Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

If you are looking for something like 31/31/31/31/31/31 that means the program will look for a seed with 3 numbers of 31 for Ivs (for gift pkm which is method 1) and 3 of 31 ivs that are giving by the parents [inheritance] (which are A [first parent] and B [second parent]).
So if you want a flawless pkm, both parents have to make at least 3 31s on their different stats. It is easier to find more results if both parents are flawless.
I'm afraid I don't know what you're talking about. Their is no PID listed under any of the breeding methods, so the IVs come from somewhere else, right? Maybe another method? So when the guide said that the IVs for bred pokemon match those for method 1 pokemon, I was under the impression that the breeding method used method 1 spreads, and then replaced some three IVs with As and Bs. But it doesn't appear that way...

Oh, and I'm not looking for any help RNG abusing for anything, if that helps.

How many frames does encountering and running away from a pokemon advance the RNG?
I believe you look at the Actual Frame of the frame you're on, and add 6. That's the frame you will be on after the battle ends.

How many frames does encountering and running away from a pokemon advance the RNG?
Well, on RNG Reporter, once you type in the seed and pick the right method (And a syncer if you have one) then generate, you should get a column that says "Occidentary". The number in that column is the frame you'll be on after a wild pokemon battle on a specific frame. For example, if you were on Frame 1 and you used Sweet Scent (Which would land you on frame 2 or 3) and the Occidentary for frame 2 or 3 is 10, then you would be on frame 10 after the battle.

I'm afraid I don't know what you're talking about. Their is no PID listed under any of the breeding methods, so the IVs come from somewhere else, right? Maybe another method? So when the guide said that the IVs for bred pokemon match those for method 1 pokemon, I was under the impression that the breeding method used method 1 spreads, and then replaced some three IVs with As and Bs. But it doesn't appear that way...

Oh, and I'm not looking for any help RNG abusing for anything, if that helps.
No, Method 1 and breeding methods have different IVs (I think). Which guide said that? And also, when breeding, you have to hit two different seeds - one for the PID, and one for the IVs.

Well, on RNG Reporter, once you type in the seed and pick the right method (And a syncer if you have one) then generate, you should get a column that says "Occidentary". The number in that column is the frame you'll be on after a wild pokemon battle on a specific frame. For example, if you were on Frame 1 and you used Sweet Scent (Which would land you on frame 2 or 3) and the Occidentary for frame 2 or 3 is 10, then you would be on frame 10 after the battle.
Oops, I guess I was referring to an older version of RNG reporter. Version 8.3 says "Actual" instead of "Occidentary."

No, Method 1 and breeding methods have different IVs (I think). Which guide said that? And also, when breeding, you have to hit two different seeds - one for the PID, and one for the IVs.
Right, that's what I thought, contrary to what this guide says (the second sentence after the Trick Room Spreads table). If not method 1, I'd really like to know where the spreads come from. And I'm referring to IVs so anytime I mention "seed," it will be for IVs.

Oops, I guess I was referring to an older version of RNG reporter. Version 8.3 says "Actual" instead of "Occidentary."
Really? I was looking at version 8.31 and it doesn't say "Actualy" anywhere.

Right, that's what I thought, contrary to what this guide says (the second sentence after the Trick Room Spreads table). If not method 1, I'd really like to know where the spreads come from. And I'm referring to IVs so anytime I mention "seed," it will be for IVs.
Well, actually, the guide might be right. The sentence after the one we're questioning says: "However, there are odd occasions when the game opts to either use a different method from method 1 to generate IVs, or assign "A" and "B" values in a different way." Idk, it doesn't really matter, Imo :P

Really? I was looking at version 8.31 and it doesn't say "Actualy" anywhere.
Sorry, I meant 8.30. It says "Actual" on that one.

Well, actually, the guide might be right. The sentence after the one we're questioning says: "However, there are odd occasions when the game opts to either use a different method from method 1 to generate IVs, or assign "A" and "B" values in a different way." Idk, it doesn't really matter, Imo :P
Yeah, by that, I think its referring to "Emerald Splits" or "Emerald Alternate" but I'm not too sure. I'll just ask Arseus; he wrote the guide after all.

I'm thinking about getting a Bonus Disc for Body Slam Jirachi... can you RNG mistery event Pokemon in Sapphire/Ruby or Emerald?
If so, what method they use?

I don't believe there's a way to RNG those pokes from the 3rd gen. Your best bet is to keep trying till you get good IVs.

Even if there was a RSE method, it would more than likely be a bitch just like RNG breeding/captures is on Emerald.

Are the encounter slots wrong for route 210 south? I am trying to RNG for a scyther there, and I looked up my particular seed and found that it had an ecounter of 2 for sweet scent, following the link it said that scyther was number 2, and ponyta was number 3. After hitting my seed and advancing my frame I ran into a shiny ponyta... what did I do wrong here? Are the numbers messed up or am I not seeing something?

I certainly forgot how to id/sid abuse. So what i have right now are:

-rng reporter, the old one. probably before a gen 5 tab came up.
-eon timer/ or pikatimer, i switch and adjust accordingly as to which would work for me
-highshinyivsspread sheet, which is posted in the front page

So my problem is that i forgot to id/sid abuse in dppt. and im aiming for dppt and hgss to remedy my dreams of getting shiny legendaries on all gen 4 games. I know for a fact that pandora's box is required for this, but since i know of the pids which im going to be selecting at the highshinyivsspread sheet, i don't know how im going to manipulate them to obtain my id/sid. do i need to find out my hex, and if so is there also a guide that you can refer me to for a step-by-step one. I forgot the guide given to me by someone in smogon since i learned that through #smogonwifi. Any help would be appreciated, thanks. :)

If you're not using an emulator ID/SID abusing for the 4th gen is a real pain in the ass. I've only seen one person who can do it consistently and he's needs a few hours to do it right.

You have to figure out what your average delay is and how long it takes you to start a new game. The transition from the TV screen to switching to your room is when your ID/SID is generated.

Keep starting new games until you get an average delay you're confident with. Also note how long it takes you to start a new game. You find out what your average delay is in Pandora's box on the 3rd column. Fill out the ID you received, the month/date/year/etc etc and for the min/max delay, fill a decent range (5000 min, max whatever). It will tell you what delay you hit for that specific ID you got.

When you figure out what your average delay is, take the PID of the seed and put it in the first column under "Desired PID". Then fill out the delay range you keep hitting. It will give you some compatible IDs.

Pick 1 seed. Copy/paste or write down the seed for the ID/SID in "Seed to Time". Whatever date or second you choose, keep in mind the ID/SID will be generated the second you turn from the TV to your room, so whatever date and time you pick you have to make sure you hit your delay on that exact second, and that's where the problem lies.

The time it takes to start a game and to try and hit your exact second and exact delay for ID/SID, I imagine, is tiresome. I can only imagine how much skill it takes for people with carts to do it because I certainly can't, I just do it on an emulator because I could care less. Good luck if you chose to try and do this.

Hi Im trying to RNG breed for the first time in Soul Silver
Seed: 5E11026C
Date: 2011/07/06
Time: 17:02:50
Delay time: 609
Target frame: 12

Currently I have achieved getting the delay time and seed but I'm not sure if I got the frame right. Below is the elm reply for this seed.
P| P| K| E| K| E| K| E| P| K| P| P
When I called Elm I got this result:
E| K| E| K| E| P| K| P| P

To my understanding my initial frame is 3 as whenever I call professor Elm the fourth part in the replies is shown (In this case it was E). Therefore I called Elm 9 times in total to achieve 12 frames. Then talked to the daycareman straight away to receive the egg. I hatched the egg and did not get the right spread. Is there something im missing or doing wrong? Does the initial save frame exist or does it start at 1 everytime?

Also I have no roaming pokemon.

Ok I've honestly completely forgotten how to find my parameters, and now I'm needing to calibrate my DS again due to RNGing simply not working and me being travelling (so I can't use RNG reporter often) and uh yeah.

I've been following this process, and whatever I search for never nets any results at all. From what I remember I used to same process when I did it and it worked.

- Input MAC address etc where it goes
- Save game in Victory Road/Giant Chasm with a sweet scenter
- Set a time I choose (usually 12:00 on the current day) on the DS and RNG Reporter
- Load game, purposefully don't press anything until the shooting star appears, C-Gear off, immediately sweet scent something
- Put IVs into Serebii IV Checker, get it down to usually 5/6 as definite
- Transfer IVs into RNG reporter, and never get any results ever.

So can anyone think of somewhere I'm going wrong? I can't see anything, but then again this is me so yeah there's probably something dumb.
Wrong thread. Try the 5th Gen Thread, there's a detailed explanation on how to get your parameters.

I'm doing the calibration , but I have a problem when I caught something for obtain my seconds and delays I must put(in the rng reporter) the minutes when I soft reset or the minutes that appear in the DS?, sorry if this question is a little confusing.

Currently I have achieved getting the delay time and seed but I'm not sure if I got the frame right. Below is the elm reply for this seed.

To my understanding my initial frame is 3 as whenever I call professor Elm the fourth part in the replies is shown (In this case it was E). Therefore I called Elm 9 times in total to achieve 12 frames. Then talked to the daycareman straight away to receive the egg. I hatched the egg and did not get the right spread. Is there something im missing or doing wrong? Does the initial save frame exist or does it start at 1 everytime?

What frame do you hit when you collect the egg? Is it 13? If so, it's because your starting frame is really 4. The first three are skipped. So you only need to call 8 times to hit your spread. Hope this helps.

Are the encounter slots wrong for route 210 south? I am trying to RNG for a scyther there, and I looked up my particular seed and found that it had an ecounter of 2 for sweet scent, following the link it said that scyther was number 2, and ponyta was number 3. After hitting my seed and advancing my frame I ran into a shiny ponyta... what did I do wrong here? Are the numbers messed up or am I not seeing something?
The tables say that in the daytime, ponyta is in both, slots 2 and 3. At nighttime, slot 2 is taken by noctowl. Therefore, you can only obtain a scyther in that location for this spread in the morning.

Maybe even though you took the egg right away, the NPC was still fast enough to advance the frame. Did the IVs you got match the spread that was on Frame 13 (Because if the NPC did advance the frame, it would've been by one)?

Maybe even though you took the egg right away, the NPC was still fast enough to advance the frame. Did the IVs you got match the spread that was on Frame 13 (Because if the NPC did advance the frame, it would've been by one)?
I found out the problem. I didn't know collecting the egg gcounts as advancing the frame +1, so I ended up on frame 13 spread as I made one extra call then I should have.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)