2 recoveries, 5 chills
No final stages please.
No Items
All abilities
Switch=KO
Arena= ASB arena

Doominic's Team

Vibrava [Chomp] (M)
Nature: Adamant (Adds * to Attack; Subtracts * From Special Attack) Type: Ground/Dragon
Ground: Ground STAB; Immune to all electrical attacks, Evasive Digging reduced from 3 per action Energy Cost to 2 per action, superior senses in darkened cave surroundings. Knock Down, Rock Slide, Sandstorm, and Stealth Rock have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).
Dragon: Dragon STAB; Roar has have Energy Cost reduced by one (1). (Dragonite line can breathe underwater.)

Abilities:
Levitate: This Pokemon naturally floats above the earth when released or easily takes flight, evading Ground moves like Earthquake, Level Ground, and Magnitude. Other Ground moves can still hit.

Stats:

HP: 90
Atk: ****(+)
Def: **
SpA: *(-)
SpD: **
Spe: 70

EC: 4/9
MC: 1
DC: 2

Moves:
Bite(*)
Sand-Attack (*)
Faint Attack (*)
Sand Tomb (*)
Crunch
SonicBoom

Quick Attack (*)
Bug Bite (*)
Endure (*)

Earthquake (*)
Dig (*)
Toxic (*)

Aron (*) [HardHead] (M)
Nature: Impish (Adds * to Defense; Subtracts * From Special Attack)
Type: Steel/Rock
Steel: Steel STAB; Immune to Sandstorm, highly insusceptible to toxic attacks, but can be corroded specifically by Acid and Acid Bomb, can be magnetized.
Rock: Rock STAB; Take 2 less damage from all special attacks during Sandstorm, Earth Power, Earthquake and Magnitude have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).

Abilities:
Sturdy: [Innate] This Pokemon’s body is solidly constructed, reducing damage from an opponents attacks by one (1) damage. The effect is amplified on OHKO Moves, which are reduced by ten (10) damage.
Rock Head: [Innate] This Pokemon’s hard body prevents it from taking recoil damage from moves such as Double-Edge, Flare Blitz, and Head Smash.
Heavy Metal (DW): [Innate] The Pokemon's body structure is immensely dense, doubling its weight. When it uses a full-body attack or a weight-based attack it will do more damage, and it will be much harder to lift, throw, or knock back.

Stats:
Atk: ***
Def: *****(+)
SpD: **
Spe: 30

EC: 1/9
DC: 1
KOC: 1

Moves:
Tackle (*)
Harden (*)
Mud-Slap (*)
Headbutt (*)
Iron Claw (*)
Iron Defense (*)
Roar (*)
Take Down(*)

Head Smash (*)
Dragon Rush (*)
Superpower (*)

Earthquake (*)
Sandstorm (*)
Rock Polish (*)

Scyther [Scyth] (M)
Nature: Adamant (Adds * to Attack; Subtracts * From Special Attack) Type: Bug
Bug: Bug STAB; Anger Powder, Poison Powder, Sleep Powder, Solarbeam, Spore, Stun Spore, Roost have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).

Abilities:
Swarm: (Innate) When this Pokemon’s HP is lower than 33% (flat), the Base Attack Power of any Bug-typed attack is increased by 2. (eg Silver Wind goes from 6 to 8, Scissor Cross from 8 to 10)
Technician: (Innate) This Pokemon is more skilled at performing weaker moves, causing any of their attacks that normally deal 6 or below base damage to have their base damage multiplied by 1.5. (e.g. Aerial Ace goes from 6 to 9, Mach Punch goes from 4 to 6, etc.) The Energy Cost for a one-hit or two-hit attack is increased by one (1). Each hit in a multi-hit move is boosted by one (1) damage, and the Energy Cost for multi-hit attacks is increased by two (2).
Steadfast (DW): (Innate) If this Pokemon is flinched, it becomes aware of the speed difference and increases speed by one (1) stage to make up the difference.

Stats:

HP: 100
Atk: *****(+)
Def: ***
SpD: ***
Spe: 105

EC: 0/6
MC: 0
DC: 0

Moves:
Vacuum Wave
Quick Attack
Leer
Focus Energy
Pursuit
False Swipe
Agility
Wing Attack
Fury Cutter

Night Slash
Reversal
Steel Wing

Aerial Ace
X-Scissor
U-Turn

DetroitLolcat's Team
]
Scyther, Male
Nature: Adamant,(Adds One (1) Rank to Attack; Subtracts One (1) Rank From Special Attack)
Type: Bug/Flying:
Summary Bug STAB; More mobility in dense brush or forest conditions. Gain an extra guaranteed attack on multi-hit moves.
Flying STAB; immunity to Ground attacks outside extremely odd circumstances even for ground-based flying Pokemon. Enhanced aerial mobility. Superior senses in open air arenas.
Abilities: Swarm:
Type: Innate
When this Pokemon’s HP is lower than 33% (flat), the Base Attack Power of any Bug-typed attack is increased by 2. (eg Silver Wind goes from 6 to 8, X-Scissor from 8 to 10)
Technician:
This Pokemon is more skilled at performing weaker moves, causing any of their attacks that normally deal 6 or below base damage to have their base damage multiplied by 1.5. (e.g. Aerial Ace goes from 6 to 9, Mach Punch goes from 4 to 6, etc.) The Energy Cost for a one-hit or two-hit attack is increased by one (1). Each hit in a multi-hit move is boosted by one (1) damage, and the Energy Cost for multi-hit attacks is increased by two (2).

(DW, Locked): Steadfast Type: Innate

If this Pokemon is flinched, it becomes aware of the speed difference and increases speed by one (1) stage to make up the difference. This speed boost is maintained at the end of each round.
Stats

HP: 100
Atk: Rank 5 (Adamant bonus +1)
Def: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 1 (Adamant penalty -1)
SpD: Rank 3
Spe: 105

Counters:
EC: 4/6
DC: 2/5

Moves:
Vacuum Wave*
Quick Attack*
Leer*
Focus Energy*
Pursuit*
False Swipe*
Agility*
Wing Attack*
Fury Cutter*
Swords Dance

Counter*
Steel Wing*
Reversal*

Brick Break*
X-Scissor*
U-Turn*
Substitute

Larvitar, male
Nature: Jolly:

(Multiples Base Speed by 1.15 and provides a flat accuracy boost on all attacks equal to its new Base Speed squared, then divided based on its evolution stage. (Formula: ACC Boost = (New Base^2)/Divisor [Round Up] Cap: 30) The Divisor is 1000 for fully evolved Pokemon, 700 for Pokemon that are the second of three stages, 500 for Pokemon that are the first of two stages, and 350 for Pokemon that are the first of three stages. This accuracy boost is added to their Dodge Command chance; Subtracts One (1) Rank from Special Attack)

Type: Rock/Ground
Ground STAB; Immune to all electrical attacks, can Dig through almost any substance, Evasive Digging reduced from 3 per action Energy Cost to 2 per action, superior senses in darkened cave surroundings.
Rock STAB; Take 2 less damage from all special attacks during Sandstorm. Able to use Sand Tomb without losing focus.

Abilities Guts

This Pokemon is tenacious and will work ever harder when under a status condition, raising the Base Attack Power of all its physical attacks by two (2). Pokemon with Guts ignore the attack drop from burn.

(DW, Locked) Sand Veil: Type: Innate

This Pokemon is used to reacting in desert conditions and gets a 20% evasion boost during Sandstorms. Pokemon with this ability are immune to Sandstorm damage.

Stats:

Atk: Rank 3
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 1 (Jolly Penalty)
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 47 (Jolly Boost)

Counters:
EC: 2/9
MC: 0
DC: 1/5

Moves:

Bite*
Leer*
Sandstorm*
Screech*
Chip Away*
Rock Slide*
Scary Face*
Thrash*

Dragon Dance*
Outrage*
Iron Head*

Earthquake*
Stone Edge*
Payback*
Substitute

Lolcat send out pokemon
Minic will send pokemon out with actions
Lolcat's actions
I ref
I hope you understand the rest.

Lets get it on!

Lets go Chomp the Vibrava. Start with a Toxic to poison him. Then use Sand Tomb to drag him underground and finish with an Earthquake which should do extra damage as he is underground.

Toxic -> Sand Tomb -> Earthquake

Sand Tomb: The Pokemon creates a small, whirling sandstorm that engulfs the opponent and sweeps them into it, trapping them. During Sand Tomb, both Pokemon may still issue attacks; however, the Sand Tomb user must maintain their focus or the Sand Tomb will collapse. The steady sinking and whirling of a Sand Tomb drains the opponents HP at the rate of 2 per action for as long as Sand Tomb is in effect. The holding effect can last up to four (4) actions before it needs to be refreshed.
From this I'm forced to believe you are mistaken about Sandtomb Just so you know before I ref and ask where the extra damage is. Its a Sandstorm, nothing below ground.

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Okay, you know the old saying, fight Dragon with Dragon!

Start with a Dragon Dance.
Then, since you should be faster now, Outrage throughout the round.

Hp:90
Energy:100

VS.​

Hp:90
Energy:100​
Round 1: Meet and Greet​
Both pokemon take the field, and with Vibrava's obvious greater speed, he's allowed to make the first move. Toxic is his choice, which Intensely poisons Larvitar, thats going to hurt him greatly as this battle continues. Larvitar decides to dance around with a Dragon dance. Larvitar now outspeeds Vibrava and hits him with an Outrage dealing some serious damage, while Vabrava traps Lavitar in a Sandtomb, but Larvitar still hits Vibrava in his Outrage dispite the Sandtomb, which quickly disappers as Vibrava launches an earthquake and can't keep his concentration on doing both of those attacks at once.​

Hp:46
Energy:81​

VS.​

Hp:53
Energy:77​

DetroitLolcat

Spam outrage like there's no tomorrow

EDIT: If Vibrava uses Earthquake, keep spamming Outrage like a complete boss

DOUBLE EDIT If you get confused after using Outrage, yell "LAARRRRRVIIIIITARRRRR" and keep on Outraging!

Hp:46
Energy:81​

VS.​

Energy:77​

Round 2: Of Earthquakes and Outrages
Lavitar uses Outrage, Vibrava Earthquakes, Repeat 2 more times, except Vibrava gets KO'd after the third Outrage.​

Hp:0
Energy:0​

VS.​

Energy:57​
Doominic, new pokemon
Doominic actions
Lolcat actions

DetroitLolcat

Uh...what? I said use Outrage and he said Earthquake! And how did he get 15 HP back? The only moves Larvitar used all battle was Outrage and Dragon Dance!

Love how you don't read the bottom of my post. Earthquake doesn't effect Vibrava because of levitate which is an ability that Vibrava has, I forgot about it and I had Earthquake hit on the first round when it shouldn't have, therefore +15 hp to Vibrava to make up for the hit he took first round.

DetroitLolcat

When did it get hit by an Earthquake? I have not ordered an Earthquake all game so that makes no sense. I said Outrage all three actions, doominic said to use Earthquake.

DetroitLolcat

Did you count the Earthquake damage to Larvitar? And wouldn't Vibrava die on the second Outrage?

Detriot, just post you need a subref, I'm done. I've got way too much shit to have to keep fixing my mistakes here. I have stuff going on in RL and I'm done. Sorry but yeah. I'm done.

Korski

Distilled, 80 proof
is a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Okay DISREGARD Blazikenmaster-Zeo’s previous reffing post. THIS IS ROUND 2.
Note: Larvitar is going to start out confused because the final Earthquake from Round 1 had enough BAP to halt the attack (not that it matters /no confusehax).

~ROUND 2 BEGINS~

HP: 46
Energy: 81
Boosts: None
Other: None

VS.

HP: 53
Energy: 77
Boosts: +1 Atk/Spe (2 Actions)
Other: Toxic Poisoned (2 DPA for 3 Actions, then 3 DPA), Confused (3 Actions)

-------------------

Another high-octane Round at the ASB Arena! Larvitar, pumped up by its Dragon Dance and managing to maintain focus through confusion, hits Chomp hard with another Outrage, to which Chomp replies with another Earthquake! This match won’t get any more original, folks, as the two simply rinse and repeat, leaving both on the brink of collapse! Finally, just as Larvitar’s Dragon Dance boosts wear off, Chomp seizes the opportunity to finish it off with a final Earthquake for the KO! It’s badly bruised and battered, but Chomp is still up and ready for a new challenger!

-------------------

Action 1:

Larvitar: Outrage (22 damage, -12 energy, crit fails)
Vibrava: Earthquake (24 damage, -10 energy, crit fails)

End of Action: Toxic (Larvitar -2 HP)

Action 2:

Larvitar: Outrage (22 damage, -12 energy, crit fails)
Vibrava: Earthquake (24 damage, -14 energy, KO)

End of Action: Toxic (Larvitar -2 HP)

Action 3:

Vibrava: Earthquake (1 damage, -18 energy, KO)
Larvitar: KO’d

~ROUND 2 ENDS~

HP: 2
Energy: 39
Boosts: None
Other: None

VS.

HP: 0
Energy: 53
Boosts: Gone
Other: Done

Detroitlolcat releases new Pokemon --> Doominic issues Actions --> Detroitlolcat issues Actions --> Korski refs

DetroitLolcat

Dammit, Larvitar! You're supposed to KO it so you can Evolve! At least I'll have a Scizor after this! Go, Arceus ScythAR

Korski

Distilled, 80 proof
Doominic has passed the DQ time for this battle. Detroitlolcat has the option to accept Doominic's DQ and end the match now with a Win or to try to get Doominic's attention via VM or PM and continue the match if he/she responds. I'll give this until tomorrow without a response to shut it down.

Korski

Distilled, 80 proof
Doominic has way passed the DQ deadline, so it's time to call it. DetroitLolcat WINS by DQ!!!!

--------------------

Doominic: 0

DetroitLolcat: 2 TC
  • Larvitar: 1 EC, 2 MC, 1 DC
  • Scyther: (good thing we made it far enough so you could release it!) 1 EC, 2 MC, 1 DC
Blazikenmaster-Zeo: 0

Korski: 2 RC

MOD ALERT: Please change the prefix of the match to "Completed," thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)