Atk / 252 SAtk / 180 Spd
Rash Nature (+SAtk, -SDef)
- Psychic
- Thunder
- V-create
- U-turn

Before, I had this thing with Specs. I thought it worked pretty well, but that's probably because it was a Victini. So, I took off his stylish glasses, and slapped a scarf on this sucker. Believe me, I was sure missing out. Not only can Victini still hit hard, but it makes an excellent revenge killer. Psychic is for a useful STAB that can get rid of some of those Fighting types that I have a trouble with. Thunder is especially useful to hit those bulky Waters that switch in, thinking they're going to get hit by a V-Create. V-Create is still there to hit hard. It can prove a great way to force a switch and get damage on anything that decides to switch into it. U-Turn is simply there for getting some damage on something that I don't think I can do much to.

Considering: I was considering putting a little more investment into Attack, but I don't think it's neccesary. V-Create is already strong enough with STAB and U-Turn is not really meant to get loads of damage off, but mainly switch advantage. Also, I don't know the exact Speed EVs to outpace other Pokes.

Milotic (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Marvel Scale
EVs: 252 HP / 96 SAtk / 160 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Mirror Coat
- Scald
- Recover
- Dragon Tail

Pretty standard moveset save the Mirror Coat. The best thing about Mirror Coat is that it isn't expected. Sometimes, I put Milotic as my lead when I see a Roserade, Lilligant, or that ugly centipede looking thing. I was tired of being put to sleep and having 2 layers of Toxic Spikes or a powered up sweeper serving as annoyances. Plus, lead Aerodactyls are completely torn apart since their Taunts and Stealth Rocks are both bounced back to them. The rest is all normal. Scald is for nice STAB with a chance to give a status, Recover is to add survivabilty, and Dragon Tail is for phazing purposes.

Considering: Dragon Tail seems to miss more often that I like, so I'm considering replacing it with something else. I also don't know why I have so many EVs in Special Attack, since Scald is my attacking move.

Cobalion @ Life Orb
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance
- X-Scissor
- Stone Edge

First off, this guy looks like a boss! And he backs that up with 9 resistances, including a quad resistance to Bug and Dark. When using him properly, I will try to get rid of everything that is possibly faster than him, then try to switch him in on a Dark move aimed at Dusclops, which gives Cobalion +1 Attack. Then I can proceed to set up if I have the time, or just straight up attack. I can see barely anything wrong with this guy. He can sweep whole teams if they are unprepared for him, much like Miltank. In fact I think I count on him too much because his type coverage is crucial to take out a lot of common Psychic, Dark, and Normal Types.

Considering: Perhaps Iron Head over X-Scissor or Stone Edge to get the double STAB. I also hate it when I miss a Stone Edge, which is often.

A couple threats I can name off the top of my head:

Mismagius - Mainly the Substitute variant. I can't hit it with Dusclops and after a Nasty Plot, Milotic is the only thing that stands a chance against it.

Alakazam - You don't see very many of these in UU, which is a shame because it's a monster. With LO + Magic Guard, it can easily sweep my team with Psychic, Shadow Ball, and Focus Blast as it's 3 attacking moves. Once again, Milotic is basically the only one that stands a chance. Although, Victini can revenge V-Create it, but I would have to sack something in order to do so.

Walrein - What a bitch. I usually find this guy under a hail team and he is the most annoying fat piece of meat I've ever laid eyes on. I can't break his 101 Subs in 1 Turn, he's gaining tons of health each turn with Ice Body and Leftovers, and he's protecting every other turn. This might be a reason to run a move like Whirlwind or Roar, just to rack up SR damage until that fat bastard dies.

Well, thank you for taking the time to read through my team! I hope you enjoyed it and provide me any feedback you may have!

Thank you!
-MRB​

For Victini, try a mixed set. It should have V-Create and 3 special moves of your choice with Life Orb. This set is extremely powerful and cannot be easily walled. You can go for V-Create or a special move, then when your opponent switches in his wall, use the other moves to hit him. I suggest that this set should be more invested in SpAtk since V-create is already a powerful move.,

I am not really an experienced player, but I must say, have you looked over the weaknesses?

Half of your team is 2x to fighting...
I agree, you need to take something out, i would recommend taking out your mamoswine for a donphan. It functions very similarly to mamoswine except it has a built in focus sash with sturdy, therefore if you lead with it you're guaranteed to get SR up. I run this set with success.

Donphan @ Leftovers
Impish
252 HP/ 252 Def/ 4 Atk.
- Ice shard
- Earthquake
- Stealth rock
- Rapid spin

If you didn't want a spinner, as it doesn't look like your team is massively weak to SR, and TS can be cured by heal bell, just spikes, but they take 3 turns anyway. So you could run roar over RS to ensure you still have a phazer. Other than that looks like a solid team (Y)

Also on milotic, either try a restalking set of

Milotic @ Leftovers
Calm
252 HP/ 240 Def/ 16 S.Def
- Scald
- Dragon Tail
- Rest
- Sleep talk.

Or swap it entirely for a rest talking suicune.

Yeah, I supposed I had not seen the weakness to fighting that much because I sponged most of them with Dusclops. But I do think that a Donphan would work much better than Mamoswine! Thanks for the tip, Proodie!

And D-Nite, I'll definitely try out a mixed set. I think that V-Create is too valuable to pass up!

I'll also try switching up Milotic's moveset too, thanks!

Moo

Professor
is an Artist Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
This is why I get up in the morning

Snorlax > Miltank though. It's way better, and has ridiculous Special Defense. twould help with the Alakazam problem I imagine. So would Slowbro > Milotic.

Choice Band Staraptor is a very dangerous threat, being able to switch in after one of its teammates have gone down, and from there 2HKOing everything on your team with a Choice Banded Brave Bird. Cobalion seems like the most replaceable member, seeing as it's a secondary sweeper you don't really need - he's just kind of there, not contributing in any significant way. I recommend trying Rhyperior - he can take CB Brave Birds easily, and he can set up Stealth Rock, which frees your Mamoswine up to drop SR and the sash in favor of an arguably more effective Life Orb set of Ice Shard | Icicle Crash | Earthquake | Stone Edge. Anyways,
@ Leftovers
Trait: Solid Rock
EVs: 244 HP / 8 Atk / 184 Def / 72 SDef
- Stealth Rock
- Megahorn
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast

The only other change I have in mind is to drop Victini's 4 HP EVs into either defense - this will let you take less damage from SR. That's all I can really suggest, good luck with your team!

Whilst CB staraptor is a big threat, if you have donphan it can take two brave birds to the face and OHKO back with ice shard after combined recoil damage.
I don't agree with rhyperior for coballion as that means that you'll have two pokemon that are ridiculously specially weak to water type moves.

Why not try using virizon over coballion, or else use a calm minding varient of coballion as he provides a useful poison resist.

Donphan cannot take two Brave Birds. Not even close. In my experience, it does around 70%, while you do about 40% with Ice Shard. Virizion is OU, and so illegal for him. Rhyperior is a good suggestion, and with Solid Rock, it might be able to take one water move ina a pinch. Besides, Snorlax>Miltank and Milotic give him solid switchins to water moves anyway.
Basically, I agree with everything Mooo and BKC said.

Thanks for all the feedback!

I tried Donphan and he worked out amazingly. Now, he's officially part of my team!

I didn't particularly enjoy Rhyperior, he didn't mesh well with the other Pokes.

I don't want to replace Snorlax with Miltank because I think my team would be weak to physical attacks and Miltank can be useful by removing statuses.

However, I've yet to try Slowbro over Milotic, which could prove to work out!

Decent team. I give it 90/100.
I did a type synergy check, and it appears you have a resistance for everything but Ground and Flying attacks. Those are sure to be an issue.
Curse Snorlax could do well for your team too.

perhaps you should switch ice shard for head smash, it makes it easier to hit Missy, when she try's and block your rapid spin, also if you don't like dragon tails acc, you can try using haze to stop set up mons, Batton pass, and such.

I've never played UU myself, but Milotic is one of my favorite Pokemon. I've used it with this set, with great success, in OU and even for a short stint in Ubers.

Milotic (F) @ Leftovers
Marvel Scale
Calm Nature (+SpD, -Atk)
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 4 SpA / 52 SpD
- Ice Beam / Dragon Tail
- Scald
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

If you wanted, you could sacrifice some EVs in Defense to put in Special Attack, though it doesn't really need them. ^^

Cool, a mixscarf Victini. Here's some speed tiers you could reach with your nature, if you wanted to know:

- 196 EVs beats base 80 scarfers (Mamoswine, Togekiss)
- 240 EVs beats base 85 scarfers (Heracross, DD Kingdra)
- 252 EVs beats Scarf Rotom-A

Also it might interest you to see the following calcs:

Victini @ Choice Scarf EVs: 192 Atk / 120 SAtk / 196 Spd Rash Nature (+SAtk, -SDef)

V-Create vs 252 HP / 252 Def Bold Chansey @ Eviolite 43.9% - 51.7%
Thunder vs 252 HP / 0 SDef Bold Milotic 44.8% - 52.9%
Thunder vs 252 HP / 4 SDef Bold Slowbro 65% - 76.6%
Thunder vs 252 HP / 4 SDef Bold Suicune 47% - 55.4%

Since Chansey is able to wall all of Victini's special moves and even weaker V-Creates, I thought Victini could use a little extra power to get a 2HKO on Chansey, even if it is with Stealth Rock. As shown by the above calcs, despite the reduction in special attack you still get a 2HKO on bulky waters not immune to Electric after entry hazard damage.

This team would have amazing synergy with evolite Chansey, Chanclops is actually a fairly new core the Chansey moveset is as follows:

Chansey@Evolite 252 HP 252 DEF 4 SPD
-Wish
-Protect
-Toxic
-Sesmic Toss

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)