Media Minecraft Discussion Thread

Sooo I finnally finished moving houses and 100% settled (which means I have Internet again)
I have also decided to buy minecraft, a decision I made around 2 months ago, however due to exams and the such I didnt want to buy it just in case I get hooked, but now its the holidays so I finnally got the visa credit card
So yeah I apologise to Notch for pirating his game but I am buying it now which is good

I have 50 dollars worth though so I might buy 2 minecrafts for my second laptop so my brother can play with me
-Question: If I do have 2 minecrafts (one for me and one for my brother) then can I set up some sort of local server so only we can connect without really connecting to the internet.

-Question 2: If I dont buy the second minecraft would Terraria be a good choice? Is it good? I havent played it before so I wouldnt know

-Question 3: Can I have the details to the Smogon server pretty please + rules + how many people are there + 24/7 or not + (PVP or not - Im guessing not)

Thank you and the tone of my post doesnt seem like I am excited but in reality I am the most excited and happies person for now JUST 20 HOURS LEFT TO ACTIVATION

Well the rules are pretty basic:

No greifing
No being a dick
Give shuckle nice things.

The server is also 24/7 with about 4 people on at the same time (varies by time zone). You can pvp in certain areas with permission I believe.
To get onto the server pm Dan_Dan as he controls the whitelist.

Well the rules are pretty basic:

No greifing
No being a dick
Give shuckle nice things.

The server is also 24/7 with about 4 people on at the same time (varies by time zone). You can pvp in certain areas with permission I believe.
To get onto the server pm Dan_Dan as he controls the whitelist.
I thought so, but about the 3rd rule I spent 5 minutes trying to think of a witty uninsultive remark to it but yeah I couldnt find one

Any thoughts on my other questions though?

There are plenty of YouTube videos out there on how to set up a server, so that shouldnt be a problem. The actual stability of it though depends on your computer, but with just the two of you that should be bearable. You can't do it on a local connection unfortunately.

Terraria was pretty fun but got boring quick... they are constantly adding stuff though.

If you want to join Smogcraft, PM me your Minecraft username. We have 15 player slots, but the average is around 5-6, but as shuckles said it depends on your timezone as we have users from all over the world!!!!!!!!!1

Also a reminder to everyone: Don't update to 1.7 immediately if you want to play on the server. We won't be updating it until Bukkit and specifically Logblock are updated.

I thought so, but about the 3rd rule I spent 5 minutes trying to think of a witty uninsultive remark to it but yeah I couldnt find one

The correct reply would be will do. Also to anyone who updated to 1.7 don't push a sapling with a piston; it causes you world to become unplayable.

Fences can be stacked. Anyone who has ever built using fences will rejoice at this news. Ah well, I'm not going to update to 1.7 yet because Smogcraft is still on 1.6.6 and there will probably be a bunch of emergency bugfixes. Also, mods and texture packs won't be updated for quite some time, so I wouldn't advise you to update now.

WOOOOHOOOO Finished Ive got it Im registred Im premium
Im so unbelievably pumped, until I wait for SmogCraft Im gonna see how its like on PVP servers.
HECK YEAH.

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributor
Fences can be stacked. Anyone who has ever built using fences will rejoice at this news. Ah well, I'm not going to update to 1.7 yet because Smogcraft is still on 1.6.6 and there will probably be a bunch of emergency bugfixes. Also, mods and texture packs won't be updated for quite some time, so I wouldn't advise you to update now.
Am I the only one thinking "But they already CAN be stacked"?

Sure it wasn't as wieldy, and structures would need building from the top, but it could be done.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yeah they can dogfish but if you have ever made one innocent error in the construction then you will understand why this is so necessary.

This is more of a suggestion directly to Dan, but I think Smogcraft episodes would be more interesting if you featured one of the founding residents for the area and had them showcase the various points of interest. Not that watching you work stripper poles isn't amusing or anything, but it would be nice to hear some insight on the history behind some of these constructions.

I had that idea for Skysoar, but Mastadi hasn't been on for a while and wasn't really up for it. For newly built areas/stuff that I don't know about, I think it'll be a necessity or else it'll just be "this is a building isn't it nice" x50. Ultimately, I would like to get dual coms on the video, but everyone is chicken and scheduling it is hassle.

PLUS I have to actually be in the mood to make a video.

Regarding 1.7: The recommended build for craftbukkit has just been uploaded onto the main Bukkit repository, so now we're waiting on the server hosts to make it compatible for us, and of course LogBlock to be updated. Probably another day or so until we get pistons on Smogcraft.

Early 1.8 development screens! I'll put spolier tags on.

They're releasing them over on Google+ ....luckily I got an invite (not from Notch :()

Rocket Grunt

✁ - - - - - - - - - -
is a Top Artist Alumnus
he's putting ruins in!? that's fucking awesome.
i think the mushrooms are p. ridiculous, but they could be fun.

Yeah I was thinking that the gorgeous mountaintop view of a tree-filled valley with a few sheer cliffs and waterfalls would be rather unaesthetically punctuated by some gigantic red mushrooms but what do I know.

az

toddmoding
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
ruins look great

dont think im keen on anything else just yet though, but i will give npcs a chance

internet

no longer getting paid to moderate
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
this is becoming fucking awesome

the mushrooms do look pretty ridiculous but think about all the stew you could make

also i hope he makes dead shrubs drop some sticks seriously :I

The server is having it's usual teething issues with the new Bukkit build... If you can log on, you're likely to get disconnected and crash the server within a minute, and when the server crashesit needs to be restarted. Manually. So, until another bukkit update comes, Smogcraft will be offline. Feel free to update to 1.7 and learn some cool piston shit.

Apologies for the double post, but the server is back online \o/. LogBlock is dead, but I found another one which is practically identical and works! Please let me know if you have any issues.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)