Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

As for radar abuse, I don't plan on doing that any time soon. Sounds like you would need a very high target frame to go along with the standard chaining.
For non shiny you don't need an extremely high frame, I abused a Vibrava with a frame of 186, the important thing is getting a chain of your radar pokemon going.
For shiny radar pokemon I'm going to test if a shiny patch is even needed(as I have a feeling it isn't) and I'll get back to you.

Also, the guide in post 6(or whatever it is) says that encounter slots correspond to radar pokemon, it isn't true and you should test your frames individually on that seed till you get your radar pokemon.

Yep, I got it. Just like you said, I just switched to Method K and kept track using that.

Ok, thanks!

Lol, I know, I just wanted to be sure xD
That's weird that your Gyrados started on frame 1, as when I did mine it started on frame 11 O_O.

Hello friends, I started to RNG with Soul Silver the other day and I have to say I like it better then RNGing in Diamond because you can do larger frames with relative easy. However I want to RNG a male rash/mild Horsea but when using time finder it did not show me any spreads. I was wondering if anyone had a spread they knew of that I could use and if possible tell me how I could go about finding such a thread for this and future instances when I cant find one.

my delay range is 490-510
As long as you are using a timer you can open that range up to well over a 1000 and get a lot of spreads.

Ok, so I'm trying to RNG in my platinum, (I mean, why would I post here if I WASN'T RNGing, lol)

Well, anyway, I am posting here to make sure I'm doing it right so I don't have to spend FOREVER trying to do the WRONG thing. Here's the spread I'm trying to hit:

Seed: 20020272 Date: 2011 / 06 / 01
Delay: 615 Frame: 17
Time: 02:00:26
IVs: B/19/31/A/A/31
Flip Sequence: H H H T T T T H T H

So, according to the guides I've read (mingot's RNG guide and Riski's Guide), I need to;

1. Calculate my Synch time (becomes: 01:59:00) and reset time (02:00:00)
2. When the clock reaches a new minute I press "A" to set my Synch time as my DS time
3. Then I turn on my DS again, and get all the way to the Intro screen
4. I reset when the clock reaches ANOTHER full minute
5. I press "A" on the continue screen 26 seconds later, and enter the game
6. I flip journal pages to advance my frame, then exit that screen and mash "A" to take the egg from the daycare guy.

So the main thing I want to know about (other than if I'm doing this right), is exactly how many time do I flip pages? (and yes, I know that only caught/defeated pokemon on the pages advance the frame) According to riski's guide, I would flip 6 pages, but it seems different for Mingot's guide.

Also, does anyone know what happens if there is a pokemon on the page that pops up as soon as you enter the game? (like, how many frames it advances by?)

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: I've also noticed that sometimes when I input the "Flip Sequence" into RNG Reporter, it says that I actually hit a seed pracically 30 days away. ???
So many things to ask:

I'll start by asking if you're using a timer. If your not, then I can already tell you that having 26 seconds of time between soft resetting and clicking to start the game is going to get you a delay way higher than 615. In fact, your time between soft reset and clicking to get in game should be roughly 14 seconds.

So my first suggestion is to use a timer and aim for a higher delay. When I did egg abuse in DPPt my delay was usually over 800. Timers allow you to hit said delays easily and consistently as most people have similar calibrated delay and seconds. Start with 600 and 14 seconds and let EonTimer update as you go.

Next I recommend watching these videos as they do the best job explaining DPPt egg abuse:

Bearsfan092 Egg Abuse Part 1
Bearsfan092 Egg Abuse Part 2

I'm a rookie at this so if someone could help me out with the basics I'd appreciate it. I'm using a timer for the first time in Plat (I RNG'ed with delays in the 600-620 range lulz) so I'm a little confused on how to work the timer.

Seed -- 9c0b03e3
Target Date: 2011/03/29
Time: 11:58:11
Delay - 984 (Can adjust years)

Edit: K I'm using PikaTimer. When do I reset for the first part and second part of the timer?

Right now it looks like:

Calibrated Delay: 606
Wanted Delay: 984

Calibrated Second: 11
Wanted Second: 50 (??)

First Timer: 32.70
Second Timer: 17.30

That's weird that your Gyrados started on frame 1, as when I did mine it started on frame 11 O_O.
That is weird ._.

Do you think maybe it's because I RNGd it after I beat the E4 (I KOd it at first, then beat the E4 again and it re spawned. Then I RNGd it)? Or does that not make a difference?

I'm a rookie at this so if someone could help me out with the basics I'd appreciate it. I'm using a timer for the first time in Plat (I RNG'ed with delays in the 600-620 range lulz) so I'm a little confused on how to work the timer.

Seed -- 9c0b03e3
Target Date: 2011/03/29
Time: 11:58:11
Delay - 984 (Can adjust years)

Edit: K I'm using PikaTimer. When do I reset for the first part and second part of the timer?

Right now it looks like:

Calibrated Delay: 606
Wanted Delay: 984

Calibrated Second: 11
Wanted Second: 50 (??)

First Timer: 32.70
Second Timer: 17.30
You either soft reset, or start the game from a menu (Ar's start menu or the DS') at the end of the first timer.
Second timer is when you hit A that starts your save game.

k if I did this right (by using the Coin Flip Checker app) I was off on my delay by 2...so either I'm a natural at this or I'm doing something terribly wrong.

Since I'm on an emu what I did was set my clock 5 seconds before the next minute, when the next minute came I started the timer, waited for it to finish, SR'ed the game and hit continue at the end of the second timer.

I'll keep trying and see if I'm doing it right.

Thanks for the reply.

k if I did this right (by using the Coin Flip Checker app) I was off on my delay by 2...so either I'm a natural at this or I'm doing something terribly wrong.

Since I'm on an emu what I did was set my clock 5 seconds before the next minute, when the next minute came I started the timer, waited for it to finish, SR'ed the game and hit continue at the end of the second timer.

I'll keep trying and see if I'm doing it right.

Thanks for the reply.
You're using an emulator? You can make this a thousand times easier.

What game and language?

Make a save state right before pressing A to get into the game. Check the delay in the Memory viewer. (Answer the question above and I'll tell you where to look to find your delay without having to do coin flip)

Get a save state that is close to your target delay, within the changing year delays. Once, you get a save state, all you have to do is start the save state and spam A and hope you get your delay. Changing the time to the exact second you need.

Hi. I'm starting to RNG bred pokemon in Pokemon Diamond and was wondering if any one of you could direct me to where I may find Syberia's flawless japanese ditto so I may have to do less of those Double Taps; which are very annoying if 4000+! :/
Please help me out if any one knows. Thanks
Ask on Simple questions thread for this,as for the tapps use shiny egg finder (on the first page) it can be used with internacional or national dittos

soooooooo close!!! please help??!

here's the story:

trying to rng for a 31/x/31/31/31/31 timid reshiram using standard seed.

i have calibrated and hit the 31/x/31/31/31/31 spread, but not hit a timid nature. according to metalkid's iv checker, i've hit something like a careful nature (not sure, as you can't check reshiram's nature until you save the game).

can anybody help with this?

here's the story:

trying to rng for a 31/x/31/31/31/31 timid reshiram using standard seed.

i have calibrated and hit the 31/x/31/31/31/31 spread, but not hit a timid nature. according to metalkid's iv checker, i've hit something like a careful nature (not sure, as you can't check reshiram's nature until you save the game).

can anybody help with this?
Lose the battle with N and you can see the nature..

OK thanks Zoap, I can't believe I ignored the delay like that! =/

My only other qestion is about page flips;

I always though it was just something like; If it was on frame 16 I just flipped pages 8 times (onto pages that had a caught poke), but according to Riski's Guide thing it's some thing like: [Target Frame - Min Frame divided by 2]

Can someone please tell me which it is? (or if it's neither, than what it is)

OK thanks Zoap, I can't believe I ignored the delay like that! =/

My only other qestion is about page flips;

I always though it was just something like; If it was on frame 16 I just flipped pages 8 times (onto pages that had a caught poke), but according to Riski's Guide thing it's some thing like: [Target Frame - Min Frame divided by 2]

Can someone please tell me which it is? (or if it's neither, than what it is)
Well it depends on how much your Sweet Scent advances.

anyone here please help i'm trying to rng a gastly and the problem is when rnging for wild pokemon what method to use and again how many frame earlier should I used the sweetscent to encounter a wild pokemon thanks

anyone here please help i'm trying to rng a gastly and the problem is when rnging for wild pokemon what method to use and again how many frame earlier should I used the sweetscent to encounter a wild pokemon thanks
Need to give more information than that.
What game? Where are you RNG'ing in game?
How many frames does your Sweet Scent advance the frame?
Do you have a synchronizer?
What seed are you abusing for?

Need to give more information than that.
What game? Where are you RNG'ing in game?
How many frames does your Sweet Scent advance the frame?
Do you have a synchronizer?
What seed are you abusing for?
soul silver game
no synchronizer
a gastly with timid nature

and oh btw ignore the question about the hitting the frame
and the sweet scent I think i can do manage to figure it out by myself

Breeding questions (leaning toward 3rd gen)

Can someone please tell me what the RNG Manipulation of Bred Pokemon guide means when it says that "the IVs generated for bred pokemon match those generated for method 1 pokemon?"

I compared the spreads in method one to all of the breeding methods, and they don't match up, at least frame to frame.

Also, where does the information for IV inheritance come from? I mean, how does the program know where to put the As and Bs?

soul silver game
no synchronizer
a gastly with timid nature

and oh btw ignore the question about the hitting the frame
and the sweet scent I think i can do manage to figure it out by my self
You should use Method K for Wild pokemon like Gastly. What seed are you using?

Edit: Ninja'd, sort of :P

So I'm guessing your target frame is 16 or 18 (Since both those frames have good IVs and are Timid)? Just hit your seed and advance to frame 15 and then sweet scent (Sweet Scent might advance by 2, though, so if it does the first time, just advance to frame 14 instead).

You should use Method K for Wild pokemon like Gastly. What seed are you using?

Edit: Ninja'd, sort of :P
seed c5150212
Haha. As Princess said, Method K.
Where are you abusing at? As each place inside the game has their own encounter slots? Or did you figure that out already?
If so, just check how much Sweet Scent advances by. It will be 1 or 2, and once you figure it out. It will ALWAYS stay that way for that save game.

Breeding questions

Can someone please tell me what the RNG Manipulation of Bred Pokemon guide means when it says that "the IVs generated for bred pokemon match those generated for method 1 pokemon?"

I compared the spreads in method one to all of the breeding methods, and they don't match up, at least frame to frame.

Also, where does the information for IV inheritance come from? I mean, how does the program know where to put the As and Bs?
If anyone knows where I can find this sort of information, please point me in the right direction, but I'd really like the first question to be answered.

So I’m playing Black, and attempting to RNG an adamant Fraxure in Mistralton Cave with a 31 in all stats except special attack. I first watched bearsfan092’s video on RNGing legends, and I was able to RNG some of them without a problem.

I then thought I would move on to non-stationary wild Pokemon, and start with the above-mentioned Fraxure. I used an approach similar to the one I used with the legends. I made sure my DS Parameters were input in RNG Reporter, and went to the Capture tab of the Time Finder. I put in the IVs, sync nature, wanted nature, and specified it was a wild Pokemon.

Looking at the encounter tables, I put the encounter slot as 11, as Fraxure is in this slot in Mistralton Cave. I then cycled through the years and months until I found a spread with an initial frame of 1.

I started the game at the time specified, and paused immediately to use Sweet Scent with my sync Pokemon in the lead spot. The Pokemon that appeared was a Woobat, but it had the IVs RNG Reporter specified. I redid the process. I got the same Woobat with the same IVs. I reset and ran around the cave a bit before saving again. After this, I got a Boldore with the specified IVs.

It seems that I'm hitting my target spread, it's just that I can't control the Pokemon that appears. I would imagine that by running around a bunch of times and saving, I would eventually encounter a Fraxure. However, this method doesn’t seem very practical. Plus, I specified that the encounter slot had to be 11, but this wasn’t the case in the game. I’m wondering what I need to do to get the encounter slot I want.

So I’m playing Black, and attempting to RNG an adamant Fraxure in Mistralton Cave with a 31 in all stats except special attack. I first watched bearsfan092’s video on RNGing legends, and I was able to RNG some of them without a problem.

I then thought I would move on to non-stationary wild Pokemon, and start with the above-mentioned Fraxure. I used an approach similar to the one I used with the legends. I made sure my DS Parameters were input in RNG Reporter, and went to the Capture tab of the Time Finder. I put in the IVs, sync nature, wanted nature, and specified it was a wild Pokemon.

Looking at the encounter tables, I put the encounter slot as 11, as Fraxure is in this slot in Mistralton Cave. I then cycled through the years and months until I found a spread with an initial frame of 1.

I started the game at the time specified, and paused immediately to use Sweet Scent with my sync Pokemon in the lead spot. The Pokemon that appeared was a Woobat, but it had the IVs RNG Reporter specified. I redid the process. I got the same Woobat with the same IVs. I reset and ran around the cave a bit before saving again. After this, I got a Boldore with the specified IVs.

It seems that I'm hitting my target spread, it's just that I can't control the Pokemon that appears. I would imagine that by running around a bunch of times and saving, I would eventually encounter a Fraxure. However, this method doesn’t seem very practical. Plus, I specified that the encounter slot had to be 11, but this wasn’t the case in the game. I’m wondering what I need to do to get the encounter slot I want.
Wrong thread. Use this one, it's for 5th gen. RNG help.

But, to answer your question, the Encounter Slot is determined by the PID frame, so even if you hit your IV seed and frame, you probably won't hit your PID frame without doing any PID advancements. Post in the thread I linked you to for more help :P

If anyone knows where I can find this sort of information, please point me in the right direction, but I'd really like the first question to be answered.
If you are looking for something like 31/31/31/31/31/31 that means the program will look for a seed with 3 numbers of 31 for Ivs (for gift pkm which is method 1) and 3 of 31 ivs that are giving by the parents [inheritance] (which are A [first parent] and B [second parent]).
So if you want a flawless pkm, both parents have to make at least 3 31s on their different stats. It is easier to find more results if both parents are flawless.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)